Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836734 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mhiztee: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Doclight: Pls is dentistry a gud subtitute for medicine? And can sum1 really put me through on what dentistry really meant. And what are the things one can do with MBBS?
Doctors in the house. .please answer this question. I'm confused too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ngkessy: 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
greetings great docs in d house, pls wazzidon, Im a little bit confused abt d upcoming postume, I got 214 in jamb, I dnt knw if I'm eligible for d course with dis score, pls what are my chances, I will also like to know the process of this ume exam, do I hve to buy a form, register, or what, pls help. thank u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Suresh08: 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
please can anyone recommend an antifungal creme for athlete's foot??..
thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joshuadon: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
HELLO
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 02, 2014
Hello medics... M jst curious about this.
Was reading Numerical Chromosomal Abnormalities and i saw that both Trisomy 18 n Trisomy 13 have mental retardation as one of d features. i also read that in both cases,d individuals do not live longer than 2months...
My question is...how did they know that mental retardation is a feature when d patients do not even grow?
Or is it that mental retardation can be noticed in the babies?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
Was reading Numerical Chromosomal Abnormalities and i saw that both Trisomy 18 n Trisomy 13 have mental retardation as one of d features. i also read that in both cases,d individuals do not live longer than 2months...
My question is...how did they know that mental retardation is a feature when d patients do not even grow?
Dr Hesjay gd day, i missed your contact. flash me with 08039516712 I will call you.thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hello house! It's been a while.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBrizz(m): 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
Is it possible to gain admission into medicine and surgery with a jamb score of 195? Immediate answers pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by idris4r83(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
DBrizz: Is it possible to gain admission into medicine and surgery with a jamb score of 195? Immediate answers pls
2 low 4 mbbs bro if am in your shoes I'll get a change of course form before its 2 late.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lebienconnu: 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
DBrizz: Is it possible to gain admission into medicine and surgery with a jamb score of 195? Immediate answers pls

if you can afford LASU i would advise you consider a change of institution. You only need to hammer the post utme well. I heard of someone with 187 last year that successfully got admitted for medicine in LASU on merit. Although, it is expected that the school experiences more traffic due to the reductuon of the fee and as such, medicine will be more competitive in the future. it is worth giving a trial.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
N who's dis pls
Bush2013: Dr Hesjay gd day, i missed your contact. flash me with 08039516712 I will call you.thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
N who's dis pls
I was your 2go friend. I chosed unilorin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2014
Back here hmmm nyc1
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vicjay1(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2014
Johnfavour: Helo meds. I ll b 20 diz year. Am i not to old to go for medicine n wot age z d limit 4 N.Y.S.C? Tanx
NYSC is 30 and below. Hw do u mean too old for medicine, I have a 50, 43 and 40 yr old students in my class. They got admitted into 100L
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRADELYN: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
grin
Research is Our Business.

Don't Fail to reach us when you need HELP/GUIDE.

*Research Project Experts*

Why Tradelyn?

~ We Offer you A FREE TRIAL to ascertain our capability.

~ We don't encourage the usual "Copy & Paste" Research Work as it's Illegal, Bad, Dangerous, Fake, etc.

~ Our Fees are quite Affordable relative to the excellent Service offered (we allow installmental payment as well).

~ We take up any research project in any field of Study (e.g. Law, IT, Art, Science, Oil & Gas, etc).

~ We will Beat the Project Submission Deadline so that you have enough time to review.

So, Are you starting ToDaY?

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=DrHesjay][/quote]

That's a very intelligent one.

Actually, a good number of folks with these Trisomies are not carried to term. Most are aborted spontaneously. For the ones that are carried to term, a good percentage of them are stillborn.

However, some are lucky to survive. Very very few. The clinical features of both Trisomies are disastrous that's why they don't survive for long. However, those that survive can show features of mental retardation.

That's how mental retardation is seen in those Trisomies. Some lucky ones survive.

Hope you're good.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 07, 2014
lomaxx:

That's a very intelligent one.

Actually, a good number of folks with these Trisomies are not carried to term. Most are aborted spontaneously. For the ones that are carried to term, a good percentage of them are stillborn.

However, some are lucky to survive. Very very few. The clinical features of both Trisomies are disastrous that's why they don't survive for long. However, those that survive can show features of mental retardation.

That's how mental retardation is seen in those Trisomies. Some lucky ones survive.

Hope you're good.
Wow...Thanks for d answer boss
M good..u?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 12:37am On Jul 07, 2014
DrHesjay: Wow...Thanks for d answer boss
M good..u?

Asides being a medical student, I'm now a radio presenter. The programme is on the historical dynamics of gospel music amidst the current trends. After 13 weeks of running on radio to build listenership, it's gonna go on TV. That's why I'm staying up this late, working on my script (I hate staying up late). I want to try my hands on some media stuff and see how far that takes me.

Besides that, life is normal with the NMA drama going on. Clinical rotations have been suspended till the strike is called off. These people no wan mek I do commot for this place. Dem think say na only patient dey suffer.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 12:41am On Jul 07, 2014
lomaxx:

Asides being a medical student, I'm now a radio presenter. The programme is on the historical dynamics of gospel music amidst the current trends. After 13 weeks of running on radio to build listenership, it's gonna go on TV. That's why I'm staying up this late, working on my script (I hate staying up late). I want to try my hands on some media stuff and see how far that takes me.

Besides that, life is normal with the NMA drama going on. Clinical rotations have been suspended till the strike is called off. These people no wan mek I do commot for this place. Dem think say na only patient dey suffer.

Dunno but its lyk i envy u, having a balance btw Med schl nd social activities. Wish i can do same also, partly into Rap.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 12:50am On Jul 07, 2014
ashhascash:

Dunno but its lyk i envy u, having a balance btw Med schl nd social activities. Wish i can do same also, partly into Rap.

Balance comes with time. I still know my limits. If you want to find balance, be ready to study anywhere and everywhere. Refuse to have a dedicated/special reading time. Strive to read everywhere you find yourself - on impulse.

I carry my iPad everywhere. In the taxi from point A to point B, I don commot am to read. We're waiting for a lecturer in class, instead of participating in the noise making, my iPad is out to study. Or im cooking beans in my kitchen, instead of waiting lazily for the beans to get soft, commot book stand dia and read.

Read in btw hours and schedules. Charge your brain to remember as you study. Recite to yourself when you study...ask questions and find the answers.

My dear, people spend time doing various things. Some spend it sleeping, partying, doing politics etc etc. I spend mind doing the things I love.

One thing I don't want in the future, is to wake up one morning and realize I have wasted my time.

11 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 12:58am On Jul 07, 2014
lomaxx:

Balance comes with time. I still know my limits. If you want to find balance, be ready to study anywhere and everywhere. Refuse to have a dedicated/special reading time. Strive to read everywhere you find yourself - on impulse.

I carry my iPad everywhere. In the taxi from point A to point B, I don commot am to read. We're waiting for a lecturer in class, instead of participating in the noise making, my iPad is out to study. Or im cooking beans in my kitchen, instead of waiting lazily for the beans to get soft, commot book stand dia and read.

Read in btw hours and schedules. Charge your brain to remember as you study. Recite to yourself when you study...ask questions and find the answers.

My dear, people spend time doing various things. Some spend it sleeping, partying, doing politics etc etc. I spend mind doing the things I love.

One thing I don't want in the future, is to wake up one morning and realize I have wasted my time.

Hmmm wise words.
Ur last paragraph is rily motivating.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Skykid1208(m): 3:50am On Jul 07, 2014
Greetings to all Docs in the house, I got 206 in Jamb and i want to go 4 MBBS in KSU, pls what are my chances
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Lol... Nice one bro
I really think its a good thing trying to learn things outside med skl....
lomaxx:

and as to the strike....i fink they said its a one week thingy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 07, 2014
@ashhacash
...boss mii, saw ur post on d other thread...
Yes o..m thru.....
We pray God intervenes in d oau matter.
Anyway,i'll advise u lay your hands on something for now
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
DrHesjay: @ashhacash
...boss mii, saw ur post on d other thread...
Yes o..m thru.....
We pray God intervenes in d oau matter.
Anyway,i'll advise u lay your hands on something for now

Yea we jux hoping for d best.
I guess u enjoying ur break.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 8:25am On Jul 08, 2014
Dr Lomaxx, ure such an inspiration... More ink to ur pen!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
JewelBukky: Dr Lomaxx, ure such an inspiration... More ink to ur pen!

Thanks.
Hope you're sailing fairly
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by musty001: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmm!
JewelBukky,lngest tyme.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2014
alutacontinua, top of the morning/afternoon/evening to you.

You've been off the radar.

What happened?

What's happening?

I've left you millions of messages on bbm angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2014
lomaxx: alutacontinua, top of the morning/afternoon/evening to you.

You've been off the radar.

What happened?

What's happening?

I've left you millions of messages on bbm angry

lol....I used my phone for charity when I came to Naija. Stuck with a boring Nokia for now, I'm mostly on viber or skype or YM these days, how are you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2014
alutacontinua:

lol....I used my phone for charity when I came to Naija. Stuck with a boring Nokia for now, I'm mostly on viber or skype or YM these days, how are you?

I dey miss yu scatter.
Seriously embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.