Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,517 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755898 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
ceazar: Hi guys, I have read the information on this page thoroughly - http://www.vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria/student.html

I applied through an agent - BCIE and I just got my CoE from my school which is under streamlined visa processing. My agent sent me a list of requirements for my visa application and i got confused. See list below:

1) COE
2) INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
3) 4 PASSPORT PHOTO(45mm*35mm) COLOURED, WHITE BACKGROUND
4) VISA FEE AND 535 US DOLLARS(PRINT DATE NOT LESS THAN 2006)
5) SERVICE FEE VFS-#38,730
APPLICATION FORM- DOWNLOAD FORM 157A AT www.immi.gov.au AND ASSESSMENT LEVEL 3&4 CHECKLIST
6) ALL ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES USED TO OBTAIN OFFERS
7] 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT SHOWING ENOUGH FUNDS TO COVER OUTSTANDING FEES OF TUITION AND 18,600AUD
8] LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP AND SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
9] DOCUMENTS TO PROVE SOURCES OF FUNDS
10] EVIDENCE OF TAX PAYMENT

11) OTHER PROPERTIES DOCUMENTS IF AVAILABLE

When i applied for my course at Deakin Uni, i was asked to send a 1mth statement of account which i did before getting my CoE. When i called Deakin Uni, they said that they do the financial checks so that the visa board wouldn't have to. Hence i didn't think i would be asked for another 3 months financial statement for my visa application. Please can the house help me shed more light to this as i don't have the required money in my sponsor's account. Would i have issues if i refuse to include any financial statement to my application documents considering the fact that SVP is supposed to do so?
lemi guess. . .
angela gave you all that right?
If I were you I wuld work on it myself and flee from them
bcie seriously bungled my canadian application, thats hw come I found this oz thread. They don't know what they are doing in that place unless you are going to the uk and thats cos uk just wants your money and would take any thing as long as its paying.
when I startd applyn to oz, all the schools that used bcie as their agent, I avoided like a plague!
anyways, not to look like im de-repping any agency go with your heart sha.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ceazar: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
equlibrium:
lemi guess. . .
angela gave you all that right?
If I were you I wuld work on it myself and flee from them
bcie seriously bungled my canadian application, thats hw come I found this oz thread. They don't know what they are doing in that place unless you are going to the uk and thats cos uk just wants your money and would take any thing as long as its paying.
when I startd applyn to oz, all the schools that used bcie as their agent, I avoided like a plague!
anyways, not to look like im de-repping any agency go with your heart sha.

so what school are you applying to and what stage have you gotten to?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 7:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
ceazar:

so what school are you applying to and what stage have you gotten to?
Hv a few admissions secured
but im waiting for response a prog in QUT, if I don't get it, will head to perth for one of thr programs I have secured already.
thats were im at at the moment.
But I learned my lesson and im doing it all myself now
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kelvinbp: 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
surveyor1:
You dont need to write IELTS exam if your chosen university does not mandate it. Also, make sure your chosen course is on SOL or CSOL list. Sponsorship is hard for social sciences, I would recommend social work rather than human resources. the $23k is for one year o bro.
Lastly, aged care is the easiest job to get, although you can get other casual jobs too.

@ surveyor1..wow...am really confused
.the thing is I wnt a 2yrs course cause I heard afta 2yrs I would have the opportunity to apply for the pr....do you think a 1yr course would qualify me for a pr or sumfn...thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
I greet u All.
Just a general inquiry with those who hav experienced and know those who have experienced waiting for PR visa application to be granted. I don apply since April and do medicals in May. How long on d average does it take to get it? I read its 3month. My own don pass 3mths. My heart is racing.....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
What was the COs response to your mail?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
kelvinbp:

@ surveyor1..wow...am really confused
.the thing is I wnt a 2yrs course cause I heard afta 2yrs I would have the opportunity to apply for the pr....do you think a 1yr course would qualify me for a pr or sumfn...thank you
Bro. the $23k is for one year, because Australia is expensive. Let me point out something, a 2 year course does not guarantee a PR, it only guarantee a Post study work visa. For you to be eligible for PR, your occupation must be on the SOL list ,CSOL or the states nominated occupation list, hence you cant get a PR. So, make sure your skill is on one of the aforementioned list. A year program is not good enough. All d best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
bossladyMo: What was the COs response to your mail?

She didn't say how long it will take. After a lecture of how the process works which appeared pre-typed, she then said I should be patient...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Did she say anything about external checks?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
bossladyMo: Did she say anything about external checks?

Yes. Everything was checks, checks, checks. Nothing specific to me but just tht checks needs to be done and some are done by external bodies.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
That generic mail they send to people.

Guess you're just going to have to hang on...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nues1769: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
luvlyruky:

I think you should have asked your agent earlier on about their requirement and how much before you begin to process.like me I had to ask agents about their requirement and their price and some of them talked about this streamline visa thing and there's no need to submit bank statement if you are following this process.
Can you please let me know the agents u have talked to and their price and which of them will not ask for bank statement for svp. You can send the reply to my email seunmark06@gmail.com if the can't write it here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
bossladyMo: That generic mail they send to people.

Guess you're just going to have to hang on...

Yes. Very generic. Well, na to continue to dey wait, just tht I am very anxious at d moment. Do u tink this Ebola virus going viral will make dem slow down processing of visas frm west africa? Or hav u heard of someone granted visa within this period of the Ebola outbreak?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 11, 2014
Just relax. Many Indians on expatforum have been waiting too...one other Nigerian has been waiting since doing Meds in May too. I think it has to do with occupations.......I guess you are IT?

From what I have gathered, a quota of visa to be issued (not invite) is given to DIBP case officers per month per occupation, by the minister. So once it is exhausted, you have to wait your turn.

They could also be doing employment verification checks.......I assume you claimed employment points yes?

Whatever it is, you have been told to do medicals. The CO won't request you to dobmedicals until he or she is sure that your visa will be issued within 9mths from medical request, at most.

Ebola will definitely have an effect om visa issuance, they might just not publicly admit it.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2014
bossladyMo: Just relax. Many Indians on expatforum have been waiting too...one other Nigerian has been waiting since doing Meds in May too. I think it has to do with occupations.......I guess you are IT?

From what I have gathered, a quota of visa to be issued (not invite) is given to DIBP case officers per month per occupation, by the minister. So once it is exhausted, you have to wait your turn.

They could also be doing employment verification checks.......I assume you claimed employment points yes?

Whatever it is, you have been told to do medicals. The CO won't request you to dobmedicals until he or she is sure that your visa will be issued within 9mths from medical request, at most.

Ebola will definitely have an effect om visa issuance, they might just not publicly admit it.
You have spoken the truth. infact, it is the GTE that a casr officer must consider some factors like war, disease and other factors that may hinder student from returning to their home country. May God assist those people who are expecting their visas.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 9:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Tnx "BossMan"
I hope d Golden mail lands soonest. Ebola is a real suspect. They might not publicly state it like u said. In any case, I hope and pray I be in OZ for Xmas, God willing.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 9:46am On Aug 11, 2014
ceazar:

Thanks a lot FutureDon. I almost forgot about my statement of purpose. I would speak to my agent about the SVP declaration form as it was not attached to my offer letter. All i got was an acceptance form and an acceptance checklist for AL3$4 and i am certain that Deakin Uni is under SVP. Is there anything else you think i should add

I made all necessary inquiries and that's why i was prepared to show a statement of account with $30k+ just to receive a CoE. But i didnt think i would be asked to show a statement with $60k (balance of school fees + $18k) to apply for visa when my school is under SVP.

Is anyone currently about to or has just started processing his/her student visa 573 to AU on his/her own? Lets work together.

Nice to see collaboration. I finally made picked one of my offers. Am going to gtbank today to submit the "Form A" which is for invisible transactions. I intend for my account officer to bid for dollars from cbn on my behalf. I hope to get it at about 157 or 157.5 if it doesn't go higher this week. I also worked with Bcie and they are trying to shove the whole bring bank statement thingie down my throat. This thread has given me comfort with the numerous individuals who applied without bank statement. I am not going to submit those extra financial documents when I apply. One more thing u should take note u can't apply for student visa until 104 days to your program. So u have to chill till somewhere in Oct if ur going in Feb like me. Cheers peeps.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 9:47am On Aug 11, 2014
Forgot to add. Am also for svp
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:27am On Aug 11, 2014
Australia immigration has released a memo on Ebola, although it was stated that no additional related visa measures are required at this time but applicants from the affected area feeling unwell with sudden onset of fever, aches and pain should delay his travel to Australia and seek medical advise ASAP. Humm, I am smelling something here for the prospective applicants, people should keep praying. For those who have got their COE, please apply oooooo.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
surveyor1: Australia immigration has released a memo on Ebola, although it was stated that no additional related visa measures are required at this time but applicants from the affected area feeling unwell with sudden onset of fever, aches and pain should delay his travel to Australia and seek medical advise ASAP. Humm, I am smelling something here for the prospective applicants, people should keep praying. For those who have got their COE, please apply oooooo.
@ surveyor
Can u provide the source of this information? I mean like a web link or clue to verify this info. Its not enough to just state something as weighty as this and not state the source. Waiting........
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
prechear:
@ surveyor
Can u provide the source of this information? I mean like a web link or clue to verify this info. Its not enough to just state something as weighty as this and not state the source. Waiting........
Check immi.gov.au website and navigtate towards the news section...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
prechear: I greet u All.
Just a general inquiry with those who hav experienced and know those who have experienced waiting for PR visa application to be granted. I don apply since April and do medicals in May. How long on d average does it take to get it? I read its 3month. My own don pass 3mths. My heart is racing.....

I can almost predict you'd getthe PR Visa this September. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by buildermaryjane: 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello dears..please help me out...I had applied for masters program and was routed to BCIE agent to complete my application. Has anyone pass through the same? Please share requirements from BCIE hope SOA wasn't required. ..please your candid advise would be appreciated.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
buildermaryjane: Hello dears..please help me out...I had applied for masters program and was routed to BCIE agent to complete my application. Has anyone pass through the same? Please share requirements from BCIE hope SOA wasn't required. ..please your candid advise would be appreciated.

Did you even bother to read at least ONE PAGE of this thread, before asking questions?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
bossladyMo:

Did you even bother to read at least ONE PAGE of this thread, before asking questions?

Boss grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
bossladyMo: Did you even bother to read at least ONE PAGE of this thread, before asking questions?

God bless you ma.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
buildermaryjane: Hello dears..please help me out...I had applied for masters program and was routed to BCIE agent to complete my application. Has anyone pass through the same? Please share requirements from BCIE hope SOA wasn't required. ..please your candid advise would be appreciated.

smiley this the wrong place to ask about agents.most people here do it themselves.there was a little discussion about this BCIE a page or two pages behind.maybe if you read it you will understand it won't take time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ceazar: 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Here's the link --> http://www.immi.gov.au/News/Pages/ebola.aspx

This is also useful --> http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/threats-public-health.htm

Just hope this doesn't change anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
luvlyruky:

smiley this the wrong place to ask about agents.most people here do it themselves.there was a little discussion about this BCIE a page or two pages behind.maybe if you read it you will understand it won't take time.

A page behind is even going too far ...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
FutureDon:

God bless you ma.

Amenoooo....and you too!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
Cypha8:

Boss grin grin grin

You just disapia!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
bossladyMo:

A page behind is even going too far ...

Lols you are right o shocked na wa

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.