Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,992 members, 7,859,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:35 PM

Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention (14688 Views)

Labaran Maku Emerges As New APGA National Secretary At Party Convention / Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC / Tinubu, Fayemi, Ikuforiji & Alake At Democratic Party Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by abuabdulhaqq(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
ndu_chucks: Na wa o. No other Nigerian was given a gold card invitation. We are watching.

tinubu is number 1 political leader in Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by ZeusI: 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
ACM10: Choi
American embassy must be questioned on this degrading audience granted to Tinubu. Is OBJ still LAUGHING?;(;(
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Dainfamous: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa yoruba people self

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
Keep on with the hatred and envy...it's good for your body grin
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Dainfamous: 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
ACM10:

Na wa for u o grin
Why burst some people's bubble so soon? I must say that when it comes to the issue of Tinubu and some Yoruba leaders(both past and present), some folks in the western part of the country thinks from their anus. I was just following this thread with amusement as some folks try to spin this news which can be easily ignored. Anyone that gets invited to the event is an American citizen. Moreover, invitees must arrange for the travel and accomodation logistics. Democratic Convention does not sponsor anyone. So what's the fuss? I'm amazed that the so-called NL intellectuals will compose a boring lengthy epistle on this topic. Well I'm not surprised! These are the sorts of response that you'll get from folk riddled with inferiority complex disease. Sorry for interrupting you guys. You can continue with your ego trip.
what else can i add to this articulated words grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by dammytosh: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
Delafruita:
"President Obama will accept the nomination at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.It'll be the most open convention in history, and thousands of people will be there in the crowd from all 50 states — one of them could be you.Let us know you want to join the President at the Convention — we'll be in touch with more information about getting your credential."

did you miss the part about "from all the 50 states"?is tinubu an american?

Did you see American Citizen only or residents of American only ? Tell me Tinubu does not have an apartment in America. If you believe that Gold Card thing, then you can believe anything.

Don't get it mixed up, My point is that nobody gave Tinubu any NONSENSE GOLD CARD as Card is not needed to be at the convention and he is not addressing any congress. So tear the false newspaper you are carrying about.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Dainfamous: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
musiwa6: not in nigeria..

yoruba have a high standard for leadership... awo , even awo own child was not acceptable to them because of standard.

i dont want to tell you about myself... referendum at the united nation is what is best for the western niger people.. even if both acn and pdp dont want it., look i am telling.. i musiwa by his grace will make my people vote against them and the referendum at the united nation will pass by 90%. if it fails to pass by 90% i give Obama and the world. my head that they should cut it off on live CNN. if you doubt it. You can ask tinubu to campaign that No we most remain in Nigeria and I campaign for the Yes we most leave nigeria. If I get less than 90% vote against tinubu... and tinubu pick 10%.. I give the USA govt the right to cut off my head on live CNN. if I get less than 90% yes vote.. they should cut off my head..
Time for your medication sir sad

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by dammytosh: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
abu abdul haqq: tinubu is number 1 political leader in Nigeria

That is exactly what his media empire want you to believe and start thinking that he is more relevant apart from being an ACN member. The truth is that nobody was given any GOLD Card in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by anonimi: 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
New crescent:
Accepted also, by those who don't fool themselves, is the fact that Tinubu is a 'man of ideas' while the political ruminations of most of our cretinous leaders consist of [size=14pt]running to Abuja for allocation. Tinubu is an advocate of States increasing their IGR and relying less on the centre for developmental cash.[/size] He championed the usage of PPP (public private partnership) as a way to develop society using private sector cash. He introduced bond issuance as a way for States to raise funds at a stage other neanderthals laughed because their minds limited them to seeing Abuja as the only source of cash.

I'm a keen follower of events as regards this subject-matter. Tinubu is not a saint but being human. I remember vividly how he got involved in virtually every development strides in the state. All new innovations into governance was introduced during his regime: PPP, Government bond, re-appraising govt every 100days, Lagos Mega city plan, BRT.

Why are you deluding yourself like an illiterate
Have the six states controlled by ACN STOPPED running to Abuja like almajiris with begging bowls every month for their federal allocation from the revenues collected for Niger Delta oil
Was it not your Tinubu who fought OBJoke for reducing his [size=14pt]federal allocation feeding bottle[/size] due to un-constitutional LG creation

[img=http://www.beaba.com/images/produits/visuels/410x410/Biberon_fleur_sansBPA.jpg]Feeding Bottles[/img]

If he is serious about relying less on federal allocation and the true fiscal federalism that existed pre-1966 military coup he should ask the over 25% ACN legisLOOTERs who are loafing in the NASS to ensure this is part of the on-going constitution amendment. Clear enough

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by revomind(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
Sam Milla:

That wont be difficult. Just have a monkey in mind and you will find him as fast as locating Obama at the podium.

You call a fellow negro a monkey?
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
M-16:
Shame to yoru/goats yorugba .shameless yorubas . do not make friend to yoruba's .they will laugh and smile and pretend to be your friend ,they are nigeria's worst night mare .minus yoruba's in nigeria equals = peace in nigeria

Who is this one? Are you normal at all?
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by ZeusI: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2012
reindeer: Well, i don't like this Tinubu guy but you've just got to give it to him.
He's good at what he does and apparently a force to be reckoned with in Nija politics.
He's positioning himself to be the ''hot bride'' again come 2015. Both the PDP and the CPC will struggle hard to court him as he will make the difference as to who becomes the next president.
I think my dear SE needs to learn a thing or two from that. Jumping in the fray and declaring support so soon won't help their cause. It only makes it easier to take them for granted.
OBJ de laugh!!! God of heaven de laugh(psalm 2v4)!!! SE de laugh!!! Zeus I(from the olympian hill) de laugh!!!
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Dainfamous: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
anonimi:

Why are you deluding yourself like an illiterate
Have the six states controlled by ACN STOPPED running to Abuja like almajiris with begging bowls every month for their federal allocation from the revenues collected for Niger Delta oil
Was it not your Tinubu who fought OBJoke for reducing his [size=14pt]federal allocation feeding bottle[/size] due to un-constitutional LG creation

[img=http://www.beaba.com/images/produits/visuels/410x410/Biberon_fleur_sansBPA.jpg]Feeding Bottles[/img]

If he is serious about relying less on federal allocation and the true fiscal federalism that existed pre-1966 military coup he should ask the over 25% ACN legisLOOTERs who are loafing in the NASS to ensure this is part of the on-going constitution amendment. Clear enough
grin grin grin bro,they dont know that Nigerian federal reserved which about 35billion dollars, this is not include from all ACN states monthly allocation, didn't come from COCOA trees' all these big money in federal/state account 90% comes from oil revenue i wonder how ACN states will look without oil money!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by ZeusI: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
Gbawe: The truth is that others are not be 'infested' with the madness of retrogressive self-delusion and ethnic jingoism Nigerians wallow in. Even as folks from a certain region of Nigeria obsess about attacking Tinubu daily, neutral non-Nigerians will only look at them as self-delusional and hypocritical because they are only left to conclude Tinubu is sane from dispassionately looking at the madness called Nigeria and observing the character of her 'major players'.

Non-Nigerians will, for example, look at how GEJ , the current President with the power to deliver progress, is empowering corrupt individuals (like Anyim, Allison-Madueke, Adoke Bello, Okupe, Haliru Mohammed et al) who are not currently getting things done and wonder about the lack of focus and dearth of critical thinking afflicting Nigerians to the extent some shout "Tinubu" daily when he is not even in Government.

Condoleeza Rice, as an example of a pragmatic US Political strategist, will no doubt come to conclude Tinubu is better than most others using critical indices that matter even if Nigerians want to show idiocy to the entire world maligning the man daily. US unspoken shift in foreign policy now includes aiding African Nations to succeed to faciliate the idea of "Africans remaining in Africa". Rice, in that context, will therefore conclude that Nigeria is hideously corrupt and that all top-level Party bosses/supremo and political players have to thrive deploying a certain level of corruption. She then faces the task of looking at those who remain progressive and still get things done even in that ultra corrupt environment. Who is close to Tinubu in this regard? OBJ, Anenih, Bode George, Ahmadu Ali, Atiku, Ciroma, Yakassai, IBB, Kalu et al? They are all corrupt yet totally indifferent to developmental political strategy !!!!!

Accepted also, by those who don't fool themselves, is the fact that Tinubu is a 'man of ideas' while the political ruminations of most of our cretinous leaders consist of running to Abuja for allocation. Tinubu is an advocate of States increasing their IGR and relying less on the centre for developmental cash. He championed the usage of PPP (public private partnership) as a way to develop society using private sector cash. He introduced bond issuance as a way for States to raise funds at a stage other neanderthals laughed because their minds limited them to seeing Abuja as the only source of cash.

Most importantly, the balanced and neutral non-Nigerian political observer will note that while others, ten times out of ten, will support the most indolent, criminal-minded and clueless retrogressive 'tools' available like Andy Uba, Oyinlola, Alao Akala et al, Tinubu gave Nigeria one of it's best Governor ,i.e Fashola, and supported social radicals, undoubted achievers and progressive men elsewhere. The USA, UK and even our African neigbhours will be impressed by such behaviour given the reality they accept about Nigeria we ourselves display too much emotion and ethnic bias to factor into our thoughts or talk. The sum total of their pragmatic thoughts will be that Tinubu s a very sane and 'useful' Nigerian leader. Perhaps the sort they must support even if out of self-interest. Others remain too greedy, unintelligent, extremist and callous to the extent they have no reverse gear and will only encourage the sort of chaos we are seeing now.

In case some have not appreciated what Americans and others know to be true about Nigeria, our challenge remains finding 'crooks' who give back and aid development while we continue our evolutionary march towards an age of the "beautiful ones".
Impressive! Bravo for the almighty, impressive-delusional essay.wink
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Gbawe: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
ilugunboy:

They are dying inside already. tongue

Something inside them just can't make them to bear the knowledge that such a man got invited to such an august gathering, so they will rather do everything to downplay the significance of the invitation and even the event itself. (Classic attribute of hatred)

Absolutely . Who would American political students of history and strategy , Like Condoleeza Rice and others, respect the most comparatively in Nigeria today especialy after the 2011 elections and considering the nation is not exactly teeming with Mahatma Ghandi's? The likes of Orji Kalu, Tony Anenih, OBJ, desperate Ciroma and extremist Atiku or the man who put a deliberate, growing and intelligent structure in place to thwart gangsterism and the enslavement of his region by the most ruinous and most undeserving hands?

I think most non-Nigerians , not poisoned mentally with the hateful ethnic bigotry that clouds the reasoning of many Nigerians, would consider Tinubu a bonafide hero !!! ACN was a National Party , in constituent parts at formation, but only Tinubu developed it fastiduously and asiduously into a veritable podium for political dominance, while other founding fathers like Atiku, Ngige et al showed their intellectual limitations and lack of vision with how they only saw the ACN as a tool to facilitate a personal chase for politcal office.

This is why I laugh when some unintelligently call ACN a Yoruba Party without realising that, to intelligent and neutral folks worldwide, they only appear hateful and bigoted with how they miss what is so obvious. Did Tinubu start the ACN on his own or were others there from various corners of Nigeria?

The ACN, for the sake of modelling illustration, is effectively a franchise like a KFC or McDonald. If the Ghanaian KFC is more successful than the Nigerian KFC, would Nigerians not be showing petty hatred naming KFC a Ghanaian restaurant without graciously giving credit to the talent and ability of the Ghanaian CEO for making the Ghanaian arm of KFC successful while his Nigerian counterpart was only interested in the position for petty reasons?

Only Nigerians , because of ethnic bigotry, show warped reasoning that makes them ready to malign a man for doing the right thing such as Tinubu turning the ACN into a formidable and powerful Party in the SW whereas others faltered elsewhere and abandoned their intrinsic commitment to developing their Party optimally in their respective States/region of influence.

A man who, effectively, is the best[b] deliberate[/b] political strategist , and no beneficiary of luck or "connection" like most others in Nigeria, will find it difficult to command respect , even if grudgingly, from the likes of Hilary Clinton, Condoleeza Rice, Merkel, Cameron et al who come from Nations where merit, ability, deliberate planning, vision and superior talent is king?

Look at a self-confessed mediocrity like GEJ who has luck and godfathers to thank for his current position and compare with Tinubu who has gotten this far ,despite toxic hatred and resistance from the most powerful in the land, by sheer intellect, doggedness and talent. It soon becomes obvious who neutral, balanced and pragmatic non-Nigerians would respect of all Nigerian powerbrokers. Cumulatively, it is also obvious why some hate Tinubu vacuously and passionately whereas it would benefit them more to show pragmatic intelligence by accepting they could benefit with a Tinubu of their own. Joe Igbokwe once said that Nigeria would be a great Nation if all regions had a Tinubu. Unemotional Nigerians know precisely what he means by this and it can never be surprising that non-Nigerians, viewing reality and facts on the ground dispassionately, might appreciate this automatically also.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by ziccoit: 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
M-16:
YORUBAS ARE GULLIBLE I SWEAR . DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION GOLD CARD ? HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA . EVERY REGISTERED DEM MEMBER IS ELIGIBLE TO GO CONVENTION EVEN THE HOMELESS PEOPLE .,STAY AWAY FROM YORUBA'S NIGERIA .NIGERIA IS 52 YEARS .WHAT HAS NIGERIA DONE TO HELP AND ENCOURAGE HER CITIZEN ,NONE . BEING A NIGERIA IS A ROAD TO HELL AND POVERTY. OPEN YOUR EYE I PREFER AN HAUSA MAN THAN UNWORTHY /WORTHLESS YORUBA POLITICIAN .YORUBA HAUSA COCK SUCKERS GOD PUNISH YOU.

So predictable. You ignorantly lambasted Yourubas, no problem. . . . You announced your preference for Hausas, so you are not one. This shows where you are coming from. But you need to drive this into your head that your 'maannuu' (GEJ) rode on the shoulder of a Yoruba man (OBJ) to become all he achieved today in his life. And, you people can't do without the Yorubas cool

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by manny4life(m): 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
Oh well, good for him... Did any other U.S. news/reports carry this news? Just checking?
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Elueme: 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
Tinubu must have lobbied and prayed for this invitation since God knows when.. I beg enjoy am joor it was a piric victory,. after all you may never achieve more than this with your loudness.. Always showing off..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by ZeusI: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
Baba_Eleko: I have a lot to say to ACN and Tinubu hater but I'll keep it to myself cos the said Nairalanders have been hijacked/employed so they do what they're being asked to so no need wasting resources on y'all besides nothing you say holds no more as the truth always sneak in when you lost alert. So from the root of my heart, Long live Tinubu and ACN. God bless Nigeria.
Noted!
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Elueme: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
Elueme: Tinubu must have lobbied and prayed for this invitation since God knows when.. I beg enjoy am joor it was a piric victory,. after all you may never achieve more than this with your loudness.. Always showing off..
just thinking what he is gonna say in that convention? An election rigger and an emperor.. What legacy dies he have left? Just thinking
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Look at a self-confessed mediocrity like GEJ who has luck and godfathers to thank for his current position and compare with Tinubu who has gotten this far ,despite toxic hatred and resistance from the most powerful in the land, by sheer intellect, doggedness and talent. It soon becomes obvious who neutral, balanced and pragmatic non-Nigerians would respect of all Nigerian powerbrokers. Cumulatively, it is also obvious why some hate Tinubu vacuously and passionately whereas it would benefit them more to show pragmatic intelligence by accepting they could benefit with a Tinubu of their own. Joe Igbokwe once said that Nigeria would be a great Nation if all regions had a Tinubu. Unemotional Nigerians know precisely what he means by this and it can never be surprising that non-Nigerians might appreciate this automatically also.

Gbawe, you want these bigots to attack one of their own. Next thing they will tell you that Joe is a Tinubu a$rse-licker and therefore on his own.

Once one of their own strayed from their bigotry stereotyping..they label such as outcast. Wait till they attack Joe and you will get my drift.
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
Elueme: just thinking what he is gonna say in that convention? An election rigger and an emperor.. What legacy dies he have left? Just thinking

Is that English in Igbo? grin grin
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
Elueme: Tinubu must have lobbied and prayed for this invitation since God knows when.. I beg enjoy am joor it was a piric victory,. after all you may never achieve more than this with your loudness.. Always showing off..

You are a bitter and envious soul...that is a bad cocktail for a human being....it makes you die silently without you knowing you are dying.
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Gbawe: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
Da infamous: grin grin grin bro,they dont know that Nigerian federal reserved which about 35billion dollars, this is not include from all ACN states monthly allocation, didn't come from COCOA trees' all these big money in federal/state account 90% comes from oil revenue i wonder how ACN states will look without oil money!!

keep up your display of vacuous ethnic bigotry. You will praise anyone saying things against ACN (assumed a "Yoruba Party" by your ilk) and Yoruba folks in general. Go to the thread below to note how I disgraced Anonimi as a confirmed hater of the ACN to the extent he lied, was exposed by me, and had to own up to his lie.

https://www.nairaland.com/793016/pdp-asks-aregbesola-account-n100bn/1

Anonimi wrote:
This is definitely a lie. Osun State is the 11th highest state on the federal allocation table here

So I am almost more than certain that your comment:is also another fabrication of your mind. Otherwise post Osun state's 2011 budget and expenditure on this thread.

Below is Anonimi apologizing for his lies I brutally exposed. It seems he has not learned and is another one, like you, indoctrinated in blind hatred that prevents the recognition of truth, decency and the need to call a spade a spade. Anonimi should not be even speaking here and you should not be backing him blindly if not an example of the hateful and unthinking bigot ruining NL and preventing Nigerians seeing who our relative good guys are[b] across the board[/b] as neutral non-Nigerians , not afflicted with bigotry, can discern with ease. Tinubu is not an example of the intellectual laziness of undeserving leaders that has now put us in a position where everyone is lazily focused on oil. Look at the man's real efforts dispassionately, as non-Nigerians can do, and you will see he is part of the solution with the real and undoubted policy drives he has pioneered. Fools like you can remain here satisfying your need to hate others blindly to the extent you can blatantly postulate lies about them.

https://www.nairaland.com/793016/pdp-asks-aregbesola-account-n100bn/2

Anonimi wrote:
@ Gbawe,

I would like to apologise for the misleading psoition (11th) I gave to Osun state. You are correct.
I was in a hurry this morning and took the # of LGs 30 to be the serial # of Osun state on the table thus using Oyo state figures.
Error sincerely regretted.
Nevertheless all other responses I posted are intact and you are yet to credibly defend any of them
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Delafruita(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
dammytosh:

Did you see American Citizen only or residents of American only ? Tell me Tinubu does not have an apartment in America. If you believe that Gold Card thing, then you can believe anything.

Don't get it mixed up, My point is that nobody gave Tinubu any NONSENSE GOLD CARD as Card is not needed to be at the convention and he is not addressing any congress. So tear the false newspaper you are carrying about.
if its that easy for anyone,even those who aren't american citizens to get invites to the convention,then there's bound to be problems.
the report never said tinubu is addressing the DNC.it only said he will be attending
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Elueme: 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
ilugunboy:

Is that English in Igbo? grin grin
You must foolishly show yourself.. I saw the 'dies' but chose to leave it that way because I know imbeciilic trait like what you have portraited will display their lack of cognitive function to decipher simple semantics in a statement.. I pity you
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Elueme: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
ilugunboy:

You are a bitter and envious soul...that is a bad cocktail for a human being....it makes you die silently without you knowing you are dying.
The day I become envious of Tinubu is the day I become overtly unambitious.. I don't envy propagandists and rogues who are only good at derogating their opponents to score cheap political points.. Go sit down, 2 naira bootlicker
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
Elueme: You must foolishly show yourself.. I saw the 'dies' but chose to leave it that way because I know imbeciilic trait like what you have portraited will display their lack of cognitive function to decipher simple semantics in a statement.. I pity you

Lol....I put it to you categorically that you are a lying m0ron grin grin. You saw it after I highlighted it and by then the modify button is no longer useful to you grin.

Keep doing the hatred thing and see how your life will get better... Ode!
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
Elueme: The day I become envious of Tinubu is the day I become overtly unambitious.. I don't envy propagandists and rogues who are only good at derogating their opponents to score cheap political points.. Go sit down, 2 naira bootlicker

So say, what is your problem with a Nigerian getting an Invite to the DNC?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30% Of Nigeria’s Fuel Supply Diverted-Kachikwu / Aeesha Maina Adopts Baby Dumped By Roadside In Sokoto. PIC / Member Of PDP New Media Team Attacked On Sick Bed In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.