Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1847368 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

first of all do u stay in USA?
Secondly,can u link me up with any usmle past questions site?
Finally,whats d meaning of all these pro dis pro dat? Coz i'm a fresher
Thnks in advance.
No i don't stay in the USA, am a med stud at unijos med schl,but i want to do my residency(post graduate training) in the states, so that is why am much interested in USMLE(united state medical licensing examination). There are many sites where u can get info about usmle, including the pratice aids,as pastQ's etc.. But i will recomend (www.usmleworld.com) for u, cos it have been of great help to me. Finally, PRO is simply the opposite of ANTI-, so when someone says that he is pro-neuro, it simply means that he likes and would like to specialize in field of either, Neurology or neuro-surgery. Ok Doc, i guess i have been able to answer ur questions, sir.
Doctors!!!
Good heart!!!
Skilled hands!!!
Vast knowledge!!!
Just keep the flag high.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

first of all do u stay in USA?
Secondly,can u link me up with any usmle past questions site?
Finally,whats d meaning of all these pro dis pro dat? Coz i'm a fresher
Thnks in advance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nonleviki: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
Am not a reading type, i do ready bt nt d no of hours u guy mention here. I pray God wud help me 2 b reading 4 hours. Am a dental fresher in uniport. I need advice on hw 2 improve my reading habit.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
Nonleviki: Am not a reading type, i do ready bt nt d no of hours u guy mention here. I pray God wud help me 2 b reading 4 hours. Am a dental fresher in uniport. I need advice on hw 2 improve my reading habit.
ur welcome sir/ma, we are always at ur service anytime, just feel free to ask ur questions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
Guddae felo medics,hau ve u bin? @Dr.Lagusta,d Lord is ur muscle,hau ve ur roundz bin?@ charlesmed and oda new ppl, here,you are welcome!!! @ Dr Gboy,OME, and al freshaz,may God help us as we start this journey,WISDOM,KNOWLEDGE AND UNDASTANDIN wud b our companion....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
Guddae felo medics,hau ve u bin? @Dr.Lagusta,d Lord is ur muscle,hau ve ur roundz bin?@ charlesmed and oda new ppl, here,you are welcome!!! @ Dr Gboy,OME, and al freshaz,may God help us as we start this journey,WISDOM,KNOWLEDGE AND UNDASTANDIN wud b our companion....@phoenix and al our medics in diaspora,i c u.....rep us wel o,and 2 al d@ ve contributd tru advice nd ncouragement....u'd b replenishd IJN!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Nonleviki: Am not a reading type, i do ready bt nt d no of hours u guy mention here. I pray God wud help me 2 b reading 4 hours. Am a dental fresher in uniport. I need advice on hw 2 improve my reading habit.

u need to start a habit of reading by stopping other habits that makes u not to read.
If u read for a short period of time,take lyk 5-10 mins break,then get back to ur reading,u can read for abt 6hrs provided there are no distractions. i promise u, u will not feel tired at all.
This strategy rlly helps.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
glowin2shyn: Guddae felo medics,hau ve u bin? @Dr.Lagusta,d Lord is ur muscle,hau ve ur roundz bin?@ charlesmed and oda new ppl, here,you are welcome!!! @ Dr Gboy,OME, and al freshaz,may God help us as we start this journey,WISDOM,KNOWLEDGE AND UNDASTANDIN wud b our companion....@phoenix and al our medics in diaspora,i c u.....rep us wel o,and 2 al d@ ve contributd tru advice nd ncouragement....u'd b replenishd IJN!

AMEN!!! to that prayer,
hmmmmn have u resumed at UNIBEN ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
charleymed: No i don't stay in the USA, am a med stud at unijos med schl,but i want to do my residency(post graduate training) in the states, so that is why am much interested in USMLE(united state medical licensing examination). There are many sites where u can get info about usmle, including the pratice aids,as pastQ's etc.. But i will recomend (www.usmleworld.com) for u, cos it have been of great help to me. Finally, PRO is simply the opposite of ANTI-, so when someone says that he is pro-neuro, it simply means that he likes and would like to specialize in field of either, Neurology or neuro-surgery. Ok Doc, i guess i have been able to answer ur questions, sir.
Doctors!!!
Good heart!!!
Skilled hands!!!
Vast knowledge!!!
Just keep the flag high.

that's a very good plan u got,but i'll still do more research on this USMLE tinz.furthermore, with ur explanation,then definetly i'm also a pro-neuro. I so much love studying d brain,its complexity,the nature of coordination and most especially human intelligence.
Thanks for d website and d clarification of this pro stuff,i so much appreciate it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
charleymed: No i don't stay in the USA, am a med stud at unijos med schl,but i want to do my residency(post graduate training) in the states, so that is why am much interested in USMLE(united state medical licensing examination). There are many sites where u can get info about usmle, including the pratice aids,as pastQ's etc.. But i will recomend (www.usmleworld.com) for u, cos it have been of great help to me. Finally, PRO is simply the opposite of ANTI-, so when someone says that he is pro-neuro, it simply means that he likes and would like to specialize in field of either, Neurology or neuro-surgery. Ok Doc, i guess i have been able to answer ur questions, sir.
Doctors!!!
Good heart!!!
Skilled hands!!!
Vast knowledge!!!
Just keep the flag high.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

that's a very good plan u got,but i'll still do more research on this USMLE tinz.furthermore, with ur explanation,then definetly i'm also a pro-neuro. I so much love studying d brain,its complexity,the nature of coordination and most especially human intelligence.
Thanks for d website and d clarification of this pro stuff,i so much appreciate it
ur welcome bro. Am happy that u are pro-neuro, but u have to understand that neuro, is a speciality where many are called, but very very few are chosen. So fasten ur seat belt. More grease to ur elbow, sir and once more, u are welcome to the neuro league. Shalom!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

AMEN!!! to that prayer,
hmmmmn have u resumed at UNIBEN ?
not yet o,buh physical clearance starts mondae 5th,i no u'd be rexumin 12th,got ur things ready ryt?Ur reading schedule is a chalenge...kept up! The sky is ur starting point
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2012
Reading 6 hourz per day is an uphill task at d beginning but wit time it getz easy.I don't even know where 2 specialize in 4 naw.Stil a fresher sha,wil kickstart lecture come November 12.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
U guyz here are Genius o.I'm an average student but whenever i c my matez doin sumtin extraordinary i join d cacus and adapt 2 d system.DR GBOY,Thumbs up,u are already tru wit FSC 105,When i'm stil sliping and waking.Ave not fully get my momentum,May God just help me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2012
glowin2shyn: not yet o,buh physical clearance starts mondae 5th,i no u'd be rexumin 12th,got ur things ready ryt?Ur reading schedule is a chalenge...kept up! The sky is ur starting point
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2012
glowin2shyn: not yet o,buh physical clearance starts mondae 5th,i no u'd be rexumin 12th,got ur things ready ryt?Ur reading schedule is a chalenge...kept up! The sky is ur starting point
Thanks
yap,i got my things ready, d only prob is that the hostel application hzn't strtd yet.how is my reading schdl a challenge?, i'm sure u can do way better than that.
Hope u've also been studying for ur 1st semester even though u've not resumed yet? Anyway sha It iz well.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2012
aliandro: U guyz here are Genius o.I'm an average student but whenever i c my matez doin sumtin extraordinary i join d cacus and adapt 2 d system.DR GBOY,Thumbs up,u are already tru wit FSC 105,When i'm stil sliping and waking.Ave not fully get my momentum,May God just help me.

na so we see am o grin
i'm thru with it already,bros u need to stop 'sleeping and waking up' ,don't u know competition will be tough in class, try as much as possible to gain momentum with d remaining wk left.
All d best
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:32am On Nov 03, 2012
charleymed: ur welcome bro. Am happy that u are pro-neuro, but u have to understand that neuro, is a speciality where many are called, but very very few are chosen. So fasten ur seat belt. More grease to ur elbow, sir and once more, u are welcome to the neuro league. Shalom!
sir? ?? I should be the one calling u sir.
I know it ain't easy,but with God all things are possible.thnks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

sir? ?? I should be the one calling u sir.
I know it ain't easy,but with God all things are possible.thnks
lolz, that is the norm here bro, we call everbody SIR,remember humility pays alot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2012
How far everybody. This is not to scare anybody but if u just entered uNIBEN med sch and u don't like to read, you're gonna fail out because d load in Uniben med sch is enormous. So d first thing u shud do is to learn to read very well. Mk friends with pple dat love to read. With time ull adapt.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mormoni(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2012
please who knows of any private uni that offers mbbs in Ghana? Please I need the link and how to apply. Tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mormoni(m): 10:53am On Nov 04, 2012
mormoni: please who knows of any private uni that offers mbbs in Ghana? Please I need the link and how to apply. Tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 11:32am On Nov 04, 2012
*passing by*

Hey medics- hope you all are good.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jesufantastic: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
Nice one Dr. I followed dis trend from the begining and I'm like crying cause I wanted medicine but I was admitted into Agriculture (u know Ilorin now), I made several attemtz but nothing, now in 500level agronomy but still willing to save that woman and her child. Friends is there any university that can take 2:1 B.Agric for medicine. Thankz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Afeisume: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
Troynow: How far everybody. This is not to scare anybody but if u just entered uNIBEN med sch and u don't like to read, you're gonna fail out because d load in Uniben med sch is enormous. So d first thing u shud do is to learn to read very well. Mk friends with pple dat love to read. With time ull adapt.
pls sir, r u a uniben med studnt?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
^^^yea,pls Sir,are u a med stdnt der? And if u r,pls i'l nid more advice,d buks nd courses 4 a 100 level stdnt,i jux got in.tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

Thanks
yap,i got my things ready, d only prob is that the hostel application hzn't strtd yet.how is my reading schdl a challenge?, i'm sure u can do way better than that.
Hope u've also been studying for ur 1st semester even though u've not resumed yet? Anyway sha It iz well.
mayb wen u rexume it wil xtat,it is a chalenge 'cos wel am stl getn dere<stdy hrz duratn>,*coverin face*i vent o,i dnt ve any ov d buks yet,bt since we're startin clearance 2mao i'l make enquires,pls cud drop any rekomend texts?tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 5:49am On Nov 05, 2012
glowin2shyn: mayb wen u rexume it wil xtat,it is a chalenge 'cos wel am stl getn dere<stdy hrz duratn>,*coverin face*i vent o,i dnt ve any ov d buks yet,bt since we're startin clearance 2mao i'l make enquires,pls cud drop any rekomend texts?tanx
kk,i'm not sure if d same txt i'm about to list applies to ur uni ,but u culd give it a try
1. Cambridge biological science
2. Cambridge Advanced chemistry
3. Nelkon and parker advanced physics.
4. Introductory university mathematics.
5. Engineering maths by K.A Stroud
6. College schaums physics outline
and possibly any english txt which you think is ok by u.
It's not compulsory to get everything but most importantly try to get d Biological science.
Best of luck with your clearance.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 7:26am On Nov 05, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

kk,i'm not sure if d same txt i'm about to list applies to ur uni ,but u culd give it a try
1. Cambridge biological science
2. Cambridge Advanced chemistry
3. Nelkon and parker advanced physics.
4. Introductory university mathematics.
5. Engineering maths by K.A Stroud
6. College schaums physics outline
and possibly any english txt which you think is ok by u.
It's not compulsory to get everything but most importantly try to get d Biological science.
Best of luck with your clearance.
tanks a lot!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by andyjell01(m): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2012
My fellow med student I Greet u all
I'm a 400level mbbs student of the niger delta university.
For those of u dat just got into medicine,I congratulate u,but I also want to let u knw dat medicine is a very scary place if u don't want to work hard.
Being in 400level I av @ every stage of my class watch my friends drop out of medicine because they either failed or couldn't continue,I'm tryin 2 make u understand dat u av 2 set ur priorities rite if u want stay in medicine,the time to play would always come,but make sure u read and my candid advice is if u read and u don't understand plz cram it oooooo.
Year 1 medicine in my sch and I'm sure in most other schools mostly deals wit d sciences,like chemistry 101,biology 101,physics 101,and some other general studies courses and in my sch we do community medicine in year 1.
So try and pray and ask for grace,becos truthffully some of us dat r still in it,it is not because we r very brilliant it has just been grace,somtimes sef we pass with just d required mark needed to scale tru.
For our old med students,I hail una,for d new ones ekabo!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 9:26am On Nov 05, 2012
Everybody just dey throw advise up and down. Even when it is necessarily not necessary.
Na wa o o o.
All work and no play - quite nice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 7:50am On Nov 06, 2012
U ave 2 continue with d advice coz doz pple dat droppd out may not ave d opportunity of diz.But we here gaining 4rom u d predecessorz,it is very great.fellow medics,cum in and drop advices,return diz thread 2 d front page.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.