Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel (16646 Views)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock / The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by gonon: 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2012
Siena: This is a National Disgrace for Nigeria. Reminds me of the old days, when you boarded a taxi cab, and were told to get out to push, when it broke down, yet still be expected to pay the full fare.

This however, is much worse. I've never used a Nigerian airline, and never will. There was a time I was considering using Arik Air, but after reading this, that's not happening. An airline that can't manage their fuelling bills, wouldn't be bothered to pay for much needed maintenance. Talk about running an airline on a shoestring!

Arik Air, tufiakwa... Those bastards fly my mumsi without Air Condition, and their reason was "it will cool down when we attain high altitude"... Not to mention their delays. #Godforbid
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by sleek29(m): 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
Nigeria is the biggest joke on the planet and we just keep showing the world that, giant of africa my ass

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by a1solution: 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
They should sell Boko Haram to Jimoh lets see if he can run them down.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by vislabraye(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
A big shame. In this country all kinds of lawlessness abound. This shld be in the Guiness Book or records. The air line should be penalized and compensation paid.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Werehkpe: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
Y una de shout? Na ONLY fuel dem de contribute money for nau.

By the time dem say make dem contribute to service d plane plus hanger space, una go know.

What a BLOODY shame!!!Can ANYONE convince me to still fly a Nigerian airline?
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by prettybee2(f): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
It's so sad dat Nigeria as a country can not bost of any tin, working and moving fine of its own! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed dis is d hight of embarrassment, am so ashamed of being a Nigerian lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed virgin airline so laugh at them now..........
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by prettybee2(f): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
It's so sad dat Nigeria as a country can not bost of any tin, working and moving fine of its own! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed dis is d height of embarrassment, am so ashamed of being a Nigerian lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed virgin airline will so laugh at them now..........
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by vislabraye(m): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jimoh Ibrahim was said to have sacked 500 staffs alleging disloyalty to him. Ridiculous indeed.
http:///TFnBmk
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by lilcutie8916(m): 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jimoh ibrahim took over lemeredien now nicon luxury. He collected money for staff pay off he ate it all, canceled their yearly allowances refuses to pay retired staffs and so on . He takes over virgin airlines he cancels staff allowances too and the staffs go on strike. He also embezles V.A.T that is charged to every passenger these re just a few because the list is endless the man is just something else.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by lilcutie8916(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
slimyem: anything Jimoh Ibrahim toches turns to ashes..
Waiting to see what'll become of NICON in the near future..
i work at nicon aand trust me it is on the verge of colapse if something is not done soon. Imagine a hotel that lacks little things like milk to serve its guests jimoh ibrahim runs down anything he touches.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Lovine: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
It can only happen in Nigeria where there is no good government
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by basisop(m): 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2012
Sun of god: My uncle once told me - 'When it comes to flying, never use a 'Black' Airline!

I thought it was a messed up statement at the time but have come to see the wisdom behind what he said.

My advise to Nigerians flying abroad - Use an oyibo airline like Air France, British Airways, Lufthansa, etc.

You and that your Uncle are big unpatriotic oyibo slaves! Make sure you guys don't come back again else you have to bring French and German roads to drive on.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by otokx(m): 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jimoh Ibrahim reminds me of the midas touch.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by basisop(m): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
PeeDaVinci: really bad but this has happened in some other places too
follow links below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-15775920

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189791/Air-France-pilot-asks-passengers-chip-fuel-unscheduled-landing-Damascus.html

Don't mind all these pretenders. Once it is from a Nigerian "Taboo".
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by savanto: 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by MrNigeria.: 4:35pm
nawa o, this post is embarrassed!
[color=#006600][/color]

MrNigeria, make una softly softly dey murder this thing called English na? why not rather write in almighty Pidgin for Pete's sake!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by sibb2011: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
berem: A whole national carrier won't fly again? NIGERIA IS DOOMED!!!

Na today? From Nigeria Airways to Air Nigeria; what is the different? The only different is the WAYS to go.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by occam(m): 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
basisop:

You and that your Uncle are big unpatriotic oyibo slaves! Make sure you guys don't come back again else you have to bring French and German roads to drive on.

Sad but he's uncle is right. Nigeria airways, Arik etc are garbage. you'll always regret flying with those glorified molues
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by floriana(m): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
What if the fuel finishes in the sky? Na wah o. God save your children from the hands of Jimoh Ibrahim o.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by labasulla(f): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
So annoying.....paid extra 40pound and later go for my luggage...arrant nonsense!!!!!!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by OtunbaGm: 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2012
Na who I go ask? 40 pounds or u stay stranded!

What I am worried about now is that so many people will lose their job! God have mercy
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by opee1231(f): 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahahahahaha..i laff so tey water commot frm ma eyez..ds news should be on d joke section..chaiii nija for life...abeg which filling station dem tey buy d fuel for London?..lol..
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
Sun of god: My uncle once told me - 'When it comes to flying, never use a 'Black' Airline!

I thought it was a messed up statement at the time but have come to see the wisdom behind what he said.

My advise to Nigerians flying abroad - Use an oyibo airline like Air France, British Airways, Lufthansa, etc.
Very true. Rather than fly all these cheap-azz Nigerian airlines, I'd rather pay more money and fly the likes of BA, KLM, Delta, Airfrance or even Turkish sef. At least, they're more professional in handling such situations. See this nonsense Air-Nigeria thinking their doing people a favour. The passengers had to pay 40 pounds, now they have to wait for their luggage....mschew

claremont: The only Nigerian airline I have ever used to travel is Arik Air, that trip was a nightmare. The way and manner I was treated whilst on a trip from Lagos to London has completely put me off travelling with Nigerian airlines. All I wanted was a continuous supply of their red wine; they not only refused after giving me just one bottle, if you see the bad eye wey their hostesses come dey use dey look me mehn, if looks could kill, their look for pieces me dat day. I totally recommend KLM Royal Dutch Airlines for everyone, you get unlimited free booze and sweet-looking hostesses.
No homo but KLM, their hostesses are to die for. Very nice and young looking ladies, always on heels, body hugging suits and not to forget the free booze. Then I switched to a Delta flight, come and see the old women who were trying to use makeup to hide their wrinkles. Then they say you have to be 21+ to buy booze. Infact, KLM made Delta look cheap and annoying.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by OmanIman: 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
Shame!FG should probe people like Jimoh Ibrahim who merely acquire companies only to run them down..pity
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Pakavy(m): 11:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
berem: A whole national carrier won't fly again? NIGERIA IS DOOMED!!!
d nigerian aviation industry has bin a write off eva since nigerian airways crashd.do u kno the r yet 2 pay off the benefits of its staffs till date?d biblical sign of d end tyms started in naija so urs truely isnt suprised
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Pakavy(m): 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
occam:

Sad but he's uncle is right. Nigeria airways, Arik etc are garbage. you'll always regret flying with those glorified molues
not nigerian airways bro,air nigeria pls.during d early 80s nigerian airways was almost comparable 2 d british american cal. Airways.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by folahann(m): 11:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
The guy that gave the passengers news that should pay for fuel should get an award for shamelessness.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
Guys una believe this talk? Wetin
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Theflint1(m): 1:43am On Sep 10, 2012
dey 4 trek come na. Use one quarterr of d money buy pure water.lol.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by pdabrown: 3:46am On Sep 10, 2012
D man don broke ni nah
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by browncool(m): 4:57am On Sep 10, 2012
Words are obviously not enough to express my anger on the current situation of some stupid leaders in that country. I also blame the passengers for paying such money and not tearing apart the office of this Air Nigeria in order for them to seat up.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by WAM1(f): 5:06am On Sep 10, 2012
Lol... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Groups Of People You Encounter In A Public Transport / Requirements For Starting A Driving School Business – FRSC / Uk Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.