Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,116 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (762972 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2013
@A12345, I see u. Any reply from Tastafe ? I've got no mail since o.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 10:13am On Aug 07, 2013
mimi1147:

No I'm not married
Can I send in my application to your institution?
I will be happy if given admission by your institution, but please let the result come out after PR. I'm sure your PR will take less than 2yrs if my app is duly considered.
@UKBTech, congrats to you sir. All the best in Aussie and show them the real Nigerian drive; passion for excellence.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 10:44am On Aug 07, 2013
posdream: @A12345, I see u. Any reply from Tastafe ? I've got no mail since o.

sorry if am repeating wat hs bin addressed in ds page b4, bt i js nided vivid xplanation to ds tafe stuff, hw does it wrk. d advance diploma too, hw dose it wrk and wat is d possibility of getn PR wit dose stuff. gud xplanation ll b highly appreciated. tanx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2013
UBKtech: Come and join me sing Alleluia, We got our Skilled Independent (subclass 189) PR today. Me, wifey & dependent relative.

Alomo & paraga tinzs!!

Boss that lengthy form 80 character clearance form where you asked to fill it? If yes How did u submit it? Is it via scanning and E-mail or u posted?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 07, 2013
Nwokenna:

Are you Kidding me. Congrats boss am gonna be on ur tail soon. †нªηк's @ Ferdi I saw it. †нªηк's

Okay and cool. I'm still gathering my skill reference letters and I will file for skill evaluation with ACS in November when I must have got my B.Sc stuff.I've 3 options now to move to Australia...and the most affordable from here and while there but with lengthy processing is the PR.

So I hope if the Skill assessment turns out YES after 3months and my IELTS GT gets on the required scale...I will only wait on Skillselect to invite me again.That may be sometime before or in July 2014.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 11:32am On Aug 07, 2013
RedReact:
Can I send in my application to your institution?
I will be happy if given admission by your institution, but please let the result come out after PR. I'm sure your PR will take less than 2yrs if my app is duly considered.
@UKBTech, congrats to you sir. All the best in Aussie and show them the real Nigerian drive; passion for excellence.
LOL
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nwokenna:

Boss that lengthy form 80 character clearance form where you asked to fill it? If yes How did u submit it? Is it via scanning and E-mail or u posted?

Each of us was asked to fill it, it has to to be by scanning & mailing. I used PDF to merge it as a single document and sent it to my CO via email.

cconcept:

Congratulations!
please give us the timeline

@ferdimako, I applied on 31 Oct last yr. Got a CO on 12 Nov, we went for medical on 21 Nov but my dependent brother was discovered to have TB. So we commenced lengnty treatment, it took at least 7months to conclude. In the meantime, I decided to marry my hearthrob and I added her to my application around May this year. My brother's medicals cleared around July and yesterday 06/08/13, we got the grant. My timeline is a bit unusual but it is worth it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
UBKtech:

Each of us was asked to fill it, it has to to be by scanning & mailing. I used PDF to merge it as a single document and sent it to my CO via email.

@ferdimako, I applied on 31 Oct last yr. Got a CO on 12 Nov, we went for medical on 21 Nov but my dependent brother was discovered to have TB. So we commenced lengnty treatment, it took at least 7months to conclude. In the meantime, I decided to marry my hearthrob and I added her to my application around May this year. My brother's medicals cleared around July and yesterday 06/08/13, we got the grant. My timeline is a bit unusual but it is worth it.
Bro, please i hd 2years sales & mktn xprence, bt no sales & mktn in skillselect list sha, read economics first Degree. please my question is hw cn i fit into dat PR stuff, so dat i cn go tru dat process to oz
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
mimi1147:
LOL
You laff? I have already started packaging my application docs o. How much is your fee and what are your English lang requirements
@cconcept, how far with your stuff? Any light in view?
@Americanvisa, maybe you let her see the reason why she should. Just try and encourage Mrs so she can be like Mrs Posdream and Miss Mimi grin wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nwokenna: @Ferdimako pls I will be needing your zankli contact as I have been directed to do my Med exam. †нªηк's

@nwokenna, can you give us your timeline so far?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
posdream:

Well,all my offers were conditional pending IELTS and ETI means Education and Training International it is for western australia. MSIT means Metropolitan South Institute of Tafe and my study would be in loganlea.
Chk this site for populations
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Australia_by_population

@kellyems pls see this.

cn smebdy say specifically wat makes a place a city or region in Australia, because wit population d likes of ballarat and darwin are cities bt i hv hd people say in ds thread that they regional areas.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
RedReact:
You laff? I have already started packaging my application docs o. How much is your fee and what are your English lang requirements
@cconcept, how far with your stuff? Any light in view?
@Americanvisa, maybe you let her see the reason why she should. Just try and encourage Mrs so she can be like Mrs Posdream and Miss Mimi grin wink

There is always light. May God give us what it takes to see
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
cconcept:

@nwokenna, can you give us your timeline so far?

Submitted June 15th 2013 got my CO this morning requested I do Medicals n police clearance
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
posdream:

I stand to be corrected pls,to the best of my knowlege,I think u can use TOEFL its one of d english proficiency test. I think IELTS is just preferable for australia,uk,ireland etc. TOEFL is mainly for the USA n canada I guess. But none of these discriminates against each other. They only prefer theirs. So u tend to hear IELTS more often here cos its for aus. Try n google wollongong for its population,if its less than 40k then its regional. I hope I m able to answer little.
Yeah! Tanks!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nwokenna:

Submitted June 15th 2013 got my CO this morning requested I do Medicals n police clearance
abeg make una dey try dey xplicit a bit abeg. wat did u summit and wat did u get? guyz are cnfuse smehw. tro more light abeg
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
Please i want to ask if an Occupation is listed in the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) but is not nominated in the state immigration website,can we still apply for it or not?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
ferdimako:

DIAC doesn't accept TOEFL for PR.It's only IELTS or OET.But you can use IELTS GT or Academic and TOEFL for student visa application.
@ferdimako tanks for info. While Doing my Msc 2yrs program in information communication technology (advanced) I will take the ielts GT, wat score must I av in ielts to b eligible for PR. Also, I heard its graduate visa b4 PR. Wen someone collects d graduate visa ow long does graduate visa takes? Does graduate visa expires? And if it expires does d person need to go bck to his/her country....please house, help on diz question!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
everG:

sorry if am repeating wat hs bin addressed in ds page b4, bt i js nided vivid xplanation to ds tafe stuff, hw does it wrk. d advance diploma too, hw dose it wrk and wat is d possibility of getn PR wit dose stuff. gud xplanation ll b highly appreciated. tanx

Tafe is just like polythenics here. Majority of the people applying here are graduates but considering the amount to either Bsc or Msc which can be expensive. Some opted for this tafe. And according to jenny. You can apply for PR after 2 years of study in aus. This is why u see people struggling to get a 2yr package course. Now to the graduate visa.
Post-Study Work stream – for international
students who graduate with an eligible
qualification. This stream is only available to
students who applied for and were granted
their first Student visa to Australia on or
after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream
can be granted for up to four years, depending
on the qualification.
You must be in Australia when you apply for
this visa and when your visa is decided.

Who can access the post-study work
arrangements?

Graduates of an Australian Bachelor degree,
Masters by coursework degree, Masters
(extended) degree, Masters by research
degree or Doctoral degree have access to the
new post-study work arrangements, provided
they meet the other eligibility requirements of
this visa.

(Culled from immi.gov.au)

Everything u need is on d DIAC website,u can also read it there.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
UBKtech:

Good I love how you took time to explain your situation. It is nice one can add in the middle of the processing. What was required of them beside Medicals? Did your wife and little bro have to satisfy English Proficiency? I read somewhere that any dependent under 18 must get 4.5 or pay extra to accommodate teaching them when they arrive.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
everG:
Bro, please i hd 2years sales & mktn xprence, bt no sales & mktn in skillselect list sha, read economics first Degree. please my question is hw cn i fit into dat PR stuff, so dat i cn go tru dat process to oz
My advise will be to check the 190 or 489 visa route, check the websites of the various states government. Who know, one of them might be sponsoring people with your skills.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
kellyemms: @ferdimako tanks for info. While Doing my Msc 2yrs program in information communication technology (advanced) I will take the ielts GT, wat score must I av in ielts to b eligible for PR. Also, I heard its graduate visa b4 PR. Wen someone collects d graduate visa ow long does graduate visa takes? Does graduate visa expires? And if it expires does d person need to go bck to his/her country....please house, help on diz question!

I know your IELTS should be 6.0 all bands or better if you don't need any points from English proficiency requirement, but if you must need the 10 or 20 points to make 60points, you hit 7.0 all-bands or better or 8.0 all-bands or better respectively. Yeah there is a visa for recently graduated folks who want to remain in Australia but I think it's like a bridging visa while waiting for your PR or something. I don't know more than this...research pls.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nwokenna and Ubtech...how did u pay for the visa? I know it must be via credit card because everything is done online.Not for me because mine should be paid while am in there but for others who will want to know as they process like you guys.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 12:01am On Aug 08, 2013
posdream: @A12345, I see u. Any reply from Tastafe ? I've got no mail since o.
. Alex confirms that it would take like 2mths. from now b4 they finalise on the nursing prog. He proposes sending me offer for comm. service.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by babbs45: 12:52am On Aug 08, 2013
mimi1147:

No I'm not married

Marry me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 3:24am On Aug 08, 2013
A12345: . Alex confirms that it would take like 2mths. from now b4 they finalise on the nursing prog. He proposes sending me offer for comm. service.

2months? That's like october o. When people go don summit visa app finish? What's d comm serv. package like? Total fees+OSHC? Duration? Commencement date and study centre. I hope its not in hobart?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2013
posdream:

2months? That's like october o. When people go don summit visa app finish? What's d comm serv. package like? Total fees+OSHC? Duration? Commencement date and study centre. I hope its not in hobart?
Community dev service in tastafe z a 2yrs program,wit OSHC of 42 dols per month. Nd also per person,community dev under children's services z abt 20dolls for 2yrs,nd under disability it's abt 22dolls.u can stil email alex.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 7:26am On Aug 08, 2013
zoe iyke:
Community dev service in tastafe z a 2yrs program,wit OSHC of 42 dols per month. Nd also per person,community dev under children's services z abt 20dolls for 2yrs,nd under disability it's abt 22dolls.u can stil email alex.

Thnx. I'll surely send him a mail today. After that I will weigh options. Just preferred nursing. Maybe I'll just ditch d tastafe nonsense. Its taking too long. I might look into d other offers. Thanx again.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2013
posdream:

You don't have to wait for them
You have other admission right?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2013
everG:
abeg make una dey try dey xplicit a bit abeg. wat did u summit and wat did u get? guyz are cnfuse smehw. tro more light abeg
Had my IELTS academic Dec last year got 7.5 got my skills accessed n had a +ve outcome April. Submitted EOI same month got Invited to apply May, submitted my Application June got assigned to a Case officer August was advised to do Medicals and Police Clearance.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2013
ferdimako: Nwokenna and Ubtech...how did u pay for the visa? I know it must be via credit card because everything is done online.Not for me because mine should be paid while am in there but for others who will want to know as they process like you guys.
Paid using my GTB mastercard
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 08, 2013
ferdimako: Nwokenna and Ubtech...how did u pay for the visa? I know it must be via credit card because everything is done online.Not for me because mine should be paid while am in there but for others who will want to know as they process like you guys.

Any Debit/Credit card with MasterCard or Visa logo on it is good to go, I used my Naira MasterCard from GTB for my payment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.