Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells (34262 Views)

Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily / Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil / Anambra Oil Field Ready For Commissioning Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Navalsadiq(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2012
I HAV ALWAYZ MAINTAINED THE FACT THAT KOGI STATE IS A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR STATE AND THAT WE HAV A PLAYED A VERY SIGNIFICANT ROLE IN CONNECTING THE WHOLE COUNTRY 2GETHER AND WHO'S THAT PERSON THAT IS TRYING TO TAKE WOT DOESN'T BELONG HIM.THE IGBO RACE AND GREED!THUMB KOGITES!
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by 2mch(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2012
Uh oh! grin grin grin.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by ajadosu: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2012
some commentators are not patriotic at all.their comments are fallacy ad hominem.they leave the issue and attacking based on ethnic basis.it's not salubrious omen for our unity.I rather u switch on ur brain b4 putting ur mouth into gear.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Malawian(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2012
I understand that the reservoir might extend into kogi territory, but are any of the wells inside kogi terrotory? KOgi eople should drill their own wells and if the strike oil, go ahead and claim it. How can they fold their hands while anambra was toiling and slaving only to come and lay claims To oil wells in anambra territory simply because the said reservoir extends minimally into their territory. @ All these oily soupers, you want to take oil money from anambra and give to your kinsmen in kogi abi? Igala should relax, igbos like you guys and will settle you guys. No other leaches will be entertained. Anambra is NOT niger-delta. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by MrEverest(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2012
CyberG:

I maintain that because your ibo fathers went to the Mid West to earn their daily bread does not make them SS, that is why ibos are in SE. Who cares if you wear your iboness on your gay ass? And to imagine a loser like you went to the Great Obafemi Awolowo University? In the school named after the great sage? I bet you were just a dummy anyway, and finished with a crappy 5th class? I wonder how they did not rush you and beat you to extinction at one of those congresses in Amphi! ibos are dirty? ibos are cowards? Enlighten us!
Are you for real? Pls go back to high school and be educated. I was busy reading ppls comment with no intention to comment until i saw the above. To enlighten you a bit, Igboland encompass the five SE states, Delta north and half of Rivers including PH, WERE THEY ARE INDEGINOUS unlike Jos and Kwara were Hausa/Fulani settlers are fighting to disposess the indegines of their ancestral land!
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by OneNaira6: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2012
Eko Ile:
Why are you giving them compensation if they don't have rights to it? You are doing so because they not only have right to it, but also because you know they have right to it. Think before tripping all over your own words..

Dude this is not about Lagos, Fashola, ACN, posting pictures of some unimportant bs and screaming "eko baje or whatever it is you call it" and following Igbo thread around shouting "igbo this, Igbo that". Pls stick to what you know best.

They do not have claim over it due to the fact, predominately of the oil is in ANAMBRA STATE. They on the other hand have compensation because A SMALL PORTION came out of their state. Get it now?

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by bigmaut: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2012
When will they announce oil deposits found in benue trough
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by EkoIle1: 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
One_Naira:

Dude this is not about Lagos, Fashola, ACN, posting pictures of some unimportant bs and screaming "eko baje or whatever it is you call it" and following Igbo thread around shouting "igbo this, Igbo that". Pls stick to what you know best.

They do not have claim over it due to the fact, predominately of the oil is in ANAMBRA STATE. They on the other hand have compensation because A SMALL PORTION came out of their state. Get it now?

Is it possible to compensate people for what they don't have any claim to? So why are you compensating them? Is it not because you are using what belongs to them?

Why are all these sons of AGIPA so dumb and stupid?
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Arus235: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2012
I pity my state kogi.why shud d govt of kogi fold her hands,allowing other state to take our resources.infact,am very sad.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by uchman(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
Wats d arguement all abt?u fight n kill urself nobody cares while they r busy njoyin d moni.But kogi r uncivilised! They hv alot of natural resources n if they see dat u want to xplore them u r in trouble.all d same give to ceaser wat belongs to ceaser n Give God wat belongs to him!
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by MrGlobe(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2012
Arus235 :
I pity my state kogi.why shud d govt of kogi fold her hands,allowing other state to take our resources.infact,am very sad.
lol. Look at this dreamer, what are you talking about. which resources. The sad thing is that its the awusa and Yoruba kogites that has dry land throughout are spewing thrash. The only resources you have is the federation account
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by nduchucks: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2012
Time to educate folks.

I'm of the opinion that if Anambra state is declared "an oil producing state" because of the oil blocks which gave rise to Orient Petroleum's refinery, then Kogi and a few other states should be declared "oil producing states" as well with all the accompanying benefits.'

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/641439_opl915-916_jpg7e994fc518720fb5c2c27de521bd0d1e[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/641440_nijeria_jpg9ed866f5f30dcc665099eae2cbc255fc

The first map below shows Orient Petroleums's oil blocks 915 and 916. Now OPL916 is where their refinery is located. The second map shows an old map of Nigeria which shows the location of the refinery (i.e. OPL916)

As we can see from the maps, OPL915 extends to Kogi state.

we can conclusively state that oil block OPL915 covers the following states:Anambra, Kogi, and Enugu while OPL916 covers Anambra, Edo, Delta, Enugu, and Kogi. Declaring Anambra state "Oil Producing" without according the same rights to the aforementioned states is outright cheating by Mr. President and should be vigorously challenged in court.

My Anambra brothers, Nwanne m, see ya in court. cheesy
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Dainfamous: 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol. Look at this dreamer, what are you talking about. which resources. The sad thing is that its the awusa and Yoruba kogites that has dry land throughout are spewing thrash. The only resources you have is the federation account
gbam...
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by nduchucks: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2012
Malawian: I understand that the reservoir might extend into kogi territory, but are any of the wells inside kogi terrotory? KOgi eople should drill their own wells and if the strike oil, go ahead and claim it. How can they fold their hands while anambra was toiling and slaving only to come and lay claims To oil wells in anambra territory simply because the said reservoir extends minimally into their territory. @ All these oily soupers, you want to take oil money from anambra and give to your kinsmen in kogi abi? Igala should relax, igbos like you guys and will settle you guys. No other leaches will be entertained. Anambra is NOT niger-delta. Shikena.

Why are you people spreading lies like this? Sir, when was Anambra toiling and slaving to find oil in the blocks involved? Only Orient Petroleum did any toiling and slaving, Anambra State does not own the oil blocks or the refinery in Anambra.

Do you have an idea where the geophysical location of the reserves are? If you do, kindly share the information, but I'd venture to guess that your statements are based on ignorance. Can you support your statement which implies that the reserves in the oil blocks are located in Anambra, with facts?

If wells are located in Anambra, then the locality may be due some royalties. That's it!! As far as naming Anambra an Oil Producing state without naming Kogi and a few other states the same, the jury is still out on that.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Dainfamous: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2012
Eko Ile:

Is it possible to compensate people for what they don't have any claim to? So why are you compensating them? Is it not because you are using what belongs to them?

but why is it that your people in the west are stealing abia state oil,why going through the back door?eeeehhh no wonder tifimbu want to sit on buhara dickson so that his canine company can steal abians oyel cheesy see ur head,tell him that T.A. ORJI is ready for his ugly a.s.s...........FELA GO SAY,CALL AM CALL MA THIEF THIEF THIEF!CALL AM CALL AM ROBBER ROBBER! i dont blame the poor fela he know his people very well,they love stealing and do owambe with another mans wealth...T.A. ORJI has called tinfumbu NDI BUBU YAH YAH means his is a rascal and a thief He said that nemesis has caught up with them

CHIE MY BELLE GO BUST TODAY grin

MEAN WHILE ENJOY EVIDENCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4rJhGJaz2w
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by OneNaira6: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2012
Eko Ile:

Stick to what you know best and that is posting crap shouting Eko baje or whatever, kissing and sucking fashola yansh and shouting apiga, igbo this. Dude, juat stick to your stupidity. It is not my job to break simple, emphasis on SIMPLE, logic down. I'll try one more time if you still don't get, head back to school.shikena

Break down as easy as i can think of: the oil is predominantly in anambra. Okay are you still with me. A small portion in kogi. Still with me right? During the discovery It was anambra private company did all the drilling. Still with me right? Any sponsor to support the company came from Anambra state governor and indigenous. The kogi state nor other state which included delta, enugu and edo did not help in the discovery, neither did they contribute some wealth during the discovery thus in easy terms. Cannot heap where they did not sow thus compensation. Do you get it now? It's not hard, and you do not need much cognition to grasp it. If you still not getting it, I am not a teacher nor do I have the strength or patience to break simple logic down to a microscopic level just so you can understand it thus if you still don't get it, ask a teacher or someone with the patience.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by PhysicsQED(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2012
ndu_chucks: Time to educate folks.

I'm of the opinion that if Anambra state is declared "an oil producing state" because of the oil blocks which gave rise to Orient Petroleum's refinery, then Kogi and a few other states should be declared "oil producing states" as well with all the accompanying benefits.'

The first map below shows Orient Petroleums's oil blocks 915 and 916. Now OPL916 is where their refinery is located. The second map shows an old map of Nigeria which shows the location of the refinery (i.e. OPL916)

As we can see from the maps, OPL915 extends to Kogi state.

we can conclusively state that oil block OPL915 covers the following states:Anambra, Kogi, and Enugu while OPL916 covers Anambra, Edo, Delta, Enugu, and Kogi. Declaring Anambra state "Oil Producing" without according the same rights to the aforementioned states is outright cheating by Mr. President and should be vigorously challenged in court.

My Anambra brothers, Nwanne m, see ya in court. cheesy

Edo and Delta are already oil producing. That's probably why there has been no uproar from the governments of those two states yet - they already have significant oil elsewhere.

Enugu and Anambra have already had some disputes about the oil though:

https://www.nairaland.com/874190/orient-petroleum-oil-blocks-also
https://www.nairaland.com/896185/enugu-community-igga-owns-oil
https://www.nairaland.com/896522/enugu-anambra-war-over-oil

The Kogi state government has a legitimate concern, but they should go about resolving it without creating too much controversy or animosity.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by EkoIle1: 12:02am On Sep 03, 2012
One_Naira:

Stick to what you know best and that is posting crap shouting Eko baje or whatever, kissing and sucking fashola yansh and shouting apiga, igbo this. Dude, juat stick to your stupidity. It is not my job to break simple, emphasis on SIMPLE, logic down. I'll try one more time if you still don't get, head back to school.shikena

Break down as easy as i can think of: the oil is predominantly in anambra. Okay are you still with me. A small portion in kogi. Still with me right? During the discovery It was anambra private company did all the drilling. Still with me right? Any sponsor to support the company came from Anambra state governor and indigenous. The kogi state nor other state which included delta, enugu and edo did not help in the discovery, neither did they contribute some wealth during the discovery thus in easy terms. Cannot heap where they did not sow thus compensation. Do you get it now? It's not hard, and you do not need much cognition to grasp it. If you still not getting it, I am not a teacher nor do I have the strength or patience to break simple logic down to a microscopic level just so you can understand it thus if you still don't get it, ask a teacher or someone with the patience.

What a dumb I'd.iiot. Even if na one gallon of oil is in kogi, it is still their oil and they have every right to lay claim on it. The oil is not your oil and that's why you are compensating them. You are compensation them for taking what belongs to them you unintelligent dullard. Are you paying them just for fun and for no reason.

Even if as you claim, 99.9% of the oil is in anambra (which is a lie anyway) why grab kogi`s oil? Is your 99.9% not enough for you greedy, money and blood thirsty clowns?

Ode, what did you sow inside kogi land before grabbing their resources? They can even reject your compensation and tell you to get da fcukkkk out and off their land . You really think you have any say about resources on other peoples land? Are you really re..tarded ?

You clowns can slave and dig up all that oil, no problem, just make sure you send kogi their checks every month or get your greedy hands of their oil.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by nduchucks: 1:37am On Sep 03, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Edo and Delta are already oil producing. That's probably why there has been no uproar from the governments of those two states yet - they already have significant oil elsewhere.

Enugu and Anambra have already had some disputes about the oil thought:

https://www.nairaland.com/874190/orient-petroleum-oil-blocks-also
https://www.nairaland.com/896185/enugu-community-igga-owns-oil
https://www.nairaland.com/896522/enugu-anambra-war-over-oil

The Kogi state government has a legitimate concern, but they should go about resolving it without creating too much controversy or animosity.

^^^+100
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by ikeyman00(m): 1:47am On Sep 03, 2012
^^^ what the next hole to pick on?
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Dainfamous: 2:54am On Sep 03, 2012
Eko Ile:

What a dumb I'd.iiot. Even if na one gallon of oil is in kogi, it is still their oil and they have every right to lay claim on it. The oil is not your oil and that's why you are compensating them. You are compensation them for taking what belongs to them you unintelligent dullard. Are you paying them just for fun and for no reason.

Even if as you claim, 99.9% of the oil is in anambra (which is a lie anyway) why grab kogi`s oil? Is your 99.9% not enough for you greedy, money and blood thirsty clowns?

Ode, what did you sow inside kogi land before grabbing their resources? They can even reject your compensation and tell you to get da fcukkkk out and off their land . You really think you have any say about resources on other peoples land? Are you really re..tarded ?

You clowns can slave and dig up all that oil, no problem, just make sure you send kogi their checks every month or get your greedy hands of their oil.
LOCAL CHAMPION YOU WAN TISSUE?
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by waja(m): 4:45am On Sep 03, 2012
Congats to Anambra state.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2012
Anambra my great state i am so happy , atleast i wont be denied of applying of scho;arships anymore, God you are great
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Dainfamous: 11:57am On Sep 03, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS: Anambra my great state i am so happy , atleast i wont be denied of applying of scho;arships anymore, God you are great
soon wealth will increase more in anambra state....
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by ejiyke2007(m): 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2012
Charles.nerd:

Imo is an oil producing state and a member state of NDDC ,however IMO has only marginally producing wells towards the Egbema axis which shares the same boundary with Egbema in Rivers state (actually the same homogenous community divided due to the politics of oil in Nigeria).

My point is,even if the wells in your state are marginal,you would be recognised as an oil producing state.It was this reluctance to include Anambra as an oil producing state,coupled with politically/ethnically driven motives that delayed the exploration of gas and crude at Otuocha basin which has over 50bn cubic feet of proven natural gas reserves and crude.

Brother to put it straight IMO has oil wells towards the Egbema and Oguta,including an onshore oil discovery from the Njaba basin
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by true2god: 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2012
The southeastern part of Nigerian (both present geopolitical SE and SS) is richly blessed with both human and natural resources. This is a fact that the federal govt knows too well, even the whites know this. Its left for them to harness these potemtials for their good, the federal govt is always there to improvish the area in order to develop other parts of the country less endowed. May God help us
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Dainfamous: 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
[b]JAHOHAH, SAY, MY PEOPLE MUST UNITE AND BE ONE! WE TOO BLESS TO BE "STRESS" MY PEOPLE ARE ANOINTED BY GOD.I WILL KEEP PRAISE CONTINUALLY...THE CREATOR OVER MAN KIND,I SEE THE FUTURE LOOKING SO BRIGHT...
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by negedoms: 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
shay ibo people the show say they wise .people we dont count amongs human ,una wan redraw kogi map bcus of oil .una go see wetin igala pple cary una do una go cary una leg run ,come use una mouth regect the oil .wen we finish with una if una see palm oil una go run bastards and slaves
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by negedoms: 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
ibos just seat down relax and watch how we(igalas) will get our oil wells back either by peace or by force .an the way ameka anyioku went about this he will soon cripple that his local refinary with lack of oil .thiefs oil wells that was drilled and cocked by elf they even paid compensation to ibaji ppe b4 drilling
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Dainfamous: 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
negedoms: ibos just seat down relax and watch how we(igalas) will get our oil wells back either by peace or by force .an the way ameka anyioku went about this he will soon cripple that his local refinary with lack of oil .thiefs oil wells that was drilled and cocked by elf they even paid compensation to ibaji ppe b4 drilling
do u have problem from reading?
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Why are you people spreading lies like this? Sir, when was Anambra toiling and slaving to find oil in the blocks involved? Only Orient Petroleum did any toiling and slaving, Anambra State does not own the oil blocks or the refinery in Anambra.

Do you have an idea where the geophysical location of the reserves are? If you do, kindly share the information, but I'd venture to guess that your statements are based on ignorance. Can you support your statement which implies that the reserves in the oil blocks are located in Anambra, with facts?

If wells are located in Anambra, then the locality may be due some royalties. That's it!! As far as naming Anambra an Oil Producing state without naming Kogi and a few other states the same, the jury is still out on that.

oil thief
who stops you from declaring them oil producing states?
you can as well declare all northern states oil producing states
nama
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
i like kogi guys because i have interacted with a few of them
this iiidiot here claiming to speak for igala should be ignored
this thread is crawling with trolls cheesy shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari: University Degrees Won’t Necessarily Usher You Into An El Dorado / Unknown Gunmen Hideout Exposed By Joint Forces In Oba, Anambra / We Will Protect Refineries And Pipelines: Fulani Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.