Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (758282 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2013
[quote author=A12345][/quote]

U r welcome.

@mimi. Thanx so much. That's so helpful.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 4:54am On Aug 11, 2013
A12345: .

Does is mean i can stay for 18months max. for me to finalise my PR processing after the Diploma Programme? Posdream kindly forward the brochure to my addy: mosomianthony@yahoo.com. Thanx

Diploma of Community Services Work is 123weeks that is about 2.3years. I've sent the brochure
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 5:59am On Aug 11, 2013
posdream:

Diploma of Community Services Work is 123weeks that is about 2.3years. I've sent the brochure
U're welcome
Pls can u also send me the brochure?
Karinbaby4@hotmail.com
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by evantical: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2013
plzz does it mean there are two ways of getting the PR?community service is not in the SOL.or is it when I complete a two year diploma course in community service,I will then nominate my skill as a community service personal?so confused with this stuff that I am thinking of going for masters in social work since it is in SOL.can someone explain better.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Geeluat(m): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
posdream:

@ POsdream, please I'm also interested in the brochure ayrichtie@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
@all, Please will my hubby sit for IELTS if he's following me as a dependant?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
@posdream
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
mimi1147:
U're welcome
Pls can u also send me the brochure?
Karinbaby4@hotmail.com
Thanks

Geeluat:

@ POsdream, please I'm also interested in the brochure ayrichtie@yahoo.com

Sent. Check ur mails
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
posdream: @all, Please will my hubby sit for IELTS if he's following me as a dependant?

which of the visa
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alphizo(m): 11:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pls my wonderful nairalanders in Australia. Am a graduate of college of education in kaduna, studied computer science and right now in South Africa, just got here but my destination is to go to Australia, so also continue my education n work as well. Pls what do I need to do, what r d chances of getting a job, to be able to pay rent n fees. Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 5:04am On Aug 12, 2013
posdream: @all, Please will my hubby sit for IELTS if he's following me as a dependant?

No, if you don't want him to. An adult dependant must show proof that they're at least knowledgeable in the use of the English language. Otherwise, they may have to pay an exorbitant amount (thousands of dollars) to the AMES. In other not to pay this amount, they may do IELTS with a minimum score of 4.5 (I hope I'm correct) or show proof they've studied in English for a long while. In my case, my wife was the dependant. She didn't take IELTS but we sent her pry school and WAEC results, BSc cert. and academic transcripts to show she studied in English all her life.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 5:11am On Aug 12, 2013
manmeta:

No, if you don't want him to. An adult dependant must show proof that they're at least knowledgeable in the use of the English language. Otherwise, they may have to pay an exorbitant amount (thousands of dollars) to the AMES. In other not to pay this amount, they may do IELTS with a minimum score of 4.5 (I hope I'm correct) or show proof they've studied in English for a long while. In my case, my wife was the dependant. She didn't take IELTS but we sent her pry school and WAEC results, BSc cert. and academic transcripts to show she studied in English all her life.

Good to know that manmeta. In my case my wife sat for ielts exam to avoid paying the second installment. I never knew that I could have avoided that by just submitting proof that she had her education in English. I also read recently on this forum that Nigerian could submit CDR for assessment to EA without ielts result. It's interesting that things are changing fast.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2013
NNBB2012:

Good to know that manmeta. In my case my wife sat for ielts exam to avoid paying the second installment. I never knew that I could have avoided that by just submitting proof that she had her education in English. I also read recently on this forum that Nigerian could submit CDR for assessment to EA without ielts result. It's interesting that things are changing fast.

One may also get a letter from the registrar of one's alma mater indicating that the medium of learning was in English. In any case, don't mind them. If South Africa could be exempted in most cases, why not Nigeria? Nonetheless, one shouldn't be quick to blame them. The standard in our system has plummeted too. I recruited graduates for my former company and it was disgusting to see many could not even write an application letter not without grammatical blunders. The ones I mentored always evaded writing technical reports because they didn't know how to.

I couldn't make it yesterday. Could you mail me your phone no. I'd like clarify an issue with you. Thanks sir.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2013
mimi1147:

But if you should know you can't get 5point from joondalup, cos its not regional area
Check the post code but I might be wrong
PLS CAN SOMEBODY EDUCATE ME ON HOW TO USE POSTCODE TO IDENTIFY REGIONAL AREAS, I HADLY CAN DIFFERENTIATE REGIONAL AREAS FROM URBAN AREAS AND ITS AFFECTN MY ADMISSION PROCESS.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2013
everG:
PLS CAN SOMEBODY EDUCATE ME ON HOW TO USE POSTCODE TO IDENTIFY REGIONAL AREAS, I HADLY CAN DIFFERENTIATE REGIONAL AREAS FROM URBAN AREAS AND ITS AFFECTN MY ADMISSION PROCESS.

Check pages 13 and 14 of this document: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 11:16am On Aug 12, 2013
manmeta:

One may also get a letter from the registrar of one's alma mater indicating that the medium of learning was in English. In any case, don't mind them. If South Africa could be exempted in most cases, why not Nigeria? Nonetheless, one shouldn't be quick to blame them. The standard in our system has plummeted too. I recruited graduates for my former company and it was disgusting to see many could not even write an application letter not without grammatical blunders. The ones I mentored always evaded writing technical reports because they didn't know how to.

I couldn't make it yesterday. Could you mail me your phone no. I'd like clarify an issue with you. Thanks sir.

Alright, I also noticed it. Pls sir, can I have your email address? Thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2013
NNBB2012:

Alright, I also noticed it. Pls sir, can I have your email address? Thank you.

manmeta1@yahoo.com

Thanks sir.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
posdream:

please cn snd me d brochure? pleaseeeeeee! tanx. e-mail victac4@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
Is diploma courses included in the post graduate work permit,any one with the information should assist me with the link pls
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
so hapi, now i can proceed with my application to universities. thanks to ielts buddy n those registration videos i watched and also ferdimako for dat website suggestion, infact d website alone is enough for training.
Listening: 6.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 7.5
Overall: 7.0
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
kmontee: so hapi, now i can proceed with my application to universities. thanks to ielts buddy n those registration videos i watched and also ferdimako for dat website suggestion, infact d website alone is enough for training.
coded guyz! congrats

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
kmontee: so hapi, now i can proceed with my application to universities. thanks to ielts buddy n those registration videos i watched and also ferdimako for dat website suggestion, infact d website alone is enough for training.
Well done bro,plz wt particular strategy did u employ in makin sure ur essay z exactly d required amount of words (150/250),plz I nid ur response my speakin test z scheduled for 15th nd my L-R-W tests z for 17th.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
zoe iyke:
Well done bro,plz wt particular strategy did u employ in makin sure ur essay z exactly d required amount of words (150/250),plz I nid ur response my speakin test z scheduled for 15th nd my L-R-W tests z for 17th.

I just followed the tutorial on ieltsbuddy.com. I didnt use a particular method in terms of amount of words, I just understood d whole concept n den vomitted it like dat. For example in writing test 2,I had 4 paragraphs, Intro n conclusion which had over 100 words, den the body of my work which was two remaining paragraphs had all the other words, mine was even over 300 words. Test 1 followed same pattern but with fewer words. However, d key is just to understand the approach of writing/presentation of facts n den showcase your understanding of english language through the topic or chart u given. Dont b afraid, its not dat hard, i used two weeks to prepare.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
kmontee:

I just followed the tutorial on ieltsbuddy.com. I didnt use a particular method in terms of amount of words, I just understood d whole concept n den vomitted it like dat. For example in writing test 2,I had 4 paragraphs, Intro n conclusion which had over 100 words, den the body of my work which was two remaining paragraphs had all the other words, mine was even over 300 words. Test 1 followed same pattern but with fewer words. However, d key is just to understand the approach of writing/presentation of facts n den showcase your understanding of english language through the topic or chart u given. Dont b afraid, its not dat hard, i used two weeks to prepare.
Merci beaucoup 4 dis info, am already getin nervous as d days gets nearer,cos I av som crios concerns abt d readin aspect cos most of d practice passages I used tend 2 b very very long.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2013

Thanks!Congrats! Where did u do it? Did u use a headset? So IELTSBUDDY.COM is so cool and I just printed the pages to beat no-NEPA situation in my area. I'm targeting 7.0 all-bands or better.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
ferdimako:

Thanks!Congrats! Where did u do it? Did u use a headset? So IELTSBUDDY.COM is so cool and I just printed the pages to beat no-NEPA situation in my area. I'm targeting 7.0 all-bands or better.

Thanks to u bro!! Did it in Lagos. I used a headset to my system. I also tink d videos i watched from my profile after registration was confirmed helped me to master some concepts. Utilize it in your GT exam.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
kmontee:

Thanks to u bro!! Did it in Lagos. I used a headset to my system. I also tink d videos i watched from my profile after registration was confirmed helped me to master some concepts. Utilize it in your GT exam.

Oh Lagos,I was talking about a headset on the exam day.Did you use the headset that day? Someone got 5.0 on listening when she needed 6.0 or better with 7.5 and 8.0 on other bands and now another test. All I need is 7.0 all bands if some will be higher, let no one be lower than 7.0. I hope these bands hear now...am plugging away on the materials. I'll be testing in Abuja,on Sep 21. Congrats, you're good for admissions and student visa applications!

Which schools are you looking at in Australia and major?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
ferdimako:

Oh Lagos,I was talking about a headset on the exam day.Did you use the headset that day? Someone got 5.0 on listening when she needed 6.0 or better with 7.5 and 8.0 on other bands and now another test. All I need is 7.0 all bands if some will be higher, let no one be lower than 7.0. I hope these bands hear now...am plugging away on the materials. I'll be testing in Abuja,on Sep 21. Congrats, you're good for admissions and student visa applications!

Which schools are you looking at in Australia and major?

We didnt use headsets here in lagos. It was on speakers and very very loud without interruption. Considering ECU, ballarat n University of Tasmania. Msc in Information Systems or Info Technology.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 12:39am On Aug 13, 2013
zoe iyke:
Please were can I download the IELTS material from nd do u no if the embassy accepts IELTS general
The embassy has no qualms with your IELTS in as much as the school accept it. My unconditional offer from Tastafe was based on my IELTS GT result.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 4:14am On Aug 13, 2013
A12345: The embassy has no qualms with your IELTS in as much as the school accept it. My unconditional offer from Tastafe was based on my IELTS GT result.

I've applied for community service work also but Alex hasn't replied my mail. I've resolved for that since its 2.3years and 22k. its cheaper (for me). how much was calculated for your OSHC?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 5:56am On Aug 13, 2013

Congrats ! Can you remember some of the questions from the writing task 2? Also, how was ur speaking test? Please I'll like some idea or a paraphrase of the writing task 1 and 2 for practice please.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 7:54am On Aug 13, 2013
posdream:

I've applied for community service work also but Alex hasn't replied my mail. I've resolved for that since its 2.3years and 22k. its cheaper (for me). how much was calculated for your OSHC?
Jst relax he will certainly reply your message,he told me OSHC per person z 42 dolls per month,hw abt ETI? I tot u said there tuition fee z cheaper than tastafe?

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.