Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,001 members, 7,814,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878410 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nwaka1: 12:25pm On May 24, 2013
pls Doc,i hv been trying to get pregnant since after my miscarriage but it aint coming. I went to a Doc who did scan and said the evacuation they carried out on me caused an infection which has affected my womb and that I have purse below my womb which needs to be sucked out or removed surgically. pls what does it mean cos I don't understand why I still hv purse in my womb since dec 2011 dt I had a miscarriage. waiting for ur ans doc. angry
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chicah(f): 8:35am On May 25, 2013
chic ah!:
Good day doc pls is it possible for someone tht sees her period regulary every cycle not to ovulate?
[quote author=infogenius]

Yes.When the eggs fails to ripen for discharge.You have to go for an hormonal assay to be very sure you are not ovulation.
Thank you doc. I did d test on cd21 2mnths ago n d result is as follows.
LH-8.3miu/ml
FSH-7.1 miu/ml
Prolactin 26 ng/ml
Progesterone 5.8ng/ml
E2-71pg/ml.
So from d result does it mean am ovulting or nor cos I don't see the egg white cm.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chicah(f): 8:41am On May 25, 2013
Secondly doc,2day is my 2dpo and I bd wit hubby dis morning after wch I started hving severe abdominal cramps n urge to vomit which has so far lasted an hour nw. I hve never xperienced dis ever b4.pls wt Could be d cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sakida(f): 3:29pm On May 25, 2013
Gud afternoon sir, pls I wil like to knw any medication for vagina itch and with white discharge pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ehibeca(f): 9:33pm On May 26, 2013
Hi doc, pls i wnt 2ask if menstural cycle twice in a month is normal? Cs i sw it in may 1st wic it lastd for 4days n it also occur today wic is 26th of may n it flown heavy n am havn abdomen pain...pls it normal cs i dnt understand. Tanx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 10:38pm On May 26, 2013
Ehibeca: Hi doc, pls i wnt 2ask if menstural cycle twice in a month is normal? Cs i sw it in may 1st wic it lastd for 4days n it also occur today wic is 26th of may n it flown heavy n am havn abdomen pain...pls it normal cs i dnt understand. Tanx
My dear,pls don't entertain any fear,is very normal,your menstrual cycle is 25day,so that's why,mine is also 25days,I saw my period on d 2nd of may,so am expecting tomorrow bin monday(27th).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ehibeca(f): 9:08am On May 27, 2013
tank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chestnut(f): 4:59pm On May 27, 2013
Dr help M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥,I missed my period in april,had a urine pregnancy tst which was positive,I went for a blood PT after 2 wks cos I wasn't feeling pregnant bt it was also positive.I started seeing blood d following day it came as spotting but later turned to a heavy flow of thick blood,I weent to hospital but was given an injection and primolute tab. I did a scan which read dat there was nothing in d uterus.I bled for 2 wks b4 seeing anoda DR who told M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ to av anoda scan which shows retained product I went for evacuation immediately.N̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w̶̲̥̅̊ its been 3wks after d evacuation. Am yet to see my mc and I do av abdominal pain sometime.pls wen shld I xpect to get pregnant again cos I really need a baby asap.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by niceG: 6:20am On May 28, 2013
Oko iyawo no be small thing oh.I know how u feel but Since u are skeptical,I will advice u take another test in another two weeks to be absolutely sure.

Dr. Goodmorning my wife took another test last week but it was -ve yet she had not seen her period and she keeps having fever and heavy breast. Also her tommy is big. Pls watz d cause n wat do we do. God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ehibeca(f): 11:26pm On May 28, 2013
Hi Doc, is it normal 4 a persön to see hr period 4 only three days instead of five days?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 12:18pm On May 29, 2013
Mar July:

Thank you for your info, pls do i need to go for test and what type. thank you
Yes,you may need to go for SWAB test.

TemitopeOluseye: For the past 5months now, my menstrual period has been thick and black then not flowing very well. Pls wat could be the problem wit me pls?
I will advice you see a doctor to rule out menstrual abnormalities.I will not like to go into details here so as not to scare you.But pls do see a dr.

Mar July: Hello Doc, I want to go for Hormone asay on cd21 which is on the 4th june. hi have been on supplement and vitamins, but i stopped on cd2. can it affect the test. i want to continue after the test

Depends on the supplements you are taking.Why do you want to stop it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2013
raptor2: Hello doc
please i had a cerclage placed on the 17th of April at 13weeks. on the 6th of may i had a membrane rupture and lost the baby at 16weeks. i feel so devasted as i had a perterm birth last year at 26weeks the baby died after 2days. please any reason why this happening as i thot the cerclage was to prevent perterm birth.

Premature rupture of membranes is one of the risks associated with the usage of cerclage.The risks far outweighs its advantages.

estilo: Good day doc, pls can I use bromergon while menstruating?

Thanks in advance,
Laughs,was it prescribed to you by a doctor? Anyway don't.

nwaka1: pls Doc,i hv been trying to get pregnant since after my miscarriage but it aint coming. I went to a Doc who did scan and said the evacuation they carried out on me caused an infection which has affected my womb and that I have purse below my womb which needs to be sucked out or removed surgically. pls what does it mean cos I don't understand why I still hv purse in my womb since dec 2011 dt I had a miscarriage. waiting for ur ans doc. angry

Sorry about the mc.It means just what u wrote.You had an infection as a result of the evacuation you had.You have nerves of steel to have kept yourself till now without getting rid of the infection.The earlier you get treated the better for you so as not to incur other complications.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 12:51pm On May 29, 2013
chic ah!:

Thank you doc. I did d test on cd21 2mnths ago n d result is as follows.
LH-8.3miu/ml
FSH-7.1 miu/ml
Prolactin 26 ng/ml
Progesterone 5.8ng/ml
E2-71pg/ml.
So from d result does it mean am ovulting or nor cos I don't see the egg white cm.

You have high prolactin and this can interfere with ovulation.It is possible there was a form of ovulation but progesterone values of over 10 will confirm normal ovulation cycles.I am sorry I am not too sure if you are ovulating at all.

chic ah!:
Secondly doc,2day is my 2dpo and I bd wit hubby dis morning after wch I started hving severe abdominal cramps n urge to vomit which has so far lasted an hour nw. I hve never xperienced dis ever b4.pls wt Could be d cause?
Madam just relax.If it keeps occurring there may be an underlying problem.But since it is the first let's see how it turns out next time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 12:56pm On May 29, 2013
Chestnut: Dr help M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥,I missed my period in april,had a urine pregnancy tst which was positive,I went for a blood PT after 2 wks cos I wasn't feeling pregnant bt it was also positive.I started seeing blood d following day it came as spotting but later turned to a heavy flow of thick blood,I weent to hospital but was given an injection and primolute tab. I did a scan which read dat there was nothing in d uterus.I bled for 2 wks b4 seeing anoda DR who told M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ to av anoda scan which shows retained product I went for evacuation immediately.N̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w̶̲̥̅̊ its been 3wks after d evacuation. Am yet to see my mc and I do av abdominal pain sometime.pls wen shld I xpect to get pregnant again cos I really need a baby asap.thanks
Just three wks after evacuation and you are worried? Your periods will return soon and then you can start trying again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 12:59pm On May 29, 2013
niceG: Dr. Goodmorning my wife took another test last week but it was -ve yet she had not seen her period and she keeps having fever and heavy bosom. Also her tommy is big. Pls watz d cause n wat do we do. God bless you.

Let her go for a scan.So as to be absolutely sure of the the contents in her tummy.

Ehibeca: Hi Doc, is it normal 4 a persön to see hr period 4 only three days instead of five days?

Yes,there is nothing wrong with having a 3 days flow.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ehibeca(f): 1:47pm On May 29, 2013
tank u,bt is it normal 4sme1 2c her period twice in a month? cs i sw mine in may 1st n it lastd for 4days n it occur again in may 26th n flow 4 3days,..pls is it okay?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pamlicious: 2:27pm On May 29, 2013
Hi doc, Thanks for the great help you render to the ladies... Doc, I have been experiencing severe Body itching all over my body. Whenever I scratch the itching part, it swells for a while and later it stops. I started using piriton to subsidies the itching. I went for a Blood and urine test but they found nothing wrong with my blood. But they found a Bacteria called Coliforms on my urine. Could this stop me frm getting pregnant. Plsss Doctor I need help because am presently on Clomid pills....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pamlicious: 2:30pm On May 29, 2013
chii:

Doctor i know this sounds really stupid but please is it possible for someone to be ovulating and seeing one's period at the same time?

Cos someone told me that she suspects she took in when she had sex during her period.

Hi doc, could u please give me an answer?plsssssss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chicah(f): 3:14pm On May 29, 2013

You have high prolactin and this can interfere with ovulation.It is possible there was a form of ovulation but progesterone values of over 10 will confirm normal ovulation cycles.I am sorry I am not too sure if you are ovulating at all.

Thnks doc. Thts wt I thot too cos dts wht the lab scientist said. But my doc thinks other wise. Said cos its day21 of my cycle I did d test, that progesterone levels drops after ovultion,dt dts why its low, den dt d prolctine is not too high, dt it regultes itself after a While.I alwys hve dt ovultion pains every month. I don't kno what to think again.I just need a solution to get preg. Pls help. Thnks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by estilo(f): 10:39pm On May 30, 2013
Laughs,was it prescribed to you by a doctor? Anyway don't.

Why laughing? Yes a doc prescribed it for me. Actually, he prescribed tab palodel but I cldnt get it so I settled for bromergon.

Tenks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:32am On May 31, 2013
Ehibeca: tank u,bt is it normal 4sme1 2c her period twice in a month? cs i sw mine in may 1st n it lastd for 4days n it occur again in may 26th n flow 4 3days,..pls is it okay?
My sister, enjoy,it is not unusual.

Pamlicious:

Hi doc, Thanks for the great help you render to the ladies... Doc, I have been experiencing severe Body itching all over my body. Whenever I scratch the itching part, it swells for a while and later it stops. I started using piriton to subsidies the itching. I went for a Blood and urine test but they found nothing wrong with my blood. But they found a Bacteria called Coliforms on my urine. Could this stop me frm getting pregnant. Plsss Doctor I need help because am presently on Clomid pills....

I believe you have started doing something to get rid of it.It won't stop you from getting pregnant though.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:54am On May 31, 2013
chic ah!:
Thnks doc. Thts wt I thot too cos dts wht the lab scientist said. But my doc thinks other wise. Said cos its day21 of my cycle I did d test, that progesterone levels drops after ovultion,dt dts why its low, den dt d prolctine is not too high, dt it regultes itself after a While.I alwys hve dt ovultion pains every month. I don't kno what to think again.I just need a solution to get preg. Pls help. Thnks.

progesterone level rises after ovulation and drops if the egg is not fertilized preparing for the onset of menstruation.The drop in that test result is too low below normal values to actually confirm that ovulation occured.Pls can u tell me the no of ur cycle days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:55am On May 31, 2013
estilo: Why laughing? Yes a doc prescribed it for me. Actually, he prescribed tab palodel but I cldnt get it so I settled for bromergon.
It's ok no problems.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missnigeria: 1:42pm On May 31, 2013
Pls how soon can I start using diaprim(sunday tablet)because im having severe fever with cough.Can i start using it at 6weeks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RukkySuzy(f): 10:54pm On May 31, 2013
Hi doc, my question is how can someone prevent a miscarriage. My last period was 19/02/2013 and I saw my doc on d 22nd of april who comfirmed dat I was pregnant and I was den asked to do a scan and d scan revealed I was 6wkss preg. On 24th of april I had an incomplete abortion (miscarriage) and dey did an evacuation for me. I and my husband started avin sex again exactly a wk after and on 30th of may, my doc comfirmed again dat am pregnant without menstruating after d evacuaton. Now am scareD. I don't want to go thru d horrible experience again. Thanks doc. I hope to get a reply soon.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chicah(f): 6:17am On Jun 01, 2013
infogenius:

progesterone level rises after ovulation and drops if the egg is not fertilized preparing for the onset of menstruation.The drop in that test result is too low below normal values to actually confirm that ovulation occured.Pls can u tell me the no of ur cycle days.

Its 28days. Pls wt suppliments can u advice me to tke to boost d progesterone levels? Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by figur: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2013
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sirmally: 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hi doctor,pls I want to knw what is wrong I use to see sometn like an egg white when I ovulate but of recent I don't see it again, but I knw when I'm ovulating I use to have lower abdominal pain as if everytn in my is coming out. That I still feel but I don't see the egg white like thing again hope this won't stop me from getting pregnant as I'm not getting younger and want to try and get pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
Dr,thank u for what u r doing.a selfless service to many. May God continue to reward u all round. thank u so much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 6:31am On Jun 05, 2013
Hi All,Happy new month , a month that we will see and experience the Glory Of God.

missnigeria: Pls how soon can I start using diaprim(sunday tablet)because im having severe fever with cough.Can i start using it at 6weeks

I believe u should be ok now.But in reality you have to be really mindful of the drugs you take.You will have to consult your dr b4 u take them.

RukkySuzy: Hi doc, my question is how can someone prevent a miscarriage. My last period was 19/02/2013 and I saw my doc on d 22nd of april who comfirmed dat I was pregnant and I was den asked to do a scan and d scan revealed I was 6wkss preg. On 24th of april I had an incomplete abortion (miscarriage) and dey did an evacuation for me. I and my husband started avin sex again exactly a wk after and on 30th of may, my doc comfirmed again dat am pregnant without menstruating after d evacuaton. Now am scareD. I don't want to go thru d horrible experience again. Thanks doc. I hope to get a reply soon.

Good you are pregnant again.But it will be important that the cause of the last mc is known so that this time around corrective measures will be taken to avoid another mc.Try and talk to your dr.There is nothing to be scared of.God will give you the strength to carry ur baby full term this time around.In Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.