Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,095 members, 7,953,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel (16741 Views)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock / The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by macnuel: 7:11am On Sep 10, 2012
basisop:

Don't mind all these pretenders. Once it is from a Nigerian "Taboo".

Guy, you're just one absurd person. So because it happens somewhere else justifies it? What is wrong is wrong! This is why people never grow. They chunk it up to "there's nothing new under the heaven" and live under a wrong facade. What about those places where it has never happened? You can't use them as examples? Mmtchew... Don't get me annoyed jor.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 10, 2012
THIS JIHOM IBRAHIM IS JUST WHAT WE NEED NOW IN THIS COUNTRY , GOVERNMENT SHOULD HELP HIM ACQUIRE BOKO HARAM SO HE CAN AS WELL RUN IT DOWN IN A FEW MONTHS TIME .
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by UKBobo(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2012
Naija, I hail thee. Comedy is too much! grin

Next time, you go check in...they will bring out blow-up aeroplane for you to inflate, then ask toilet attendant to go push am for runway! Luggage will be sent by e-mail attachment, catering by pluck and find airborne birds.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by hannydarl(f): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2012
dridowu: trulr nigerria prodduct offer the best ?

Wetin make I talk nau? Ok let me put it this way. I won't fly outa Naija in a Nigerian run airliner. Me nor wan die young.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by yuzedo: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2012
Jimoh's office is directly opposite mine. He rolls with Mopol and all that paraphernalia. But if you come see the man eh? You fit match am for lift still shout on top him head say why him no set leg well?

Jimoh Ibrahim looks like a yoruba office boy! He's always wearing yoruba shokoto and buba (the type they use wrapper material to make) with sandals. Very unassuming and unimposing. I'm always wondering if this is the same man that shakes corporate Nigeria. undecided

Somehow it is a good thing sha. No airs, no frills. His security seems like just formality sake. He wanders off sometimes making phone calls. But i just can't get over how random he looks from monday to friday. That niggaz juju is STRONG! angry
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by AfricaFace(f): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
It beats my imagination the extent to which we have lost value for Life because of Poverty. How on earth would someone fly internationally in AirNigeria. A flight that can have 2 days delay while operating locally within Nigeria. i can't even fly it from Lagos to OTTA.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by staaari: 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
How did UK allowed this airline to run from Gatwick?
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Amazon824: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2012
@sun of god i totally agree with what your father said never use a black airline so disorganised
in mainly everything they do it's embarassing i've never heard of such a thing in my life
where they would ask passengers to pay for the fuel..or perhaps they had the money for the fuel
but just trying a scam.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
ANOTHER CLEAR REASON SIR RICHARD BRANSON TOOK OFF AND NEVER LOOKED BACK. HE NEVER KNEW THERE WAS A PACK OF WOLVES IN 9JA.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by bigfrancis21: 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
Opoki: This post has been hidden
hahahahaha
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
If this is true then it means cudos shuld be given to Oyibos when they deport Nigerians for free!!...
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Rossikk(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2012
pretty-bee:
It's so sad dat Nigeria as a country can not bost of any tin, working and moving fine of its own! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed dis is d hight of embarrassment, am so ashamed of being a Nigerian lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed virgin airline so laugh at them now..........

Please tell us when you're moving to Sudan or Somalia. We're already too many here.

Believe me you will not be missed.

You're ''ashamed of being Nigerian'' because ONE PRIVATE AIRLINE messed up its services. Is Jimoh Ibrahim Nigeria? If the actions or inactions of one man's company can make you ''ashamed of your country'' of 160 million people, it means you never had any love for your country in the first place, so spare us your misery.

If I list you how many airlines, including European airlines, that have left their passengers stranded in the middle of nowhere after suddenly folding up or going into liquidation, we would spend all day here. But it happens in Nigeria and ''OH!! National calamity! ''National disgrace!! ''My uncle said don't fly black airlines!!'' ''I am ashamed to be a Nigerian!!''
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Rossikk(m): 1:00am On Sep 11, 2012
AH! SEE NATIONAL DISGRACE FOR SPAIN!!!

Spanair leaves 30,000 passengers stranded after going bust

The Spanish airline, Spanair, left thousands of passengers stranded as talks to save the struggling airline broke down on Friday Jan. 27 2012.
The first that passengers knew was when the airline's website stopped selling tickets and went offline, then came an announcement that flights would be grounded, affecting more than twenty thousand people. The airline had been in talks with Qatar Airways in an effort to save the business, but Qatar Airlines pulled out of the talks on Friday The airline is the fifth largest in Spain in terms of numbers of passengers, according to El Pais newspaper but has been losing money steadily, finishing 2010 with losses of 115 million euros. The regional government in Catalonia had refused to help out the airline.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/318627#ixzz2679sWXGE

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/spain/120130/spanair-collapse-bankruptcy-passengers-stranded

http://digitaljournal.com/article/318627

Meanwhile, the Air Nigeria story above affected ONE PLANELOAD of people. 300 people max.

NOT 30,000 people like Spanair.

YET SOME JOBLESS IDIOTS HAVE USED IT TO DECLARE THE FAILURE OF THE ENTIRE BLACK RACE. IN FACT YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK HUMAN BEINGS.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Rossikk(m): 1:06am On Sep 11, 2012
NATIONAL DISGRACE IN AUSTRALIA!!!!

Thousands of Passengers stranded as Air Australia goes bust

HUNDREDS of passengers have vented their fury at Air Australia after the airline went bust this morning and grounded flights, leaving them stranded.
There are reports the airline sold approximately 100,000 tickets for future flights that are unlikely to ever take off.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/budget-airline-air-australia-placed-in-administration/story-e6frfq80-1226273367460#ixzz267BUe9uC

Thousands stranded overseas as Air Australia placed in administration
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/thousands-stranded-overseas-as-air-australia-placed-in-administration/story-fn7x8me2-1226273368748

NATIONAL DISGRACE IN HUNGARY AS MALEV AIR GOES BUST STRANDING THOUSANDS.

Hungary's dire financial predicament was laid bare today when its national airline Malev went bust and grounded all flights after failing to find a solution to "unsustainable" liabilities estimated at €550m (£460m).

Sources say Malev collapsed after nervous suppliers began asking for advance payments, which the airline was unable to provide. Two of its aircraft were prevented from taking off from Dublin and Tel Aviv, prompting the decision to ground all Malev aircraft worldwide from 5am.

Company officials said the stoppage immediately affected some 7,200 passengers: 3,500 in Hungary and more than 3,700 abroad who had been expecting to board Malev flights on Friday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/feb/03/hungary-malev-bankruptcy-airline-grounded

NATIONAL DISGRACE AS AIR FINLAND BANKRUPTCY LEAVES THOUSANDS STRANDED

http://www.johnnyjet.com/2012/06/air-finland-files-bankruptcy/

NATIONAL DISGRACE IN SCOTLAND AS AIRLINE BANKRUPTCY LEAVES THOUSANDS STRANDED

The Scottish airline Flyglobespan has been put into administration. The management has failed to find investors to rescue the company.

The bankruptcy is likely to cost 800 employees their jobs. Thousands of passengers stranded in Egypt, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus will be forced to pay for a return flight with an alternative airline. Around 5000 passengers with flights booked with the company will have to abandon their holiday plans.

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/scottish-airline-bankruptcy-strands-passengers

''I CAN NEVER FLY A WHITE AIRLINE. Look at the level of mismanagement and corruption!!!! How disgraceful!!! In fact I'm ashamed to be a white man!!!'' cool cool cool
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Rossikk(m): 1:26am On Sep 11, 2012
You know the funny thing? Air Nigeria even showed some professionalism and concern for the passengers by requesting a 40 GBP contribution from passengers in order to ensure they were flown back. These European airlines listed above that went bust simply said to their stranded pasengers ''Sorry... you're on your own''. undecided undecided

SO IN FACT WE SHOULD BE APPLAUDING Air Nigeria.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by macnuel: 5:58am On Sep 11, 2012
Rossikk: You know the funny thing? Air Nigeria even showed some professionalism and concern for the passengers by requesting a 40 GBP contribution from passengers in order to ensure they were flown back. These European airlines listed above that went bust simply said to their stranded pasengers ''Sorry... you're on your own''. undecided undecided

SO IN FACT WE SHOULD BE APPLAUDING Air Nigeria.

Okay Mr @Rossikk, understand one simple fact. And i'm going to put it in one question.
When something is bad, what do you call it?
Good? Deserves applause? And yet you open your mouth and can call some fellow human beings like you sick! You yourself are one pathetic human being. You should have yourself examined... psyche examination for that matter. I'm very sure in those countries you gladly highlighted so that you can justify the act of our beloved Air Nigeria crew that extorted 40GBP from their customers, they would have complained as well as we are doing now. Bad things happen yeah. But because it happens elsewhere and we are no different doesn't make it justified. Please revise your mind and let's call a spade a spade.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by oladayo042: 7:38am On Sep 11, 2012
I remember the time when there is an argument about the disparity in fares charged by some foreign airlines for their Nigeria business class travellers, people were recommending that Nigerians should start patronising Nigerian airlines.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Reptyle(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
macnuel:

Okay Mr @Rossikk, understand one simple fact. And i'm going to put it in one question.
When something is bad, what do you call it?
Good? Deserves applause? And yet you open your mouth and can call some fellow human beings like you sick! You yourself are one pathetic human being. You should have yourself examined... psyche examination for that matter. I'm very sure in those countries you gladly highlighted so that you can justify the act of our beloved Air Nigeria crew that extorted 40GBP from their customers, they would have complained as well as we are doing now. Bad things happen yeah. But because it happens elsewhere and we are no different doesn't make it justified. Please revise your mind and let's call a spade a spade.

My understanding is that the money was to be refunded to the passengers upon arrival in Nigeria.

I think what Rossikk was trying to stress is the fact that the Air Nigeria situation is not unique and not because it is a "Nigerian" airline. The global aviation industry is going through lean times right now and I share his opinion that the management did the right thing by suspending operations at this time.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by babyboy3(m): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Reptyle:

My understanding is that the money was to be refunded to the passengers upon arrival in Nigeria.

I think what Rossikk was trying to stress is the fact that the Air Nigeria situation is not unique and not because it is a "Nigerian" airline. The global aviation industry is going through lean times right now and I share his opinion that the management did the right thing by suspending operations at this time.

Thiers a giant difference when a firm goes belly up to a another firm still running but trying to hustle money out of its customers... A holiday firm went burst in the UK and everyone who have already booked their holiday the Insurance company had to refunded most of them, customers who are stranded in another country they would get another firm to bring them home!

For example if BA goes burst could easily get Air France to complete all the outstanding Journey's they couldnt complete, if Air Nigeria get stranded in a foreign land am sorry you are doomed!!!

A common Coach coming from the East broke down in the middle of nowhere, all the young girls on the coach were raped. A Naija plane ran out of fuel the next thing they could do is to hustle the passengers for fuel money!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by yemiskillz(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hi peps,
Pls, is it true that Air Nigeria has made arrangement with Arik air to fly the stranded passengers in UK,
scheduled for 19th & 23rd September?
Pls, if anyone has solid info about this, I'll appreciate a response... cos I'm stranded here too & tryin' to make arrangement
to buy another one way ticket to Lagos.
Thanks peps....
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by pheedoh(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
Dis country sef.... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Visas From Nigeria / Germanwings Airliner Airbus A320 Crashes In French Alps / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.