Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,239 members, 7,860,535 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:18 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (763067 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 08, 2013
Please mates, I am looking for a short-term Roomshare accommodation in Melbourne/Sydney/Perth for males, 2 or 3 people max. I will be landing Saturday 24th of August.

If you have one available, please drop me a line so we can discuss. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 08, 2013
UBKtech:
Any Debit/Credit card with MasterCard or Visa logo on it is good to go, I used my Naira MasterCard from GTB for my payment.

Okay, I've been trying to use my GT MasterCard Naira or Dollar for my school fees payment, can't even see where to put those digits. I must ring them.It's fine we can pay from Nigeria. Wetin people wey dey abroad dey do others here because we hadn't credit cards!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2013
ferdimako:

Okay, I've been trying to use my GT MasterCard Naira or Dollar for my school fees payment, can't even see where to put those digits. I must ring them.It's fine we can pay from Nigeria. Wetin people wey dey abroad dey do others here because we hadn't credit cards!

Go to any branch of their bank. They will help u with the payment
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2013
mimi1147:

Go to any branch of their bank. They will help u with the payment

Oh really? I will call my school first! I no get bankers time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2013
Nwokenna:

Submitted June 15th 2013 got my CO this morning requested I do Medicals n police clearance

Did u all make nothing less than 6.0 in all the bands? This 7.0 all bands or better is somehow too rigid.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 08, 2013
ferdimako:

Oh really? I will call my school first! I no get bankers time.
You are right, get in touch with your school and tell them that you would like to make payment with your credit/debit card, they will probably give you a credit card authorization form to fill.

Complete the form with your card detail and send to them and you are good to go.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 08, 2013
ferdimako:

Wetin people wey dey abroad dey do others here because we hadn't credit cards!

Don't mind them, imagine one asking me to pay him N100k just for an Aussie address to conclude my application then
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2013
UBKtech:

Don't mind them, imagine one asking me to pay him N100k just for an Aussie address to conclude my application then

Thanks but there's another unrelated gist:Did u all make nothing less than 7.0 in all the bands and still get invited for 189? This 7.0 all bands or better is somehow too rigid.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2013
ferdimako:

Thanks but there's another unrelated gist:Did u all make nothing less than 7.0 in all the bands and still get invited for 189? This 7.0 all bands or better is somehow too rigid.

For my skill assessment to be considered my assessing body requested 7.0 in all bands for IELTS Academic I scored 7.5 in 3 bands n 7.0 in Listening. Its possible just relax n get d secret to nailing IELTS 4m d ubiquitoes blogs online.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2013
UBKtech: Please mates, I am looking for a short-term Roomshare accommodation in Melbourne/Sydney/Perth for males, 2 or 3 people max. I will be landing Saturday 24th of August.

If you have one available, please drop me a line so we can discuss. Thanks in anticipation

@UBKtech from the time u where issued ur Visa what was the duration stipulated on ur Visa that you have to report to Aussie.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nwokenna:

For my skill assessment to be considered my assessing body requested 7.0 in all bands for IELTS Academic I scored 7.5 in 3 bands n 7.0 in Listening. Its possible just relax n get d secret to nailing IELTS 4m d ubiquitoes blogs online.

That's the spirit! I'm preparing towards that band scores too. Wow. @mimi1147, we need chk if nwokenna gat 8 heads o.lol. Example sef dey naija. We will make it to my sis. Seems ETI is moving up in my scale of preference. When r u applying for visa? oct or nov?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
posdream:

That's the spirit! I'm preparing towards that band scores too. Wow. @mimi1147, we need chk if nwokenna gat 8 heads o.lol. Example sef dey naija. We will make it to my sis. Seems ETI is moving up in my scale of preference. When r u applying for visa? oct or nov?

I'm thinking by nov
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2013
@Manmeta from the time you where issued a visa was there a timeline giving to report to Oz
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2013
Will i be able to go with my wife if i applied for one year diploma,you know it is not always up to 12 months program?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
Americanvisa: Will i be able to go with my wife if i applied for one year diploma,you know it is not always up to 12 months program?

Haba ! you knew you can't if it's not up to 12 months, is she still feeling indifferent about the courses? shocked ehehe, some people get head,dem no see cap o.LOL grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
posdream:

Haba ! you knew you can't if it's not up to 12 months, is she still feeling indifferent about the courses? shocked ehehe, some people get head,dem no see cap o.LOL grin

you know, it is regarded as one year but when they state it,it will be below 12 months
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
UBKtech: Come and join me sing Alleluia, We got our Skilled Independent (subclass 189) PR today. Me, wifey & dependent relative.

Alomo & paraga tinzs!!

Congrats bro! Welcome to Phase II of your relocation plans.

I pray may the land yield its increase for you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nwokenna: @Manmeta from the time you where issued a visa was there a timeline giving to report to Oz

Relax Nwokenna. You're almost there since you've been asked to medical this month. This the way it works:

The results of the medicals you've been prompted to do are only valid for a year. Hence, DIAC MUST issue you your PR visas before that expiration barring any eventuality.

I applied before SkillSelect came onboard. I got my PR 4 months after I submitted medicals and police clearance. But with SkillSelect, I believe it will be fast tracked.

Initiate your evacuation plans! lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2013
manmeta:

Relax Nwokenna. You're almost there since you've been asked to medical this month. This the way it works:

The results of the medicals you've been prompted to do are only valid for a year. Hence, DIAC MUST issue you your PR visas before that expiration barring any eventuality.

I applied before SkillSelect came onboard. I got my PR 4 months after I submitted medicals and police clearance. But with SkillSelect, I believe it will be fast tracked.

Initiate your evacuation plans! lol

@Nwokenna: Your arrival deadline is usually a year after you submitted your medicals and police clearance.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Largo(m): 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
i have an offer for nursing at ETI, and i have recently received my COE, school resumes Feb 4th 2014, is it okay if i apply for visa by september. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ubison(m): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2013
everG:

NO WAHALA SHA, WE WILL KIP IN TOUCH, TILL U COME TO LAG.I LEAVE IN LAG ANYWAY SO AM WAITING UR ARRIVAL

Hi, pls tell me more about IELTs because I wanna apply for it...can we get closer through fcbok??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ubison(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2013
posdream:

Firstly, i am not a bro(lol). grin and yes i booked online but i had to pay at the British council office in lagos. some people here like ferdimako paid online,i think through GT debit cards. It is very easy do as you will only need to fill in your names,sex,and passport number. also your address, email and phone number.

If your payment is successful, you will have assess to a-30 hr free online training in all the 4 sections of the exam. Furthermore, you will be able to use your email and the ref no to check your portal at anytime and also to check your results after all.

Here are the steps i took to get myself booked for the exam, i hope it helps

1. check this weblink http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/
click on the FIND A TEST LOCATION
2. ENTER our country Nigeria. (lol) you will see upcoming dates and modules
3. Read and Scroll down, click the BOOK ONLINE BUTTON
4. enter the test dates,modules and locations you wished for, then click find, click on the test date and venue you wished.
5. A declaration page will be shown and u click to agree -then click continue
6. Fill in your details (please be careful while filling, i made a mistake then but thank God it wasn't costly)
7. after all these steps you can either pay online through GTbank Debit card. i actually paid offline at their office in Lagos and the confirmation page was printed out for me.

i took along with me, a recent passport photograph and the photocopy of my international passport.

That's all, easy steps isn't it? be safe

Alright,I'm really greatful for your kindness.Your meekly explanation is well understood..†h♌nks so much

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2013
manmeta:

@Nwokenna: Your arrival deadline is usually a year after you submitted your medicals and police clearance.

†нªηк's the main reason I asked for the deadline is to guide me on the appropraite time to resign n plan my trip. Since the timeline is fairly long enough, I'll fit in my plan to it.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
ferdimako:

The minimum requirement for visa purpose is nothing less than 6.0 in all the bands if you are the main applicant, but if you are a secondary applicant or dependent, the requirement is overall band of 4.5

However, some skill assessing authority may require a higher band for your profession, in which case DIAC will adopt the higher score. Also, some people might need a band score of nothing less than 7.0 to gain additional 10 point on the point test.

Nwokenna:

@UBKtech from the time u where issued ur Visa what was the duration stipulated on ur Visa that you have to report to Aussie.

Usually they will give you one year from the date of your medical or police clearance whichever come first. I did my medical on Nov. 27 last year, so they gave me till Nov 26 this year to report in Aussie. I actually requested for an extension but this was not granted

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
UBKtech:
The minimum requirement for visa purpose is nothing less than 6.0 in all the bands if you are the main applicant, but if you are a secondary applicant or dependent, the requirement is overall band of 4.5

However, some skill assessing authority may require a higher band for your profession, in which case DIAC will adopt the higher score. Also, some people might need a band score of nothing less than 7.0 to gain additional 10 point on the point test.

Usually they will give you one year from the date of your medical or police clearance whichever come first. I did my medical on Nov. 27 last year, so they gave me till Nov 26 this year to report in Aussie. I actually requested for an extension but this was not granted

Thanks. I got it now!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Largo(m): 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote
author=Largo]i have an offer for nursing at ETI, and i have recently
received my COE, school resumes Feb 4th 2014, is it okay if i apply for
visa by september. Thanks[/quote] please can anyone help
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
Largo: please can anyone help

You can apply anytime you want
I stand to be corrected,I think its stated on DIAC that visa can be issue 4 months before sch starts
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2013

Even November is still okay.What is holding you till September?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2013

The earlier d better nw. Do u want delays? Kick start.

@mimi1147,ETI is becoming popular on this thread nw.hehe.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
posdream:

The earlier d better nw. Do u want delays? Kick start.

@mimi1147,ETI is becoming popular on this thread nw.hehe.

Yeah I can see that
I think we'll have our own small community in WA
Which city where you offered admission too by ETI?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Largo(m): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
mimi1147:

Yeah I can see that
I think we'll have our own small community in WA
Which city where you offered admission too by ETI?
Thanks for the information, my campus is in Joondalup.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote author=Largo] Thanks for the information, my campus is in Joondalup.[/quot

Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.