Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824845 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2013
Hbd Tobbie
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2013
lomaxx:

There's no money in Nigerian medical practice. The change is just enough to be comfortable.

I also do not believe that because you are saving lives, then it's a license to suffer. All over the world, doctors are earning very well and are still saving lives conveniently. The Nigerian case is very saddening. That's why we will always have brain drain, and people will always leave to climes where it is understood that saving lives is not synchronous with suffering.

Whether you did medicine for money, passion to save lives, or for fame, you will come to understand that the practice of medicine is all about principles. A doctor who's in for the money or fame but understands the principles of the practice is more relevant to the patient and will save more lives than one who is a just ''passionate to save lives'' but doesn't have a thorough drill of the profession. Doesn't matter what your intent is - just be sure you know what to do when the time is ripe.
permit me to tel u shiiiii. . . . U fall my leg o. . . . C, as an mbbs grad., u are on grade level 11 in d labour market unlike the other professiom whom are on grade level 6,7. Meaning ur pay is v. Good.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 11:42am On Nov 19, 2013
i hope dis isnt comin l8..congratzz Esther!!!!wishin u all d best! kiss ..and 2 al newly admitted medics,,ur welcome!!Aunty Aluta,i hpe dey've been "welcomed"? wink cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 19, 2013
glowin2shyn: i hope dis isnt comin l8..congratzz Esther!!!!wishin u all d best! kiss ..and 2 al newly admitted medics,,ur welcome!!Aunty Aluta,i hpe dey've been "welcomed"? wink cheesy

Lol....i don resign tongue
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Raphwise: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
lomaxx:

You have a syllabus?
pls Dr Lomaxx I also need the syllabus. I av been admitted to study med/sug in uniuyo, my email is wisdomnic@gmail.com Thanks in advance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
danox: How would I know that this has been treated in time past?I really think you don't have to respond to people particularly when you do not have something mature and meaningful to say.

I'm sorry. Didn't mean it that way.
Hope you've found your answers by now.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Olarewajub: 4:11am On Nov 20, 2013
Please What's the difference between Chromatid and Chromatin?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 5:31am On Nov 20, 2013
tnx glowin2shynsmiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2013
Olarewajub: Please What's the difference between Chromatid and Chromatin?

Chromatid = Condensed Chromatin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Raphwise: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2013
Thanks for the speedy response Dr Lomaxx. Thanks a lot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LizyL: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2013
hey Dr. Lomax, can you send the syllabus to me please. lizy925@yahoo.com thanks kindly
lomaxx:

It doesn't hurt to go a few pages back.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Raphwise:
pls Dr Lomaxx I also need the syllabus. I av been admitted to study med/sug in uniuyo, my email is wisdomnic@gmail.com Thanks in advance.

congrats. the syllabus is for preclinical year. I've sent it anyway.

LizyL: hey Dr. Lomax, can you send the syllabus to me please. lizy925@yahoo.com thanks kindly

You have mail.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
amb fitsaint,cn i get ur whatsapp num or 2go id?? nid 2 mke sme enquiries abt sumtin personal
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Raphwise: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dr Lomaxx can You pls help Me with some of the softcopies of the text books You have. I guess they are in PDF format. My Email is wisdomnic@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 11:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
m.esther96:
amb fitsaint,cn i get ur whatsapp num or 2go id?? nid 2 mke sme enquiries abt sumtin personal

No qualms.
I am "whasappless". But my 2go's moniker is Jesusfreak111
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2013
aiite,got dt,tnx smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2013
I-am-Winner:
BEING A GOOD MEDICAL STUDENT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE A GOOD DOCTOR

but..
Being a GOOD DOCTOR means you were once a GOOD medical student.......

so Mr. wats ur point
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
vicksbaba:

but..

so Mr. wats ur point
Do u know that dat statement was a link?. check and c my point(nt rili mine tho').
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
vicksbaba:

but..

so Mr. wats ur point
good
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Haha I'm glad to see this thread is still kicking. Una well done oh. So many pages to read up. I better get to it and learn from my seniors smiley
just got admitted to study medicine and surgery at the Univeristy of Nigeria Nsukka (direct entry)
#waltzing away gleefully#
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
Lagusta:

because people would want to go for medicine for the money, not for the passion to save lives.....
wow! U are the first person I've come across on nairaland who is reading medicine strictly to help people. I love that....
being a doctor isn't all about cash.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
charleymed: SOFT COPIES
BRS(board review series)- Embroyology, Histology, physiology, Anatomy, Genetics, Bio statistic, Biochemistry and Behavioural science.
NMS(national medical series)-Physiology
Gray's Anatomy(classic)
Mark's textbook of medical Biochemistry
kaplan's biochemistry
kaplan's lecture notes on each course.
Langman's Embroyology
Functional neuroanatomy.
Use google to search for them or better visit.
www.4shared.com to download.
NB: it is not compulsory that you will use all,and they are not mutually exclusive, either.
#peace.
wow! Thanks for this..........u are a life saver grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hello, its been long, i must have missed out on many things, congrats to Esther and other peeps that got admitted. @others apart from alutacontinua and unilorin peeps smiley how has the break been ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hmmmm.....where is everyone? undecided
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
STORM2: Hmmmm.....where is everyone? undecided

Hi there wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
lomaxx:

Hi there wink
grin
okay i'm happy now......some life is back. I have no real question again oh....read most of the previous posts so i know what's up cool
But wait oh....can anybody actually finish grays anatomy? And by "finish" i mean reading it from cover to cover.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
STORM2:
But wait oh....can anybody actually finish grays anatomy? And by "finish" i mean reading it from cover to cover.

You mean Gray's Anatomy for Students? Or the Grandfather Gray?

Well- anything is possible. The crux in Nigerian med school system is that there's too much information in too many standard texts. Your job as a smart student is to know information that you need, as you will be guided by your lecturers.

I don't see the smartness in reading Big Gray's Anatomy "cover to cover". But like I said earlier- anything is possible.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
lomaxx: ***Your job as a smart student is to know information that you need, as you will be guided by your lecturers.
I don't see the smartness in reading Big Gray's Anatomy "cover to cover". But like I said earlier- anything is possible***
Hmmm....yeah I'd rather do things the smart way grin
Cos I was wondering how a person will settle down and read a textbook with so many pages shocked
#matter settled# thanks...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2013
Can somebody recommend a good morbid anatomy testbook for me?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:49am On Nov 24, 2013
Emzybrown: Can somebody recommend a good morbid anatomy testbook for me?

Robbins pathologic basis of disease?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
Lagusta:

Robbins pathologic basis of disease?
bro thanks i asked u a question before but i did not know, wheda u replied. When do unilorinth normaly conduct internship exam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.