Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,104 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880520 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2008
@promise

I really don't understand the obssession with staph aureus.  Staph aureus is one of the most common bacteria that lives on skin.  It is only unusual if it grows as the predominant bacteria in a culture or if the person is symptomatic.  Does your sister have any symptoms?

Ovulation date is 14 days before your menses
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2008
Hi Doc,

Thanks so much for the advice. Can you please suggest the average number of glasses that will be okay for a 9-week pregnant body mass of around 75kg per day.

Thanks again
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olabola(f): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2008
kathyekiti:

@olabola

your doctor probably is suspicious that you have high prolactin level. However, if you squeeze anybody's nipples, you will see a discharge. The fact that you have regular cycles also discredits this diagnosis as people with high prolactin levels do not have regular periods. What drugs did he give you?

Dr kathyekiti

he gave me clomid, emzor, flagyl, a cream in color tablet to insert in my vigina at night and also one other one called risoven or something. i am not too sure about the last one, will check the name again

i am also taking some 7 days injection which i've started taking
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by promise2(f): 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2008
Thank you Doctor,

my sister have symptoms like hotness of lower abdomen, in the morning hours and constant headacne .
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gsawlah(f): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2008
Hi doc,

im back again. i went to see a gyn just as you directed, and was asked to go for a pelvic scan. hope you still remenber my case? Iregular periods! i went for the scan on saturday and it came out normal cos the comment reads NORMAL PELVIC SCAN. he said i should go for hormone profile which i pland going for on saturday. my period came in this morning after 2 months break. i'll still go for it though. this is to update you.

i want to say a big thank u cos ur thread has been a life saver. i'ld let you know the result of the profile wen im done with it. thanks again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2008
Dear Karthy,

May God continue to give you more wisdom like He gave Solomon so you can help us all with our health issues.

Recently, i have noticed that if i am expecting mensuration on 28-31st day of my cycle, this would not come unless i sleep with my Dh. Is there any wrong with my body system, please I need your help for planning to get Preg. by God's grace in December.

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:21am On Oct 07, 2008
@go4gold

Rule of thumb, drink until the urine is clearsmiley

@olabola

I really need to know all your meds.

@ promise 2
Unfortunately, the symptoms you are describing are extremely nonspecific. I would suggest your sister goes to a gyn for a complete history and examination

@marami
Thanx for the the prayer. What is a dh?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2008
dh means dear husband.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Snowwy: 6:55am On Oct 08, 2008
Ok
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
Hello, just saw my gym and did a cbc test which showed that my hb is 9.9. He said its low, what can I do to raise it. Should I be concerned? I am already on ferrous gluconate supplement.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evept(f): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2008
Dear Karthy,
i did a pathology test and it states that i have unwanted cells in my uterus ,is this endometrial hyperplasia? im so worried,scared that it could be something serious or even cancerous.

i lost a baby at 29 weeks last year,had a D&C this year and just recently i had Ectopic pregnancy,i have been doing test research why all these are happening to me and this came out just today but my doctors has done various test and they say everything is normal and i have no infection,what do you think could be the cause of this unwanted cells in my uterus,im yet to see a OB next week and also get an HSG done later.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2008
Doctor, you are really a God Sent angel.

Just 18 days ago (21/9/08), i lost a two months old pregnancy after six years of marriage without issue.

Two days ago (6/10/08), i saw a discharge like muccus around 9pm and have not seen it again.

Kindly advise me when i should be expecting my menses.

Also, does it mean that that discharge like muccus is my ovulation?

I am confused, although i have informed my doctor about it.

Joe
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Enflamme: 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2008
Hi DR,
hope u rememeber me,lost pregnancies,fibroids and all,well i had an abdominal mycotemy on wednesday last week,got discharged on monday,taking my drugs regularly and cleaning my incision with methalyted spirit as directed.
When i pee i feel a bit of pressure or pain,is that normal and when can i really get back to work(i work in entertainment and i'm active)
oh i forgot the doctor also found a cyst though the result isn't out yet.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:35am On Oct 09, 2008
@marami

I can't think of any physical correlation between you having sex and then having your period.  Don't worry so much.

@snowwy
I've seen this post before and to be quite frank, it seems like an advert however in the interest of fairness I will respond to it.
Lengthening your menstrual cycle actually decreases the opportunity for fertilization since there are fewer ovulation days
The strength of the uterine walls has NOTHING to do with miscarriages.  Black cohosh can cause hemorrhage.  As for it being all natural and hence not having any side effects, I invite you to roll around in some poison ivy which is also all natural.  Most synthetic drugs are based on naturally occurring chemicals in plants
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:36am On Oct 09, 2008
@ sammiejo

Are your periods heavy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:39am On Oct 09, 2008
@evept

What type of "unwanted cells"? Do me a favor and ask your doctor to be very specific. Tell him you have a cousin in America who wants to know

Your loss at 29 wks, what happened? Were you in labor?

As for the ectopic, when did this happen? What was the treatment?

I wouldn't recommend an HSG at this time. Hold off.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:41am On Oct 09, 2008
@ meridian

I'm so sorry for your loss. It may take up to six weeks for your period to return. Did you have a D&C? If you did, it takes longer. Be patientsmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:43am On Oct 09, 2008
@enflamme

Happy to hear you are doing well. I would advise you to get a urine test. You might have a urinary tract infection from the catheter. Take at least 6 weeks off my friend. You don't want a hernia. As for cyst, you are young and ovulating. It really isn't unusual depending on the timing of your menstrual cycle. Good luck
Do you form keloids?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Snowwy: 8:01am On Oct 09, 2008
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2008
No my periods are not heavy. Usually 2 to 3 days. I am currently in my third trimester of pregnancy hence my worry.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2008
Dear Dr. Kathy,

Thank you for your prompt response.  Actually, i did not do D & C after the miscarriage. My Doctor placed me on 5 days injection and ampiclox capsule respectively.

Immediately after the miscarriage, i did a pelvic scan which dictated that i have cysts.

So, i am a bit comfused. please advise.

Cheers.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evept(f): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2008
Hello Karthy,

thanks alot for your reply,the doctor didnt tell me the kind of unwanted cells and im very upset that the doctors isnt being specific and not giving me good attention for my health  all she says is that i have to re-test again in 6 months time that it could be because of everything that i have gone through in the past and that the cells could disappear on its own and referred me to an OB  for next month for HSG,so i have decided to change doctor next week because i want to know whats going on inside me and possibly get treated before taking HSG but in the pathology test result it states ASCUS and i dont know what this means.

Yes i lost my baby at 29 weeks,though to linkage in the amonic sac and i delivered a health baby but premature december last year, he didnt make it cos he was over feed and got a blockage in the intestine (NEC) and after 2 operations we lost him.

I forgot to mention that before the Ectopic i had a DNC cos they couldnt find a heartbeat at 2 and half months after taking a medication that i wasnt meant to take at first trimester which a doctor prescribed to me.

About the ectopic,it happen on july this year,i was treated by infection to desolve it. and the dnc was in april 15th this year also.

i do think there could be an infection that isnt showing in the test,it this possible and how can i go about making sure they do the right test to check my concerns and getting treated before HSG ?

im on birth control now which i will be one for the next 4 months and i want to get treated and clear within this months before  ttc again next year.please your advice is needed here as im going crazy with my situation.

Thanks,
Evept
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Enflamme: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2008
Hi Dr Kathy,
i'm going on to get the urine test and don'tg think i'm getting keloids though the middle of my incision hasn't melted completly(had dissolving thread)
i'm trying really hard to stay off my feet but i do need to work,this is nigeria,no work no pay.
Thanks a million for teaching me a lot.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:37am On Oct 10, 2008
@sammiejo

I would suggest that you continue taking your iron supplementation preferably with vitamin C. Also try increasing you leafy green vegetable intake. Good luck

@snowwy
the benefits of labeling a drug "supplement" is that you don't have to be subjected to the vigorous screening that mainstream drugs have to undergo e.g. randomized double blind controlled studies. Without these studies, I am unable to tell you anything about the safety of these meds. However, I know that whoever created a supplement to " strengthen the walls of the uterus" has no concept of what actually goes on from conception to delivery and I wouldn't take anything that was offered. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:40am On Oct 10, 2008
@ meridian

100% of reproductive age women will have an ovarian cyst depending on when in the cycle the ultrasound is done. Wait the six weeks remembering that worrying about it might furthr delay your menses.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:54am On Oct 10, 2008
@ evept

About the ectopic,it happen on july this year,i was treated by infection to desolve it. and the dnc was in april 15th this year also.

Were you given methotrexate?

This is going to be one of the most detailed responses I give because I think that there are several issues here and I am going to ask a few questions

1.  How many D&Cs have you had? Why did you have another D&C in April?
2.Were you dilated when you got to the hospital?
3.  When the test showed ASCUS, did they test you for human papilloma virus?

ASCUS is an acronym to describe certain cells seen on a pap smear which is from the cervix not from the uterus.  It means Abnormal Squamous Cells of Unknown Significance.  It is as close to a normal pap smear as possible.  The pathologist is unable to tell whether this is dysplasia (truly abnormal or as they are incorrectly known as precancerous cells) or from infection, inflammation etc.  Being pregnant can cause a pap to be interpreted as ASCUS.  In America, we do HPV typing.  This virus is associated with dysplasia.  However, before we had this, we would just repeat the test in 4-6 months to see if it has cleared or progressed.

There are a lot of reasons for ectopic pregnancy but the most common is infection popularly caused by chlamydia.  Chlamydia can be difficult to detect since it actually lives in the cells.  There is a test known as a chlamydia antibody test which can show if you have ever been exposed to chlamydia.  The reasons why I don't think you should perform an HSG is if you do have an infection in the tubes, the organism will be flushed into your abdominal cavity and this can be catastrophic.  The second reason is the fact that you have been pregnant before so we know that at least one tube is open and that is all you need to get pregnant.

P.S. Don't go crazysmiley  If you can answer my prior questions, I think I might be able to further help you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:55am On Oct 10, 2008
@ enflamme

Good. Well we can see how you feel in 4 weeks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evept(f): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2008
Hello Karthy,

Yes the ectopic was treated with methotrexate 2 shots because the first shot didnt work .

1. How many D&Cs have you had? Why did you have another D&C in April?

i have had 2 DNCs ,first one was 5 years ago and the second one was this year april. this second one was because they didnt find any heartbeat at my second check up after taking a medication a doctor prescribed to me ,to stop vomiting when i was pregnant and i wasnt suspose to take that at first trimester which we found out later,then it was too late and i had to do a dnc to remove.

2.Were you dilated when you got to the hospital?

i wasnt dilated when i got to the hospital but i was having some contractions but since the baby couldnt stay longer cos of little amonic fluid left,they
decided to induce me with some medication,dont know the name.

3. When the test showed ASCUS, did they test you for human papilloma virus?

They did a normal pap test and didnt tell me if they did test for HPV.i must have misunderstood cervix for uterus,when i did my pap test i saw my period on the same day,i didnt know i had it until the gyn concerned it,can this affect the pap result? should i ask them to do another pap test ,test for HPV or go for biopsy to concern the kind of cells it is since its unkonwn? because im worried and scared if its something serious and cancerious and i cant wait 6 months ,when they can re-test or do a biopsy and get treated if possible.i was not pregnant when i took the pap smear but my beta level from the ectopic hasnt dropped to zero when it was done.

should i ask them to run some specific test to know if i have any infections ? because i have done test during and after pregnancy and all came back negative,i dont know if they should re-test for some specific test.

About the HSG,i will have to suspend it for now until im done with the pap smear and blood test .im afraid the doctor might refuse retesting when they see that i have been tested for that before and it came out negative ,dont know if they have been doing the wrong test. sad
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by princessk1: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2008
pls are there any safe ways of inducing labour naturally?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2008
@evept

You did not read my reply thoroughlysmiley Calm down. You only need a repeat pap in 6 months. You may ask for HPV typing but this ASCUS was in the context of a pregnancy, regardless of the viability, it can affect the pap. You could ask for a chlamydia antibody test which will show whether you have been exposed to chlamydia. As for your miscarriage, quit blaming yourself. The most common cause of miscarriages is genetic abnormalities not medication. Which med were you given? I can't think of any anti nausea medication that will cause a miscarriage. If you carry out these two tests, and the results are negative, I don't see the need for a hsg
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2008
@princessk

Yes, sex, sex and more sex. Semen contains prostaglandins which are chemicals which soften the cervix and can induce labor. In fact, we use prostaglandins to induce labor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kechai(f): 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2008
PLS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE DRUG THAT CURES BACTERIAL VAGIONISIS AND ITS PRESCRIPTION

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.