Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1830069 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Goodyshoes(m): 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
Chikabel:
Hello guys, I'm a 4th year med student, Enugu State University College of Medicine. Funny enough, I have pharmacology assessment tomorrow. Wish me luck, guys smiley
Wish yhu all the best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PrinceDinno(m): 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
DrTony1:
Nice to see this topic re surface again after many years Lagusta was really good at it. Im a doctor & graduated from UNN, doing my internship now. feel free to detonate any meaningful question, any tips & help especially from bros & Sis from UNN. Pls keep up the hardwork there as you wont believe how good you ll shine after graduation....

hi doc Tony. At last dere is hope! ve been hearing series of stories of how its so difficult to graduate from unn med sch. although I'm still an aspirant, it will be my pleasure getting in touch with you. tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pzone: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
rugged7:
My strong advice to any recent medical graduate in Nigeria is:Give ur self 2 to 3 years post graduation.
Complete your internship and youth service.
And then leave Nigeria.....
Take PLAB, EFMG, USMLE, australia or canadian board etc and leave o!
A word is enough for the wise...
why
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
leyinjuege:
I'm in 3rd year & studying in Ghana but I'll probably return to Nigeria to practise. Do I have to do my housemanship in Nigeria or take any exams before I can practise there?
Ask other Nigerians who finished from Ghana. They'll be best placed to answer you. There may be an easier route for Ghana-trained doctors because of the similar training patterns and Nigerian residents even go for exams in Ghana. Finally, why are you so keen on practising here? Why not USMLE instead? Why spend all that money in Ghana only to come back? Which sch are you in? UCC?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lagusta:

Yes my number is on my siggy
ok boss. I will add you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jogba(m): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
Pls am gradute from college of Nursin kafanchan, I apply DE in Unilorin, wen do dey normally sell deir forms nd exam date!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrTony1(m): 12:09am On Jun 16, 2015
PrinceDinno:

hi doc Tony. At last dere is hope! ve been hearing series of stories of how its so difficult to graduate from unn med sch. although I'm still an aspirant, it will be my pleasure getting in touch with you. tnx

Well my brother, its really difficult but so is most medical school. Felt that way many years ago, so I perfectly understand. Truth is with smart work & Gods grace you ll pull through. Goodluck in your quest dinno!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrTony1(m): 12:17am On Jun 16, 2015
Igbasonproff1:
Okay tnx... bt i still have a problem. i.e
comprehension. i learnt that as an mbbs
student u would have to do voluminous work!
but my problem is dat i easily forget wat i study
thereby makin me to study over and over
again. So i want to ask! If i get the admission Godwilling, is it advisable to use brain booster
to study? cos i knw its not normal
forgetin...maybe medical problem... becus if i
get the admission i would love to get 1st class
or its equivalent in medicine. thanks.
You dont need any brain booster, most of them have bad side effects. Stay away from them totally. With systematic continuous & repeatitive study you ll grab it. Truth is to be a Doctor from UNN doesnt come easy

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Skybob(m): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2015
How much intern doctors dey earn sef, is d pay good?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wow! I'm so happy that this thread made fp after three years. I've been following tho i've not fully subscribed....

The then sec. school boy (me) is now a medical aspirant and the then medical student (Sir Lagusta) is now a Medical Doctor.

Interesting!!!

Kudos to sir Lagusta, Lomaxx, Thewhizkid, oluafolabi, simba1, DrHesjay, IkembaCMD, and all those who have touched lives (like me) positively in this thread.

Keep the light on!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
smartdave1:
Wow! I'm so happy that this thread made fp after three years. I've been following tho i've not fully subscribed....

The then sec. school boy (me) is now a medical aspirant and the then medical student (Sir Lagusta) is now a Medical Doctor.

Interesting!!!

Kudos to sir Lagusta, Lomaxx, Thewhizkid, oluafolabi, simba1, DrHesjay, IkembaCMD, and all those who have touched lives (like me) positively in this thread.

Keep the light on!

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
smartdave1:

Interesting!!!

Keep the light on!
Boss!! Thanks for the commendation.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Jez lyk many oda ppl on diz thread, I also stumbled upon diz thread accidentally and av been followin it closely in d little way I can..I av read and saw with my eyes satisfactory motivations...to pursue ur dream course.. I av always loved d idea of a career in medicine since I was young... I'm also an aspiring student, and I know dat by Jehovah's willing, I will be bkom one, currently studying pure and applied biology at LAUTECH Ogbomoso at 100 level.... pls sirs, I want to ask if it will be a wise move to write jamb next year or simply go on wif dis programme, den go for direct entry? and also, as a Yoruba guy from Oyo state, do I also av d chance of gaining admission into d south-eastern universities of Nigeria as any of thr indigene candidates upon my choosing dem in Jamb? I really am a talkative...it is the excitement I guess
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
kingjms010:
Jez lyk many oda ppl on diz thread, I also stumbled upon diz thread accidentally and av been followin it closely in d little way I can..I av read and saw with my eyes satisfactory motivations...to pursue ur dream course.. I av always loved d idea of a career in medicine since I was young... I'm also an aspiring student, and I know dat by Jehovah's willing, I will be bkom one, currently studying pure and applied biology at LAUTECH Ogbomoso at 100 level.... pls sirs, I want to ask if it will be a wise move to write jamb next year or simply go on wif dis programme, den go for direct entry? and also, as a Yoruba guy from Oyo state, do I also av d chance of gaining admission into d south-eastern universities of Nigeria as any of thr indigene candidates upon my choosing dem in Jamb? I really am a talkative...it is the excitement I guess
Most Universities use Biochemistry,Anatomy,and other allied courses.I think you should find out from people if the course is requirement for d.e into med & surg.And why go to S.E?.There are also good S.W medical schools and there will be a higher chance of you entering them.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PrinceDinno(m): 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
DrTony1:

Well my brother, its really difficult but so is most medical school. Felt that way many years ago, so I perfectly understand. Truth is with smart work & Gods grace you ll pull through. Goodluck in your quest dinno!

tnx a lot doctor, pls can I get in touch with you either on watsapp or facebook
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
akinyeleaa:
Hi, does UNN still take 2.2 for DE into med and surg? If u are on WhatsApp, add me up pls, need to make enquiries abt it. 08163127002
yes they do....thats what I just said smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Wish yhu all the best.
so sorry this is coming late. wish u the best dear. success to u

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Wish yhu all the best.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lagusta:

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!
serious? congratulations doc! I'm so happy for u

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rexceedo: 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lagusta:

That was since 2012 bro, when I was a student....
Now I'm a full-fledged doctor.....
Happy4U! One day I'll b like you...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lagusta:

Hahahhahaahaha....

Thanks boss

BTW, where are the other founding fathers...

Lomaxx

Alutacontinua

Storm2

D_Best_doc

DrGboy

Ebsuguy

Aliandro

Where una dey nah....
we are here oh. I ran away from internet to face my books oh. now that I've passed the dreaded 2mb exam I can relax a little.
Clinical class (stress) I welcome thee with open arms...
Congratulations again Lagusta...my doctor! hope to see u in person one day.
@DocTony1....good to meet a senior lion. where are u doing your internship?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Goodyshoes(m): 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
STORM2:

Lolz. I wasn't writing any test. I was wishing yhu success as you said you had a test. wink

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
So much following underground.....just to stamp a feet in the rigorous town of idi Arabia CMUL. Just started 300 level(Part 2) yesterday;the 15th of June!!!! New inducted Dr Lagusta,Congratulations;More power to your cubital fossa.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dr. Lagust, lomaxx, ebsuguy Storm2 and the rest of them too many, your tenures are about coming to an end here.
New medics and great medic motivators are emerging e.g thewhizzkid, smartdave and many others!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:
Boss!! Thanks for the commendation.
Na #GodWin o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Lolz. I wasn't writing any test. I was wishing yhu success as you said you had a test. wink
I'm done with medical school.
Doing my housemanship here in UPTH.
Oops....sorry dear. I quoted the wrong person.
was wishing @Chikabel success....on the pharmacology assessment. must have quoted u by mistake instead... sorry smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Skybob(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
kingjms010:
Bro arrange make u write UTME, no wait for direct entry o. Lautech is nice but make I know lie, it won't be easy. Highly competitive
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Goodyshoes(m): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
STORM2:

Oops....sorry dear. I quoted the wrong person.
was wishing @Chikabel success....on the pharmacology assessment. must have quoted u by mistake instead... sorry smiley
wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by leyinjuege(f): 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
Chartey:
Ask other Nigerians who finished from Ghana. They'll be best placed to answer you. There may be an easier route for Ghana-trained doctors because of the similar training patterns and Nigerian residents even go for exams in Ghana. Finally, why are you so keen on practising here? Why not USMLE instead? Why spend all that money in Ghana only to come back? Which sch are you in? UCC?
oh kk. loool! grin it's just cos family is in Nigeria but yeah, I'm open to other options. USMLE seems like a lot of stress tho...no, KNUST
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrSage(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2015
simba1:
Dr. Lagust, lomaxx, ebsuguy Storm2 and the rest of them too many, your tenures are about coming to an end here.
New medics and great medic motivators are emerging e.g thewhizzkid, smartdave and many others!
uncalled for undecided

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 8:18am On Jun 17, 2015
Hey! They are through or almost through with medic school na!
DrSage:
uncalled for undecided
what's wrong with Nairaland?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrSage(m): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2015
simba1:
Hey! They are through or almost through with medic school na!what's wrong with Nairaland?
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.