Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction (19545 Views)

Under Pressure From Boko Haram, Kidnappers, FG Endorses Militias In States / FG Endorses Cancellation Of Promotion Exams For Civil Servants / FG Endorses Sanusi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by miky(m): 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
obailala: Please, can someone be kind enough to explain to me why/how the N5000 note will destroy our economy/nation?? If the words of CBN are anything to go by, the new N5000 notes will not necessarily be in circulation; just like in the US where they have the $1000 and $10,000 bills (which are however not in circulation)

u dey mind them? the usa even has $100,000 bills
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ZeusI: 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2012
Dis Guy: so these FG are also imcopetent like SLS? how can world renowned economist like Ngozi and Aig agree to this?

All the journalists/e-economist said it will cause inflation and encourage corruption, these world class economist no gree hear word o

So they really are in on this northern agenda Sanusi is selling them cheesy
Sanusi should be hold responsible not Ngozi, Ngozi is nothing more than a minister and an adviser, and a person can choose to ignore an advice given to him/her. Anything that ensued from this move, whether good/bad, should be credited,as long as Nigeria lasts, to Sanusi and Goodluck.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by cmon(m): 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2012
obailala: Please, can someone be kind enough to explain to me why/how the N5000 note will destroy our economy/nation?? If the words of CBN are anything to go by, the new N5000 notes will not necessarily be in circulation; just like in the US where they have the $1000 and $10,000 bills (which are however not in circulation)

And who told you the N5000 bill won't circulate? What can you do with N5000 compared to $1000?

The new bills will be in circulation the next day!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 2mch(m): 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2012

Believe it or not, it wasn’t just to save space in fatcats’ wallets. When the Treasury started printing these giant bills, their main purpose was making transfer payments between banks and other financial institutions. Before sophisticated wire transfer systems were fully developed, it was apparently easier and safer just to fork over a $5,000 bill to settle up with a fellow bank. Once transfer technology became safer and more secure, there really wasn’t much need for the big bills anymore
Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/44861#ixzz25XLuBFMe
--brought to you by mental_floss!

Are you trying to tell me Nigeria does not have an effective wire transfer system? Are you trying to tell me our banking system is as bad as it was in the 1940's? Besides you cannot compare our system with the US's financial system in which their level of debt defies all odds. They determine a lot of financial policies globally, and know how to protect their economy. So yes, they will allow the normal laws of economics to fall hard on our currency. There is a reason why these notes are not available to regular individual and are rare. Stop lying please.This anti people policy by GEJ is treason. Your oga is daft.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
wahala dey o no b small
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ZeusI: 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
Billyonaire: [size=15pt]I HATE COINS !!![/size]
Think again.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by tunnytox(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
Government of the clueless by the clueless for the clueless
Imagine tuning 50 and 100 Naira to coins? what a clueless idea!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Genius100: 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
centje: mr genius,do you have proof that the project will do otherwise...
If not STFU at once.

Guy, when the N1,000 was introduced, it did not cause inflation. Currency redenominations have been performed in virtually all countries and there has been no evidence that it leads to inflation. You clowns need to go find something worthwhile to cry about. Instead of you guys demonstrating over corruption that has essentially denied all Nigerians access to what they're entitled to, you're here crying over a non issue.

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Slyp: 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
I ve always try as much as possible not use an abusive words on Gej
but now he kinda bush me. despite the fact that more than 90 percent of Nigerians were against this proposal yet federal govt. still went ahead to endose it. Our nation is indeed finished, honestly I doubt the future of this country. This people shouldn't forget that when you bush someone to the wall the only option left for such person is to fight back.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
Zeus I: Sanusi should be hold responsible not Ngozi, Ngozi is nothing more than a minister and an adviser, and a person can choose to ignore an advice given to him/her. Anything that ensued from this move, whether good/bad, should be credited,as long as Nigeria lasts, to Sanusi and Goodluck.

They're the rainbow brite gang and they're all in this mess together... Bunch of uneducated and medieval simpletons... Those fools with paper certificates are mortgaging the future of Nigerians and their kids away, and people are too scared to protest, or say NO to this madness.

They're all incompetent - and that world bank portfolio and Ph.D crap is for the birds... Why are Nigerians so gullible and medieval? You lot know your problems and you know that Nigeria is a unique country with unique problems, that can only be solved by intelligent people who understand the terrain. Yet you keep voting and drumming support silly people, based on tribal affiliation and western imposition..

Nigeria is messed up and Nigerians are crazy lot.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Adagba1: 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
I have no blame for sanusi,i blame gej because he has the power to stop it but he endorsed it.(fresh air,i voted for gej not pdp)
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by AZeD1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
miky:

u dey mind them? the usa even has $100,000 bills
If you introduced a daily withdrawal limit of N500,000 which large transaction are they talking about that they need N5000 note? The $100,000 bill was never for the general public while the other large notes $500 and above was last printed in 1945.... So give us a recent example oga

2 Likes

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by miky(m): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
Slyp: I ve always try as much as possible not use an abusive words on Gej
but now he kinda bush me. despite the fact that more than 90 percent of Nigerians were against this proposal yet federal govt. still went ahead to endose it. Our nation is indeed finished, honestly I doubt the future of this country. This people shouldn't forget that when you bush someone to the wall the only option left for such person is to fight back.

is it push ur calling bush?? those people crying about this non issue have no idea what they are crying about.. is just old cliche redundant rubbish!!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
The solution to Nigeria's madness is OIL BLOCKADE and CENTRAL BANK SANCTIONS... Maybe then, Nigerians would start looking inwards to find solutions to their unique problems... Failure to do that would lead to starvation...

If Iran and China could be able to look inwards after blockade and sanctions, Nigeria should also be able to do that..
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
Naija is doomed 4ever....
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by hassey(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
ITbomb: The federal government Tuesday formally endorsed the introduction of the 5,000 naira note introduction despite the criticism that has greeted its introduction.

In a meeting of the Economic Managament Team chaired by President Goodluck Jonathan, the CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido gave a detailed explanation of the programme.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/fg-okays-introduction-of-5000-naira-note/
I knw rite frm tym dat it will b dificult for sanusi to take a step of ds nature witout invoving key players like gej and ngozi. Our president shud b blaim 4 ds. Cus he can stop him.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by miky(m): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
A-ZeD:

If you introduced a daily withdrawal limit of N500,000 which large transaction are they talking about that they need N5000 note? The $100,000 bill was never for the general public while the other large notes $500 and above was last printed in 1945.... So give us a recent example oga

those large bills are used in within the federal reserve institutions in the usa.. of course no one walks with 100,000 bills in the usa!!! u can carry on using 1000 and 500, i doubt u will come across anyone carrying the 5000 note..
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by oladapoa1(m): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ghana-most-go tins ll be abolished...its going to be wallet hike
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Elueme: 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2012
I still don't get how this note will destroy our economy.. As much as I don't subscribe t o the new denominations especially coins I don't see how it will aid our corrupt leaders in looting more than they are currently doing. Do u need naira notes to inflate contract or mk fake subsidy claims? Other countries have far higher denominations of their currencies and their economy hasn't scrumbled.. We should state what the real grouse is and stop pegging it on shallow excuses.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ismhab(m): 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
floridam: Someone with #18,000 minimum wage salary will be given just 3 of the #5000 note and 3 of #1000 notes for a whole month ?
LOL
AND SO, THE P OF G IS THE SAME, IT WILL NEVER COME DOWN.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 2mch(m): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
Elueme: I still don't get how this note will destroy our economy.. As much as I don't subscribe t o the new denominations especially coins I don't see how it will aid our corrupt leaders in looting more than they are currently doing. Do u need naira notes to inflate contract or mk fake subsidy claims? Other countries have far higher denominations of their currencies and their economy hasn't scrumbled.. We should state what the real grouse is and stop pegging it on shallow excuses.

With higher denominations comes inflation. Do you think developed countries are fools? If it was a matter of how much money to handle, would they not have predated us in issuing 1 million dollar notes? Now the price of everything is going to increase drastically, and we have the same level of income. It is also going to devalue our currency on the international market. Your purchasing power vs international markets will be much lower as people have less confidence in your currency. It all has to do with how people will view your currency. Issuing higher notes creates a panic in the currency market, the trickle down effect is inflation. undecided.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Policewoman(f): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
vire: people should stop crying about this and cry more when you hear BONDS are been sold or when you hear about what our fractional reserve ratio is... angry angry angry redenomination of a currency is not a bad idea....but devaluing our currency from month to months via BONDS is the real problem angry angry angry
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Flyingngel(m): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
9ja needs prayer because one day we will all wake to behold a new country call NIBABWE. Which every body will b carry whell barrow full with money to buy a bag of sachet water.

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by taharqa: 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
3 Pages and not single person have put forward a single ECONOMIC reason why this is a bad move. You keep hearing abut the introduction causing inflation yet no DATA is presented to shore up the argument; in fact, the DATA both here in Nigeria and in more advanced Economies, show little or no correlation between Inflation and Currency Denomination. Most of the arguments(if you can actually call the opposition an argument) against the policy are just anti-intellectual- just unbridled expressions of EMOTION and FEAR, Period. Imagine some persons "arguing" that the introduction of #5, #10, #20 coins would mean that products sold for say #10 would sell for #50 cos "Nigerians do not like coins"(that the present notes and the proposed coins would run side-by-side till the transition is effected is lost on them ). We also have some persons "arguing" that products/services presently going for say #4500 would be rounded up to #5000 as there are no items selling for #9400, #460 and #60 presently.

...by the way, it is my opinion that the policy be suspended, not cos of any ECONOMIC reasons but STRATEGIC ones- this govt should know that it can not afford too much distractions on policies without much over-arching benefits so as to FOCUS on more IMPORTANT issues. Suspend the policy, FOCUS on other some other CRITICAL ones and reintroduce it later(maybe in 2014).
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Biggyd2: 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ehen, what is new? CBN confirmed a few days back that they have blessings of the presidency a few days back, didn't they?

Mr. Okoroafor(of CBN) said "... He confirmed that no consultation was made to major stakeholders on the initiative before obtaining the Presidential blessings, but expressed confidence that a successful buy-in by Nigerians would be recorded before next year flowing from the sensitization exercise"

"http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97314:no-going-back-on-n5000-note-says-cbn&catid=1:national&Itemid=559.

One day soon, Nigerians("supposed" employer) will get tired of their rulers(employees) who exercise powers beyond that given them. Then we shall begin to have some form of sanity in this country.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by jamp: 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
grin
floridam: Someone with #18,000 minimum wage salary will be given just 3 of the #5000 note and 3 of #1000 notes for a whole month ?
LOL
They will give the person four notes and ask him/her to bring change
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by taharqa: 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
2mch:

With higher denominations comes inflation. Do you think developed countries are fools? If it was a matter of how much money to handle, would they not have predated us in issuing 1 million dollar notes? Now the price of everything is going to increase drastically, and we have the same level of income. It is also going to devalue our currency on the international market. Your purchasing power vs international markets will be much lower as people have less confidence in your currency. It all has to do with how people will view your currency. Issuing higher notes creates a panic in the currency market, the trickle down effect is inflation. undecided.

My friend with due respect, you are just ranting. Where is the DATA suggsting that "With higher denominations comes inflation" or ny of the other things you claimed above? Stop doing "Street talk" plz
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by faragai24: 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
It was the same man who said subsidy removal will better the life of the masses, look at how the common man iis suffering today. I am sure this man was contracted by foreing countries to instigate hardship to nigerians.

Annyway what is the wayout?
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Gozzzy(m): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
GEJ and his cronies are out to destroy our Nigeria..... Let him be careful.... Let him remember abacha,mobutu sese seko, and others,that feel lyk they can destroy their nations!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 2mch(m): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
taharqa:

My friend with due respect, you are just ranting. Where is the DATA suggsting that "With higher denominations comes inflation" or ny of the other things you claimed above? Stop doing "Street talk" plz

Look, you are dumb. Go to school or do your own research. if from my post you did not get anything, i cannot help you. An ignorant idiot arguing what he doesnt know anything about. STFU. You dont know you devalue your own currency by issuing higher notes? EWU

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Genius100: 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
2mch:

Dude, stop being ignorant. Everybody in the USA use $100 bills, which is equivalent to N16,000. Ghana uses a 50 cedi bill which is equivalent to about N7500. What are you on about? If you ignorant about something, at least ne honest enough to know and say you are ignorant. Please show us the study that links higher notes to inflation..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari, Not Tinubu Chose Gbajabiamila For Speaker - El-Rufai. / Anti-IPOB Protesters Storm National Assembly / Tinubu’s Cabinet: SWAGA Expresses Displeasure Over Exclusion Of Its Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.