Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,923 members, 7,956,466 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

Comments/complaints/suggestions - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Comments/complaints/suggestions (145166 Views)

Pls Help Me With Suggestions On This Nissan Xterra Transmission Issue / Manual Transmission : Issues & Comments / Make Comments On The New License Plate Number By Frsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
moscobabs:

thank you sir,this is my first car and I knw nothing about car part.I read the manual times without number but to be sincere I don't understand any of the language maybe cos im an accountant is not funny ooo.Engrs are trying!!!

I'm not an Engineer either, I'm an Urban and regional planner. It needs commitment, zeal and dedication to do somethings such as car maintenance.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2014
moscobabs:

Thank you sir,my mechanic just call me that the rewire says that the radiator cover is leaking this leads to the radiator water to go back to the reservoir,he said the would empty the radiator and it will start overheating and also The thermostat is bad that I need to replace it.

Don't know if this is the cause sir??

Coolant leak. Fix it overheating solved.

I prefer not to talk about your thermostat.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Oga why na?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
lomomike:

Oga why na?

I don taya to de talk am. Make him search cartalk.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by moscobabs(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

pls talk sir.....this will help me ,cos the mechanic demanded a huge sum of money to replace the thermostat
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by moscobabs(m): 8:47am On Oct 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

I don taya to de talk am. Make him search cartalk.
sir,pls
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2014
moscobabs:

pls talk sir.....this will help me ,cos the mechanic demanded a huge sum of money to replace the thermostat

read about thermostats. https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars

a brand new thermostat should not be more than 5k and tokumbor 1-2k (considering its always thrown out)

1 Like

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by IdaraCHODB(m): 1:36am On Nov 09, 2014
http://www.carthrottle.com/this-russian-ferrari-458-owner-went-ballistic-after-a-redlight-running-vaz-driver-caused-him-to-crash/

Can you imagine the insult? Vaz destroys a Ferrari, why did he run when the Ferrari driver came for him? I wonder oooo!
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by AsSabirin(m): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2014
Hi guys.
So here's the story, the timing belt of my car recently cut while I was driving and that cost me some buk, my mechanic said all the valves were broken and I had to change the top of the engine. Which he charged me 40k.
Two days later the engine knock, engine oil was alright, everything one could think of fine. He gave me this rooster n bull story about the radiator leak, if that was the case surely I would have seen it on the temperature guage.

Anyways now I have to buy a new engine and he says it cost 100k. Please nairalanders is this the cost and how do I know a good engine. Thanks.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 09, 2014
AsSabirin:
Hi guys.
So here's the story, the timing belt of my car recently cut while I was driving and that cost me some buk, my mechanic said all the valves were broken and I had to change the top of the engine. Which he charged me 40k.
Two days later the engine knock, engine oil was alright, everything one could think of fine. He gave me this rooster n bull story about the radiator leak, if that was the case surely I would have seen it on the temperature guage.

Anyways now I have to buy a new engine and he says it cost 100k. Please nairalanders is this the cost and how do I know a good engine. Thanks.

Most toyota brand engine using timing belt recommend timing belt replacement at 80,000 mile. And subsequent changes are 60,000mile if you're pulleys aren't in good condition, they're supposed to be changed.

You didn't mention your engine type your car make, model and year of manufacture so we don't know how to go about proving if your mechanic is right or wrong with his price.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by AsSabirin(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2014
Sorry. I forgot to mention the car. It's a Peugeot 307. Thanks
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2014
AsSabirin:
Sorry. I forgot to mention the car. It's a Peugeot 307. Thanks

Visit this post and make your issue known. They are the best bet for your challenge.
Here is the post: www.nairaland.com/1003701/lions-den-cars-attitude/58

Also read through all the thread and feel free to ask questions about your peugeot there.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by ChynoBEATS: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
angry undecided Come Come. Come, won't you Mod's create a logistics section ??.... Ya'll pissing me off here tho....... I need a Review on abc cargo n I can't find any .....gee's this NL of a place is beginning to piss me off angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 25, 2014
ChynoBEATS:
angry undecided Come Come. Come, won't you
Mod's create a logistics section ??.... Ya'll pissing me off here
tho....... I need a Review on abc cargo n I can't find any .....gee's
this NL of a place is beginning to piss me off angry angry angry
angry angry

what stops you from creating a thread to that effect in travels section?
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by ChynoBEATS: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
lomomike:

what stops you from creating a thread to that effect in travels section?
hmm Ðats t®u dude..... cheesy .....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…mmmmmmmmmmmmmm…m.....okay den.... I guess ama hv 2 start One then................ Travel section??.... Hmm... Okay ..... Tnks dude.... U'a sure niqqar
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
Stop trolling and spamming thread or else you'll get a ban. Your 1st thread is there and still active. Stay in that thread.
Unionised:
https://www.nairaland.com/2028403/service-pack-rav4-2002-model#28592969

Please help proffer solutions to my car
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Unionised(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
lomomike:
Stop trolling and spamming thread or else you'll get a ban. Your 1st thread is there and still active. Stay in that thread.

Trying to get attention boss.
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by shystranger(f): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2014
Hi Everyone
I'm interested in buying a mini suv and these are my options.
Lexus Rx 300 1999
Rav4 2001
Rav4 1999
Pls i'd need your sincere advice in oda to make the right choice.
Thanks!
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by adeoladele(m): 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
My Toyota Camry 1998 rear speaker stopped working. Please advice
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by samuelegbiyelo: 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Please I need urgent advise. I use 2001 Buick Century by general motors.

I want to ask if I can use SeaHorse Dexron III D for the replacement of my transmission fluid.

Will appreciate your response.

Thanks
Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 20, 2014
samuelegbiyelo:
Hi Everyone,

Please I need urgent advise. I use 2001 Buick Century by general motors.

I want to ask if I can use SeaHorse Dexron III D for the replacement of my transmission fluid.

Will appreciate your response.

Thanks

Read your car owners manual, its stated there what type of transmission fluid is good for your car.

1 Like

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by samuelegbiyelo: 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
Thanks, I got it fixed today and my car has returned back to normal.

lomomike:

Read your car owners manual, its stated there what type of transmission fluid is good for your car.

1 Like

Re: Comments/complaints/suggestions by milestonejnr(m): 4:53am On Dec 22, 2014
What's this thread all about please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

LIST OF GOOD AUTO WORKSHOPS IN NIGERIA / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.