Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage (45214 Views)

T.D Jakes’ Daughter, Sarah Henson Ends Her Marriage After 4 Years / Earring-wear Bishop - Td Jakes / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Rastamann: 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
If a lady of her background and upbringing cannot endure marriage to last then which biblical quotation supports her action as she stated. What is christianity in divorce? Religion is indeed a thing of the mind.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Olaone1: 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
Got pregnant at 14? Where is their no-sex-before marriage rhetoric? This is one of the reasons I don't listen to dem preachers.
What's Mr Jakes on the platform to preach about, then?

People who can't even obey the so-called 10 commandments yet set themselves on a pedestal of 'righteousness' and have themselves uncritically admired and praised by, err . . , what they call 'congregation.' smh undecided

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Olaone1: 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
Super1759: Devil is really at work,attacking pastor through their families

When it relates to pastors and their families, the imaginary devil is responsible.
When it relates to boys in motor parks, it is entirely their fault; not the devil.

undecided
Have you been watching too much pantos? They aren't real, bro.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Olaone1: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
Humanbeans:

That's very true. A lot of pastors don't really believe what they teach, if they do, then they will follow it.
fact!
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by WhyAWhy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ola one: Got pregnant at 14? Where is there no-sex-before marriage rhetoric? This is one of the reasons I don't listen to dem preachers.
What's Mr Jakes on the platform to preach about, then?

People who can't even obey the so-called 10 commandments yet set themselves on a pedestal of 'righteousness' and have themselves uncritically admired and praised by, err . . , what they call 'congregation.' smh undecided

[size=16pt]I think this mentality is desperately skewed. What has this gotten to do with her father. Since the day you landed on earth. Do you listen to your parents ALL the time, do they hold you by the throat to follow their biddings. Even children of the same parents turn out differently so what the heck?!! The salvation of the father can not be transferred to the child. At every point in life we will make decisions that may or maynot be at tangent with our parents believe. That a person's father is the pope doesn't translate the child to a saint. He/she is still human at best![/size]

8 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by DExplorer1: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
citypulseng: The youngest daughter of mega pastor Bishop T.D. Jakes has released a statement announcing that she is ending her four year marriage.

After just four years, Sarah Henson is divorcing her former NFL player husband, Robert Henson.
In her statement, Henson writes:

I have built my ministry and identity around being the best wife and a mother I can be. For quite sometime I have tried to steer through some serious troubles at home. As much as I wanted my marriage to last, it cannot. After professional counseling, and prayerful consideration I have decided to end my four-year marriage. There are biblical grounds supporting this decision and I have attempted every other recourse but after multiple infractions over the course of the union, and for my personal safety and that of my children, I have come to this painful decision. Now that it is made, I would ask for privacy while I navigate through this difficult season in my life so that I may now concentrate on being the best parent for my children possible. Thank you for your prayers.

Sarah Henson married Robert Henson in a very extravagant wedding ceremony in 2008. At the time, Robert Henson was a student at Texas Christian University. He is a former linebacker for the Washington Redskins. Sarah Henson was only 19 years old when the couple were married.

*** shocked undecidedHmmn... This is serious o. A whole T.D. Jakes daughter dumping her amrriage of 4 years? Can't wait to hear the preacher opinion on the issue...
http://citypulseng..com/2012/09/td-jakes-daughter-ends-her-4-year.html
Point 1 - Most extravagant wedding ceremonies often have their homes broken

Point 2 - Marriage formed at a younger age could be too demanding
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by poweredcom(m): 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
Haha see dem pastor pikin they are all the same everywhere if you like be pope pikin - divorce can come your way no body is perfect jare-

Oo pastor jakes will be ashamed of the brat now what!!! She got pregnant at 14 wat tha Bleep +o and married at 19 haba what does this gal knows about marriage - before she go reach 35 she go don marry 3 men and divorce her kitty go don burst slack and born bastard everwhere haha american dream
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by armyofone(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Her book will be on shelves soon.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by NobleAngell(f): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
Jeeez wot d heck is wrong wiv u pple? Simply becos she is a Pastor's daughter doesnt mean she should b judged. U all are xpectin perfection from her because of who her fada is. Who made u judges, by d way? I hope all u jugdes are without sin b4 castin your stones. U guys shld try walkin in her shoes 4 a minute and c if u wont do worse. Get a life pls, Urghhhhh!
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Olaone1: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
WhyAWhy:

I think this mentality is desperately skewed. What has this gotten to do with her father. Since the day you landed on earth. Do you listen to your parents ALL the time, do they hold you by the throat to follow their biddings. Even children of the same parents turn out differently so what the heck?!! The salvation of the father can not be transferred to the child. At every point in life we will make decisions that may or maynot be at tangent with our parents believe. That a person's father is the pope doesn't translate the child to a saint. He/she is still human at best!

And, those boys in motor parks are not human? Judge not pastors and their families but it's normal to judge 'unbelievers?'

Preach this crap to your congregation, not me.

You're unable to run a family yet you intend to direct the ship of your congregation? Come off it, man.

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by omoyele203: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pathetic.It is well with you babee
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Olaone1: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
NobleAngell: Jeeez wot d heck is wrong wiv u pple? Simply becos she is a Pastor's daughter doesnt mean she should b judged. U all are xpectin perfection from her because of who her fada is. Who made u judges, by d way? I hope all u jugdes are without sin b4 castin your stones. U guys shld try walkin in her shoes 4 a minute and c if u wont do worse. Get a life pls, Urghhhhh!
Muppet!
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
We need to watch how we critique the Church - for all the bad things that goes on beneath the superficial 'holiness' in the Church, you can't deny the amount of beautiful chics it provides for single men... grin

I miss going to Church, trust me... I miss all those beautiful chics I used to see every Sunday morning in the Church...

God bless the Church and the beautiful chics... cool

Shyte, Church chics used to love me - and I used to pick them.. And hell yeah, I was the ladies' guy... grin
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by ujukala: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
She started living the 'adult' life when she was just too small. However, this is her life! Let's leave her to make her decisions.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Super1759: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ola one:

When it relates to pastors and their families, the imaginary devil is responsible.
When it relates to boys in motor parks, it is entirely their fault; not the devil.

undecided
Have you been watching too much pantos? They aren't real, bro.
bro,get it straight. Most american pastors are passing through hell in their marriages. Was it not days back that benny got back to his family? Juanita bynum who got married to another minister,after a period of time divorced tooo. So many of them.
These people have changed lives and destinies and devil is seriously using their families to pull them down.
Anyone in the street can divorce,but coming from role models,mentors. Bro its wrong and should be dealth with
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Olaone1: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
ujukala: She started living the 'adult' life when she was just too small. However, this is her life! Let's leave her to make her decisions.

Let's leave boys in motor parks, too.

Judge not pastors and their families but it's normal to judge 'unbelievers?'

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
[s]
KingOfNairaland: [size=15pt]Your mouth stinks like shit! Ehenn!!! #NoseCovering#[/size]
[/s]

Take the praise and worship songs out - what's in the Church apart from the chics?

The pastor is just going to repeat the same rhetoric I've been hearing since I was born, and spend the rest of the service asking for my money...

Everything is just a big ponzi scheme - each to their own.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Kx: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
Does the word marriage have different meanings between Americans/Europeans and Nigerians?

A good percentage of Nigerian Men openly indulge in adultery, 2nd, 3rd and 4th wife,concubines, runs etc to the knowledge of their legally married wives yet they keep their homes and marriages;but at the drop of a hat, an American would hurriedly divorce sighting adultery and irreconcilable differences. Why?
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
When pastors a la pulpit pimps start getting creative and saying something different from what I've heard like a billion times already, I might start going to church again... But for now, I just miss the chics...

This crazy Ghanaian pastor on sky came to the UK like 2 years ago with a normal black skin, now the same guy is light skinned(by bleaching his skin) and rich - with the same rhetoric of how he sees people on TV and how his prayers healed them via the TV...

Big ponzi scheme, I tell ya...
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by NobleAngell(f): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ola one:
Muppet!
If u dont hv anytin matured 2 say, u mustnt say sumfin stewpid!
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by JeSoul(f): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Fellas fellas, pls stay on topic & no insulting of others. KingofNL, I salute you smiley
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
JeSoul: Fellas fellas, pls stay on topic & no insulting of others. KingofNL, I salute you smiley

So, you salute the buffoon for being an uncouth coon??

I guess birds of a feather flock together.. undecided
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
I'm not against the Church, just as I'm not against every hustle out there - but I can't stand hypocrisy...
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Olaone1: 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
NobleAngell: If u dont hv anytin matured 2 say, u mustnt say sumfin stewpid!
Just noticed you're a woman. I have decided to let you off. Sorry. lipsrsealed
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by KingOfNairaland: 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
shymexx:

So, you salute the buffoon for being an uncouth coon??

I guess birds of a feather flock together.. undecided
[size=15pt]Oh-My Oh-My grin grin grin. [/size]

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by KingOfNairaland: 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ola one:
Just noticed you're a woman. I have decided to let you off undecided lipsrsealed
[size=14pt]And she was being honest with u o wink[/size]

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
mind you, she didnt divorce the man, she couldnt cope anymore ,she decides to quit the marriage and stay alone to take care of her children,
it becomes wrong when she remarry another man. DO NOT ACCUSE OR OPEN YOUR IGNORANT MOUTH AGAINST CHRISTIANTY ON ANY LITLE ISSUE
FUTHERNORE, PERMIT ME TO TELL YOU THAT TRUE CHRISTA-IANITY IS A PERSONAL CONCENTRATION TO GOD.

OK CONSIDER THE AGE OF THIS GIRL WHEN SHE MARRIED, MARRIAGE IS AN INSTITUTION THAT ONE CANOT GRADUATE FROM TILL DEATH,
EXCEPT YOU WILL CARRY THE CROSS THAT FOLLOWS SEPERATION OR MADE UP YOUR MIND FOR HELL.

THANKS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sexual Immorality Is Forbidden I / Apostle Tomi Arayomi And His Wife Tahmar Arrested By DSS, Released / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.