Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,305 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755961 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
Which is better for a telecommunications engineer to migrate to ? australia or canada . I have to make that choice now and it is proving the most difficult decision. I have read materials online and still can't make up my mind. Please could someone well informed about job prospects and adaptability to the two countries advise me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
bossladyMo:

You just disapia!

Madame I dey observation mode. The wait... #sigh
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by buildermaryjane: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hey I did..my point here is the school I applied to route my application to BCIE.all am asking is if anyone in the house had same experience.
bossladyMo:

Did you even bother to read at least ONE PAGE of this thread, before asking questions?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
surveyor1: Australia immigration has released a memo on Ebola, although it was stated that no additional related visa measures are required at this time but applicants from the affected area feeling unwell with sudden onset of fever, aches and pain should delay his travel to Australia and seek medical advise ASAP. Humm, I am smelling something here for the prospective applicants, people should keep praying. For those who have got their COE, please apply oooooo.
I don't think there will be a problem at all, save a little delay that might accompany the visa issuance, after they might have subjected an applicant to thorough medical check.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
nues1769:
Can you please let me know the agents u have talked to and their price and which of them will not ask for bank statement for svp. You can send the reply to my email seunmark06@gmail.com if the can't write it here.
Agents are not the ones doing it, it is the school (University now) that do all those things you are asking for. All what you need is check for the schools under the SVP program and apply. Besides, you still need to submit a bank statement, to make the school sure of your capability to pay your tuition and cater for yourself in Oz, and pay the first semester fee before they give you the CoE.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
RedReact:
Agents are not the ones doing it, it is the school (University now) that do all those things you are asking for. All what you need is check for the schools under the SVP program and apply. Besides, you still need to submit a bank statement, to make the school sure of your capability to pay your tuition and cater for yourself in Oz, and pay the first semester fee before they give you the CoE.
will the same bank statement also be use for visa application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
buildermaryjane: Hello dears..please help me out...I had applied for masters program and was routed to BCIE agent to complete my application. Has anyone pass through the same? Please share requirements from BCIE hope SOA wasn't required. ..please your candid advise would be appreciated.

Yea had the same experience. Paid online 2weeks later they said I should go meet their agent. SOA wasn't required once ur SVP. Just that u will have to sign a declaration that u have capacity to honour ur financial requirements once in oz. Just do what u have to do to get ur offer letter. Once u have it ur done with any ensuing drama from the agents.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by buildermaryjane: 2:10am On Aug 12, 2014
@Malkinburg thanks for the info. I will contact BCIE and see how it goes. .hope they don't stress us I can imagine how naija administration can be frustrating....
malkinburg:

Yea had the same experience. Paid online 2weeks later they said I should go meet their agent. SOA wasn't required once ur SVP. Just that u will have to sign a declaration that u have capacity to honour ur financial requirements once in oz. Just do what u have to do to get ur offer letter. Once u have it ur done with any ensuing drama from the agents.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 6:10am On Aug 12, 2014
malkinburg:

Nice to see collaboration. I finally made picked one of my offers. Am going to gtbank today to submit the "Form A" which is for invisible transactions. I intend for my account officer to bid for dollars from cbn on my behalf. I hope to get it at about 157 or 157.5 if it doesn't go higher this week. I also worked with Bcie and they are trying to shove the whole bring bank statement thingie down my throat. This thread has given me comfort with the numerous individuals who applied without bank statement. I am not going to submit those extra financial documents when I apply. One more thing u should take note u can't apply for student visa until 104 days to your program. So u have to chill till somewhere in Oct if ur going in Feb like me. Cheers peeps.
Can't apply before 104 days to your start date?
Never seen this inform anywere before
kindly post the link you got it from?
Asking cos my program starts feb but I was planning to apply sept.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Based on my limited knowledge, a prospective student can NOT lodge an ONLINE application more than 124days ahead of program commencement date stated on the offer letter. However, students lodging paper applications can do so at anytime. Since Nigerians submit paper applications, I would expect that one can apply for a student visa (SVP inclusive) whenever s/he so desires. In other words, a prospective student from Nigeria can apply as soon as s/he receives a CoE.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 10:27am On Aug 13, 2014
FutureDon: Based on my limited knowledge, a prospective student can NOT lodge an ONLINE application more than 124days ahead of program commencement date stated on the offer letter. However, students lodging paper applications can do so at anytime. Since Nigerians submit paper applications, I would expect that one can apply for a student visa (SVP inclusive) whenever s/he so desires. In other words, a prospective student from Nigeria can apply as soon as s/he receives a CoE.

Thanks for the further clarification. Went online to be certain and it turns out that only online applications are subject to the 124 day rule. Ne-wayz I intend to chill till its four months to the start of my program before I apply. This is the link I came across that validates ur statement for the benefit of everyone else.

Thanks once again for correcting me.

http://www.studyoptions.com/australian-student-visas#.U-ssVaA1jqB
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 6:40am On Aug 14, 2014
laminaria: will the same bank statement also be use for visa application?
Yes, it will.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
JUST GOT MY ECOE...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 15, 2014
Congrats Iriferi!

I just got my QLD sponsorship also...yay!

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 3:04am On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo: Congrats Iriferi!

Congrat to both of you. see you in QLD soon. Bosslady did you show proof of fund and u paid for application fee?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 15, 2014
surveyor1:
Congrat to both of you. see you in QLD soon. Bosslady did you show proof of fund and u paid for application fee?

Yeap. QLD requires 40k (total assets and cash), for a family of 3 (pry applicant + 2 secondary applicants)...but they only require evidence of a mandatory cash component, and declaration for the rest.

Mandatory cash component, irrespective of number of applicants, is AUD15,000. I submitted one month's bank statement of both hubby and I. You can use bank statement from any of the applicants that appear on the application, or combine with yours.

I paid AUD200 for the application on Monday, there was public hols on Wed over there, and by Friday morning (Aus time), I got my invite.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo:

Yeap. QLD requires 40k (total assets and cash), for a family of 3 (pry applicant + 2 secondary applicants)...but they only require evidence of a mandatory cash component, and declaration for the rest.

Mandatory cash component, irrespective of number of applicants, is AUD15,000. I submitted one month's bank statement of both hubby and I. You can use bank statement from any of the applicants that appear on the application, or combine with yours.

I paid AUD200 for the application on Monday, there was public hols on Wed over there, and by Friday morning (Aus time), I got my invite.
Ok. So you got your invitation less than two weeks right? Also, I think the required fund is lesser for people already in queensland. Did they call your employer in Nigeria for verification?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 6:17am On Aug 15, 2014

Awesome. Congratulations Iriferi and BossMadame grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2014
surveyor1:
Ok. So you got your invitation less than two weeks right? Also, I think the required fund is lesser for people already in queensland. Did they call your employer in Nigeria for verification?

For someone already in QLD, the total assets and cash component required is lesser...I think the cash component is 5k sef.

Nope, no employer verification. Just submit the documents and write a commitment statement.

I got my invite from skill select, the same time the nomination came through...all within the 4days. You know QLD does not accept direct applications, they choose your EOI. But they chose my EOI and asked me to supply further documentation, the next day after I submitted my EOI. QLD SS is not hard to get, once you submit everything....no racism.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2014
Congrats bossladyMo

I wish you speedy processing in other stages ahead.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:49am On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo:

For someone already in QLD, the total assets and cash component required is lesser...I think the cash component is 5k sef.

Nope, no employer verification. Just submit the documents and write a commitment statement.

I got my invite from skill select, the same time the nomination came through...all within the 4days. You know QLD does not accept direct applications, they choose your EOI. But they chose my EOI and asked me to supply further documentation, the next day after I submitted my EOI. QLD SS is not hard to get, once you submit everything....no racism.
Good. can send the me your commitment statement you wrote for perusal. my email is senibashir@yahoo.com. Thanks. what are the other documents they requested for .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2014
FutureDon: Congrats bossladyMo

I wish you speedy processing in other stages ahead.

Thank you FutureDon!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 15, 2014
surveyor1:
Good. can send the me your commitment statement you wrote for perusal. my email is senibashir@yahoo.com. Thanks. what are the other documents they requested for .

Skill assessment; Bank statement; Statement of service from employer (not in all cases).

Will send it...but just use it as a guide, as they are very particular about recycling commitment statements.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo:

Skill assessment; Bank statement; Statement of service from employer (not in all cases).

Will send it...but just use it as a guide, as they are very particular about recycling commitment statements.
Sure. I will do. you really researched well for opting for queensland because other states like victoria processing time is lenghty and they are strict
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2014
surveyor1:
Sure. I will do. you really researched well for opting for queensland because other states like victoria processing time is lenghty and they are strict

I applied to VIC, but they rejected me after 8days....with no tangible reason. Their claim is they only accept the highest calibre applicants and do labour market testing. I replied them, asking for a review and stating how my qualifications and work experience fit perfectly into the VIC agricultural industry....but hey replied with one generic mail after like a week. So long and short, even if your occupation is on their list, there might be no demand for it.........which makes me wonder, WHY PUT THE OCCUPATION THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, IF THERE IS NO DEMAND, RATHER THAN GIVING PEOPLE FALSE HOPE?

They literally send your application to industry experts (like recruitment companies who are aware of job openings around)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo:

I applied to VIC, but they rejected me after 8days....with no tangible reason. Their claim is they only accept the highest calibre applicants and do labour market testing. I replied them, asking for a review and stating how my qualifications and work experience fit perfectly into the VIC agricultural industry....but hey replied with one generic mail after like a week. So long and short, even if your occupation is on their list, there might be no demand for it.........which makes me wonder, WHY PUT THE OCCUPATION THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, IF THERE IS NO DEMAND, RATHER THAN GIVING PEOPLE FALSE HOPE?

They literally send your application to industry experts (like recruitment companies who are aware of job openings around)
That is what i heard too in goldcoast here. VIC are strict due to the volume of applications they are receiving
. Even students studying in queensland are willing to relocate to melbourne, sydney and perth. This makes it competitive. Anyway you got your invitation and after two years you can move if you want to.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2014
surveyor1:
That is what i heard too in goldcoast here. VIC are strict due to the volume of applications they are receiving
. Even students studying in queensland are willing to relocate to melbourne, sydney and perth. This makes it competitive. Anyway you got your invitation and after two years you can move if you want to.

QLD has always been mine and hubby's first choice sef. They are exceptionally strict with ICT occupations, but with other occupations, they just give the general 'no demand' excuse.

They don't receive as many as NSW, yet NSW has one of the mildest eligibility requirements, and almost all the ICT occipations on their list.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2014

Congrats Bosslady and Iriferi! Glad to knw that OZ visa procedures is going smoothly regardless of Ebola. Congrats to u both. Unto to next stage...........goodluck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo:

QLD has always been mine and hubby's first choice sef. They are exceptionally strict with ICT occupations, but with other occupations, they just give the general 'no demand' excuse.

They don't receive as many as NSW, yet NSW has one of the mildest eligibility requirements, and almost all the ICT occipations on their list.
Did you chose QLD as second choice on your expreasion of interest. why did u said NSW has one of the mildest eligibility requirement. Dont think all the applicants who meet the requirements are given sponsorship bosslady.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
surveyor1:
Did you chose QLD as second choice on your expreasion of interest. why did u said NSW has one of the mildest eligibility requirement. Dont think all the applicants who meet the requirements are given sponsorship bosslady.

Nope...you can only choose one preferred state. NSW has a low English language requirement, no additional ears of experience apart from the one required by your assessing body, and no need for funds or any commitment statement or any other bruhaha. I am yet to see someone who was rejected for NSW, and believe me, I've done a lot of research. As long as you meet the requirements and you have a Bachelor's...you are guaranteed. The only snag is they can take as long as 3months for a reply, and that is because all the ICT occupations run away from VIC to NSW...theybalways fill up their quota before half the financialbyear is gone sef, and this new year, they decided to do it in 4 batches....1000 applications per batch....you wont believe in less than 30mins, the 1000places were taken.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2014

Congrats...and Godspeed for the next stage !

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
spiggy:

Congrats...and Godspeed for the next stage !

Thankssss!

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.