Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:11 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (761468 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo: Congrats Iriferi!

I just got my QLD sponsorship also...yay!

congrats madam.so happy for you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo:

Nope...you can only choose one preferred state. NSW has a low English language requirement, no additional ears of experience apart from the one required by your assessing body, and no need for funds or any commitment statement or any other bruhaha. I am yet to see someone who was rejected for NSW, and believe me, I've done a lot of research. As long as you meet the requirements and you have a Bachelor's...you are guaranteed. The only snag is they can take as long as 3months for a reply, and that is because all the ICT occupations run away from VIC to NSW...theybalways fill up their quota before half the financialbyear is gone sef, and this new year, they decided to do it in 4 batches....1000 applications per batch....you wont believe in less than 30mins, the 1000places were taken.
I believe you because i knew you did alot of research om PR. NSW is always the wish of the people living outside the state sef, because of the low unemployment rate. The city is big and full of oppourtunities but the only hinch is the high cost of living. Happy you got ur invitation. see you soon in oz
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please I got a mail asking me to apply for the skilled select 189 visa. I saw some info on diac website asking for polio clearance certificate for those from nigeria. Please what other forms do I have to submit to the case officer. Must I submit my PCC now or wait for it to be requested. Is there any body in this category. Thanks everyone .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 9:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo: Congrats Iriferi!

I just got my QLD sponsorship also...yay!
Thanks @BossLadyMo... Congrats to You also... Thanks everyone, I pray we keep receiving good news as the minutes unfold...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
Congrats BossladyMo
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
aolatunde00:

congrats madam.so happy for you.

lovelydamsel: Congrats BossladyMo
lovelydamsel: Congrats BossladyMo

Eshey pupo! Daalu! Danke! May we all achieve our dreams...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
iriferi: Thanks @BossLadyMo... Congrats to You also... Thanks everyone, I pray we keep receiving good news as the minutes unfold...

Amen
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
bossladyMo:

Eshey pupo! Daalu! Danke! May we all achieve our dreams...

Amen
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
surveyor1:
I believe you because i knew you did alot of research om PR. NSW is always the wish of the people living outside the state sef, because of the low unemployment rate. The city is big and full of oppourtunities but the only hinch is the high cost of living. Happy you got ur invitation. see you soon in oz

You should have seen the look on my face when I saw that the 1000applications had been taken...it was like rapture! Lol. And the proximity of Sydney to regional areas like Wollongong, means you can earn the big bucks in Sydney, and spend less on housing and feeding and all, in the regional area...all you have to do is commute.

Thanks jare...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
gogochocolate: Please I got a mail asking me to apply for the skilled select 189 visa. I saw some info on diac website asking for polio clearance certificate for those from nigeria. Please what other forms do I have to submit to the case officer. Must I submit my PCC now or wait for it to be requested. Is there any body in this category. Thanks everyone .

You will fill an online form once you click on the APPLY button.

You need documents to support your points breakdownand all.

I would advise you wait till case officer asks for pcc and medicals, so aa to open a line of communication between you both and also enable you know how far your application is proceeding. Although, some people front load everything, and get a direct grant without hearing from their CO.

You need to upload your polio vaccination card along with the documents I guess.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fame12k(m): 1:20am On Aug 16, 2014
please house, anybody with any info about skilled worker migrant program of new Zealand? is it as straight forward like Australia PR program.

thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 16, 2014
fame12k: please house, anybody with any info about skilled worker migrant program of new Zealand? is it as straight forward like Australia PR program.

thanks

Both migrant programs are similar, but with a slight difference. For NZ, you pay to submit an EOI. You should visit immigration NZ website.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2014
bossladyMo:

Both migrant programs are similar, but with a slight difference. For NZ, you pay to submit an EOI. You should visit immigration NZ website.

And for NZ PR, your EOI is valid for only 6 months. Plus the higher your score on the points scale, the higher your chances of being invited. Unlike Oz where 60 points is all you need...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
bossladyMo:

good evenin ma.pls help me with this answers to this questions.
1 - With respect to sponsorship,due u think i should start from this current season (page 1) and start reading to gather info or should i start from season 1?
2 - What is the full meaning of "nsw" u wrote?
3 - As an agric engineering graduate, due u think i can be able to get an employment in australia(regional or not) that will help me with d sponsorship?
if there is any info which u think might be of help to me,do give me a summary of it.
(Pls i have gone tru d thread info with respect to masters degree but the financial requirement is not encouraging - up to 16000 australian dollars to secure ECOE .As a fresh graduate i believe i cannot meet the requirement hence the pr stuff.)
Thanks in anticipation of ur humble reply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2014
slimz10:

good evenin ma.pls help me with this answers to this questions.
1 - With respect to sponsorship,due u think i should start from this current season (page 1) and start reading to gather info or should i start from season 1?
2 - What is the full meaning of "nsw" u wrote?
3 - As an agric engineering graduate, due u think i can be able to get an employment in australia(regional or not) that will help me with d sponsorship?
if there is any info which u think might be of help to me,do give me a summary of it.
(Pls i have gone tru d thread info with respect to masters degree but the financial requirement is not encouraging - up to 16000 australian dollars to secure ECOE .As a fresh graduate i believe i cannot meet the requirement hence the pr stuff.)
Thanks in anticipation of ur humble reply.

Hi. I don't understand what you mean by season, in question 1...kindly expantiate.

NSW is a state in Aus....New South Wales (capital: Sydney)

Your occupation is available on the SOL, means you can go for 189 if you have enough points. It is also available for regional sponsorship (489) in NSW.

You can check seek.com.au for job availability in Aus generally (if going for 189), or in regional NSW (if going for 489).

But note that you need to assess with EA, so contact gogochocolate to put you through, as he just assessed positive.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:11am On Aug 17, 2014
Ministries are moving; and congratulations to LadyBoss and and Iriferi
More goodness on the way
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 17, 2014
RedReact: Ministries are moving; and congratulations to LadyBoss and and Iriferi
More goodness on the way

Thanks! Wetin be ministeries are moving hehe
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2014
bossladyMo:

Hi. I don't understand what you mean by season, in question 1...kindly expantiate.
i mean just like usa and canada (general visa) thread that has part 1, 2, 3, up to 6.
From my observation 189 is personal sponsorship(right)?.
-Pls what is "EA"?
-Pls if there is a way you can help me to meet him online (on this thread: gogochocolate - it will help me greatly since he has passed tru it) kindly help me out.
Sorry for asking too much questions.
Thanks for ur kind reply to me(who is picking 1 or 2 info from dis thread).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2014
slimz10:
i mean just like usa and canada (general visa) thread that has part 1, 2, 3, up to 6.
From my observation 189 is personal sponsorship(right)?.
-Pls what is "EA"?
-Pls if there is a way you can help me to meet him online (on this thread: gogochocolate - it will help me greatly since he has passed tru it) kindly help me out.
Sorry for asking too much questions.
Thanks for ur kind reply to me(who is picking 1 or 2 info from dis thread).

189 is the independent application. It allows you to live anywhere in Aus. 190 needs state sponsorship, and you must live there for 2yrs. 489 is regional state sponsorship. It is a provisional visa, and allows you to compulsorily live and work in a regional area, then apply for pr (887) after 2yrs living and working 1yr. More detailed info is available on the immi website...just search for each of the visas.

EA is engineers australia.

Scro back a few pages...he posted something. You can PM him from there.

There is only one thread for this...no part 1 2 or 3.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
Engineers Australia is the body responsible for assessing engineers. You must submit three career demonstration report detailing 3 projects or engineering activities and clearly state your roles. You can download a detailed skilled assessment booklet from their site
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ayesa: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
@gogochocolate;please what about their fees for assessment and the general format for me as a civil engineer with 5 year's working experience in Geotechnical and Structural Engineering in a consulting firm?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
bossladyMo:

189 is the independent application. It allows you to live anywhere in Aus. 190 needs state sponsorship, and you must live there for 2yrs. 489 is regional state sponsorship. It is a provisional visa, and allows you to compulsorily live and work in a regional area, then apply for pr (887) after 2yrs living and working 1yr. More detailed info is available on the immi website...just search for each of the visas.

thank u very much. remain blessed and happy sunday.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
gogochocolate: Engineers Australia is the body responsible for assessing engineers. You must submit three career demonstration report detailing 3 projects or engineering activities and clearly state your roles. You can download a detailed skilled assessment booklet from their site

Good afternoon sir, i was directed by madam boss lady bo to contact u as regards ur application (189).Sir i would like u to give me a detailed process u took (documents and fees) when u applied and to this stage.if there are relevant documents u used,i would also like to have them.
Though it may look like a very big work i gave u, but do take ur time to reply my humble request(either on this thread for future members or to my mail).
Thanks in anticipation of ur humble reply to my question.
(I tried to page u but it seems not to be working or i don't seems to grab its use.)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
detoun82:

Sorry about tardy response. Things have been pretty busy here and i just got a good job offer here in Naija that I had to turn down because I'm leaving for Oz in a few months and need to be there before May to validate or else my PR gets cancelled . It was rather painful to make the decision to turn down the offer but I believe I can do better in Oz eventually. Enough of my sob story! I agree with all Manmeta has said. I went through the state sponsorship route as Recruitment Consultants aren't in such high demand sadly angry.

You need to first sort out your IELTS and once the result comes out, you can figure out how much points you get from there (8 in all bands will give you a total of 20 points). Skill Assessment for me was done through VETASSESS and i was asked for my transcript (I only used my masters degree from Oz as the first degree in naija wasn't in a relevant field) and a statement of service from my employer in Oz at that time- For assessment in my field they require at least one year RELEVANT work experience. Please note that this experience can be either offshore or onshore so if you can ask your employers in Nigeria or wherever for reference please do so. What i submitted for ACT state sponsorship was:

Completed application form
IELTS result
Skills Assessment
CV
Letter of Commitment
Declaration of available funds (they won't ask for your bank acct details though)
Reference letter from previous employer - if any
$300 fee (Aussies like their dollar wink)

The state sponsorship application took approximately one month and I received an automatic invite to apply for a 190 visa after the approval from the state smiley. For my 190 visa application, i submitted:

IELTS
Skills Assessment
Passport Bio data page
Birth Certificate
Naija and Australian Police Clearance
Form 90 Character Assessment form (It has a million questions so you have to answer carefully - i obviously exaggerate about the million)
Transcripts from Bachelors and Masters
Statement of service from three of my employers to support my claims on work points both here in Naija and in Oz

If i remember any other thing, I will add it later smiley! I need to make something very CLEAR, if you are claiming points on education and have a masters degree or a bachelors degree or both, please make sure you endeavor to get these qualifications assessed (both masters and bachelors), either by your occupation's assessment body or VETASSESS and they can assess your bachelors degree as equivalent to an Australian Bachelor's degree or higher. Also do not claim points on any work experience you cannot get evidence for. Evidence can be in form of reference letters, bank statements, payslips or tax returns.

All the best! I need to return to consoling myself about the offer i just rejected embarassed

Hi, I know it's been over a year, but I'd like to get some light over this if possible

I have applied to vetasses, still in the process of notarizing and getting relevant documents together . Apparently I have a 30 day window to do that.

I have changed employment 3 times in the last 8 years, including my nysc. one of them is also less than 6months duration. I have included all this in my cv, however, getting letters and payslips from the previous 2 is kinda difficult. The letter I got from my nysc pls was a lazy one, although I got one from my supervisor, but not on a letterhead. Do you know if I can scan both as 1 document and maybe have a cover letter would be sufficient? About the payslips from this employer, I think it will be a case of chasing shadows.

as pa the second employer (less than 6 month), I'm still on their case, while my 30 day window is fast winding down.... Do I just forget abt them, since vetasses says they would only evaluate employment more than 6 mo nths .

I can get all the necessary docs from my present employer, payslip, loe, work reference etc, although I think payslip and referee letter would suffice.

Pls kindly advise. I still have some more questions....

Obrigado

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
as a jjc, I have screwed up trying to post this earlier but, here we are,

I need some knowledge on some issues. I have applied to vetasses, still in the process of notarizing and getting relevant documents together . Apparently I have a 30 day window to do that.

I have changed employment 3 times in the last 8 years, including my nysc. one of them is also less than 6months duration. I have included all this in my cv, however, getting letters and payslips from the previous 2 is kinda difficult. The letter I got from my nysc pls was a lazy one, although I got one from my supervisor, but not on a letterhead. Do you know if I can scan both as 1 document and maybe have a cover letter would be sufficient? About the payslips from this employer, I think it will be a case of chasing shadows.

as pa the second employer (less than 6 month), I'm still on their case, while my 30 day window is fast winding down.... Do I just forget abt them, since vetasses says they would only evaluate employment more than 6 mo nths .

I can get all the necessary docs from my present employer, payslip, loe, work reference etc, although I think payslip and referee letter would suffice.

Pls kindly advise. I still have some more questions....

Obrigado
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
^^^ For your previous employments, use a statutory declaration and notarize it at a notary public or court. In lieu of the payslip, you can use your bank statement showing that your salary was paid during the period of employment.

You may need to review the NYSC you included as employment, did you perform a job task relevant to the occupation you chose?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
slimz10:

Good afternoon sir, i was directed by madam boss lady bo to contact u as regards ur application (189).Sir i would like u to give me a detailed process u took (documents and fees) when u applied and to this stage.if there are relevant documents u used,i would also like to have them.
Though it may look like a very big work i gave u, but do take ur time to reply my humble request(either on this thread for future members or to my mail).
Thanks in anticipation of ur humble reply to my question.
(I tried to page u but it seems not to be working or i don't seems to grab its use.)

My brother I visited engineers australia and downloaded the skilled assessment booklet which showed various assessment options. One for those with sydney accord certificate mainly those that schooled in western world and those outside sydney accord. The fee is 685 aud for standard assessment and 885 optional for employment assessment. For details of requirement you can visit their website. The documents required are notarized transcripts, degree certificates. There is a checklist to guide you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
gogochocolate:

My brother I visited engineers australia and downloaded the skilled assessment booklet which showed various assessment options. One for those with sydney accord certificate mainly those that schooled in western world and those outside sydney accord. The fee is 685 aud for standard assessment and 885 optional for employment assessment. For details of requirement you can visit their website. The documents required are notarized transcripts, degree certificates. There is a checklist to guide you.
Bros.... Are u apply for both CA and OZ? Relinquish one na!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
bossladyMo:

I know u saw my activity...say what u can. I need ur idea!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
Can you be a bit more specific please..... I don't get. Meanwhile I dont have bank statements too...there was a gap between the jobs.

Thanks

bellong: ^^^ For your previous employments, use a statutory declaration and notarize it at a notary public or court. In lieu of the payslip, you can use your bank statement showing that your salary was paid during the period of employment.

You may need to review the NYSC you included as employment, did you perform a job task relevant to the occupation you chose?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
ferdimako:
I know u saw my activity...say what u can. I need ur idea!

I'm fonkused...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
bjayzeez: Can you be a bit more specific please..... I don't get. Meanwhile I dont have bank statements too...there was a gap between the jobs.

Thanks

For employment reference, a statutory declaration of employment is allowed in a situation where you can't get letter of reference from an old employer. The statutory declaration will simply contain what the employment reference should contain but with additional information on why you can't get the reference from the previous employers. If you can get your supervisor/direct boss to sign on the statutory declaration to add credence.

When you were working in your previous places, did they pay your monthly salary to bank or paid on table (cash)?

If they paid to bank, just print the bank statement for the periods you work there, it should suffice for payslip.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.