Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,938 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1827867 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kslib(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2014
lomaxx, you can now comment!

It was the bot that caught you!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2014
Kslib: lomaxx, you can now comment!

It was the bot that caught you!

Thanks man.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
lomaxx:
Thanks man.
So which should I start with and can u give me an estimate of their prices?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
ebsuguy:
So which should I start with and can u give me an estimate of their prices?

The only books I bought there are:

1) Norman Browse
2) Falase (big and small)

The rest were downloaded from the World Wide Web into a tablet. Depends on whether you are a hard copy or soft copy person.

Apart from the prices, most of them are not available in Nigeria. If you're good to go with soft copy, I'll guide you to where you can download all of them.

For HistoPathology, start with Pathology secrets. For Microbiology, get Clinical Microbiology made Ridiculously Simple(I forgot this one. Played a pivot role in my MCB successes). For Chemical Pathology, Primer would do. Hoffbrand would do for Hematology.

For Pharm, start with USMLE Pharm. if you graze your foundation with this one, I won't be surprised if you have a distinction in Pharm.

You need to know your signs and symptoms, this is where I recommend Alagappan instead of Hutchinson. It has a more tropical perspective.

Buy Norman Browse, it's gonna cover the lapses made by Alagappan.

You need a guide. I can give you course outlines in each of everything to start studying. Drop your mail.

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
lomaxx:

1) Norman Browse

The rest were downloaded from the World Wide Web into a tablet. Depends on whether you are a hard copy or soft copy person.

Apart from the prices, most of them are not available in Nigeria. If you're good to go with soft copy, I'll guide you to where you can download all of them.

For HistoPathology, start with Pathology secrets. For Microbiology, get Clinical Microbiology made Ridiculously Simple(I forgot this one. Played a pivot role in my MCB successes). For Chemical Pathology, Primer would do. Hoffbrand would do for Hematology.

For Pharm, start with USMLE Pharm. if you graze your foundation with this one, I won't be surprised if you have a distinction in Pharm.

You need to know your signs and symptoms, this is where I recommend Alagappan instead of Hutchinson. It has a more tropical perspective.

You need a guide. I can give you course outlines in each of everything to start studying. Drop your mail.
Dr lomaxx please can you help me with medical biochemistry by chartterjea...... here is my mail
com
softcopy please...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyestephen(m): 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
to dr lomaxx and everyone else...i'm presently moving into 200l in microbiology in covenant university....any useful tip, course outlines, softcopies etc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
lomaxx:
1) Norman Browse

Thanks...Am really grateful and I appreciate your effort in helping me...chuks4ndu@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
wow! I love this trend. Best trend ever; can't believe i've read up to this extent. I've been a secret follower of this trend, and i must say a big thanks to sir lagusta, Dr gboy, Dr lomaxx, ebsuguy just to mention a few.
Pls pals Keep it up.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:10am On Jul 17, 2014
charleymed: Dr lomaxx please can you help me with medical biochemistry by chartterjea...... here is my mail
kelechi. uc @gmail. com
softcopy please...

Mail sent.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ahmedgafar7(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
Any senior pharmacy student here ? Need some help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 18, 2014
Any lasu medical student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 3:49am On Jul 18, 2014
lomaxx:

Mail sent.
downloaded.... thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jamy01: 6:27am On Jul 18, 2014
Wishing all aspiring students the best. Just a little note to thank you all here (especially the founder). You've been of tremendous assistance. Keep the flag flying please.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 6:50am On Jul 18, 2014
good morning all.

Are biochemists part of the "medical field"? Or should we go somewhere elseeeeeee?

Great medics

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
hope you guys are doing well? longest time no view page lol. una well done me am currently opt for optometry in uniben. i thought it is 4 years program but when i browse through uniben site i saw 6 years program.

1. hmmmm please how lucrative this course is?
2. is it closely related to MBBS?
3. what chances do i have to work in a hospital?
4. just kinda worried shocked lipsrsealed grin grin tongue.
embarassed tongue kiss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
lomaxx:

Balance comes with time. I still know my limits. If you want to find balance, be ready to study anywhere and everywhere. Refuse to have a dedicated/special reading time. Strive to read everywhere you find yourself - on impulse.

I carry my iPad everywhere. In the taxi from point A to point B, I don commot am to read. We're waiting for a lecturer in class, instead of participating in the noise making, my iPad is out to study. Or im cooking beans in my kitchen, instead of waiting lazily for the beans to get soft, commot book stand dia and read.

Read in btw hours and schedules. Charge your brain to remember as you study. Recite to yourself when you study...ask questions and find the answers.

My dear, people spend time doing various things. Some spend it sleeping, partying, doing politics etc etc. I spend mind doing the things I love.

One thing I don't want in the future, is to wake up one morning and realize I have wasted my time.
hmmmm you want to kill me with thinking abi? men you just make me think 7 hours hmmmmmmm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dharyhor: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
let me just finish ma overture(first year) before speaking with u guys in medical vocabulary
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2014
lomaxx:

Mail sent.
Dr lomaxx, please can you also help me with NMS Physiology?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ninja4life(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
lomaxx:

1) Norman Browse

hi though am currently in 100level,i will like to hav the soft copy of d textbooks i will be needing in pre-clinical and clinical?my email is :majekodunmiajiboye@gmail.com will be glad if u can send me some pdf files of d textbooks u hav or post d links here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
charleymed: Dr lomaxx, please can you also help me with NMS Physiology?

Search using Google. I don't have that one here.

Try filecrop.com, 4shared ,or 2shared

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 4:51am On Jul 20, 2014
lomaxx:
Chief,my mail is still empty o.
Chuks4ndu@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:07am On Jul 20, 2014
ebsuguy:
Chuks4ndu@gmail.com

I sent it twice. Check ur spam folder
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:05am On Jul 20, 2014
ebsuguy:
Chuks4ndu@gmail.com

The one I sent to was chuks4uniben

I've forwarded to this one

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
lomaxx:

Mail sent.
. greeting Dr. thanks 4 what u did 4 me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
lomaxx:

filecrop.com is under investgation when i last checked it which is 3 sec b4 sending dis msg.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
Joeprince2nd: filecrop.com is under investgation when i last checked it which is 3 sec b4 sending dis msg.

Wow.
That's some serious shit.
It will def be on 4shared.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
Joeprince2nd: . greeting Dr. lomaxx. i am an aspirant of unijos applied 4 mbbs. pls i would b greatfull if u can b able 2 send me some of dose medical books so that at list i should have an idea of whats ahead of me. my email is adayi.josephagoh@gmail.com thanks DR.

Alright.
I'm preparing a presentation for a bank to get sponsorship for a TV programme. It's tomorrow. So gimme some time to wrap up my work here and I'll get back to you. Thanks for understanding.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by UromOta(m): 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
lomaxx:

Alright.
I'm preparing a presentation for a bank to get sponsorship for a TV programme. It's tomorrow. So gimme some time to wrap up my work here and I'll get back to you. Thanks for understanding.
bro Lommax, am also interested pls. Am an aspirant , uniuyo. Diz ma email. Uromotamaths@gmail.com. thank u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mkayy: 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Pls I need an advice: I'm a student of unilorin,currently studying Anatomy. I'm going 2 200l nw. I wrote another jamb wit d hope of meeting d cut off mark 4 medicine bt culdnt. Nw I'm thinking of reapplying 4 Anatomy,as I will v a much more stronger probability 2 cross 2 medicine.... Wat do u c on dis resolution of mine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by anthoniosp(m): 9:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hello am Anthony a 200l medical student at ksu and like please... We happen to be the first set..... And seriously I need past question.... And yall need to stop this cap about the whole seriousness.... Can't we freestyle this medicine like make it less boring especially anatomy of the upper limb.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mkayy: Pls I need an advice: I'm a student of unilorin,currently studying Anatomy. I'm going 2 200l nw. I wrote another jamb wit d hope of meeting d cut off mark 4 medicine bt culdnt. Nw I'm thinking of reapplying 4 Anatomy,as I will v a much more stronger probability 2 cross 2 medicine.... Wat do u c on dis resolution of mine.
hmmm... dis s a very serious one sha
I understand how d passion for medicine cld be n atvd same tym how dangerous it cld b if u try it.....
but if u r sure of yrself, do it..... but pls think very well before taking a decision....
m also a unilorite ....200lvl mbbs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
DrHesjay: hmmm... dis s a very serious one sha
I understand how d passion for medicine cld be n atvd same tym how dangerous it cld b if u try it.....
but if u r sure of yrself, do it..... but pls think very well before taking a decision....
m also a unilorite ....200lvl mbbs
Dr GPM so you finally didn't call me again. 08039516712

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.