Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? (34388 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Is It Disrespectful For A Wife To Expect Her Husband To Help With Chores? / Why do Ladies become disrespectful to their Inlaws after Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
jennykadry:

Then stop wondering if I am doing things right. I haven't critiqued your own way of doing things so yes, stop critiquing mine

It's in your post I quoted. Stop wondering kobo

I don't think I will stop wondering. I wonder if the way you are doing it is right . . . and I never stated that mine is right either. Why let that get to you?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't think I will stop wondering. I wonder if the way you are doing it is right . . . and I never stated that mine is right either. Why let that get to you?

Wait. I will answer your question in 10 minutes
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Dubemkelly(m): 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
Very very disrespectful nd uncool,no matter how close u guys r,stay @ur pace in issues dt concern wt PHONES 2 avoid complications,datz y I love my mum die,if my dad's phone rings incessantly she's not ready 2 pick until my dad consents she does...Datz wat I call deserved respect,being too nosey doesn't pay cos u might get d wrong info n get urself hurt
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by coogar: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY:
these same friends should clearly understand that the day you got married, their secret information could be shared with your spouse, as you guys became ONE. if they continue sharing such information with you, then they must take full responsibility for that, NOT your wife.
also how could you still put your buddy over wifey AFTER MARRIAGE? are you saying that in the balance, the bond that you share with your wife is less important than what you share with your buddies?

mrbrownjay, you are misinterpreting this.....i have not put my buddies over my wife, it's a different case if I share her secrets with my friends and i don't let her into theirs. i respect each and everyone's privacy! if the sender of any message wishes it to be for my eyes only then so shall it be!

....and jeopardize the bond/trust you guys share as a married couple?! kai, thats harsh!

jeopardy? i don't check her phone - why isnt that jeopardising the bond/trust we share? grin

pls, redirect your love and affection to your buddies.....or better yet, marry them, as i certainly dont understand why you would want to marry someone, and still keep some things from your life private to that said person. but hey, thats just me, i guess to each their own!

like i have said, my wife still knows me more overall but there are tiny weeny bits about me she does not know that my friends know! this principle, i am sure, applies to her as well!

nothing that goes through a wife/husband's ears is off limit to their partner, NADA! unless it is something that has to do with secrecy at work etc.....but buddies stuff, HELL to the NO?!

stop deceiving yourself.....

"A man of sense only trifles with women, plays with them, humours and flatters them, as he does with a sprightly and forward child; but he neither consults them about, nor trusts them with serious matters."
                  Lord Chesterfield
                  (1694 - 1773)
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^the fact that you settled for the wrong person in the past, is not a reason to change your life. BLAME yourself for trusting someone that was untrustworthy! checking your future gf's sms because your past gf was a slut is a s crazy as a gal not trust you or give you coochie because her ex did something wrong to her.
hey calm down man, I never knew she could do something lyk dat. People do change u know, & she trusted me 2. But it just happened dat she started dating another person & I just discovered thru a msg which she probably 4got 2 delete. Moreso, I didnt write dat I still check my present partner's msgs. But 1 thing is certain, atimes its better 2 check those messages. FMJ!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by joanana(f): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
If u don trust ur partner .... n u always suspect that he/she is cheating on u, u will just die of heart attack. Its not right cos sms is personal n there boundaries wink
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Maybe it's because you're shy but that's the way to go...btw, doesn't your husband see your anus when you're naked?

Anus between my bootycheeks are different than my bootycheeks. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
fittty: undecided

THEN YOU HAVE 1001 THINGS TO HIDE, AS FOR ME, MY PHONE IS OPEN TO ALL, A WISE PERSON SHOLUD KNOW THE FILESM THAT ARE PRIVATE TO NAVIGATE TO , UNLESS UNDER PERMISSION.

AS FOR ME , IN MARRIAGE OR R/SHIP CERTAINLY THAT WILL LEAD TO MARRIAGE, I AS WHAT ARE YOU HIDDING, THERE IS NO TRANSPARENCY, THEN BOTH OF YOU ARE NOT ONE, YOU ARE NOT BETTER HALF, YOU ARE NOT COMPLETING EACH OTHER. EACH WERWE ALREADY COMPLTE BEFORE MARRIAGE AND SO INVARIABLY MARRIED WITH A DIFFERENT REASON FROM GOD'S PURPOSE FOR ORDAINING MARRIGE INSTITUTION,
INFACT , MARRIAGE ARE FOR MATURED MINDS NOT MATURE AGE.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Anus between my bootycheeks are different than my bootycheeks. tongue tongue tongue
So, you don't open your legs when you guys are at it? You also don't do it from behind?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva:
So, you don't open your legs when you guys are at it? You also don't do it from behind?

Afam....even YOU don't look at the woman that you are screwing anus while doing doggy style.

Come on man!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS:

THEN YOU HAVE 1001 THINGS TO HIDE, AS FOR ME, MY PHONE IS OPEN TO ALL, A WISE PERSON SHOLUD KNOW THE FILESM THAT ARE PRIVATE TO NAVIGATE TO , UNLESS UNDER PERMISSION.

AS FOR ME , IN MARRIAGE OR R/SHIP CERTAINLY THAT WILL LEAD TO MARRIAGE, I AS WHAT ARE YOU HIDDING, THERE IS NO TRANSPARENCY, THEN BOTH OF YOU ARE NOT ONE, YOU ARE NOT BETTER HALF, YOU ARE NOT COMPLETING EACH OTHER. EACH WERWE ALREADY COMPLTE BEFORE MARRIAGE AND SO INVARIABLY MARRIED WITH A DIFFERENT REASON FROM GOD'S PURPOSE FOR ORDAINING MARRIGE INSTITUTION,
INFACT , MARRIAGE ARE FOR MATURED MINDS NOT MATURE AGE.

That is a good word to use . . . . TRANSPARENCY!!
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by MrsChima1(f): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
It is scary to see the high level of snooping a spouse will go through just to please their insecurity. If you have any suspicious the best thing to do is talk to your spouse head first before doing something that you will regret.

Secondly...many spouses have phones that were given to them for work....if a client send a message to that phone and you decides to snoop then not only you will be the breadwinner but your relationship will shake.

Please don't say that you won't snoop through work phones..because if you can snoop through personal phones....work phones is no different.

So sad.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Mcolam(m): 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
ok how would u react wen u see ur spouse sent txt to anoda man/wman and av it deleted frm his/her fone?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Afam....even YOU don't look at the woman that you are screwing anus while doing doggy style.

Come on man!
At least it will be there for you to see if you want to.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Bluemoon1(f): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
of course not..except i hv something to hide.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by AyaSammy(f): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
Adikam: A bad girl wount allow that like wise a bad man.the day my wife or gf wil start hiding her phone from me wil be the day my love for her wil start fading.b4 she go giv me anoda man virus

Is that your marital status? "married with Girl Friend" of cos they both need to hide their phones, LOL
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by vanitty: 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
So if you take offence to people reading your messages, how about listening to voicemails on home land phones, who is the 'owner' of that one? How is it different?!

If he likes read, if I like read, I don't care. That is the least of my worries, that barely register on my radar of things to worry about to be honest.

Then again I don't have any privacy issues "work ethic" to upheld and also anything 'private' a friend tells me, you should automatically conclude that I will tell my hubby and trust me, your secret or whatever is safe with him, he won't treat you any different but If you don't want me to tell him then don't tell me. Simple.

I don't have to tell him everything but my mouth can run away with me one day when we are gisting and I spill your "private" information and I don't want any guilt on my conscience.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
Well!I can chant my hubby's text messages from the dinning room to the bathroom while he showers.I can equally just tell him the content without him bordering to see for himself.He can do same to mine.Hey!don't get upset,that's how we run our show.Did I mention we know every contact in each others phone?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Imagineers: 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
Phone or no phone, if someone is bent on fucking you up you can be easily fooled. My friend has a lady the husband picks up the phone thinking the man is the one protecting the wife, come and see the millions of 'Thank you Sir"
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
byvan: Well!I can chant my hubby's text messages from the dinning room to the bathroom while he showers.I can equally just tell him the content without him bordering to see for himself.He can do same to mine.Hey!don't get upset,that's how we run our show.Did I mention we know every contact in each others phone?

That is the kind of relationship I like.. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by ddippset(m): 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
i keep hearing this crap about trust all my life. those men that cheat on their women, arent they from our planet? or are they aliens or angels? those women that cheat on their men in our world are they aliens or angels as well? do they not claim to trust each other? aren't we supposed not to trust even our own selves? do you expect me to be with my lady's phone and a call comes in and i look the other way and pass her the phone? or she receives an sms with the phone in my hand and i pass it to her without reading it first? you kidding me or what? she would always say to me 'baby pls who's texting' or 'who's calling?'

2 Likes

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by floflo12: 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
Its not disrespectful to check,but it has to be a two way thing,i.e she can always check yours too,thats what i call trust.As for me sha,my gf always check my txt message when she feels like and i always check hers too sometimes.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Cypost: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
me think is unnecessary, i once witnessed a situation where a wife read her oga messages and forgot to tell him,
it almost cost them something because the sms notification was no longer there when he picked up the phone.

the truth is, no matter how u love ur spouse you are still different individuals.
there are things u will not want her to know not because u have ulterior motive but to
protect her or even surprise her later.
People who atimes profess undying love and open door policy trying at all times to
prove the have nothing to hide are usually the one that have skeletons in their cupboard.
allowing ur spouse to read sms/ answer ur calls no guarantee say u no fit hide/code things from him

anywhere, it is a topical issue , so opinion will vary and there will be no one cap fit all
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by warrior01: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva:
As it concerns your profession and it's ethics, i don't expect you to share those with your husband.
Gosh!!! How many mouths you get self? Betterstill, I still can't fathom out why you're finding to know that it is utterly wrong to read someone's sms without their permission.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
It's disrespectful, in every sense of the word. No if's or but's, privacy should be respected, even between married couples.
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by coogar: 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
Siena: It's disrespectful, in every sense of the word. No if's or but's, privacy should be respected, even between married couples.

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by dayokanu(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Many ppl send different kind of text messages to me which I wont want my spouse to read.

E.g My dad complaining about my mom or vice versa, My mom reporting my siblings to me, My friend telling me about his new girlfriend, My colleagues sharing an office joke etc

There are personal reason why I wont want my wife to know about whats going on in the scenarios above

When In school My dad pays fees, feeding and what he deems necesary, Its my mom we mostly go to meet for other stuffs like clothes , shoes, watches, phones

I wont want my dad reading a text intended for my mom about how I need to buy clothes and shoes. If my mom should hide such text, Does she mean she is cheating with me and my siblings?
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by kemifemi: 12:01am On Sep 06, 2012
;DVery funny how we deceive ourselves. For married couples,there's no reason why you should not take each others call/read texts.
I pick my husband's calls except the ones that come 2ru his official phone.
You sold your privacy to each other the day u said I do!
You can have sex and touch her bobbie but u can't take his/her calls.
I dey laff o

1 Like

Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by fortyfeet(m): 12:02am On Sep 06, 2012
its not. but i will be quick to add, that it is the surest way to look for trouble where you can find it. don't do that even by her permission.
"you never know with women"
Re: Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS? by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Sep 06, 2012
dayokanu: Many ppl send different kind of text messages to me which I wont want my spouse to read.

E.g My dad complaining about my mom or vice versa, My mom reporting my siblings to me, My friend telling me about his new girlfriend, My colleagues sharing an office joke etc

There are personal reason why I wont want my wife to know about whats going on in the scenarios above

When In school My dad pays fees, feeding and what he deems necesary, Its my mom we mostly go to meet for other stuffs like clothes , shoes, watches, phones

I wont want my dad reading a text intended for my mom about how I need to buy clothes and shoes. If my mom should hide such text, Does she mean she is cheating with me and my siblings?

Your dad is not sharing your body with you. Your dad is in no way directly affected by decisions you make in life. Neither is your mom. Your wife is not your friend. Your PERSONAL is someone else's PERSONAL and that is your wife . . so find better excuses and reason bo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Please Help This Lady Find Her Brother / The Mathematics Of Marriage, By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.