Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Relationships And Phone Calls. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships And Phone Calls. (20255 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls / Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by ikdaniels(m): 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
igbsam: True or False! Boyfriend / Husband / Men dey suffer when it comes to phonecalls
Call summary.
Boy to Boy = 00:01:00
Boy to Mum= 00:02:30
Boy to Dad = 00:02:00
Girl to Girl = 00:04:44
Boy to Girl = 00:25:59 (when battery is low they end call)
But, ......
Girl to Boy = 00:00:05.(Pls cal me back)
Especially in 9ja grin

Laf wan finish me, but na tru sha
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by DExplorer1: 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
igbsam: True or False! Boyfriend / Husband / Men dey suffer when it comes to phonecalls
Call summary.
Boy to Boy = 00:01:00
Boy to Mum= 00:02:30
Boy to Dad = 00:02:00
Girl to Girl = 00:04:44
Boy to Girl = 00:25:59 (when battery is low they end call)
But, ......
Girl to Boy = 00:00:05.(Pls cal me back)
Especially in 9ja grin
I 'like' your post because it's hilarious but you are so wrong. Maybe you need to change your friends and your girl.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by Wislet(f): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

I 'like' your post because it's hilarious but you are so wrong. Maybe you need to change your friends and your girl.
u be guy and u dey disagree.

De man no lie joor. Na confirm occurrence wey small pikin know sef.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by Leobreezy(m): 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
Flygerian.:
Answer the call first to know why u'r being called even if the persons calls 10times. U haven't picked the call yet and already assuming the person has nothing important to say?
Seconded
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by DExplorer1: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
Wislet: u be guy and u dey disagree.

De man no lie joor. Na confirm occurrence wey small pikin know sef.
You might be right...maybe to those without airtime undecided
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by Racing(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
Tyche: The thread explains what I am going through right now. Been calling my chick and she hasn't picked; maybe cos I told her we will be going to church together and cancelled it through txt message this morning.

Anyway, both of us will find it hot when we see later in the day.

@topic, after the first ring and you don't pick my calls na trouble ooooooooooo.

Oga take it easy oo.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by Racing(m): 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2012
lurvy: Wait a minute....how does the refusal to pick a phone call affect the price of ?

I pity your you bro.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by Odaveboy(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
anitank:
Huh undecided
GBAMMMMMMM...........ahahahahahahahahhah
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by timilehing(m): 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
My gf would not even pick at all. She'll flash after 10missed calls or more
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by Ammyng(f): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
I'm More into SMS. If he aint picking up I'm gonna have to leave a brief voice message. He picks whenver I call cuz he knows I don't call for chitchats unless his phone is far from him. Just like someone already said, you can't know why he/she is calling without answering the call.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by ril19(m): 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
omaladiva: Guys who don't trust their girlfriend of wife get angry when she doesnt answer the call at the first ring.
they always suspect something.
http://hushitsonlysmalltalk..com/

na lie. U need to be in thay position to know how it feels.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by ril19(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
bankyblue: That is just the problem am facing now in my relationship! I just can stand it, and sometime i feel like calling the relationship off. . . But . . . . . Is really bad, when ur partner is not picking o

just a copy of what i might have typed if u hadn't mahn.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by ril19(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
believe me, this issue is threatening to tear my relationship apart. I've complained but it is still proving persistent.
Seriously, who is it that doesn't keep his/her phone close? I'd simply answer: no one. D way i see it, my girl has no reason WHATSOEVER to miss my call and keep missing it.

Believe me guys, today's sunday had this play out again. I called her around 7am and she missed my 2 calls(naturally i don't call more than twice no matter what). She flashed around 11am and i ignored it. I called again twice around 4pm and she missed the calls again. Later she flashed and i bleeping ignored it again. And as i type this, i've not spoken with the girl i meant to speak to since 7am.

Women can realy be annoying guys believe me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by ril19(m): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
timilehing: My gf would not even pick at all. She'll flash after 10missed calls or more

i think it spells "weakness" for a guy to call a girl and keep calling until it reads up to "10 missed calls". Pls think of how such a lady will see u as. I think if she does not take the first call, she may have missed it because of say her distance 4rm the phone or something of such. By then, she now reaches the phone (after the 1st missed call), and wait 4ur next call to come in. If the 1st n 2nd calls go unanswered i think there is intent to ignore the call from the recieving end
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by opoke(m): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Dont mind ladies they live their phones in their bags always without knowin that its ringin, so u should be patient when u call a girl without her pickin it.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by mobf: 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
Depends on the situation @ hand really.. if the call is merely a "just checking up on you kind of call" and i don't get a response no sweat. I will however have an issue if you don not call back or at least send an sms. Most peeps will say "no.. you did not call me"..and then act all surprised when they check and see a missed call. That is just wrong
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by Konnektions146(m): 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
i hate to be ignored.....wen i call, kindly pick.....not cos i will do anythin to yu if yu dont but it just pains me from de inside .

if i call and yu miss, yu have to reply with voice call, sms, IM oor anythin but just acknowledge that yu saw my calls though i try not to call so many times cos some people may find it irritating.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by sangamania2008(m): 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
K
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by sangamania2008(m): 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
Indeed, it hurts especially when you are truely in love and you just wanted to hear her voice or know how she's feeling.. Am currently experiencing this with a girl now but i just wish she knows how sad i feel about it. I have confronted her but she came up with flimsy excuses.......am not the type that give a damn about how am treated by ladies cos i have a handful of them but believe me, she has a soft spot in my heart!
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by MrsChima1(f): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
Whoa! I knew at some point that some people are having some issues with phone calls according to some threads and offline conversations.

However...It is obvious it is not a male or female thing because both sides are having communication issues regarding the device we all know as cellphone/telephone. It is obvious that some couples are not establishing phone rules regarding to how one should respond or expect when a call is made or not answered.

In America....some women expect not to call a man as soon as she receive his number because it appears that she is desperate and some guys wait three days to call a woman to see if she is still interested. I am not sure how it is in African countries but it is apparent that many of you take the phone calls serious.

To answer to some questions that were asked of me...of course you have to answer the phone to see if the calls are important but the question was toward the caller...do you think the person have to answer the calls if you feel that YOU HAD NOTHING IMPORTANT TO SAY or they should have answer regardless?

What is the appropriate amount of rings should a person wait before answering?
How long should a person return a phone call?
Would you accept a text message call back instead?
Do you feel that text message is a platonic thing and that couples should call their partner back instead of communicating via text message?

This is deeper than I thought but nice comments/thoughts. Keep it coming because many people are learning and made aware of this trend. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by MrsChima1(f): 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
sangamania2008@:
Indeed, it hurts especially when you are truely in love and you just wanted to hear her voice or know how she's feeling.. Am currently experiencing this with a girl now but i just wish she knows how sad i feel about it. I have confronted her but she came up with flimsy excuses.......am not the type that give a damn about how am treated by ladies cos i have a handful of them but believe me, she has a soft spot in my heart!

You have already express your concerns and she ignored you. You have two options...either to deal with it or move on. She is not that into you and you deserve someone that care and respect you.

This is my being nice day so take advantage of it. grin grin grin
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by MrsChima1(f): 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
Konnektions146: i hate to be ignored.....wen i call, kindly pick.....not cos i will do anythin to yu if yu dont but it just pains me from de inside .

if i call and yu miss, yu have to reply with voice call, sms, IM oor anythin but just acknowledge that yu saw my calls though i try not to call so many times cos some people may find it irritating.

I can understand where you are coming from because my husband try to call me between breaks and down times....but knowing your partner's schedule and whereabouts can help gauge how often you should call....it some situations...you should call as often as you can but if she is at work or school...dial it down to once until she is off.
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by MrsChima1(f): 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
timilehing: My gf would not even pick at all. She'll flash after 10missed calls or more

What is flash?
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by dyabman(m): 11:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
berem: To such men who call me till my battery goes down, I just put their numbers on my black list! My phone would always be on"network busy" any time they call me.Thank God for my chinko phone! undecided
what about the red list ,what it function ?
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
hmmmmm
Re: Relationships And Phone Calls. by obowunmi(m): 5:47am On Sep 10, 2012
Konnektions146: i hate to be ignored.....wen i call, kindly pick.....not cos i will do anythin to yu if yu dont but it just pains me from de inside .

Calling sounds like a do or death affair - naa waa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Valentine: What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Done For Love? / My Friend Said Jokingly That She Has Macromastia. What Exactly Is Macromastia? / Ladies Give Love To Get Favours Men Give Favours To Get Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.