Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,108 members, 7,814,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (33901 Views)

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by MockingBird(m): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by ndcide(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
etisalat cug

6 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by pasqal09: 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
What about whatsapp, bbm and co?

48 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Tannie(f): 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bbm, whatsapp, Fb etc. Chat more and call less

8 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
pasqal09: What about whatsapp, bbm and co?

I was about asking that . op oya answer .
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by MockingBird(m): 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chatting is not a real time way of communication. Not even the best chatting app like whatsaapp or BBM can substitute for hearing someone's voice, besides I can't stand waiting for 2 hours for someone to read my messages. It has even caused issues before in our relationships when I knew she has come online on whatsapp or read my messages on BBM and delayed for minutes or even hours to answer it. So I had to uninstall my whatsapp and stopped using BBM.

12 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
^^^ Well, manage your resources right. There are good calling plans with Mtn and etisalat.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by ayando(m): 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
^^obviously you should not complain since you are enjoying the benefit of hearing each other voices. Can't you just be using etisalat. Load 4k n dial *344*.... but you just need to cut it down. Na wetin,lol.

9 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Op why not use Skype?

16 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
distant relationship is a waste of time, when you are not there, just know that someone else us polishing that kongo!

join nairaland madhouse!

https://www.nairaland.com/1837446/nairaland-should-lunatic-section

16 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by UjSizzle(f): 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
I'm sure Whatsapp's got voice note option. If it's just to hear her voice then use it grin

Alternatively you can leave the long calls for the weekend and chat during the week.

14 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Whatsapp!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by chelseabmw(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
what of those wen con dey abroad

11 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Smartlux(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
passing by lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by newman10(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Call the network provider and enquire about their cug plan. That way, you save some money

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Aromas: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bro u try o, cirous u try gan ni!!!!! D love issue ehn,

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks
get etisalat sim ,load #200 and your recharge will be doubled ..u can call any network with it... Then migrate to easylife 4.0 ,15kobo per second ..
So now u can talk

5 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by koreat(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
grin
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Odunharry(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatsapp,bbm,skype etc
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Adenugay(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
H
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Spanishmario(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmmm...
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by hayorbaami: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Okay, I dont question threads that make front page but I have to say I'm quite surprised this made front page within an hour and with barely 8comments like it is a matter of life and death issue. Abi na seun 2nd moniker be this?

Anyway, back to the matter, You don't want any chatting medium and can't do without hearing each other's voice. I can't even suggest skype because I'm sure you'l complain about affordability too. Search for cheaper call rates of the available service providers.

Ps- I bet mtn will be seriously rooting for your relationship.

7 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by igbsam(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
My brother, Install Viber on your phone and have your chic install also, Load N200, subscribe for 50MB MTN data, place a viber call which is very very clear and talk for over 2hrs. This is what's been helping me. With N200 i dey talk until i tire to talk. Mind you, this does not include video calls o! If na video calls i wan do, i dey always use my normal 4G Swift network.

In this age of Viber, Skype and BBM Voice Calls does it better. Loading Airtime for calls should almost be fading out. Data calls are way cheaper. Even with Edge, viber calls are very clear.

29 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
chelseabmw: what of those wen con dey abroad

abi o, can you imagine?
From Lagos to Abuja? angry
I don't even know how people call that LDR sad embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
That's why we have Whatsaspp, Telegram, Facebook, etc.
if u are spending too much, u can get d cheapest network and register for special number. MTN does dat sha buh i dunno d code
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Well, I don't subscribe to anything distant. Not even long distance bizness. My experience has shown that while some dude somewhere is doing all the lovey-dovey, I am the one servicing and greasing her engine full time. I am not talking of one,two or even three cases; neither am I referring to distant relationships were the lady is in nigeria alone, I am talking uk, US and Germany. The guys are doing the calling, I am doing the strafing. The guys sometimes even call when we are at it. Most of them picks the calls, feign sleep, headache or busy.
It is pathetic. My advise is for you to have a relationship where u can see your partner regularly. The European and American winters sometimes, increase the longings of the women. To be forewarned is to be fore-armed.

26 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by MztrChukwu(m): 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Walk into any network service provider and request for a CUG line... last I checked, glo offered me a CUG line to my fiancee and it only costs 1k per month. Trust me, I'm talkin 24/7 calls

15 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
alutacontinua:

abi o, can you imagine?
So if it's not LDR what should we call that?

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by obiscolly(m): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Use instant messengers like bbm or whatsapp. Call only when necessary. Naija sef...una too like talk angry

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by J0nyb0y(m): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
one chance.

Introverts lets meet here
https://www.nairaland.com/1837305/thread-introverts

Your Mum, Wife, is always Nagging? She is probably going through menopause.. Read this
https://www.nairaland.com/1832207/how-cope-when-living-someone
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by kennynelcon(m): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
alutacontinua:

abi o, can you imagine?
Sweetheart reply me na
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Christmasdon(m): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
What has happened to mtn 12:30am.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Must I Give Her Transport Fare Every Time She Visits? / FULL VIDEO: Malu Trevejo Sex Tape And Nudes Photos Leaked! / Ladies! Before You Curse Your Abroad Based Guy For Dumping You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.