Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage (45219 Views)

T.D Jakes’ Daughter, Sarah Henson Ends Her Marriage After 4 Years / Earring-wear Bishop - Td Jakes / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by ayoade2: 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
As much as God hates divorse Malachi 2:16, and clearly states that Marriage is a life long affair,Matthew 19:6 and 1Corinthian 7:10-11,there is only one reason my God would permit divorse- unrepentant marital infidelity (mainly sexual immorality)on either side.

'It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement. But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery'Matthew 5:31-32. You can also read Malachi 2:10-16, Matthew 19:3-9,1 Corinthians 7:10-15

If any of this parties fall into the shameful act of extra marital affairs, if he/she repents and the agrieved party is willing to forgive, the bible encouraged forgiveness if we confess our faults to one another. However, if the sinning partner refuses to repent and he/she becomes agressive, abusive,dangerous or absconds,then divorse is allowed.

It's a difficult decision to make and painful path to take but think of a husband that sexual abuse his wife and children.That even get physical dangerously with them. Think of the late Titi that eventually lost her life on the altar of 'I dont want to leave him'. same people would blame if very bad things happen to her or the children eventually.

In her, the foundation was wrong and whatever is built on it will definitely not last,as it has turned out to be. We only pray that God we give the strenght survive this times and changes in her life. [i]There is only one reason my God would permit divorse- unrepentant marital infidelity (mainly sexual immorality)on either side.
'It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement. But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery'
If any of this parties fall into the shameful act of extra marital affairs, if he/she repents and the agrieved party is willing to forgive, the bible encouraged forgiveness if we confess our faults to one another. However, if the sinning partner refuses to repent and he/she becomes agressive, abusive,dangerous or absconds,then divorse is allowed.

It's a difficult decision to make and painful path to take but think of a husband that sexual abuse his wife and children.That even get physical dangerously with them. Think of the late Titi that eventually lost her life on the altar of 'I dont want to leave him'. same people would blame if very bad things happen to her or the children eventually.

In her, the foundation was wrong and whatever is built on it will definitely not last,as it has turned out to be. We only pray that God we give the strenght survive this times and changes in her life. [/i]There is only one reason my God would permit divorse- unrepentant marital infidelity (mainly sexual immorality)on either side.
'It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement. But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery'

In her, the foundation was wrong and whatever is built on it will definitely not last,as it has turned out to be. We only pray that God we give the strenght survive this times and changes in her life.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Olaone1: 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
KingOfNairaland: [size=14pt]And she was being honest with u o wink[/size]
grin grin

Omo buruku. Your posts have been hidden.

I let her off because she could be moi wifey, you know. Women? I don't chide them, at all wink
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by ayoade2: 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
As much as God hates divorse Malachi 2:16, and clearly states that Marriage is a life long affair,Matthew 19:6 and 1Corinthian 7:10-11,there is only one reason my God would permit divorse- unrepentant marital infidelity (mainly sexual immorality)on either side.

'It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement. But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery'Matthew 5:31-32. You can also read Malachi 2:10-16, Matthew 19:3-9,1 Corinthians 7:10-15

In her own case, the foundation was wrong and whatever is built on it will definitely not last,as it has turned out to be. We only pray that God we give the strenght survive this times and changes in her life.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
But why are Christians breaking the oath(s) they made with God?

I thought married was "till death do you part", no?

Please, let's respect God and keep to the oath(s) we made with him using the holy bible.. grin

Remember this: 'thou shalt not call the name of the lord in vain'..
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by JeSoul(f): 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
shymexx:

So, you salute the buffoon for being an uncouth coon??

I guess birds of a feather flock together.. undecided
Lol. No I salute him because he is the kingofNL, or can't you see his name?
*some ppl are so wound up tight they cannot see a joke staring them dead in the face*
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
poweredcom: Haha see dem pastor pikin they are all the same everywhere if you like be pope pikin - divorce can come your way no body is perfect jare-

Oo pastor jakes will be ashamed of the brat now what!!! She got pregnant at 14 wat tha Bleep +o and married at 19 haba what does this gal knows about marriage - before she go reach 35 she go don marry 3 men and divorce her kitty go don burst slack and born bastard everwhere haha american dream

MY DEAR, GODS JUDGEMENT IS INDIVIDUAL, DO NOT LINK THE GIRLS ATTITUDE TO HER FATHERS, NOR USE IT TO CRITICIZE THE FATHERS MINISTRY.

YOU CAN TAKE A HORSE TO THE RIVER BUT YOU CAN NOT FORCE IT TO DRINK WATER.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
JeSoul: Lol. No I salute him because he is the kingofNL, or can't you see his name?
*some ppl are so wound up tight they cannot see a joke staring them dead in the face*

undecided undecided
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by KingOfNairaland: 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
JeSoul: Fellas fellas, pls stay on topic & no insulting of others. KingofNL, I salute you smiley
Thank you ma dear MOD. I never meant all these... Just that I hate it when ppl display their foolishness on what they don't even have an Idea of.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Odinaka00(m): 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Uyi Iredia: That's bad. What will the rest of T.D Jakes congregation learn from this ?

It doesn't stop congregation from paying their tigthes nd offering
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by KingOfNairaland: 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
shymexx:

undecided undecided
[size=14pt]Kindly "HIT" your head against the wall. I think that would solve your problems. wink[/size]
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by KingOfNairaland: 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ola one:
grin grin

Omo buruku. Your posts have been hidden.

I let her off because she could be moi wifey, you know. Women? I don't chide them, at all wink
Hahahahah! Lmbooo grin grin grin
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
KingOfNairaland: Kindly "HIT" your head against the wall. I think that would solve your problems. wink

But Christians are still the most unintelligent folks out there...

Why do you guys always quote what some stone age prophets said??

When are we going to start seeing facts and not allegories?

Answer my questions before I take my money and go seek 'salvation' in the strip club... grin

By the way, I love the book of psalms and the songs of Solomon - ex-Christian..

*I love big batty*
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by cheddarking(m): 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
When can I find this newly single lottery ticketgirl?
I would counsel and minister to her from the book of solomon.... grin
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by elampiro(m): 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
obadiah777: THATS CUZ THE CHILDREN SEE THE HYPOCRISY BETWEEN THE MANS REAL LIFE AND HIS ELEVATED SPIRITUAL STATUS AS A PASTOR. THAT STUFF MESSES WITH THEIR MINDS. THESE PASTORS ARE ALL SNAKES. THE KIDS ARE REBELLING

When pastors preach money instead of salvation, how will the people be guided spiritually? 'When the Son of man returns, will He find faith on earth?'' Jesus Christ.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
k2039:

That's what I keep telling people marriage is far mor than what meet the eyes(Not just love)

This is where the will of God come's in(marriage instituted by God)
Not like God's will marriage will be all rosy but He will provide a way out during the storm.

MARRIAGE NO BE BEANS OOO

The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."Matthew 19:10

Dude u are really funny.
When Chris okotie married his latest wife and said it was the will of God i guess he was wacking palmwine.
Or when Benny Hinn married his wife and even claimed that what who God revealed to be his wife with signs self, he had been on crack right?
Even this mighty(take that literally pls) past TD Jakes, so God didn't reveal to a whole him that that wasn't the guy for his daughter?

Lastly since when did love become what ''meets the eye''.
If lust is what u see as love then u really have a lot to learn.
Love is far deeper than material possessions; lust, or what meets the eye; and going to ur pastor to ask whether he or she is the right one for u.

And i'm guessing what u meant by God showing them a way out is divorce as depicted by ur religious leaders and family. Just guessing.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by KingOfNairaland: 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
shymexx:

But Christians are still the most unintelligent folks out there...

Why do you guys always quote what some stone age prophets said??

When are we going to start seeing facts and not allegories?

Answer my questions before I take my money and go seek 'salvation' in the strip club... grin

By the way, I love the book of psalms and the songs of Solomon - ex-Christian..

*I love big batty*

[size=15pt]Smh... No doubt this guy don "HAWK" bar Soap before. grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by mekaboy(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
for those of you criticising her, which news will you.prefer?

td jakes daughter ends marriage after 4years or

td jakes daughter contacted HIV from cheating husband after 4years of marriage.

does being td jakes daughter make her super human?

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by r231(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
ayo ade: As much as God hates divorse Malachi 2:16, and clearly states that Marriage is a life long affair,Matthew 19:6 and 1Corinthian 7:10-11,there is only one reason my God would permit divorse- unrepentant marital infidelity (mainly sexual immorality)on either side.

In her own case, the foundation was wrong and whatever is built on it will definitely not last,as it has turned out to be. We only pray that God we give the strenght survive this times and changes in her life.

yea yea

story undecided undecided
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Super1759: bro,get it straight. Most american pastors are passing through hell in their marriages. Was it not days back that benny got back to his family? Juanita bynum who got married to another minister,after a period of time divorced tooo. So many of them.
These people have changed lives and destinies and devil is seriously using their families to pull them down.
Anyone in the street can divorce,but coming from role models,mentors. Bro its wrong and should be dealth with
LEAVE THE DEVIL OUT OF THIS.

JAMES 1 VS 13-14 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by MacDaddy01: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
obadiah777: LEAVE THE DEVIL OUT OF THIS.

JAMES 1 VS 13-14 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed

Nice one, Buzugee.

Stop claiming the devil and take responsibility for your lust!
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Super1759:
Devil is really at work,attacking pastor through their families.

Thats right, blame the devil. Its always his fault anyway.
Curse him, go to that mountain full of fire and say ''u bleeping devil, die!die!die''.
Even though u are the one who went to the kichten and was tempted to steal a piece of meat, despite ur conscience knacking the heck out of u to not take it, u still did.
But its not ur fault, it never is.
Its that bleeping son of a gun trying to steal ur destiny through ur mother in law.
Go on and curse him alright?

Poor devil, thats all I can say.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by k2039: 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
inurmind:
Dude u are really funny.
When Chris okotie married his latest wife and said it was the will of God i guess he was wacking palmwine.
Or when Benny Hinn married his wife and even claimed that what who God revealed to be his wife with signs self, he had been on crack right?
Even this mighty(take that literally pls) past TD Jakes, so God didn't reveal to a whole him that that wasn't the guy for his daughter?
Those guys are human,it's not like they are perfect.
Proverbs 24:3 It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation.
Anyone can claim it is God's will,but by their fruit you shall know them(result of the marraige)
How come you didnt list the pastors that have their marriage working.(Pastor Adeboye,Bishop Oyedepo,Joel Osteen,etc)

inurmind: Lastly since when did love become what ''meets the eye''.
If lust is what u see as love then u really have a lot to learn.
Love is far deeper than material possessions; lust, or what meets the eye; and going to ur pastor to ask whether he or she is the right one for u.
Sorry to say this,but I think you should brush up your idiom 101.

''meets the eye'' is an idiom

inurmind: And i'm guessing what u meant by God showing them a way out is divorce as depicted by ur religious leaders and family. Just guessing.
If you prepare well for marriage you will get it right,(its not just saying I do at the alter,their is more to it).

Proverbs 24:3 It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Lenny5000(m): 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
musKeeto: Slowly, the hypocrisy on which Christianity is built is beginning to fall apart....
When real life test person, bible verse go start to dey transform...
Glory..

When people talk out of ignorance they tend to believe their own stuff. What do you or others actually know about Christianity? In a short form, Christianity is about having direct access to your Maker.. A father-Son relationship and not a Master-Servant one. A belief system that ask you to treat and love others like yourself. A believe system that ask you not to revenge ills against you. Now tell me what is hypocrisy about all these? If others don't do these, does that in anyway diminish the belief system of Christianity? I guess you are one of those that believe Big name Pastors..etc should be seen as the embodiment of Christianity... In the Christian belief system each of us are running our own individual race and will give account of it someday, so don't get it twisted. In your rush to Condemn and Judge, did you even bother to read the lady's reason for Divorce? Because from it you could discern there might be huge Violence and Sexual Immorality going on.. I don't advocate Divorce neither do I support Domestic Violence.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by passionate88: 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
musKeeto: Slowly, the hypocrisy on which Christianity is built is beginning to fall apart....
When real life test person, bible verse go start to dey transform...
Glory..
mosquito.. Always looking for whom to bite, infect nd kill... U'll b swatted... allahu ak.....
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by MacDaddy01: 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Lenny5000:

When people talk out of ignorance they tend to believe their own stuff. What do you or others actually know about Christianity? In a short form, Christianity is about having direct access to your Maker.. A father-Son relationship and not a Master-Servant one. A belief system that ask you to treat and love others like yourself. A believe system that ask you not to revenge ills against you. Now tell me what is hypocrisy about all these? If others don't do these, does that in anyway diminish the belief system of Christianity? I guess you are one of those that believe Big name Pastors..etc should be seen as the embodiment of Christianity... In the Christian belief system each of us are running our own individual race and will give account of it someday, so don't get it twisted. In your rush to Condemn and Judge, did you even bother to read the lady's reason for Divorce? Because from it you could discern there might be huge Violence and Sexual Immorality going on.. I don't advocate Divorce neither do I support Domestic Violence.

Muskeeto is right. Christianity is founded on hypocrisy.

Many of the christian prophet had more than one wife. There is also incest in the bible.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
k203:
Those guys are human,it's not like they are perfect.

It thought christians always like proffessing to be supernatural and exraordinary and special stuffs like that.

Anyone can claim it is God's will,but by their fruit you shall know them(result of the marraige)
How come you didnt list the pastors that have their marriage working.(Pastor Adeboye,Bishop Oyedepo,Joel Osteen,etc)

How are u sure their marriages are really working. U don't live with them. It might just be the pressure of the church and nothing more thats keeping them together. U don't know if Dav Oyedepo slaps the hell out of his wife when she misbehaves, or if past Adeboye bores his wife with the same old stories or something even more serious. U just don't know.

Sorry to say this,but I think you should brush up your idiom 101.

''meets the eye'' is an idiom

I know its an idiom mr literature but their roots are literal.
Tell me ''meets the eye'' goes beyond appearances and impressions.

If you prepare well for marriage you will get it right,(its not just saying I do at the alter,their is more to it).

That was my point!

Exactly, so u are indirectly saying all those pastors I mentioned earlier are foolish and lack understanding? Great.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by obowunmi(m): 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
I'm sure Oyedepo slaps the shitnitz out of his wife.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nairalanders are funny people,because she is a pastor's daughter,she must die in a marriage not giving her peace?.......
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by dasparrow: 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kx: Does the word marriage have different meanings between Americans/Europeans and Nigerians?

A good percentage of Nigerian Men openly indulge in adultery, 2nd, 3rd and 4th wife,concubines, runs etc to the knowledge of their legally married wives yet they keep their homes and marriages;but at the drop of a hat, an American would hurriedly divorce sighting adultery and irreconcilable differences. Why?

That is because americans are not hypocrites that believe in smiling and suffering like Nigerians. Not only that, americans are concerned about STDs like HIV/AIDS and no one would want to stay married to an unrepentant cheat for a spouse. What Nigerians consider marraige is not what God considers marraige. Marraige ought to be between a man and his wife and the bible permits divorce if a spouse will not stay faithful. There is a reason why Africa continues to remain the HIV/AIDS capital of the entire world. It is because many African men and women engage in very risky sexual behaviour knowing fully well that there is no cure for HIV/AIDS should they contact the deadly disease from their cheating spouses or lovers.

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by dasparrow: 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Yomieluv: Nairalanders are funny people,because she is a pastor's daughter,she must die in a marriage not giving her peace?.......

You dey mind them?
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by MacDaddy01: 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
dasparrow:

That is because americans are not hypocrites that believe in smiling and suffering like Nigerians. Not only that, americans are concerned about STDs like HIV/AIDS and no one would want to stay married to an unrepentant cheat for a spouse. What Nigerians consider marraige is not what God considers marraige. Marraige ought to be between a man and his wife and the bible permits divorce if a spouse will not stay faithful. There is a reason why Africa continues to remain the HIV/AIDS capital of the entire world. It is because many African men and women engage in very risky sexual behaviour knowing fully well that there is no cure for HIV/AIDS should they contact the deadly disease from their cheating spouses or lovers.

Epic comment sir.

A dose of common sense.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Nice one, Buzugee.

Stop claiming the devil and take responsibility for your lust!
WHO IS BUZUGE ? I AINT SEEN THAT KNUCKLEHEAD AROUND THESE PARTS IN A HOT MINUTE grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apostle Tomi Arayomi And His Wife Tahmar Arrested By DSS, Released / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Apostle Suleman & Wife Celebrate Excel, Their Daughter's 1st Birthday In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.