Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877938 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 10:49am On Sep 10, 2008
Karthy thanks so much for your prompt response despite your tight schedule.

Please i have one more question.

I had my baby girl in July last year 2007. Will it be wise for me to plan being preg. in December 2008.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lifegal(f): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
hello Dr. Kathy,

sorry i couldn't complete the narration.

it all happened in June i was @ home and i noticed some heavyness in my abdomen but it was just full, since it was late, i decied to go to the hospital first thing in the Morning, early in the morning i started feeling some pains around my waist, as i was taking my bath i noticed some spotting, so i rushed to the clinic, i could not go to my personal clinic becos of the Distance, on getting there i told the Doc. what happened he asked me to go for a scan.

i did the scan and was told the plancenta was Anterior Low lying dat i should go give the doctor report. and i asked if the children were fine and he confirmed yes, by this time the pain was coming in 5 minutes interval, went to the doctor and he gave me some drugs, i told him i was in much pain or was it becos i was not shouting he asked me to go home.

i went home and when i eat some thing to enable me take the drugs to relieve me i poured immediately i took the drugs and immediately i had a rush that was bloody with water, immediately i went back to the Hospital and asked them to admit me by the the pain was in 2 minutes interval. I did not know it was contraction. the pain was much and i was admitted, so later That day it stopped. in the morning it started again and water rushed out of me, the doctor were not giving me attention, i husband immediately took me to another Hospital whereby one of the babe came out in the care and the other in the hospital. 22weeks 2days,

after dat i had my period on the 19th of july normally. on the 3rd which is suppose to be my ovulation day i started bleeding as if it was my menstral period, i decieded to wait till 5 days if it was my menstral period but did not stop, i went to the clinic again an the doctor checked me and said i was open dat i should go for a scan did the scan and was told a small cyst was found at my right ovary, she said is nothing to worry about she gave me Feldene and astyfer and the bleeding was not as red but brownish and was not much but lasted all together for 16days and later i saw it after 3 day twice(2 days again this time like spot) i went to the clinic again to lay complain and later i noticed a white discharge and went for test and the doctor said it was staffelocucos dat i should go for pregnancy test to know if i was pregnant. i just did it and its negative. pls what is Evacuation. since on the 3rd of August dat i notice the blood flow for 16 days i have not seen my menses?
advise me pls.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by escada23: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2008
Hello Doctor,

1. Pls advise what drugs to avoid during pregnancy or when expecting to be pregnant in general. Especially antimalaria drugs. E.g does Artesunate affect pregnancy/ like if one takes it like one week after ovulation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gsawlah(f): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2008
Hi Doc,

Thanks a great deal for the replies. i really cant thank you enough. you're more than a life saver. i'ld want it to regulate asap. Though im not married now but look forward to it anytime from now. guess understand what i mean.

i will get back to keep you informed.

thanks again!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:12am On Sep 11, 2008
@Gsawlah

Good luck and you are most welcome

@lifegal
It might take a while for your period to regulate after childbirth, even when premature. Relax. Evacuation is a cleaning of the uterus which I do not believe you need at this time.

@marami
I think that is excellent timing. Just remember your prenatal vitamins and folic acid. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by thefairone: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2008
Thanks and may you be blessed
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2008
[@marami
I think that is excellent timing. Just remember your prenatal vitamins and folic acid. Good luck
[quote][/quote]

Thanks so much for your response. ALthough we are not paying for consultation or medical fee our God will reward you abundantly in Jesus Name. AMEN!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lsegi: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2008
Dr kathy God bless you with ur replies to everybody i pray that as u water us with replies to our inquests that God also waters you in return.pls refer to posts 533&535 to refresh ur memory.i have taken the pregnancy strip test twice both were negative first on tuesday afternoon and first thing this morning to ensure high concentration of HCG. i have also started seeing blood first a liitle yesterday nite and a little more overnight but i still feel funny in my tummy and atimes at work i had fainting spells am planning to go for a scan on saturday cos my tummy feels all hard like sum little movement of sorts atimes and i feel pretty weak atimes am also wondering if its not stress at work cos i am quite busy at work coupled with all of these issues.could the stress bring a delay in my period or am i getting false negatives and pls how effective are these strips i made sure i followed the instructions infact thats why i took it first thing this morning for accuracy sake.thank you so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hazureal(f): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
Hi Doc,

is it true that potash(known as 'kaun' in yoruba) is not good during pregnancy.

there are certain dishes i love taking (nkwobi especially, which contains potash) and hubby wouldnt just let me take them.

i'm four months pregnant and i always crave these dishes, are they harmful to my baby?

i need expert advice before i sneak out to eat them and wipe my mouth like nothing happened.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2008
@escada23

I would try to avoid unnecessary antimalarial drugs but if you have already taken it don't worry. The risk is low just don't do it again. Most of the drugs that a pregnant woman should avoid are prescription and not easily available. Relaxsmiley

@thefairone
It is highly unlikely that rh sensitization is the reason for your miscarriage. The most common cause of 1st trimester miscarriages is genetics. It is very difficult to make an entire human being and mistakes do happen. I don't mean to be flip but I don't want you feeling guilt over things that you likely have no control over. Chin up and good luck with the next pregnancy. What is your partner's blood type? Was he the father of the prior pregnancy? If he is rh negative, you don't even need the rhogam!

@isegi
I think that you are extremely stressed by all this. The pelvic scan will give you the answer. The test strips are extremely accurate. Let me know the results of the ultrasound

@ Hazureal
My dear, start washing your hands and send some my way. You are safe. Potash is just potassium.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olaedo: 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2008
kathyekiti, Good day God sent. thanks for the good job, You will never lack any good thing.
Dr, please what could be wrong? the last time i told you of how my gyn gave me Bromocriptine as a result of high prolactine level that was discovered, and ever since then, i have been taking the drugs, only for the next menses to come and has refuse to stop. its been on for two weeks now. Please what is that? could it be the effect of the drugs? i went back to my gyn and she gave me an injection and some drugs that it will stop, but it has not. what am i suppose to do? pls help as i want to conceive soon. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Afribiz(f): 4:48pm On Sep 12, 2008
Hello Dr Kathy,
You're such a generous person cool.

I have 2 kids (both boys). By next year i'll start planning for the 3rd, which probably might be the last. I so wish for a baby girl this time around. Pls enlighten me on when to have an intercourse with the tendency of conceiving a female child. I've read books as regards the X and Y chromosomes, but ended up getting confused.

Waiting for your response, thanks and God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by thefairone: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2008
F
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hazureal(f): 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2008
thanx kathyekiti.
you're a darling.
it's surely nkwobi for me tonight.
i'll send ur share via fedex. lol
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ebonie(f): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2008
Hi kathy

i had an IUD (copper t) inserted on the 1st september, and im still spotting. i was given antibiotics and flagyl and told the spotting will last for only 2-3 days, it reduced about 5 days after but a few days ago came back. im a bit scared and confused. whats your advice?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2008
@olaedo
I wouldn't worry unless you are passing clots or feeling weak. Your lining is going to be thicker than usual because of the length of time that you were without a period. If you are passing clots, go back to your gyn. As for fertility, we have options so don't despair
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2008
@afribiz

There is no single accepted way but the theory is if you have semen waiting prior to ovulation, it increases your chances of having a female child.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2008
@thefairone

The vitamins are good for the pregnancy but have nothing to do with isoimmunization.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2008
@hazureal

I'm waiting. I no dey fear,lolsmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2008
@ebonie

I think that your gyn was very conservative in telling you how long you may have spotting. It is normal to have irregular spotting for up to 3-6 months after IUD disruption. As far as your body is concerned, it is being attacked by a foreign object and will react as such. This is of special concern with a copper T. You may also experience cramping and vaginal discharge. It is impossible to know how long you will have the spotting but it is only temporary. I suggest you try to bear it. It will get better. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ebonie(f): 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2008
hmm what a relief to hear its normal. was getting scared

i actually just got married and considered it for family planning.
i havent had any children yet and plan to start after about 6 months. i hope its a good and safe option considering the fact that i havent had any children yet.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:57am On Sep 14, 2008
@ebonie

I can not imagine why a gyn would place an iud in a patient without any children who wishes to have a child in 6 months. It wouldn't be my first choice in a patient like you but the deed is done.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2008
Hi Doc,

Please, my wife is just about 6 weeks pregnant (my first baby), and I will need to know the supplements that will be good for her.  I ensure she takes 1 green apple everyday but she has ended up taking 2 per day (at my own extra cost,  lol).  I also ensure she takes 1 multivitamin capsule a day and 1 folic acid tablet.  She walks minimum of 400 metres daily as an exercise, although she complains regularly of tiredness and she is always spitting.  she sometimes complains of tummy rubbling.

Please help me with some more food supplements for her.  I want the best for her and my baby.

Expecting your urgent and detailed reply.

Many thanks in anticipation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ebonie(f): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2008
ok

even though the deed is already done, would you advice i remove it immediately?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by danyashi(m): 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2008
Hello I invite you to register as a Doctor or member in our online Clinic that will be moderated by DOCTORS

it is at www.nmakaduna.org/dokita
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Afribiz(f): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2008
Thanks Kathy, i'll keep on putting it in prayer, I know God will surely give me my heart desire.
Stay blessed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by escada23: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2008
Thanks so much Kathy. I really appreciate you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2008
Dear Karty,

Good bless you for your good work. My hubby has a problem which i describe the way i see it but don't really know what it is. Whenever he takes his bath, he body itches him after scratching you see marks as if he has been caned with a large whip he has taken different tablets prescribed to him but the problem still persit.

I will appreciate your solution to this problem.

thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ud4u: 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2008
Hi Doctor,
Thanks for your help God will reward you.
Pls can you help me detect my ovulation. My last 2 mensuration came on 4th of July 2008, and another one came on 31st of August 2008. When I my suppose to start ovulating.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2008
@go4gold107

I say this with all love and understanding, stop it!!! Your wife is pregnant not sick. She doesn't need an apple a day. She doesn't need to go for long walks. At 6 weeks, the baby is less than the size of your fingertip and can cause no "rumbling." Not every ache or pain is reflective of the status of the baby. Relax. Make sure that she gets enough water. This and taking the multivitamins and folic acid are the most important things at this point. Good luck.

P.s. if she likes apples, let her have them as a sign of your support not as a medical necessitysmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ebonie

solely your choice. It is possible that by the time your menses regulates on the iud, you will be ready to try for a baby. Did your gyn know of your plan?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ escada/afribiz

Thanxsmiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.