Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze (8822 Views)

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / Muhammadu Buhari Operating An Apple Laptop / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 04, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Hi... I'm New
I AM WELCOLME IN JESUS NAME........................
[size=18pt]AMEN[/size]

Political section is the wrongest place to be in with this kind of welcom address, Cos you go soon dey cause ppl with devil grin grin grin
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Dejiro(m): 10:36am On Sep 04, 2012
"It is also pertinent to note that the northern governors fund Hisbah guards with taxpayers’ money.”"

--Point of correction "with oil money" which tax do they pay in the North?

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 04, 2012
DELTA BOY: Those who are afraid of nigerias disintegration should know that Nigeria has already dsintegrated in d mind of d people.
thank you,dude! Only God can revive that mind set!
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by samkoro: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
If this was from another source, I'd have considered reading the article.

However, this is from Ohanaeze's perspective, no thank you. Article is prolly filled with exaggerated (more than usual) propaganda, esp against anything North. Filed incompetent.

Do u know a dime abt ur country.I can't imagine a Nigerian doubting the existence of a state police called Hisbah ,which was established in 1999 by former Zamfara state gov.Sani Yerima and other former governors in the north durring OBJ regime.Do u know anything at all?Who gave u a computer/internet phone?

2 Likes

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2012
acidtalk: If tHey say the North are already operating state police that means EVERY christian is a theif and churches the storage of the loot that's why they keep killing christians and bombing churches to erradicate crime in the North.

In as much as I want corruption to reduce to the bearest minimum. I don't think state police can work in Nigeria of today because it will certainly lead to civil war.

Nigerians put ethnic and religious sentiments ahead of Patroticism and Fear of God.

Imagine State police in Lagos, Imo, Delta, Zamfara, Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto and the rest omo mehn, innocent people will be killed every second due to their hatred of the tribe and religion in question.

t

You dont even know what state police is,...pls get educated. State Police is Police by citizens of that state, controlled and funded by that state government. You dont bring Hausa man from Borno to be Imo state police undecided
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by prettyboi1(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2012
Why do Nigerians like to be so daft & foolish? This man came with propaganda fuelled by paranoia & everyone is jumping on his stupid train. How can you think of the hisbah guard as "police?" Is lassma Lagos state's "police?"

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 04, 2012
slimming: State can establish task force and empower them to do such things as related to police force.
thats illegal. Vigilante groups and task forces arrest offenders and hand them over to police. Anyfin otherwise is illegal!
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Godjone(m): 10:43am On Sep 04, 2012
Dis man get mind ooo! So he even got d nerves 2 chalange d north even though he is fully aware of d hatred an average hausa man reserved 4 d ibos. Of more worisome is d manerism he used in qualifying his vituperation even though speaking 4rm hiding. Abeg becareful wit ur mouth o! B4 boko haram go trace ur hide out. Make my coment no vex una shaaao! Na my own opinion be dat wink
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Dainfamous: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2012
samkoro:

Do u know a dime abt ur country.I can't imagine a Nigerian doubting the existence of a state police called Hisbah ,which was established in 1999 by former Zamfara state gov.Sani Yerima and other former governors in the north durring OBJ regime.Do u know anything at all?Who gave u a computer/internet phone?
she was smuggle out from ekiti state through trafficking pls bear with her...

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Siraleeyu(m): 10:44am On Sep 04, 2012
i dnt knw wat d hell iz wrng wit u southerner especially SE nd SS, u lyk showin ur clear hatred to north nd d notherners....dnt u guys realise wit dnt hv d tym to wates in replyin u guys? All u knw best iz usin abusive words, u lack proper upbringin nd mannres though u r nt to blame datz wat hw u saw ur parent behavin.....nd to doz of u callin 4 disintegratn am sure ar illitrates nd nvr been to north b4, i dare dat non of ur brodas wil stayin in d north wil support ur move nor ur ellites enjoyin demselvs in abj hu r suppose to champion ur propaganda. So i suggest u keep ur mouth shut or continue dyin in poverty

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by DANILSA(m): 10:46am On Sep 04, 2012
Na now una know say North De bully south? Who get liver to talk for south? Somebody like Dr Junaid is always fighting for north weather relevant or not, while southerners are busy fighting themselves and stealing the one North agreed to dash us. Tinubu is fighting Mimiko, Obi is fighting Umeh, Omehia is fighting Amaechi just like dat everywhere. Seun pls next page joo.
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Standing5(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2012
big question
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Novice1(m): 10:48am On Sep 04, 2012
What about Bakassi boys, Oil thieves (AKA militants)et al?
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2012
Seun come follow baba OBJ drink garri embarassed
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by sheyguy: 10:51am On Sep 04, 2012
afam4eva:
What has this your post got to do with the topic at hand? Some of you are just proud to be dense.

@topic
It's not just state police. The north has been run like a country for a long time now. They've had sharia law for so many years but any attempt to replicate same in other regions is met with resistance from the north. State police and regional autonomy is here to stay.
Why question a legitimate Hisbah when we have Massob going beyond their power in the east. if i may ask, is alchohol sale, prositutn, and Sales of X-rated materials supposed to be allowed to spread without being checked? Ohaneze are crying today because their pple cant do business as they would av loved to,what happens to other parts of the country where pple are being scared away because of groups that av no real basis for existence?
CHESSBOARD: [b][/b]

Why are you sooo senseless my friend, Can Massob arrest, detain, and prosecute crime offenders.... and they are not legally armed by any state like the hisbah, my friend stop selling part of your brain.
Fine, U can av ur wish, go sell Indecency-Materials, Alcohol, and Flesh up north . . .

Torch1:
You and your likes are cowards, always afraid to face the North..
Is MASSOB funded by state money?
slowpoke!!
Who funds Massob, and what do they get in return for their "Kind Gesture"?
You should be more concerned about questionable bodies being fund in questionable manner if you aren't a slowpoke bro . . .
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2012
sheyguy:
Why question a legitimate Hisbah when we have Massob going beyond their power in the east. if i may ask, is alchohol sale, prositutn, and Sales of X-rated materials supposed to be allowed to spread without being checked? Ohaneze are crying today because their pple cant do business as they would av loved to,what happens to other parts of the country where pple are being scared away because of groups that av no real basis for existence?

Fine, U can av ur wish, go sell Indecency-Materials, Alcohol, and Flesh up north . . .

Who funds Massob, and what do they get in return for their "Kind Gesture"?
You should be more concerned about questionable bodies being fund in questionable manner if you aren't a slowpoke bro . . .

You avoided all the question there and went tribal. Your hatred for ibos will only lead you to commit sucide. And please judge rationally and not tribally

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Morgan1092(m): 10:59am On Sep 04, 2012
The truth is dat dese Northern governors knowing indirectly dat d hav d proposed State Police re nw kicking against d 1 FG proposed. FG shld luk in2 dis so called Hisbah Guard to determine d mode of dia operation. #GOD bless Nigeria#

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Gonzaga1010(m): 11:08am On Sep 04, 2012
Dats a gud one
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2012

PICTURE OF HISBAH GUARDS. IF THEY ARE NOT STATE POLICE, THEN WHAT ARE THEY ? STATE MILITIA ??

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDZfvW1MTNwP45Lx1k8zdRkELFyWccJgTDWUBU0imLAFs-XAQW[/img]
IF THESE ARE NOT STATE POLICE, ARE THEY STATE ARMY ?
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by HighChief4(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
If this was from another source, I'd have considered reading the article.

However, this is from Ohanaeze's perspective, no thank you. Article is prolly filled with exaggerated (more than usual) propaganda, esp against anything North. Filed incompetent.

A quick search on the Internet would help you know the veracity of the story. It doesn't matter who made it known, what matters is if there is anything like Hisbah that has taken up the role of Police in the state.
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by tubolancer(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2012
Are you stupid,how can they be killing innocent people.
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by highlandre(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2012
Hisbah or state police exists in all Northern states. My NYSC days in Kebbi State exposed me to their activities. These security personnel are strategically stationed around town, monitoring particularly the activities of non indigenes, and to checkmate their females and men against immorality (girls mingling with non Hausas, their men drinking alcohol etc). In general terms, they are to ensure adherrence to Sharia and community do's and don'ts. They, however go to the extreme most times, and create fear in the minds of non indigenes.

Their activities are similar to those of The Police. They arrest, detain, torture and carry out other police-related functions.

The question now is: if they stylishly label their security personnel Hisbah, and discharge Police functions, why then kick against state police as advocated by the other reions? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander!

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 04, 2012
Billyonaire:

PICTURE OF HISBAH GUARDS. IF THEY ARE NOT STATE POLICE, THEN WHAT ARE THEY ? STATE MILITIA ??

State Police are active in Plateau State esp. in Jos, they call them 'Operation Rambo' they're being paid by the State Government~
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by SagePius: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2012
With due respect to everyone. Its quite funny and painful that some of us are buying this useless drug called state police to cure our Nigeria insecurity and put reasonable check on crimial activities. Friends, Police isn't our problem at all. Our Problem is a disorganized society. We don't know who is who in Nigeria. No records! That is the basis of our problem. We need adequate collation of all Nigerian data with emphasis on our picture and fingerprints. After that we need 24hrs monitoring camera on all our major roads. The cashless policy should be introduced and enforced. Friends these are the drugs we need not state Police which these greedy politicians are calling for which obviously is for political reasons. Our Police are not equipped! Hence,let's join hands together to reject the nonsensical nonsense call for state Police. It won't do us any good at all! Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Ideasroole: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2012
Reyginus: Their are 'YAR BANGA' in suleja Niger state.
Those are ordinary 'organized group of nightguards' or better put vigilantes, bro..
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by omobabanani: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2012
acidtalk: If tHey say the North are already operating state police that means EVERY christian is a theif and churches the storage of the loot that's why they keep killing christians and bombing churches to erradicate crime in the North.

In as much as I want corruption to reduce to the bearest minimum. I don't think state police can work in Nigeria of today because it will certainly lead to civil war.

Nigerians put ethnic and religious sentiments ahead of Patroticism and Fear of God.

Imagine State police in Lagos, Imo, Delta, Zamfara, Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto and the rest omo mehn, innocent people will be killed every second due to their hatred of the tribe and religion in question.

THEN WHAT ABOUT ALL THE STATES MENTIONED IN THE NORTH WHERE WHAT LOOK LIKE STATES POLICE HAVE BEEN OPERATING?

t
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by lafuria1(m): 11:33am On Sep 04, 2012
Hisbah is only in kano state. So y is ohaneze exaggerating hisbah beyond kano? Propaganda and hatred. U can find various vigilante group all over. Kano operates sharia as well as d the nigeria law. The hisbah are charged with arresting people who breach the sharia law, they dont provide securities as d police do. The police and hisbah rearely have clash of intrest. If there is an ongoing robbery d police take charge. The hisbah arent given guns to operate.
If the ndigbo want to make case 4 state police, he should do so wt reasons. Nobody stops east from havin a vigilate group and name it ibo to curb kidnapin, if anybody shout, u point at hisbah.
Like someone said is lastma a state police since they hv uniforms, can detain, arrest and extort when they like? No. Simply in charge of trafic wic is a big issue in lagos. Same way is sharia and hisbah. So u igbos should form ur little anti kidnapin group.
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by gbadexy(m): 11:36am On Sep 04, 2012
To all the e-war lords, sincerely speaking, all the southern region behave like the northerners are their masters.
Obasanjo has always strived to please the north and handed over to them twice, jonathan too is deferring to them and handling them with kid gloves as if the presidency is their birth right and he is only there due to them.
The north has always been against sovereign national conference to discuss pertinent issues among which state police and true federalism is amongst them.
Ironically, they are practicing one sided full federalism which includes their sharia law(peculiar to their region but not in the constitution), state police and autonomous educational system and the president even made concession to create almajiri school for them where their arabic schooling system is fused with conventional western educational system.
They have been practicing their own federalism and denying the call for SNC to make true federalism work in the country. Even all the southern legislators that can make it work are not united.
The northerners would forever rule us in this country, any president is merely a figurehead dancing to their tune. The north is united while the south is divided and easily maintained as such due to the diversity of the people in tribe and religion and mutual distrust due to each tribe wanting the best for itself at the expense of others.

1 Like

Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by achi4u(m): 11:36am On Sep 04, 2012
The issue of state police is a very dangerious one,imagine aboki police shooting a Southern and that case will not cross the state boundry,or how will they(state police) conduct their duties without infrigings on peoples right?
Re: North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 04, 2012
Ideasroole: Those are ordinary 'organized group of nightguards' or better put vigilantes, bro..
Yet they arrest and detain people in the emir's palace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate To Bar Public Official's Children From Schooling Abroad / Ghana or Nigeria? see a Ghanaian's reaction / Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.