Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? (34398 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Is It Disrespectful For A Wife To Expect Her Husband To Help With Chores? / Why do Ladies become disrespectful to their Inlaws after Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by coogar: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa:
Btw i see no reason why i should own two phones when one can serve for whatever purpose i want.

afam is a typical nigerian - he carries 9 phones with him at the same time.
mgbeke oaf!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Cityguy: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva: [size=14pt]Is it Disrespectful for your spouse to barge in when you're stark N*aked?[/size]
yes
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
Cityguy:
yes

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: Okay now you are sounding like you don't know what else to say.

Someone who goes through your personal phone will definitely go through an office phone, unless you want to tell me one should leave the supposed office phone in the office?

Btw i see no reason why i should own two phones when one can serve for whatever purpose i want.
What will you be doing with your office phone at home except you want to commit fraud. There's time for everything. Time to work and time to be at home. Btw, most business phones are not mobile.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I did answer this question . . . . . Trust does not in anyway say you cannot read the books you spouse reads cause if you are genuinely interested in learning what your spouse is reading, or you cannot join the same open groups your spouse in in or you cannot read text messages on your spouses phones. If anything, you owe your spouse that much to try to stay up to date on what is going on in his or her life.

Back when I was a kid(there were no cell phones or internet those days) my dad would go through my dad's diary to make sure that he was up to date on what he needed to accomplish for the day, documents he needed to sign and mail etc. She would suggest to run some of the errands or help him pick up some of the books he needs at the library for that day etc. My dad was worked hard at running his own business on the side, but it helped a lot that my mum was willing to learn about his daily life and what needed to be done next so she was able to help move things forward, more than he could have done on his own. She learned quite a lot about the business and his schedule that way, without him having to sit her down every day to give her a lecture on what he had planned for that day.

That, to me, is how marriage ought to work. You don't need to wait for a daily UPDATE meeting for you to proactively try to be INSYNC with the person you are ONE with. You do what you need to do in order to sync up so the marriage, and other things work more smoothly.
Walahi Kobo you are shifting from what is being discussed here.

A phone and diary are quite different in many ways, in this era someone who has lots of businesses or whatever to handle with his phone will not need a remainder or wife snooping through his phone to make sure he has everything up to date, he will definitely see\hear when an sms comes in and will thus read it to know what's up.

You don't have to snoop through someone's phone to be up to date on their life, simple.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by coogar: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Have I ever told you that you argue like an ODI? Well I have now. Below is what I said on this, on page 3

you are chatting nonsense as usual.......i don't need to have a business secret before i attach importance to my phone. if my associates wish i keep their messages secret, it shall be kept secret.... you don't have to agree with me but when people move posts in a debate such as this, it makes them look weak-minded! kobojunkie, you are weakminded!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Exponental(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
It is not.
But I think she wants to kill herself if she does dat.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: Walahi Kobo you are shifting from what is being discussed here.

A phone and diary are quite different in many ways, in this era someone who has lots of businesses or whatever to handle with his phone will not need a remainder or wife snooping through his phone to make sure he has everything up to date, he will definitely see\hear when an sms comes in and will thus read it to know what's up.

You don't have to snoop through someone's phone to be up to date on their life, simple.

Anywho, I think I have more than made my point clear here.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva:
What will you be doing with your office phone at home except you want to commit fraud. There's time for everything. Time to work and time to be at home. Btw, most business phones are not mobile.
Chei Afam you dey fall hands o.

So people don't handle some office stuffs from home sometimes? I don't need to tell you how many times my dad gives directives on office issues from the house.

Ever heard of emergency cases especially in the medical line before?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by coogar: 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva:

logic evades this boy - you lack exposure, you need to be out more and learn not everyone carries 3 phones at a time! a professional with a single phone would take calls anywhere and at anytime.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Anywho, I think I have more than made my point clear here.
Before nko how phone and diary take be exactly the same thing? Hian.

My sister no be must say we go agree cheesy.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

logic evades this boy - you lack exposure, you need to be out more and learn not everyone carries 3 phones at a time! a professional with a single phone would take calls anywhere and at anytime.
You're coogar that lives inside the forest so i don't expect you to understand these things...
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by alons: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
when the trust is their, i dont think any thing is wrong with it
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: Before nko how phone and diary take be exactly the same thing? Hian.

My sister no be must say we go agree cheesy.

I am not your sister. I never said anywhere you had to agree with me.

For me, the cell phone you have today replaces diaries from the past where many also believed it was disrespectful for others to read it. If you do not think that way of them, that is OK by me. All I have done is make my point in all this.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva:
You're coogar that lives inside the forest so i don't expect you to understand these things...
Leave talk joor, na you no understand the thing cheesy
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

My on call number is my mobile phone, my hubby uses his as well for business. I said this before coogar, that some clients we meet everyday are close friends or friends of friends directed to us. Have you not associated with a friends friend before?

People don't get it, some people we meet in our daily lives were either referred to us by someone very close to us or are people we have known all our lives. I use my phone for everything, I will not carry more than one phone. It never has been my kind of thing
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am not your sister. I never said anywhere you had to agree with me.

For me, the cell phone you have today replaces diaries from the past where many also believed it was disrespectful for others to read it. If you do not think that way of them, that is OK by me. All I have done is make my point in all this.
Junkie junkie no be quarrel na, calling you my sister doesn't translate to mean that na my mama born you and i'm sure you know that so pipe low abeg grin

I also made my point clear, its that simple.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Cityguy: 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Here is another thing that bothers me about the above . . . the Police will pick up that same phone and go through it without no consideration to who you think you are. The FBI or security agents can not tap into your phone in real time and access whatever it wants. But your wife(your life partner and the one you have sworn your soul to) should never do it? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
i'm nt married to police or fbi
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by coogar: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
jennykadry:

My on call number is my mobile phone, my hubby uses his as well for business. I said this before coogar, that some clients we meet everyday are close friends or friends of friends directed to us. Have you not associated with a friends friend before?

People don't get it, some people we meet in our daily lives were either referred to us by someone very close to us or are people we have known all our lives. I use my phone for everything, I will not carry more than one phone. It never has been my kind of thing

of course, i understand how this works and I am sure afam understands too but he's deliberately being obtuse to save face! most people can't carry more than a phone at a time - only nigerians like afam can muster such nonsense!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
jennykadry: People don't get it, some people we meet in our daily lives were either referred to us by someone very close to us or are people we have known all our lives. I use my phone for everything, I will not carry more than one phone. It never has been my kind of thing

I don't think it is the case that we don't get it, as you claim there. I for one wonder if you are doing it right. When I am onsite(working from the office), I have a separate phone that clients call me on. I can opt for a separate mobile but I prefer keeping work at work so I can have my life outside of the office for things that have little or nothing to do with work.

Now I understand that sometimes my boss could call me on my private phone or send me a text for me to come in or do some work on the weekend. That is fine however that person understands that since he/she is calling my private line, the office rules don't apply on my private phone. If a partner finds out about the text, I can simply explain that it is work related without needing to go into so much detail.

Now, again, this is my way of dealing with about the same issues.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar: too many private stuff from mates and friends - they wouldn't want their private life exposed to a 3rd party! we all swore an oath of secrecy to protect what's being sent on our devices diligently! cool

these same friends should clearly understand that the day you got married, their secret information could be shared with your spouse, as you guys became ONE. if they continue sharing such information with you, then they must take full responsibility for that, NOT your wife.
also how could you still put your buddy over wifey AFTER MARRIAGE? are you saying that in the balance, the bond that you share with your wife is less important than what you share with your buddies?

that's exactly my point -
in order to prevent her from seeing what she's not supposed to see, then it makes sense to bar her from seeing anything at all. if she trusts me enough, she shouldn't get any anxiety about not being able to read my messages. mind, i don't check hers too and that should be enough compensation!

....and jeopardize the bond/trust you guys share as a married couple?! kai, thats harsh!

there are many facets to a man's life! overall, my wife would still know me more than anyone else. however, there are few things my friends know about me that my wife can never know.....

pls, redirect your love and affection to your buddies.....or better yet, marry them, as i certainly dont understand why you would want to marry someone, and still keep some things from your life private to that said person. but hey, thats just me, i guess to each their own!

nothing that goes through a wife/husband's ears is off limit to their partner, NADA! unless it is something that has to do with secrecy at work etc.....but buddies stuff, HELL to the NO?!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
Cityguy:
i'm nt married to police or fbi

Good for you, but should the police, and FBI, know more about you, than the person YOU ARE supposedly one with? I don't know of you, but that would bother me.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Insecure people are inquisitive as well. If you trust your partner..why are you reading her texts? If she have her phone laying around...how is she hiding

If the phone is unlock and all you have to do is touch the screen...how is she hiding If she is sitting next to you having a conversation whether it is by text or voice...how is she hiding

Keep justifying insecurity....it won't go away.
once upon atime I was dating a lady. I gave a 100% trust. 1 day, I just decided 2 check her messages & I was shocked 2 discover dat she's cheating. I asked her & she confessed. If I v not done this act, how ll I know dat she was about 2 give me virus. If I had kept on trusting & trusting & feeling secured, na so she go just arrange for my money or give me a STD. U just have 2 check ur spouse's msg atimes.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't think it is the case that we don't get it, as you claim there. I for one wonder if you are doing it right. When I am onsite(working from the office), I have a separate phone that clients call me on. I can opt for a separate mobile but I prefer keeping work at work so I can have my life outside of the office for things that have little or nothing to do with work.

Now I understand that sometimes my boss could call me on my private phone or send me a text for me to come in or do some work on the weekend. That is fine however that person understands that since he/she is calling my private line, the office rules don't apply on my private phone. If a partner finds out about the text, I can simply explain that it is work related without needing to go into so much detail.

Keep wondering if I am doing it right, doesn't change the price of garrrrri in the market. I repeat, our work are completely different, things you do aren't always the right things to relax and stop judging others, you are not perfect yourself. Maybe you choose not to get it or you REALLY DON'T GET IT. My work is the type of work that even if i decide to get a work phone, it cannot be left behind in the office, everything comes back with me.

When emergency situations arise, I need to have it with me, when I am needed I need to have it with me, so yes I can not bloody leave my phone behind like you do
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by tracyxx: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
Well its nt disrespectful if d couple are free with dem selves n trust exis between them.
Talking about insecurity,this exist when there is distrust and reading your spouse SMS with dis attitude will be disrespectful because he/she will be uncomfortable
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa:
once upon atime I was dating a lady. I gave a 100% trust. 1 day, I just decided 2 check her messages & I was shocked 2 discover dat she's cheating. I asked her & she confessed. If I v not done this act, how ll I know dat she was about 2 give me virus. If I had kept on trusting & trusting & feeling secured, na so she go just arrange for my money or give me a STD. U just have 2 check ur spouse's msg atimes.

^^^^the fact that you settled for the wrong person in the past, is not a reason to change your life. BLAME yourself for trusting someone that was untrustworthy! checking your future gf's sms because your past gf was a slut is a s crazy as a gal not trust you or give you coochie because her ex did something wrong to her.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
jennykadry:

Keep wondering if I am doing it right, doesn't change the price of garrrrri in the market. I repeat, our work are completely different, things you do aren't always the right things to relax and stop judging others, you are not perfect yourself. Maybe you choose not to get it or you REALLY DON'T GET IT. My work is the type of work that even if i decide to get a work phone, it cannot be left behind in the office, everything comes back with me.

When emergency situations arise, I need to have it with me, when I am needed I need to have it with me, so yes I can not bloody leave my phone behind like you do

Like I said,
Kobojunkie:
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
tracyxx: Well its nt disrespectful if d couple are free with dem selves n trust exis between them.
[b]Talking about insecurity,this exist when there is distrust and reading your spouse SMS with dis attitude will be disrespectful [/b]because he/she will be uncomfortable

grin
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Like I said,

Exactly, it doesn't make it better than others and please consider other people's profession when making some statements.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
jennykadry:

Exactly, it doesn't make it better than others and please consider other people's profession when making some statements.

Again , that is what I said . . . .
Kobojunkie:
Nowhere in all that did I posit that my way is the right way .
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by freecocoa(f): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
This is getting ridiculous(what does that word mean sef)

Kwa kwa kwa grin grin grin

undecided
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again , that is what I said . . . .
Nowhere in all that did I posit that my way is the right way .

Then stop wondering if I am doing things right. I haven't critiqued your own way of doing things so yes, stop critiquing mine

It's in your post I quoted. Stop wondering kobo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Please Help This Lady Find Her Brother / The Mathematics Of Marriage, By Pastor Adeboye / The Awkward Truth About Nigerian Husbands..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.