Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction (19547 Views)

Under Pressure From Boko Haram, Kidnappers, FG Endorses Militias In States / FG Endorses Cancellation Of Promotion Exams For Civil Servants / FG Endorses Sanusi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:13am On Sep 05, 2012
Zeus I: Hmm... You better zip-up oo, or the reversal will be the case. This is public site. BE WARNED!!!
Who Cares??
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by timilehin007(m): 7:19am On Sep 05, 2012
floridam: Someone with #18,000 minimum wage salary will be given just 3 of the #5000 note and 3 of #1000 notes for a whole month ?
LOL
Imagine oo
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Riel99: 7:28am On Sep 05, 2012
It is another way of fruad whc our politicians choose 2 play. GEJ, we are proudly disappointed wit U n ur subordin8.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Hanihairy(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2012
@ OP Wat r u talkin about....
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by DonCmos: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2012
GEJ is truely clueless this country is going down the drain...
Who says the USA does not have a thousand naira note? But you will never see it, because they are controling their economy. The crazy CBN gov said we should go cashless and now force us to accept a bank note why are kicking against, that shows that Jonathan does not understand what he is doing @ all. In Englang when you walk up to a store with a 50 pounds note they stare at you like what's wrong with this fella? This what is killing this our economy. #50 will die now and you say you Lamido is helping us, @$#%... will pun@# those who want to print and get their cuts.
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by DonCmos: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2012
GEJ is truely clueless this country is going down the drain...
Who says the USA does not have a thousand naira note? But you will never see it, because they are controling their economy. The crazy CBN gov said we should go cashless and now force us to accept a bank note why are kicking against, that shows that Jonathan does not understand what he is doing @ all. In Englang when you walk up to a store with a 50 pounds note they stare at you like what's wrong with this fella? This what is killing this our economy. #50 will die now and you say you Lamido is helping us, @$#%... will pun@# those who want to print and get their cuts.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by dnawah(m): 7:40am On Sep 05, 2012
floridam: Someone with #18,000 minimum wage salary will be given just 3 of the #5000 note and 3 of #1000 notes for a whole month ?
LOL
and if you lost one note of it,hmmm
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by akdjr(m): 7:51am On Sep 05, 2012
I expect followers on this forum to come up with constructive ideas of why the N5000 should not be introduce, rather than insulting both the Governor and the President. Sanusi called on meaningful Nigerians who can debate on economic effect of the introduction of higher denomination to come out and air their point. I am yet to seen none! If we can recall back that ever since the introduction of cash-lite policy,charges on our account have been greatly reduced to a minimum level,also in this regard bank have been offering free service on some of there products,like free withdrawal via the ATM without charges which was also part of the aim of the policy...If you listen to Sanusi stand on the issue,you will see that he is looking beyond now for the manifestation of the effect of the higher denomination.

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by mikelangs(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2012
My friends I have said that the 1st week of implementation Goodluck Jonathan will DIE. So not to worry lets see who win. Our God is not sleeping at all at all. I think its hard time we start attacking these so called big boys who pretend they are in support of the mercies. GEJ could not have endorsed without the approval of National Assembly. IT IS GOING to be well with NIGERIA. God never sleeps nor turns deaf ears toward the mercies!!!!!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by manosteel(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2012
He want a cashless society, can anyone tell me any country presently practicing cashless economy. France, Germany, China, India, Brazil, Singapore even South Africa are doing well economically yet they are not cashless economy, so which country are we emulating in this cashless thing that has tried it and succeeded?
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Dee60: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2012
THE PROBLEM SOMETIMES IS THAT WE QUICKLY FORGET HISTORY!!! WHEN N1000 WAS GOING TO BE INTRODUCED THEY ARGUED THAT THERE WILL ONLY BE A FEW IN THE ECONOMY AND THAT YOU WOULD NOT COMMONLY SEE IT. A FEW YEARS AFTER, THAT IS THE MOST COMMON CURRENCY ANYWHERE, ON ATM, ON BANK COUNTERS, ETC.

THIS N5000 BILL WILL LEAD TO INFLATION. SANUSI CANNOT SEE THAT BECAUSE OF HIS EGO. HE JUST WANTS TO SIGN THE BILL SO THAT HIS NAME WILL REMAIN IN THE RECKONING FOR A LONG TIME. HE HAS DONE SO MUCH HARM TO OUR ECONOMY AND HE WONT JUST STOP. MORE SO WHEN HE FEELS HE IS IN CHARGE OF NIGERIA!! ALL THAT GEJ GOVERNMENT CAN DO IS TO ENDORSE EVERY NONSENSE COMING FROM SANUSI. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHY!!

I FEEL THERE IS A LOT OF INTELLECTUAL LAZINESS IN GOVERNMENT AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN ABDICATED TO OKONJO AND SANUSI. I FEEL OKONJO MANAGES THAT WELL AND WANTS TO USE IT FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY BUT I CANT SAY THE SAY FOR SMS.

PLEASE LET US PUT EGO ASIDE. PLEASE BEG OUR RULERS (NOT LEADERS)NOT TO DESTROY NIGERIA. WE KNOW THEY HAVE HOUSES AND MONEY STACHED ABROAD, THEY CARRY FOREIGN PASSPORTS, AND HAVE KEPT THEIR CHILDREN ABROAD, BUT THEY SHOULD PLEASE NOT DESTROY NIGERIA.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by PROXZNADABI(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2012
FG nd d executiv/ministaz nd govern0rx r dsam,da knews nufn dan stealing nd causn mur hardship 2 d po0r mases, dz 5,000 naira n0te is a gud means 4 dam 2 tift again na, wt dz 5,000 n0te da cn kari millions in dia pocket nd it wnt show, al dsam sanusi sinc he kam he has nt bring ani policy dat wl fit d mases, Bleep al dam let dam go 2 hell jaw
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by osisu(m): 8:26am On Sep 05, 2012
Weda dem introduce N5000 note or not dat one no concern me, my problem wit d whole issue and which everyone is not talking about, is the changing of N5, N10 and N20 notes to coin. Let's face it, dat is d real issue here. We, Nigerians as a people don't have d culture of going around wit coins in our pocket, dat is where d inflation problem would come from, cos let's face it nobody likes walking wit coins in their pocket. So d average market woman would have to increase d cost of her goods so she would not have to deal wit coins. That is d problem, not d introduction of N5000 note, cos let's face it, d note would definitely b made. What we should try and prevent is d changing of N5, N10 and N20 to coins.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ballabriggs: 8:27am On Sep 05, 2012
This issue has led me to understand that Nigeria is filled with miseducated people. When you see so called 'Financial Analysts' on TV talk about inflation without a concrete evidence, you want to weep for the country.

Nigeria has a long way to go.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by obicmag(m): 8:28am On Sep 05, 2012
SANUSI is A DISAPPOINTMENT. WHAT IS THE JUSTIFICATION FOR HIS CASHLESS ECONOMY.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by bobby56(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2012
Please if BOKO HARAM, OR NIGER DELTA MILITANTS ARE RECRUITING, LET ME KNOW I WILL APPLY. At least through that I will get my own share of the new 'Nation Destructive and Inflation Aggravating' N5000 note. THANKS. LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!!LONG LIVE MILITANTS!!!!!! DESTRUCTION TO ALL THOSE TRYING TO DESTROY THIS NATION THROUGH UNWARRANTED AND DESTRUCTIVE POLICIES. AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!! FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Rick9(m): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2012
Tunsbobo: Its a good policy if u ask me.....!
how do u mean
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Reptyle(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2012
Dis Guy: Some people dont really know why they are actually opposed to the policy, them just dey rago dey go

Soldier go, soldier come

I do not need a Ph.D in economics to know that re-denominating our currency at this time should not be one of the priorities of this government. There are more pressing issues for this government to address over and above this pointless venture. There are countries in this world that have used the same denominations for decades with no issues...why does this government insist on doing this at this time? Or is there a plan to list this among its list of "achievements" in the near future?
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by gabriel74: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2012
5alive: Price of garri on my mind

Men,i feel you, When we talk about price of Garri ,People get angry.Now the complaining about 5000 Naira note.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Ifeayomi2012(m): 9:52am On Sep 05, 2012
My people dnt u think dat lamido sanusi is a star thief,dis is 2 bad 4 nigeria,y is it dat theif always b our leader,nawa o
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by cctvwizard(m): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2012
this people will brake this nation
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by schorlbone(m): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2012
I just wonder why dis people (govt) will keeping putting forth a killer decisions and we (masses) will just sit here and do nothing but talk talk talk until the so-called policy is actualised. Omo I tire for naija O!

"If you don't av nothing to live for, better find something to die 4"

An increase in the prize of pms is something to die for 4

An increase in the prize of bread is something to die 4

An increase in the prize of garri is also something to die 4

But an increase in the prize of ogogoro is not something to die 4
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 05, 2012
Dis will definitely affect the prize of G isht grin
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Dejiro(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2012
Guess what?
When it's time to list achievements somebody will include this as GEJ's achievement.
Read my lips!

2 Likes

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by firfinch(m): 10:46am On Sep 05, 2012
We need to revalue our currency, Nigeria should learn from Ghana, why are we giant of Africa?
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 05, 2012
LET THEM CONTINUE, AFTERALL ITS THEIR RIGHT.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by jerusalem101: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2012
the worst is yet to come..........o Naija govt
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Enice(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2012
There's a difference between devaluation and redenomination. People keep using the two as one word. Devaluation will lead to inflation while redenomination will not. The value of our currency is determined by the amount of foreign currency our naira is exchanged, not the amount written on the naira note.

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ozor1: 11:26am On Sep 05, 2012
This is how our. DemoCracy look..dey don't even want 2 knw how we feel about their policies..let alone their decisions..1000 naira note no du them na to bring 5k...dey should gv us good reason why dey should go on with this so called policy
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ozor1: 11:32am On Sep 05, 2012
This na small sef make una dey happy cus sannusi dey plan make #100000 note

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister / Pump Price Fraud: We Are Not Involved - Capital Oil And Gas Industries / Buhari Won't Sign Budget Unless National Assembly Provides Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.