Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880615 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ marami

I'm a gynecologist, nuff saidsmiley I don't think it is appropriate for me to comment on a condition suffered by a male patient.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ud4u

Did you mean 07/31 or 08/31?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ud4u: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2008
kathyekiti:

@ud4u

Did you mean 07/31 or 08/31?

Thanks Dr. I mean 08/31
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nggold: 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2008
Doc, you are doing a great job, keep it up. Please i need you to assist determine my ovulation period, i recently got married and have been TTC for about 5 months now. I run 24/26 cycle, recently it has changed to 23/ 27 days. Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by aAK1(m): 10:20am On Sep 18, 2008
Hello doc.Pls can a woman get pregnant in her mc?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:07am On Sep 20, 2008
@udu4u
The length between your cycles is abnormally long. The normal length should be betweeen 21-35 days. I suggest you visit your gyn
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:08am On Sep 20, 2008
@aak
Theoretically yes, if the person has a short cycle and a long period. i.e. a person with a 21 day cycle who bleeds for seven days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ud4u: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2008
Quote from Doc. "The length between your cycles is abnormally long.  The normal length should be betweeen 21-35 days.  I suggest you visit your gyn"

Thanks Dr for your response, My july menses came on 4th and August came on 31, that is 28 days. Does it mean 28 days cycle is abnormal?.

Thanks once more as I await your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ud4u

If the first day of your menses was july4th and the next period was August 31st, that is not a 28 day cycle. This would be 58 days between the cycles.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ud4u: 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2008
Sorry Doctor, I have been the one making mistake all these while.
I saw my menses August 4th, and another one came August 31st, Pls I want you to predict the ovulation days for me.

Thanks once again for your patience, God will reward you abundantly.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gsawlah(f): 11:30am On Sep 26, 2008
Hi dr kathy,

hope you still remenber me? the lady with iregular periods. ve bin taking DUOFEM as the combined oral contraceptive you talked about and nothing yet, i even had to take a PT (strips) which read nagative at least to be double sure. the last time i saw my period was early July.

i should continue with the drug or would you like to suggest any other thing?

thanks for allowing us bother you. thanks. i await your reply.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wanitas(f): 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2008
doc abeg, an urgent reply needed,

i just got an iucd inserted, was told of some effects i might notice,
but like a week after, i noticed some outbreaks on my skin ( inner thighs), papules that ripen and rupture

i was wondering wat cld av caused it til i remembered d stuff,
cos i havent changed cream,soap or anyother thing,am stil lactating,not yet resumed menses

pls, cld this b caused by the insertion?
if so, wil it b a one off thing? what can i use? or wil it go on its own
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:33am On Sep 30, 2008
@ud4u
Assuming you continue with a 27day cycle, you will ovulate around 9/13, 10/10 and 11/6. Your ovulation date is approximately 14 days prior to your menses
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2008
@gsawlah

I would suggest you see your gyn. Who prescribed the pill?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:35am On Sep 30, 2008
@wanita

No, I don't think it is related to the iuc. I would suggest you go see your md.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gasplant: 1:28am On Sep 30, 2008
Madam KATHYEKITI,eku ise wa oo,Oluwa yio tubo ma fun yin ni ogbon,imo ato oye ooo.KO NI TO NIBE OO NO ORUKE JESU

Yes,to my quetion

Pls my wife is 12 wks pregnant,what re the precautions we need to take at he the end of this first trimester.what do we need to do and not to do.Pls are you sure sex will not hurt our baby.I can decide to stay without sex till we deliver, if it is going to hurt either my wife or our baby,pls i realy wanna know.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:16am On Oct 02, 2008
@ gasplant

thanx for the kudos. As for the pregnancy, ori re ni kon la ma ri l'oruko Jesu, amen.
Sex is not going to hurt. If you are really concerned about it, wait two more weeks to really get into the second trimester. Your wife should continue the prenatal vitamins, avoid fatty fish and continue to see her ob for her scheduled visits. Always remember pregnancy is not pathology.smiley Good luck and I expect frequent updates from you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by surgeon(m): 3:46am On Oct 02, 2008
Hi, Dr. kathyekiti smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tundysho(m): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2008
Pls is catfish a fatty fish
What of croaker
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2008
Dear Dr Kathy,
I want to find out if Calcium lacate inhibits the absorption of iron from ferrous gluconate. if it does what can I do to maximize the absorption of iron.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:00am On Oct 03, 2008
@ Surgeon

Hi smiley
@sammiejo

Yes, there can be an interaction causing decreased iron absorption. I would suggest you take the calcium at least 2 hours before the iron

@tundysho
Catfish is a better choice than Croaker.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ud4u: 10:43am On Oct 03, 2008
Thanks Dr. for your response God will surely reward you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ud4u: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2008
Thanks Dr. for your response God will surely reward you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by abayomi23(f): 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2008
dr kathy,i really need ur advice urgently.
i found out that my wife has been having a smeling discharge since february,we went to a medical lab for check and she was placed on cyprotab.we found out that after some weeks the discharge stoped.since august ,her mestration has refused to come and she kept having smellish discharge again.on getting to our hospital she went through a series of lab test and was placed on augumenting injection and some drugs.after 3 day ,we decided to go for a pregnancy test and found out that my wife has been pregnant for 6 weeks.
my problem now is that this smellish discharge is still coming out and will digenerate into itching of her private part if not quickly treated.
we are now afraid of taking further treatment so as not to affect the baby and the pregnancy.
i am really sad right now cos i dnt knw wht 2 do.
dr pls advice me and send me ur email so dat i can mail u.
she is 26 yrs old.
pls reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by abayomi23(f): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2008
dr kathy,i really need ur advice urgently.
i found out that my wife has been having a smeling discharge since february,we went to a medical lab for check and she was placed on cyprotab.we found out that after some weeks the discharge stoped.since august ,her mestration has refused to come and she kept having smellish discharge again.on getting to our hospital she went through a series of lab test and was placed on augumenting injection and some drugs.after 3 day ,we decided to go for a pregnancy test and found out that my wife has been pregnant for 6 weeks.
my problem now is that this smellish discharge is still coming out and will digenerate into itching of her private part if not quickly treated.
we are now afraid of taking further treatment so as not to affect the baby and the pregnancy.
i am really sad right now because i dnt knw wht 2 do.
dr please advice me and send me ur email so that i can mail u.
she is 26 years old.
please reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2008
Hi Doc,

Here I come again, Please, my 9 weeks pregnant wife is complaining of headache constantly, can I give her pain relievers like Paracetamol or Panadol or what do you suggest?

PLEASE I NEED YOUR RESPONSE URGENTLY!

Many thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olabola(f): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2008
Dr Kathyekiti

thanks for all your responses to our problems. i went to see a Gyn yesterday just to explain somehings and believe me, about 25k that i did not budget to spend there came out from my pocket. it was then that i remembered you and i said to myself, this is what our Gyn on nairaland will offer to us for free.

Dr, sometime ago i asked a question concerning my menstrual circle and also to know when i can concieve but Agaba123 responded to my question and i got everything cleared to me.

i actually went to see a Gyn coz my husband and i have sex almost everyday and pregnancy never happened. it came to a point that when we're through with sex, i'll raise my 2 legs up in other not to make the semen come out of me but still it didn't happen.

Now my question is this, when i saw the Gyn , he took all the information of my circles and confirmed it was regular and then went further to say he wanted to examine my breasts, i was scared when he touched it and tried to press it, then i saw a liquid coming out from both breasts without breast feeding. he ended up giving me some drugs and said he wanted to investigate me for 3 months.

what do u think can be the cause of the liquid?
Is clomid recommended in my case coz he gave it to me and i've started using it?
does it mean i can't get pregnant because of the liquid?

please Dr, i need a quick response as i am scared of what i saw. thank you as i await ur reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by promise2(f): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2008
Dear Doctor I appreciate all your efforts in helping people in this thread may God bless you more aboundant.

My elder sister aged 33 years has staphlococu Aureus infection, the test showed scanty growth of staphlococus. She has been on antibiotics for some time now but the infection is still there.

Please kindly advice what drugs she can tke to clear this desease out of her system.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by promise2(f): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2008
And Doctor again, my cycle is between 26 - 28 days, when is my Ovulation day?

Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by QueenAnais(f): 12:05am On Oct 04, 2008
Hello Dr,
I am planning a trip with my bf in december and I would like to get pregnant during that time,
I am currently taking contraceptive pills, which help regulate my periods. When should stop taking them to increase my chances of getting pregnant? I don't want to get pregnant before and my bf refuses to use condoms.
Any supplements that you could recommend to increase my chances of conceiving?
Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2008
@ud4u

You are most welcome

@abayomi

What does the discharge smell like? I am also not sure what cyprotab is.

@go4gold

Yes, your wife can take paracetamol. She also needs to make sure that she drinks enough water that her urine is clear. Pregnant women are very susceptible to being dehydrated which can cause a headache. If the headache persists, she needs to see her ob ASAP
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2008
@olabola

your doctor probably is suspicious that you have high prolactin level. However, if you squeeze anybody's nipples, you will see a discharge. The fact that you have regular cycles also discredits this diagnosis as people with high prolactin levels do not have regular periods. What drugs did he give you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.