Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction (19544 Views)

Under Pressure From Boko Haram, Kidnappers, FG Endorses Militias In States / FG Endorses Cancellation Of Promotion Exams For Civil Servants / FG Endorses Sanusi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by k2kay(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2012
All he had to do to show the"pestle wielding critcs" that he wasn't a clueless president was to suspend the planned introduction of the note and call SLS to order but alas......what do u expect from a Mad man with a capital M!
angry
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by faithin9ja: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
I pity the iliteracy and ignorance of Nigerians

in the UK we use one pound coins every day - £1 = N260 !!!
in UK we £20 notes everyday £20 = N5200

in UK is closer to cashless than Nigeria as we use ATM and POS for 90% of all purchases.

What is wrong with paying a taxi driver with 3 N100 coins??

What is wrong with buiyng a blackberry phone with 6 , N5000 notes?

Those stealing Nigeria's money will steal wether it's N20 notes or N1million notes

Nigerians used coins for over 20 years before the mid 80's

2 Likes

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Koikoi(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
When Soludo tried re-decimalization of the naira, he was cut down by the late Yar adua. Why can't Goodluck do the same?
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by OluBendel: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
faithin9ja: I pity the iliteracy and ignorance of Nigerians

in UK is closer to cashless than Nigeria as we use ATM and POS for 90% of all purchases.

Those stealing Nigeria's money will steal wether it's N20 notes or N1million notes

Sorry sir/ma, we are not as illiterate and ignorant as you want to believe.We are just facing plain realities of the circumstances of Nigeria, the perpetual disconnect between the lead vs leaders, rich vs poor

The crux of these barrage is that a government is not doing enough to protect the common man (70% of who live on less than 2 dollars a day), will go to any length to make life easier for the rich, at the end of the day the rich only gets richer and the poor masses gets poorer.

Yes, nothing is wrong woth paying a taxi driver in coins, but do you know that presently Nigerian banks don't even accept coins as deposits from customers? is that the situation in UK?

When you say we useD coins before the mid 80's, remember our highest bill then was N20!

Yes, they will still be corrupt, but they will not find it easy carting their loots if our highest bills remains as it is.remember one of the reasons for going cashless was to curb corruption, as most illegal deals are cash based (to avoid trails), no criminal wants to pass their loot through the banking system or cashlessly.

The poor are the victim of this new policy, it will not affect many of those opposing, who barely use the lower notes as they are already.The lower bills are mostly used by the poor and less priviledged,and you'd be shocked how much these monies are valued outside the city centers(especially in the rural areas) once you coin these notes IT WILL GO OUT OF USE, it has been proven time and time over in this environment, we need not make pretenses about it with big sounding grammars and UK templates.

How many will the pure water/orange seller be able to hold in his/her pocket before they start to wear him/how down? which bank will they take them to at the end of the day's sales? will you expect him/her to still collect them the next day after the agony of the previous day? no sir, he will simply tell you "oga na 5 for Hundred naira" then goes the end of the coins.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 5alive(m): 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
bobby56: Please if BOKO HARAM, OR NIGER DELTA MILITANTS ARE RECRUITING, LET ME KNOW I WILL APPLY. At least through that I will get my own share of the new 'Nation Destructive and Inflation Aggravating' N5000 note. THANKS. LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!!LONG LIVE MILITANTS!!!!!! DESTRUCTION TO ALL THOSE TRYING TO DESTROY THIS NATION THROUGH UNWARRANTED AND DESTRUCTIVE POLICIES. AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!! FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowpoke
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by faithin9ja: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
Olu_Bendel:

Sorry sir/ma, we are not as illiterate and ignorant as you want to believe.We are just facing plain realities of the circumstances of Nigeria, the perpetual disconnect between the lead vs leaders, rich vs poor

The crux of these barrage is that a government is not doing enough to protect the common man (70% of who live on less than 2 dollars a day), will go to any length to make life easier for the rich, at the end of the day the rich only gets richer and the poor masses gets poorer.

Yes, nothing is wrong woth paying a taxi driver in coins, but do you know that presently Nigerian banks don't even accept coins as deposits from customers? is that the situation in UK?

When you say we useD coins before the mid 80's, remember our highest bill then was N20!

Yes, they will still be corrupt, but they will not find it easy carting their loots if our highest bills remains as it is.remember one of the reasons for going cashless was to curb corruption, as most illegal deals are cash based (to avoid trails), no criminal wants to pass their loot through the banking system or cashlessly.

The poor are the victim of this new policy, it will not affect many of those opposing, who barely use the lower notes as they are already.The lower bills are mostly used by the poor and less priviledged,and you'd be shocked how much these monies are valued outside the city centers(especially in the rural areas) once you coin these notes IT WILL GO OUT OF USE, it has been proven time and time over in this environment, we need not make pretenses about it with big sounding grammars and UK templates.

How many will the pure water/orange seller be able to hold in his/her pocket before they start to wear him/how down? which bank will they take them to at the end of the day's sales? will you expect him/her to still collect them the next day after the agony of the previous day? no sir, he will simply tell you "oga na 5 for Hundred naira" then goes the end of the coins.

This is what I don't understnd about people who talk about N20 in 1977. In 1977 N20 was worth almost what N5000 is today. In 1977 people's monthly rent for a one room would be less than N10, so if anyone stole N20 it would be considered the same as stealing N5000 today.

In the late 80's and early 90's the general consensus of obscence wealth was 'owambe' parties people spraying N20 notes!!! that's like people spraying $100 bills in today's economy.

Coins are better for smaller transactions.

Have you forgotten the Molue conductors in Lagos.....enter with your coins oh!!! ko si change, wo le pelu coins oh!!!

as late as 1989 I was enering molue with 10kobo coins who complained?

Get real my friends
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 5alive(m): 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
Koikoi: When Soludo tried re-decimalization of the naira, he was cut down by the late Yar adua. Why can't Goodluck do the same?
hummm
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by sododo(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Is Nigeria i know that public opinion is irrelevant,no proper consultations before national issues will decided on by some group of people who called there self federal government.Imaging, i saw femi otedola in a ECONS management meeting held in state house yesterday.N10000 note?

While supporting the planned introduction of the N5000 notes,see talk Peterside said if he was the CBN governor, he would have even gone ahead to introduce a N10000 note.

He argued that the country would save huge money whenever it printed bigger denominations.

He said, “If I were the CBN Governor, I would prefer to print N10000 notes.

“Last year, Nigeria spent N47bn to print these small notes. If we were printing bigger denominations, we will print a fewer number and make phenomenal savings.

“Secondly, money is a store of value; all these thieves, rogues and vagabonds running around in various states and all over the country, when they steal money, they will want to keep it outside the banking system.

“So they need a higher denomination notes. Right now, they are using the $100 notes all over Nigeria because they are the best store of values for them.

“If you give them a better store of value in Nigeria, they will move away from these dollars and reduce the demand for the $100 notes and move into our own currency as opposed to the use of $100 notes to hide their loots and so on.”

Peterside added that the country is currently losing in two ways by importing US dollars to finance the activities of corrupt persons and (by) squandering scarce resources printing large volumes of “worthless notes.”Is this type of people that sat down and endorsed N5000 Note?hmmmm na wa oooo,very soon N10000 Note will be introduce.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
Come 2 tink of it, stealing wil b very easy o, 4 instance u want 2 steal N5000 or N10,000, jst squeeze 1/2 pieces inside ur bra or hair n u ve made it lol!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by taharqa: 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
manosteel: He want a cashless society, can anyone tell me any country presently practicing cashless economy. France, Germany, China, India, Brazil, Singapore even South Africa are doing well economically yet they are not cashless economy, so which country are we emulating in this cashless thing that has tried it and succeeded?
I think dat u really hv got to know wot u re talking about(even if it is just a little ) b4 u spit dem out in public..am always astonishd how some Nigerians wud spill Ignorance in public wit every sense of confidence...just astonishes me everytime
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by sessydoo(m): 2:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
This guy called SLS shld be sacked for his recurring display of power- arrogance and unapologetic agency of imperialism policies and dictates. It is obvious that SLS, GEJ n their cronies have become slaves to IMF, World Bank n other imeperialist policies, thus inflicting more pains on the masses.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Iykopee(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
the problem with these leaders of ours isnt far fetched... Always using the wrong means to solve a perceived problem...lemme ask, @ d moment do we need #5000 note? Is it the major problem confronting Nigeria? Truly i blame GEJ for his ineptitude and clumsy nature of dealing with pressing issues...the voice of d masses had been neglected for years with some bunch of oaf always @ d helm of affairs....truly speaking this con3 is steeping descently into damnation...sometin need to be done to avoid future catastrophy......if #5000 note wont add any advantage to the people why going for it? I believe sanusi has sometin surreptitious...that dunce in aso rock wont see beyond his NOSE..
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by taharqa: 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
faithin9ja: I pity the iliteracy and ignorance of Nigerians

My frnd in today's Nigeria, Ignorance is Bliss. It has its own swagger, and sells big time...na so we see am oh
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by staaari: 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
STOP 'BADLUCK' NOW!!

High currency denomination is simply sign of INFLATION.

Argentina went through steady inflation from 1975 to 1991. The highest denomination was 1,000,000 pesos

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by lawizle(m): 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
shuues:
Guy, is it d number of notes given dat matters or d value. My annoyance is d 40b dat wil be wasted again by dis clueless GEJ 2 prod dis new note against all oda pressing issues dat bothers me. Wat a shame.

U̶̲̥̅̊ mean 40billion naira τ̅☺ produce 5k naira notes? Naija na U̶̲̥̅̊ biko!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by DisGuy: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
na WA O

Why are people talking about stealing/losing their cash?

if you're careless you're going to loose it anyway, and if they want to rob you they will rob you all da same!

More reason to get a bank account and transact your business with the cashless options you so much hated!

now choose one, loosing 50k cash or losing your card (you can cancel your card in less than 10mins)
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by carlinks: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Atimes i wonder who is fooling who..a fetus in the womb knows the harsh economic implications of the CBN's CURE project on their purchasing power...let's break this down..minimum wage is 18k,the new NEPA bill in my flat now is 3500 monthly..leaves the guy with 14,500 left..fuel price has gone up so has transportation cost so he has to pay more to fuel his gen and pay more to get to work..i beg,what is that guy left with@the end of the month?? and GEJ wana add this CBN's evil CURE to it!!! a lot of doctorate degree doesn't make someone smart and intelligent atimes...GEJ and SLS are good examples why not to have a Doctorate degree...2 moronic confused imbeciles

This is common secondary school economics for goodness sake and GEJ just needs to pull his face out of his Anus to see this
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by DisGuy: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
carlinks: Atimes i wonder who is fooling who..a fetus in the womb knows the harsh economic implications of the CBN's CURE project on their purchasing power...let's break this down..minimum wage is 18k,the new NEPA bill in my flat now is 3500 monthly..leaves the guy with 14,500 left..fuel price has gone up so has transportation cost so he has to pay more to fuel his gen and pay more to get to work..i beg,what is that guy left with@the end of the month?? and GEJ wana add this CBN's evil CURE to it!!! a lot of doctorate degree doesn't make someone smart and intelligent atimes...GEJ and SLS are good examples why not to have a Doctorate degree...2 moronic confused imbeciles

This is common secondary school economics for goodness sake and GEJ just needs to pull his face out of his Anus to see this

:Please o, for we wey no go nursery school talkless of sec school, how does the N5000 add to the price of his electricity, transportation expenses, how will this even affect the price of cassava powder in the market?

SLS doesn't have a doctorate degree btw
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by faithin9ja: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
carlinks: Atimes i wonder who is fooling who..a fetus in the womb knows the harsh economic implications of the CBN's CURE project on their purchasing power...let's break this down..minimum wage is 18k,the new NEPA bill in my flat now is 3500 monthly..leaves the guy with 14,500 left..fuel price has gone up so has transportation cost so he has to pay more to fuel his gen and pay more to get to work..i beg,what is that guy left with@the end of the month?? and GEJ wana add this CBN's evil CURE to it!!! a lot of doctorate degree doesn't make someone smart and intelligent atimes...GEJ and SLS are good examples why not to have a Doctorate degree...2 moronic confused imbeciles

Foolish talk, you live in a flat and earn N18,000 a month? Life is about levels, minimum wage earners in UK or US cannot afford to live UK or US flats. Minimum wage is not average wage.

You complain you spend N3500 on your NEPA bill a month, tell the truth how much do you spend on recharge cards? Or beer? How many of your close friends earn N18,000 a month
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Peterpan1(m): 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
C'mon guys don't talk as if u are nt a christian,for i know dat it is written that does who put thier trust in d LORD shall be like mount zion dat can never be moved,so d problems of dis country can't move me instead it makes me stronger in CHRIST.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Enice(m): 7:49am On Sep 06, 2012

voodoo economics
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by BENEKU: 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
I want to advice Nigerians to realise their position in the scheme of the proceedings-SO LONG AS NIGERIANS maintain a ONE PARTY SYSTEM, we shall continue to suffer as SLAVES IN OUR OWN LAND. I pity Nigerian because I CANNOT EVEN HELP MYSELF, SO THERE IS NO HOPE TO EVEN THINK OF HELPING MY FALLEN STATE-DELTA, GOODLUCK NIGERIA.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Taiwosky: 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2012
We shuld all pray now because piple will suffer only those closer 2 God will enjoy an find favour,dere wuld b thieves,ritualist,adulterers,hiredkillers,name it all in d name of dis note in d GEJ regime,mark my word.BUT GOD kip us unda ur umbrela oh.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by my12darling2009: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
These cabals are up to something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria / Buhari, Not Tinubu Chose Gbajabiamila For Speaker - El-Rufai. / Anti-IPOB Protesters Storm National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.