Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? (3229 Views)

Ten (10) Shocking Hidden Truths In Christendom. / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome / Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? by AbdHafeez1(m): 5:36am On Sep 09, 2012
alstacs:

I appreciate the fact that you are open and liberal, the concept of searching for just verses is dangerous however. Books, and more importantly holy books, are to be interpreted in context rather than in verses isolation. People that interpret and rely on sentences and verses in isolation may easily get misled and may become dangerous to the religion which they practice.

....just saying...
Of course,thats right.Me saying a verse doesn't mean the scriptural evidence must be a verse alone and also there tend to be that verse that the whole chapter is based on.
Re: Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? by Bella3(f): 6:39am On Sep 09, 2012
Abd'Hafeez:

You asked me if I read preceeding verses and I said I do.Nowhere did I say I don't read the whole chapter.
Morever,you also quoted Gen 2:24,isn't that a verse?
its a verse quoted in context. You dnt even understand what u're reading
Re: Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? by AbdHafeez1(m): 7:00am On Sep 09, 2012
BĂ©lla3: its a verse quoted in context. You dnt even understand what u're reading
and you think I quoted mine out of context?quit beating about the bush.If you think you understand it,can you please explain what Deutronomy 21:15 means?,in context of of course.
Re: Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 09, 2012
Have always known the motive of the OP isn't to learn or understand "why", as that's his question but to mock other religion in an unintelligent manner. You know nothing but poo about christianity, all you arguments has been baseless and not worth been responded to.

Why is polygamy not allowed in christaindom- because its against the preaching of our lord Jesus.

What else do you want to hear?

I just can't but wonder why islam is not tolerant of other religion? Well, guess we all know why. -Inferiority complex
Re: Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
wiegraf:

What's with these high levels of maturity I'm getting from you? On nairaland? smiley
I apologize if I was a little rude. Thank $deity for tech so people can communicate and deal with some of the sillier aspects of various cultures, we can now see the other side of the story more clearly. And I think all asian music is corny smiley, but the end of that video was really good, thanks.
Also, if you haven't read that link I posted earlier, don't.(no, seriously, There's a....surprise at the end )

@okey, yeah you guys can do whatever you want with your christianity of course, but there are human rights issues at play here also. That's my concern. It seems though this is more a christian/muslim thread, so I'll back off.

ah its ok i am rude too most of the time. haha at Asian music. there is some other weird Asian music doing the round these days (you mus have heard of that KOrean "Gangam style" ). yes i didnt have the time to read the link. good to hear your sensible replies. The Gods guide us all.
Re: Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? by AbdHafeez1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
ondo_boi: Have always known the motive of the OP isn't to learn or understand "why", as that's his question but to mock other religion in an unintelligent manner. You know nothing but poo about christianity, all you arguments has been baseless and not worth been responded to.

Why is polygamy not allowed in christaindom- because its against the preaching of our lord Jesus.

What else do you want to hear?

I just can't but wonder why islam is not tolerant of other religion? Well, guess we all know why. -Inferiority complex
I find your choice of words really appalling,but i'm not gonna respond.
What preaching of Jesus christ(pbuh) if I may ask?
Re: Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? by God2man(m): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2012
Let's learn from this thread:
www.nairaland.com/964807/consequences-polygamy

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Why Is Polygamy Not Allowed In Christendom? by AbdHafeez1(m): 5:07am On Sep 10, 2012
God2man: Let's learn from this thread:
www.nairaland.com/964807/consequences-polygamy

God bless you.
God2man.
Thanks for the link but you'll agree with me that polygamy is not forbidden in the bible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand / My Experience With A Psychotic Religious Woman Today. / How Can I Know If I Am Going To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.