Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,430 members, 7,850,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells (34264 Views)

Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily / Ex-Governors & Obi Fight Over Anambra Oil / Anambra Oil Field Ready For Commissioning Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by ezeagu(m): 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2012
Let there not be environmental damage like seen in other oil producing areas, because I know Nigerian greed does not care for wildlife and the environment.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by akintun: 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
All dis argument 4 only 20,000 bpd, and only 13% goes to d host community.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by dozern(m): 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
Here are the local govts in Anambra that constituted in that OPL 195/196 and which have the highest crude deposite. Anambra East LG, Ayamelum LG, Anaku LG, Anambra west LG. And all these LG, each has a good number of communities. And its only Aguleri that shares boundry wit Kogi. Then its only in Ibaji LG in Kogi that is included in opl 915/916 as well only uzo uwani LG in Enugu. And these LGs has three communities respectively. Then tell me how Kogi through IDA will say that they own opl 915/916. Infact, only did not purchase the block from the state, it was from Fedral govt. And Orient is not own by any state. It is a private company. And they are ready to carry every community along. And the Chairman is international icon, who would not like to cheat any comm. The issue of Kogi declaring interest is a plot Igga people wants to use to fight Aguleri since they are brothers but crossover to live in Anambra. Anambra has been good to Igala people, that is why ABS created a program for Igala speaking people in Anambra. This program has bn there since i was born. Truth is good IDA

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by IFEDILIEZE(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
afam4eva:
You tell me...if we follow your logic then almost every state in Nigeria will be an oil producing state.
anti-anambra
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Metalgoong(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
hahahahaha . . .

So after the industrious and hardworking Anambrarians have raised the capital and started exploring the oil in their state, some lazy beings suddenly realized that the oil wells are located in their vicinity.

Well, I have this Igbo adage for my Kogi brothers: O ji oso agbakwu ogu amaghi na ogu bu onwu! (He who goes into a fight headlong, doesn't know that fight is death) . . I hope they wont dare aguleri/umuleri millitants!

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by greaterlove(m): 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
CyberG: How come people are already passing judgement and have never seen the actual MAPS of the oil wells? Only one reason: tribalism and selfishness. Why don't you folks wait to see the actual maps? If the map indeed shows any oil in Kogi State, it becomes a joint ownership : 50/50. The refinery in Anambra can make more money because they are adding value to the raw material: crude. This is one more reason why this country CANNOT break without the US/UK/etc based Nigerians losing virtually all their family in a stupid war they fuelled with useless internet talk. The sooner Nigerians begin to see everything for the benefit of all, that is the day our problems begin to get a solution. If any part of Nigeria think they have the monopoly of violence, well remember that is a fallacy. No doubt, the next few days will bring more information for us to make better conclusions.
You and dozern made the best comment on this topic. The first thing I think someone with brains should do is get the map of the area study it and also study the position of the wells. If some are in kogi then the people of kogi need to be involved in the process.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by ezeagu(m): 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2012
Metalgoong: hahahahaha . . .

So after the industrious and hardworking Anambrarians have raised the capital and started exploring the oil in their state, some lazy beings suddenly realized that the oil wells are located in their vicinity.

Well, I have this Igbo adage for my Kogi brothers: O ji oso agbakwu ogu amaghi na ogu bu onwu! (He who goes into a fight headlong, doesn't know that fight is death) . . I hope they wont dare aguleri/umuleri millitants!

I even forgot this was Aguleri people they were talking about!

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Clemzy16(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
No doubt the oil was found with majority in anambra state, but the fact still remains that kogi and enugu state should still have a share of the "money." in quote. Afterall, it also cut across their land.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by nagoma(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
So Anambra wants to steal Kogi oil? Theft is in their genes.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Teextoo(m): 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
I just hope they settle the issue amicably cos I want peace in my state in order to exploit the business opportunities available and if it comes to gun play and war; Aguleri and Umuleri communities are cold, tested and trusted. Funny how crude oil always get discovered in warlike communities.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Dainfamous: 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
They want steal am?Daily trust are northern newspaper that paper always write against SS/SE yesterday they said Jonathan was in anambra to commission anambra seaport,and that was it,while other newspaper talked about sab-miller,orange drugs etc.They are so fake is unbelievable...they should be happy for petrol storage anambra is building in their state and they should not even try to do macho to those anambra militants cuz those boys will use kogi people brush teeth...

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by bashr8: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2012
i thought we discussed this before with map , besides the part of kogi they are talking about are igalas ,you cant even tell te difference between them and igbo and some igalas are from anambra too , my point is this is between orient refinery and the concerned party and not anambra/igbo vs kogi , anambra only have shares in the the refinery just as soo many other companies and individuals do.

if you look at the map just like the orient chairman said most of the wells are in anambra but also overlap enugu and kogi and they have plans to compensate those states, pls my igbo and igala people dont let mischif makers use this to create enemity between both of you and for people talking about fighting dont forget there are igala people in anambra and igbo people in kogi and i mean indigens.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
So,my state have oil and Anambara wan steal am.Time 2 organise a millitant group call,movement 4 fucking greedy ppl ass.It's our time and we want our share.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by abdulkayus(m): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
A 9ja delta frnd has ever told me dat Oil is lyk a curse to some area cos d oil are usually found btw 2 community or tribe and dat usually lead to problem btw d community. BTW, Anambra and Kogi shld find a way of resolvin dis issue cos we dont wan any militancy in middle belt. And dos beatin chest dat Aguleri ppl are bla bla bla, dey shld nt 4get dat no body has d monopoly of violence.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by MrGlobe(m): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: So,my state have oil and Anambara wan steal am.Time 2 organise a millitant group call,movement 4 fucking greedy ppl ass.It's our time and we want our share.
your state does not have oil. You have cattles
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by yohannazack(m): 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
Aside oil, kogi state is one of the richest states in the country, considerin the large deposit of mineral resources that abund over there. Yet, they dont care to turn them into wealth. Nevertheless, give to caeser wat belongs to him and to God wat belongs to Him. If truly kogi deserves to benefit frm the oil, pls, anambrians, dont be greedy. Fo the sake peaceful co-existence.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Callimo(m): 8:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chanchit: I tnk God for Anambra state o, but don't cheat ur neighbor, give them their share.... Don't be greedy.

Sounds like monkey talk

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Revolva(m): 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
Metalgoong: hahahahaha . . .

See ur life na war you want between two communities which have been friends --you. Think say igala people month fit fight --or wat na only una get power
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Usokristi: 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
Hm! GEJ must act very fast 2 avert bloodshed I hate 2see blood flowing
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by obailala(m): 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
I think the map says it all. ,

For OPL 915 & 916 combined, I don't know how they do the maths in things like these but in my eyes, 70% falls in Anambra, 15% in kogi, 5% in Delta, 7% in Enugu, 3% in Edo

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by yohannazack(m): 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
Everybody is shoutin oil, wat has the abundant oil done or add to ur life? This oil may end up addin more sorrows to your lives. How many people hav died becus of oil in niger delta? This oil thin has becom a centre of controversy in nigeria. This oil thin has made nigerians lazy and the most corrupt people in the whole world. This oil this has made true/physical federalism imposible. Frm north to south, east to west, all depend on oil money. Lets not foget that oil wunt continue to the most essential commodity in the world. We shuld also knw that, many african countries are producin oil now. Oil has becom old fashion in the world economy, thats why it doesnt appreciate that much any longer compared gold in the world market. Thats why developed nations hav startd manufacturin vehicles dat wunt use petrol, belivin that oil wil dry up maybe in the next 50 years. The era of oil has passt, lets think of somtin else. And stop fightin each other over wat 2 or few persons can embezzle the whole money and notin wil hapend.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by pannyman(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2012
HiiiPower: the oil wells in both kogi and anambra
are on igals land. I still don't know why
igbos are celebrating.

You are spot on. Many communities on the Anambra side are actually Igala-speaking, but only a handful of Anambra Ibos know that they have non-Ibos who are indigenous to their state.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by ikeyman00(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
^^^^^ case closed!
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by Dainfamous: 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
pannyman:

You are spot on. Many communities on the Anambra side are actually Igala-speaking, but only a handful of Anambra Ibos know that they have non-Ibos who are indigenous to their state.
you are right!!!
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by kaeto(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
Revolva:
Look at this idiot I am an igala and infact from ibaji gan gan and am happy for both anambra and kogi and the communities that will enjoy this -- and you here hatin fool greedy asshole callin and igalaman almajiri --ignorance -blinded by tribalism-dont you know we in ibaji share comon tradition with anamnbra igbos - we r your brother stop being greedy - anumanu
I consider your thought very reasonable and diplomatic as well, the chairman of Orient has said it all that Kogi will get their piece of the action, but I advice the both states should thread cautiously, the approach of the Kogi govt is quite dissapointing as he was supposed to be at the commissioning of the event in Anambra state. Just this year we read how the Kogi people and govt gave vast acres of land to the igbos to develope, such gesture indicates brotherliness not the way some people are going about it. Kogi should be happy at the guts of the igbos who brought the resource to life. Not only Kogi, Enugu state laid claim to the blocks too,but experts say 78% of the blocks are in anambara while the rest in ondo,delta,kogi and Enugu states. Peace

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by kaeto(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
Revolva:
Look at this idiot I am an igala and infact from ibaji gan gan and am happy for both anambra and kogi and the communities that will enjoy this -- and you here hatin fool greedy asshole callin and igalaman almajiri --ignorance -blinded by tribalism-dont you know we in ibaji share comon tradition with anamnbra igbos - we r your brother stop being greedy - anumanu
I consider your thought very reasonable and diplomatic as well, the chairman of Orient has said it all that Kogi will get their piece of the action, but I advice the both states should thread cautiously, the approach of the Kogi govt is quite dissapointing as he was supposed to be at the commissioning of the event in Anambra state. Just this year we read how the Kogi people and govt gave vast acres of land to the igbos to develope, such gesture indicates brotherliness not the way some people are going about it. Kogi should be happy at the guts of the igbos who brought the resource to life. Not only Kogi, Enugu state laid claim to the blocks too,but experts say 78% of the blocks are in anambara while the rest in ondo,delta,kogi and Enugu states. Peace
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by EzeUche(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
Oyel! Oyel! Oyel! That is all we hear.
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by redsquare(m): 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
Anambra don discover oyel Ibaji people of Kogi come dey talk say dem dey related to Anambra Igbos. LWKMD, Nigerians will never cease to amaze me. If it was a crime an Igbo man committed, you guys will be the first to mock Igbos and disassociate any affiliation with the Igbos. Listen dudes, we aint one and we will NEVER be. We see you Kogites as Abokis/Almajiris. If you like, call yourselves Igala,Igbirra,Junkun or whatever, there is no difference between you and the fulani herdsmen. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by ikeyman00(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
ara na agba ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by EzeUche(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
General Chino where are you?

Do you want your fellow Igbos support after you insulted our states?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by kaeto(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
Acidosis:

and what else could you be made of other than greediness that would eventually lead you to destruction.
one thing you should know is that, kogites don't talk too much. we act!! !!
don't be petty here, the chairman of orient has said it all, Kogi will have her due share. But you old men are here hating and nagging without asking yourselves what is in the oil deal for you, what will be your benefit even as you spend your bandwits. SMH!
Re: Kogi Claims Ownership Of Anambra's Oil Wells by ozodimgba(m): 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
Instead of making noise why not the government of Kogi sue that of Anambra? We are all awear of the case between Akwa Ibom state and Cross River or even in the case between Nig and Cameroun over ownernship of the oil rich Bakassi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Saraki, Oshiomhole Raise Alarm Over Alleged Plot To Destabilise Nigeria / Buhari Ministerial List: Reno Reacts To The Inclusion Of Keyamo & Timipre Sylva / Unknown Gunmen Hideout Exposed By Joint Forces In Oba, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.