Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879060 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:46am On Apr 04, 2010
@danesikemi
i would suggest going to a gyn and getting a pregnancy test done. If it is positive, an ultrasound as soon as possible is indicated to make sure the pregnancy is in the right location.

@jenaniston
I don't think it is an affected baby. I think you should have a gyn exam. There are several causes for bleeding after se_-x
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:48am On Apr 04, 2010
@masido
It is the first day of your period. You ovulate ~ 14days before the onset of menses.

@susanamand
It is not unusual for the number of days of flow to change. Don't be alarmed
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:04am On Apr 04, 2010
@lady jay
While there is no one accepted way, certain things like taking vitamins, reducing stress and wearing boxer shorts instead of briefs have been shown to work. Cutting out alcohol and smoking also helps

@unite4real
Not at all. Good luck.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:15am On Apr 04, 2010
@ temite
I don't understand the last question but no you can't tell if he ejaculated i.e. precum, yes you can get pregnant, ovulation occurs 14 days before menses.

@nowal
Rest easy. It is not unusual for the menstrual cycle to change. I would suggest buying an ovulation kit to help determine your wife's fertile days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:25am On Apr 04, 2010
@fame12k
where are you based? i would suggest researching with your geographic location in mind.

@obidia
I believe it is contraindicated in breastfeeding moms but your doctor gets to decide if the benefits outweigh the risks. As for decreased libido, it can be associated with breastfeeding. Breastfeeding can drive down the hormones that regulate our libido. This being said, having and taking care of a new baby, breastfeeding and malaria will all drive down anybodies libido. Be easy on your self and get some rest.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by masido(f): 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2010
@Kathyekiti, thanks and God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by OEO: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2010
Pls Doc. I need yr help on what I can do.

After 2kids, my wife has simply changed. she does not want sex anymore, and I dont want to do it outside the wedlock.
Give me honest and professional advice.

|Mail me directly: jydewalker@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nnemak(m): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2010
Doc, kindly interpret the result below

SFA CULTURE RESULT
Culture yielded mix growth of streptococcus Spp ant staphylococcus Spp:
Sensitivity:
Ciprofloxacin
Streptomycin
Erythromycin
Cerofloxacin
Chloramphenicol

Resistant to:

Gentamycin
Ampiclox
Norbactin
Amoxyl
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
Hi doctor Kathy av been doing baby friendly with my baby since i gave birth to her in December but these days,she hardly sucks in the day time,only at nite and am thinking of introducing cereal to her cos she has lost weight.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
Hi Doctor karthy here is my daughther's pic as promised
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stages: 7:49am On Apr 08, 2010
wow Obidia
u've got such a cute baby there
Congrats
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moi2(f): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2010
Dear Doctor Kathy,
Many thanks for your good work here, God bless you real good!
Doc please what are the drugs that are safe for pregnant women in the 1st trimester diagnosed with malaria, a doctor recommended chloroquine, but I'm not sure it's safe. Kindly advise.
Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 11:37am On Apr 08, 2010
@stages Thanks.
Doctor Kathy as of this morning i started giving my baby fiso gold cereal thou she will be 4 month old on saturday,hope it is OK
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
Dr. kathy,↲↲good job you are doing. My gyn want of to do HSG test. I want to find out if the procedure is painful and if the dye is harmful. Must the test be done on the 10th day? thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2great: 11:59pm On Apr 10, 2010
An intersex 25 needs urgent help.She's a promising nigerian with a poor background and illiterate parents. She wont mind begging alms to travel outside the country if help exist free or cheap for such.She doesnt want to go through local hospitals again due to stigmatization and incompetency.Meanwhile,certain surgerys were performd at birth leaving no vaginal opening for intercourse and presumably testis cos of ocassional painful swelling.Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oduamine: 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2010
Hello doctor i'm a girl of 29 i had a break up from my relationship some 16 months ago and since then av not ad sex until recently so av ad sex twice now but d first i ad it i felt some pain which later subsides but noticed some blood stain on bedsheet and also the second time but is it normal?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:26am On Apr 13, 2010
@ obidia
What a cutie! God bless and keep your family. As for the question, is fiso cereal rice based?

@masido
Same to you and God blesssmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:28am On Apr 13, 2010
@nne_mak
looks like a contaminated specimen to me

@oeo
Sorry, I don't mail directly. How old are the children? Does your wife work? How much help does she get taking care of the children?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:31am On Apr 13, 2010
@moi2
Go ahead and use it. It is especially important to be aggressive in treating malaria in pregnant women. They tend to get sicker. Sick mom, sicker baby

@sammiejo
It is painful but I would suggest taking some ibuprofen before the procedure. The dye is not toxic
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:33am On Apr 13, 2010
@ 2great
I was moved by your story. I will ask around and get back to you. keep your head up.

@oduamine
Try using some lubricant. If the bleeding continues, you might need a gyn exam to rule out infection
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moi2(f): 7:41am On Apr 13, 2010
Thanks Dr. Kathy!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by OEO: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2010
Dr. Kathy!

She is not working. But we dont have househelp and she doesn't fetch water which was d most difficult work in the house, cos we live in a 2storey building. I do that myself and at times employ someone to do that 4 us. She doesn't wash clothes as we have people washing for us. The children are 4 and 2 years old. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2010
Thanks Doctor Karthy yes the fiso cereal is rice based.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Iwuugwu: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2010
Dear Dr. Katty,

Thanks for the great work you've been doing in this forum. I have been following up for sometime now.

I am 25 yrs old, 1.68m height and 69.5kg weight. I recently suspected I was pregnant and so went for Preg. Test which was confirmed to be negative. I later went for a hormonal assay test.

I have not had regular menstral cycles. It varies from 32 days to 57 days. My last menstral bleeding was on 20th Feb. 2010 and till date i have not yet seen my period. The preg. Test was on 7th of April 2010, the same day I went for this hormonal assay test.

Below are the result. Please advice me on what to do next.
REF. VALUE UNIT
LUTEINEZING HORMONAL (LH) 14.3 5 - 20 in/L
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONAL (FSH) 5.4 2 - 8 in/L
PROLACTIN 478.0 40 - 470min/L
PROGESTERON 6.2 5.2-27 - 9ng/L

Your quick medical advice will be highly appreciated as I am trying to concieve.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stages: 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
hi doc

i am 24 weeks pregnant and i have been taking too much cold stuffs (ice water, ice cream, iced yughort etc)
i will like to know if this has any negative effects on my baby.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by twinkle87(f): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2010
Hello Doc, i must really commend ur good works on this thread. keep it Up and the good Lord will keep blessing u.
1.I just wanna know if there are any implications in using Tampons during my period. I find them comfy but i dont know if its generally ok
2. I also notice that after my third day i begin to see lumps or clots of blood, thats causes horrible pain when coming out.what causes this.
3. my period doesnt dry up on the th or fifth day i notice some dark brown discharge and use pant liners for like another 3days, is that normal?

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sunshine01: 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2010
Hi Doc,
May God continue to bless you and meet you at the point of your need, Amen

Recently I started having consistent stomach upset and decided to go to the hospital and the result of scan carried out is as follows:

The Uterus is bulky, non-gravid, contains multiple circumscribed hyperechoic and hypoechoic masses within the body and lower segment of the uterus. The aduexae, pouch of doulas appear feree and normal.
The liver, spleen, pancreas, gallbladder and kidngeys are withihn the normal limit.

No ascitis seen

The intraluminal and intrabdominal echo pattersn are within the normal limit

The untrasound features are consistent with degenrating multiple uterine fibroid.

Also, the sizes of the fibroid are
19X19mm
36x36mm
28X28mm
20X20mm
31X31mm

I am single and in my thirties though planning for my wedding this year. Is there any hope of ever getting pregnant. because I was told by the Dr. that since I am not married I cannot go for an operation.

Please also, is there any drug that I can take in order to shrink the fibroid because I learnt it can be shrinked if it is still at its early stage which I cannot really say in my own case.

What are my chances of getting pregnant. Your quick response will be appreacited.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2great: 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
God bless u doc. Just a reminder on intasex issue. Do u know about Accord alliance § isna(intersex society of north America)? They're suport groups for such condition but dont know if they could be of help 2 an African. Wot of John Hopskin's hosptal? Xpectng ur reply. Thanks alot.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2great: 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dr, kndly send any reply info as par d intsex to rudox@rocketmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by susanamand(f): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
My doc,

Please kindly explain the the following to me

1. The reason for a woman to go for pregnacy evaculation
2. How does one who has under go such feels
3. How long does it take the doctor to do it on one
3. What leads to one having such.

Looking forward to your prompt response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prommy(f): 5:27am On Apr 24, 2010
pls doc am confused.i saw my period last on 16 feb,did pt which was positive.am not having pain or blding but scan cant see the foetus the said my womb is empty.what shd i do
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Edymontana(m): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2010
Hi Doc,

My wife's period is very regular in cycle length (26~28 days each) and number of days (5 days). However, this month she had it for only 2 days and the flow was not lighter than usual. What could be wrong? She was being treated for Candidiasis a few days before her period.
Also, would you know if home pregnancy test kits are available in Nigeria?

Many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.