Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1830120 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hahjascho(m): 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
hello fellow "medicos dokita "
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donkolawolu(m): 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
Gbsks:
Donkolawolu how far na? U sabi me?
No Sire
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2015
I wouldn't like to disclose my identity buh let me give you a clue, just subtract 10 digits from your OAU matric number, the resulting matric number is mine.
donkolawolu:

No Sire
I wouldn't like to disclose my identity buh let me give you a clue, just subtract 10 digits from your OAU matric number, the resulting matric number is mine.
donkolawolu:

No Sire
donkolawolu:

No Sire
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:23am On Jun 19, 2015
ALL ABOUT PHYSIOLOGY
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lilchris04: 10:43am On Jun 19, 2015
donriddo:
Main campus but if you want me to come to CDL. I will, heard its not that far from the main campus.
When I come on campus we'll meet. So busy now. God bless.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chigoztonyy: 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
vic2ry:

Omoladoke, Owo loke
Guy try and write jamb and choose a school in your state, read extremely hard and attend jamb tutorials when it starts. Try not to perform too badly in your current course too, cos you'll rely on it if you don't get medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donriddo(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
lilchris04:

When I come on campus we'll meet. So busy now. God bless.
Thanks a lot my Boss. And u dont do social networks now oo... How am/are I/you going to contact you/me then Sir?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
Lagusta:

Those lazy bones in the anatomy lab don't use enough formaldehyde...

They just spray the stuff and leave it to rot gradually....

We dissected a cadaver's cranium once, and there was no brain, just maggots.....

Oga, times have changed ooooo
That's not fair, the formaldehyde is suppose to be injected into a large artery and made to circulate to every organs and tissues. Ours was done well, except for bodies that stayed long before being brought to Anatomy department. In the later case, some tissue necrosis have set in, and some or whole gross anatomy of organ(s) would be lost.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Capableben(m): 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
Lagusta:
Hey docs, how u'all doing

The art and practice of medicine is a noble one, dating back since the time of man.... In fact, saving a life is like saving the whole of mankind!!!

Please, nobody should read medicine and surgery because of the money, prestige of being called "Dr. Something" or because u think u can hook a lot of babes with it. Go for it because u want to save a life, or u are doing it for God.

Don't mind the fact that u read another course before coming back for medicine.... In fact, there are a lot of pple overseas who had their Ph.D in the arts, but still came back for medicine, why? Because of the passion, the zeal, and the dexterity of the noble profession!!!

This is for those that read economics, engineering, etc.... Do not lose hope, you are highly welcome into the profession!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
okay, this guy experiences fits like an epileptic, he shakes and bites his tongue to bleeding, and he usually feels so weak after each experience. One strange thing about it is that it only occurs at night, never happens in the day.. what can u say about this Dr?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
Capableben:

okay, this guy experiences fits like an epileptic, he shakes and bites his tongue to bleeding, and he usually feels so weak after each experience. One strange thing about it is that it only occurs at night, never happens in the day.. what can u say about this Dr?

Hmmmmmm....

He needs to see a neurologist.....

But let him do a brain CT scan, and an EEG too...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
centje:
That's not fair, the formaldehyde is suppose to be injected into a large artery and made to circulate to every organs and tissues. Ours was done well, except for bodies that stayed long before being brought to Anatomy department. In the later case, some tissue necrosis have set in, and some or whole gross anatomy of organ(s) would be lost.

Yes sir, that's the correct procedure.....

But I'm sure they would've changed now, because the college had moved to the permanent site since 2007, so I'm sure a overhaul of staff, equipment and facilities would have been done....

Thanks for your input sir...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dr.hesjay
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
Chigoztonyy:

Guy try and write jamb and choose a school in your state, read extremely hard and attend jamb tutorials when it starts. Try not to perform too badly in your current course too, cos you'll rely on it if you don't get medicine

Thank you sir, I really appreciate it sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lilchris04: 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
donriddo:
Thanks a lot my Boss. And u dont do social networks now oo... How am/are I/you going to contact you/me then Sir?
Send your phone number, Sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 6:57am On Jun 21, 2015
Good morning great minds!
Please, a friend of mine is having a tough time in course choosing.
Optometry, Biochemistry or Physiology which is better?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrTony1(m): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2015
STORM2:

we are here oh. I ran away from internet to face my books oh. now that I've passed the dreaded 2mb exam I can relax a little.
Clinical class (stress) I welcome thee with open arms...
Congratulations again Lagusta...my doctor! hope to see u in person one day.
@DocTony1....good to meet a senior lion. where are u doing your internship?

Hey Madam, nice to meet you too. sorry for the late reply, Js reading this topic after some days, been so so busy wt lots of patients to take care of here. Congrats on ur 2nd MBBS exam success, I know you are feeling fly right now. u should be in 018 Class. Well Im currently in FMC Owerri. how 3rd MBBS treating you. hope the likes of Dr Okafor, Mbrey, Olusina & Prof ...hmmm the fair Haematology Prof...forgotten his name .... are there to make things easy. don't relent esp after success wt ur 2nd MB as 3rd MB will suprise most people starting wt 1st test. Keep the flag flying, you wont regret it. Any more tips & advice esp about UNN Med School. Lions can contact me on 08036499100 though my schedule now is very tight but I ll try very much to help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2015
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
I don't know if I'm correct shaa! But here is what I can say!I'd advise Biochemistry!
The surest.
I believe that Optometrist can be intimidated by Opthamologists.
And Physiology graduates are in pain of very competitive or no job prospects!
smartdave1:
Good morning great minds!

Please, a friend of mine is having a tough time in course choosing.

Optometry, Biochemistry or Physiology which is better?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yemmy75(m): 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hello colleagues

I'm a final year medical student

I got to know that there are some hospitals that allow final year medical students to write internship exams ahead of their graduation. Please I'd like to know how true this is, and examples of such institutions, if any.

Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donriddo(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
lilchris04:
Send your phone number, Sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 22, 2015
hmmm..long time here... I miss the good old days tho'..
when this thread was very very sweet.. I wish those days cld come back.. but mehn.. those books won't allow.. the then boys are now guys and the then guys are now men..
drgboy,alliandro, glowin2shyn, Lomaxx, lagusta, alutacontinua, ebsuguy... I hail oo

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elmunir: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2015
GREETINGS TO DOCTORS ON BOARD, FUTURE DOCTORES as well as FELLOW MEDICAL ASPIRANTS• It brings me great pleasure being in the midst of those I've always been dreaming of being like. I'm an aspirant of MBBS in USMAN DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY, I scored 220 in jamb though, but have been preparing so dearly for the post utme's task ahead• So so eager to be to get into the university and begin the journey to my carrier of being a medical doctor as soon as possible, I realy need an insight of what's in there so as to prepare myself ahead• Please kindly help me...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
DrHesjay:
hmmm..long time here... I miss the good old days tho'..
when this thread was very very sweet.. I wish those days cld come back.. but mehn.. those books won't allow.. the then boys are now guys and the then guys are now men..
drgboy,alliandro, glowin2shyn, Lomaxx, lagusta, alutacontinua, ebsuguy... I hail oo
yeah.
The then sec. school student (me) is now a medical aspirant.

This thread really taught me many things, it is still teaching me and will still teach me. I also benefited from those free e-book sent by Lomaxx.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
Are you a high school '12 set?
smartdave1:

yeah.

This thread really taught me many things, it is still teaching me and will still teach me. I also benefited from those free e-book sent by Lomaxx.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
smartdave1:

yeah.

and the then medical aspirant is now a 300lvl medic. lol

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Really? Set of '12?
DrHesjay:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
DrHesjay:
Wow!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
simba1, i didn't get you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
I meant in what year did you finish High school?
smartdave1:
simba1, i didn't get you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
it wonders me that no one is talking about university of abuja school medicine.... anyone from that school pls signify o..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Lagusta:

Contact me via my signature
Wow, Wow, Wow!
She recheck just as you instructed, the new result said it is 100 and they said it is normal.

She's just so lively now.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ataegbiti: 10:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
I am new here. A DE hopeful for unilorin. I need info on the nature of their post utme for medicine.. I heard they ask questions on further math too. Is dat true? Ur contributions are I highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.