Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Comments/complaints/suggestions - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Comments/complaints/suggestions (143835 Views)

Pls Help Me With Suggestions On This Nissan Xterra Transmission Issue / Manual Transmission : Issues & Comments / Make Comments On The New License Plate Number By Frsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
I just left a thread ( Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen?), and I must really speak against the manner of speech of lomomike(?) Although I didn't see what the poster wrote, all the same, this kind of comment, especially from a moderator is distasteful. This is what power does to people. smh. Nairaland needs your help, but you could have been less crude. I don't know you, but I hope you refrain from issuing such crude threats, no matter what, in future. Your comment(s) and that of ikenna351(?) killed the fun of that thread.

Cheers.

Seems like you don't want to cooperate. Go contrary to that humble plea I posted and earn a ban from me.
MOD

lomomike:
Are you done insulting if you haven't pls continue oh!...lest I
forget one more thing, post anything that's not related to
cartalk here and get a ban from me. Try it, just try it and see
me in action.

https://www.nairaland.com/1534061/funny-things-written-cars-buses/1

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Ikenna351(m): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
olu_kenzo :
I just left a thread ( Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen?), and I must really speak against the manner of speech of lomomike(?) Although I didn't see what the poster wrote, all the same, this kind of comment, especially from a moderator is distasteful. This is what power does to people. smh. Nairaland needs your help, but you could have been less crude. I don't know you, but I hope you refrain from issuing such crude threats, no matter what, in future. Your comment(s) and that of ikenna351(?) killed the fun of that thread.

Cheers.

If you are expecting anyone to lick your feet and pet with sweet words not to break the forum rules that are listed before your very eyes while composing a post or starting a topic, then, sorry, you are in a wrong section. Besides, You didnt see the content of the posts hidden before those statements from moderators. So you dont expect the moderators to keep begging a troublemaker to stop breaking the rules.

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ikenna351:

If you are expecting anyone to lick your feet and pet with sweet words not to break the forum rules that are listed before your very eyes while composing a post or starting a topic, then, sorry, you are in a wrong section. Besides, You didnt see the content of the posts hidden before those statements from moderators. So you dont expect the moderators to keep begging a troublemaker to stop breaking the rules.

Hide his post(s), send him a PM, by all means ban him. But don't issue threats, especially in that manner you guys did it, c'mon. We see what is obtainable on other forums. Point is, leave our dear threads clean of such crude threats, it gives the air of impunity.

Wish you all the very best in carrying out your duties.

PS: If ever sth like that has to happen, ever, please do the needful-- clean up. PR matters a lot too you know.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Ikenna351(m): 12:35am On Nov 29, 2013
olu_kenzo :

Hide his post(s), send him a PM, by all means ban him. But don't issue threats, especially in that manner you guys did it, c'mon. We see what is obtainable on other forums. Point is, leave our dear threads clean of such crude threats, it gives the air of impunity.

Wish you all the very best in carrying out your duties.

PS: If ever sth like that has to happen, ever, please do the needful-- clean up. PR matters a lot too you know.

Am trying to have a nice conversation with you, but it appears am wasting my time, because i do not know why you would use the word "threat " here.

You hide an unwanted/unrelated post or topic as a warning, the member that broke the rule would come back and insult you for hiding his/her post. You post a warning that if he/she breaks the same rule again, it would earn him a ban. The member comes back and accuse you of threatening him with a ban. You ban the member, some members would call you all sorts of derogatory names.

I dont go about sending love letters, in the name of PM, to troublemakers not to break the forum rules they see each time they are about to compose posts or create topics. I don't keep the forum rules because am a moderator, but because i agreed on it the day i registered my only username in Nairaland. You can check my ban log to know how times i have been banned, including before i became a moderator. If i find the rules uncomfortable to abide, i will simply walk away.

By the way, if you could see a warning and call it a threat, then i have nothing else to say to you on this matter.

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by diehard(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Mod,

I have notice people advertising cars on this section when there is an auto section to do that. Or have the rules changed and i didn't know?!
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
diehard: Mod,

I have notice people advertising cars on this section when there is an auto section to do that. Or have the rules changed and i didn't know?!
The rules hasn't changed. We are looking into the issue of car adverts in cartalk and we are also trying to address this issue.

Thanks for the observation
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ikenna351:

Am trying to have a nice conversation with you, but it appears am wasting my time, because i do not know why you would use the word "threat " here.

You hide an unwanted/unrelated post or topic as a warning, the member that broke the rule would come back and insult you for hiding his/her post. You post a warning that if he/she breaks the same rule again, it would earn him a ban. The member comes back and accuse you of threatening him with a ban. You ban the member, some members would call you all sorts of derogatory names.

I dont go about sending love letters, in the name of PM, to troublemakers not to break the forum rules they see each time they are about to compose posts or create topics. I don't keep the forum rules because am a moderator, but because i agreed on it the day i registered my only username in Nairaland. You can check my ban log to know how times i have been banned, including before i became a moderator. If i find the rules uncomfortable to abide, i will simply walk away.

By the way, if you could see a warning and call it a threat, then i have nothing else to say to you on this matter.

I am tired of the back and forth. I believe my point is made. I wish you all the best in doing this commendable job with humility.

Nairaland user
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
I would like to know why this user 'lostboi' was banned. I made a comment on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1534061/funny-things-written-cars-buses and was unjustly banned. Is this how mods behave on this thread? The moderator lomomike was very rude and I think humility is one of the qualities a good leader should have. Anyway, I would like to know why I was banned. Just sending this with a friend's acct.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by infonubia(m): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mods, could you please move this post to the General thread. Though the title make it seem like a post about cars, it really isn't. Thanks!

https://www.nairaland.com/1535030/lost-car-keys
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by aburadule: 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
hi, i hav problem with the brain box of my toyota camry 1996 model with v6 engine. the ECU of the old brain box is 89661-33160. please help me whether brain box with ECU 89661-33320 can work because the car dealer is asking me to use it and the car is still smoking.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by ziccoit: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
@Ikenna, why don't we have a dedicated thread for Aftermarket car radio installation and car stereo upgrade on cartalk? I am of opinion that DIY should not be only about mechanical but should be extended to car audio system too. Kindly let us consider this and make it a reality.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Ikenna351(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
ziccoit: @Ikenna, why don't we have a dedicated thread for Aftermarket car radio installation and car stereo upgrade on cartalk? I am of opinion that DIY should not be only about mechanical but should be extended to car audio system too. Kindly let us consider this and make it a reality.

If you can help us start one, that would be nice.

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 07, 2013
i know this might not be a frontpage material but to those of us having the problem come and learn
How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c

https://www.nairaland.com/1545371/how-send-p.mquotemake-bold-e.t.c
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by yungboss(m): 10:18am On Dec 09, 2013
Dear Mods,
please why do we still have subscribers posting adverts on car talk section and nothing is done about it?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by princemedico: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2013
Dear mods,
For a minute, I thought the auto section have been infused into cartalk but when I checked it was on it's own. Pls, do something about these sales topics here.
Thanks.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by buyAride: 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
What is anyone's take in this?
https://www.nairaland.com/1226678/triple-a-auto-auctions-ltd-adeosun/46#20243031

Please, if it is the wrong section to post, let me know.
Complains/Suggestions/Comments seems appropriate but l may be wrong.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by yungboss(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2013
lomomike:
The rules hasn't changed. We are looking into the issue of car adverts in cartalk and we are also trying to address this issue.

Thanks for the observation
lomomike, how long does it take to 'clean' a thread, you are 'looking' into the issue, is 'looking' a prepared laboratory process?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by leo1234(m): 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Please what exactly do people call indomie in a car.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Leo1234, pls post your comment here www.nairaland.com/1355876/car-talk-chat-room/5

Thanks for complying.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
yungboss:
lomomike, how long does it take to 'clean' a thread, you are 'looking' into the issue, is 'looking' a prepared laboratory process?
Yungboss, the thread is clean now. Pls if you find any stray thread, inform me.
Thanks for your cooperation
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by tonychristopher: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
pls they said my water pump is bad cos its leaking and temperature always high

what is the cause of this ....pls help ...its a Nissan
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by jendy36(m): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dear moderator, I see this post yo worth front page : https://www.nairaland.com/1817169/each-ac-car-user-must

Thanks
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 18, 2014
I just bought my pencil light Camry not quite long ago, but I discovered the full light indicator on the dashboard(BLUE) is always on, even after parking. It has run down the car battery. What do u think is wrong? I don't want these local 'rewires' to tamper with my ride. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

LIST OF GOOD AUTO WORKSHOPS IN NIGERIA / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Range Rover Sports Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.