Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Comments/complaints/suggestions - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Comments/complaints/suggestions (143869 Views)

Pls Help Me With Suggestions On This Nissan Xterra Transmission Issue / Manual Transmission : Issues & Comments / Make Comments On The New License Plate Number By Frsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 18, 2014
oshytayman: I just bought my pencil light Camry not quite long ago, but I discovered the full light indicator on the dashboard(BLUE) is always on, even after parking. It has run down the car battery. What do u think is wrong? I don't want these local 'rewires' to tamper with my ride. Thanks.
please, reply. Tnx
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 21, 2014
Pls how much will it cost me to buy a very neat toks toyota camry 1999 model V6 with full options in lagos precisely bergerand what are the things i need to get in d car so Tђª† wen coming to benin,i will nt be disturbed by police or customs on the way
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by segzy37: 7:03am On Aug 02, 2014
Hello Everyone,
Happy new month to us all, I wish to share the present problem I am facing with my FX35 infinity, I have traveled for over 2 months and I have my car parked, I tried driving about 10 miles upon my arrival and behold i discovered the high temperature, because that happened on the high way, I turned off the Air condition and the temperature went down I was about to get to my destination when the SUV stopped, I tried to open the bonnet and behold i saw a white substance all over my engine which signifies the gear oil has mixed with the radiator, now my question is, does this mix up affects the gear oil and requires a complete change and flush of the gear oil section as I know the radiator needs a complete change in such situation. Thanks my brothers and sisters for your contribution as you give a suggestion on this post of mine
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by aifyj: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
how and where can I get old American Cars?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by ogene007: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2014
I have a 2009 Toyota highlander showing the 'check' and 'slip indicator' warning light with the vehicle unable to move properly.Any suggestions on solving this problem. Your assistance is highly appreciated.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 16, 2014
ogene007: I have a 2009 Toyota highlander showing the 'check' and 'slip indicator' warning light with the vehicle unable to move properly.Any suggestions on solving this problem. Your assistance is highly appreciated.
Create a thread for that or search for Toyota thread and post your complains.
Thanks.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Emmans1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
I would love to become an auto mechanic. How can I go about it? I need your help.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by plessure: 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
Good day house.Pls i need to know ao many liters of gear oil does one need when servicing hond bulldog.My brother just game his used car but i need to service be4 using.the mechanic was telling me i should buy five container of gear oil to replace d one on it.pls ao true is it?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hmmm first time of coming to dis section, everyone is discussing cars. Jeez
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
rozzay: Hmmm first time of coming to dis section, everyone is discussing cars. Jeez
Rozzay, you're welcome to this section. Do come more frequently and you'll learn something amazing and who knows if you'll become a car enthusiast!
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
lomomike:
Rozzay, you're welcome to this section. Do come more frequently and you'll learn something amazing and who knows if you'll become a car enthusiast!
Hmmm also my first time of chatting wit an MOD. Nice, alredy tired of romance section guess ill take ur advise den. Thank u
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by ebpius1(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
my camry 2000 cranks but can not start. my mechanc;
1.checked for d timing belt its ok.
2. check the fuel distribution its ok
3. ask i suld buy a new brainbox i did, but it is still not
working.
4. now i got a rewire tat has a car scanner. he confirmrd my
first brainbox does not communicate.
5. he's checkin for more problem, he suspect the sensor. - i
av spent SO MUCH ON THIS. Pls help
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Dsaintozo(m): 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi guys, i have got developed somuch intrigues for Nissan NV350, but don't know it cost. Could you guys help to my knowledge its market price pls. Many tanx.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by klodike(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
Gurus in the house please i need clarification. On a vehicle, the manufacturers pressure for the tires are 32psi/ 220kpa. But a volcaniser said it's equivalent to 40. Pls which units do they use, an is it equivalent Thanks, anticipating your response.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
klodike:
Gurus in the house please i need clarification. On a vehicle, the manufacturers pressure for the tires are 32psi/ 220kpa. But a volcaniser said it's equivalent to 40. Pls which units do they use, an is it equivalent Thanks, anticipating your response.

Stick to your manufacturers pressure specification. Better still, buy a good portable gauge so that when the 'forknaisa' pump 40 you'll get home and drop the pressure to 30psi.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by klodike(m): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
Owk sir thankyou
lomomike:

Stick to your manufacturers pressure specification. Better still, buy a good portable gauge so that when the 'forknaisa' pump 40 you'll get home and drop the pressure to 30psi.

1 Like

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by christopher123(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
Pls house

I just changes my air glow meter my ride drinking fuel like a thirsty camel

Help me out

Mechanics sucks here in Lagos

A Nissan ex saloon
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by moscobabs(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
I bought a Nissan Quest as tokunboh from America in May, I change the engine fan to direct,It has been working well but yesterday the motor was overheating...pls what else can I do.Thanks
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
moscobabs:
I bought a Nissan Quest as tokunboh from America in May, I change the engine fan to direct,It has been working well but yesterday the motor was overheating...pls what else can I do.Thanks

Congrats for your tokunbo car.
No offence bro but you are ignorant hope you know that.
I pity that car soon on its way to the grave.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by moscobabs(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

Congrats for your tokunbo car.
No offence bro but you are ignorant hope you know that.
I pity that car soon on its way to the grave.
thank you the knowledgeable guy but is that the solution?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
moscobabs:

thank you the knowledgeable guy but is that the solution?
Read your Owner's manual. That's where the knowledge lies.
Its a wrong practice to remove your thermostat and alter your radiator fan in any manner other than the way the manufacturers made it. Continuous running of fan cools the engine. This in cool temperature triggers sensors to tell the ECU that your engine isn't warm enough to the optimal temperature. The ECU then tells the fuel unit to pump in more fuel to the engine and burn more rapidly. This creates a misjudgment between various systems in your Engine and car, makes your car engine over work itself, thus consuming more fuel in a bid to make the engine attain the optimal running temperature. This overtime causes engine wear and damages the engine before you know it.

Gazzuzz abeg come help this guy.

1 Like

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:55pm On Oct 27, 2014
moscobabs:

Leaking coolant hoses, check for coolant in engine oil and vice versa, this could indicate a faulty head gasket check that fan is running in the right direction, (in case you recently did some wiring work) if you have run the engine dry (without coolant) of recent it is possible you have already damaged the head gasket, or the head (top cylinder) consider replacing the engine if that has happened.

1 Like

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by moscobabs(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

Read your Owner's manual. That's where the knowledge lies.
Its a wrong practice to remove your thermostat and alter your radiator fan in any manner other than the way the manufacturers made it. Continuous running of fan cools the engine. This in cool temperature triggers sensors to tell the ECU that your engine isn't warm enough to the optimal temperature. The ECU then tells the fuel unit to pump in more fuel to the engine and burn more rapidly. This creates a misjudgment between various systems in your Engine and car, makes your car engine over work itself, thus consuming more fuel in a bid to make the engine attain the optimal running temperature. This overtime causes engine wear and damages the engine before you know it.

Gazzuzz abeg come help this guy.
thank you sir,this is my first car and I knw nothing about car part.I read the manual times without number but to be sincere I don't understand any of the language maybe cos im an accountant is not funny ooo.Engrs are trying!!!
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by moscobabs(m): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Leaking coolant hoses, check for coolant in engine oil and vice versa, this could indicate a faulty head gasket check that fan is running in the right direction, (in case you recently did some wiring work) if you have run the engine dry (without coolant) of recent it is possible you have already damaged the head gasket, or the head (top cylinder) consider replacing the engine if that has happened.
Thank you sir,my mechanic just call me that the rewire says that the radiator cover is leaking this leads to the radiator water to go back to the reservoir,he said the would empty the radiator and it will start overheating and also The thermostat is bad that I need to replace it.

Don't know if this is the cause sir??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

LIST OF GOOD AUTO WORKSHOPS IN NIGERIA / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Range Rover Sports Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.