Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1843634 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2015
I wonder why a dental student will still be talking about medicine...
are you guys jobless?
Dentistry and medicine are the same, in fact dentistry is even better, cos you cannot and will never see a jobless dentist...but same cannot be said for medicine.
you get paid the same amount and are entitled to the same privileges, and at the end of the day, the dentist will still have more time for his family than his colleagues in medicine...so what are we saying??
please guys just focus and study well and leave all these arguments....btw, am a medical student, before you judge me.

9 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dtyla(m): 10:52am On Oct 11, 2015
angiography:

Hmm...have u considered the option of pre-degree??.

It may give you an edge. I wrote jamb 4times. Tho had been admitted into Nursing b4, I had to stick with my dream, which is medicine.

The thing is this; 290,000+ applied for medicine this year, only 2700+ were (will be)admitted! The consequence of that is that only the bests have a chance...the question now is 'can u strive to be among this <1% ??'. It's a competition u have to sacrifice some distractions for. Sooo read sir, with a vision of getting it done. And as the bible says, "Persevere therefore,...so that you will attain the crown set aside for the strong"

Perseverance is not endurance. Endurance tells you to 'abide with fate (whatever the mother nature throws at you)', while perseverance tells you to 'strive for excellence with faith- faith in your ability or in God(if you believe in Him).
that encouraging,thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2015
mesoade:
pls bros.i had since thought i would use my last year's affidavit for my new clearance, . .but when i checked it yesterday,i saw that i had swore that i was in faculty of life science cos then,i was in MCB . . Now i've resolved to collect new affidavits, now will i write college of medical science or faculty of medical science or faculty of dentistry or school of dentistry?
School of Dentistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2015
Ikemsinachi:
The email i sent to you has a direct link to my profile on fb. It'll be easier for you than using my ID to searchm, where u will have different users with same ID.
Or you can still give me urs, and i will add u up. How's it?
I checked d email message again but I didn't see d link. Anyway, I've already replied ur message with the link to my fb profile. U can add me up.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 11:50am On Oct 11, 2015
kingjms010:

Hello Sir!! Good Morning! How have u been sir?
You said u had some hints on hw to prepare for an exam most esp, d JAMB, are u still willing to offer d help?
. Call/chat me on whatsapp 08031543954
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesoade(m): 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
Drdonzeez:
School of Dentistry
okay,thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
[quote author=angiography post=38866020]
Hmm...have u considered the option of pre-degree??.

It may give you an edge. I wrote jamb 4times. Tho had been admitted into Nursing b4, I had to stick with my dream, which is medicine.

The thing is this; 290,000+ applied for medicine this year, only 2700+ were (will be)admitted! The consequence of that is that only the bests have a chance...the question now is 'can u strive to be among this <1% ??'. It's a competition u have to sacrifice some distractions for. Sooo read sir, with a vision of getting it done. And as the bible says, "Persevere therefore,...so that you will attain the crown set aside for the strong"

Perseverance is not endurance. Endurance tells you to 'abide with fate (whatever the mother nature throws at you)', while perseverance tells you to 'strive for excellence with faith- faith in your ability or in God(if you believe in Him).[/quote.]. Bro, pls I will need your help. Am an intend predite. Text ur numba to me here 08031543954
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
charleymed:
I wonder why a dental student will still be talking about medicine...
are you guys jobless?
Dentistry and medicine are the same, in fact dentistry is even better, cos you cannot and will never see a jobless dentist...but same cannot be said for medicine.
you get paid the same amount and are entitled to the same privileges, and at the end of the day, the dentist will still have more time for his family than his colleagues in medicine...so what are we saying??
please guys just focus and study well and leave all these arguments....btw, am a medical student, before you judge me.
. 10000.... like 4 dis sir, u go live long for us.
great mind/Doctors,
vast in knowledge
skillfull hand......
they are called Charleymed

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
[quote author=Dunsin89 post=38875926][/quote]
Issorait...I've sent you an sms
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:
I checked d email message again but I didn't see d link. Anyway, I've already replied ur message with the link to my fb profile. U can add me up.
I've lost access to that email. To make it simpler, check IKEM MICHAEL UGOH. That's my fb id. Will be waiting to see ur request. Happy sunday...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by akinzyakinz(m): 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
Gud P.m to everyone here...pls I jz want to ask dat, z it possible for someone wu studied Slt in polytechnic to cross to Medicine or anoda medical course in d University??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
akinzyakinz:
Gud P.m to everyone here...pls I jz want to ask dat, z it possible for someone wu studied Slt in polytechnic to cross to Medicine or anoda medical course in d University??

Some northern unis take slt...i dnt tink u can be given a course in d college tho...some unis will take u for mcb or biochem...but ensure u do ur research very well before applying
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
My humble advise to everybody aspiring fot medicine.
IN AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE MEDICINE SO MUCH, YOU ALSO NEED TO CHECK IF MEDICINE IS YOUR CALL, MANY OF MED. ASPIRANTS HAVE WASTED THEIR YEARS SEEKING FOR SOMEONE'S CAREER, AS GOD FOR YOURS.
HERE IS A TIP, YOUR CALLING CAN NEVER BE A STRESS TO YOU, YOU CAN'T BE STRUGGLING WITH YOUR CALL.
ANOTHER THING, IF YOU HAVE TRIED MEDICINE UP TO 3TIMES NO SUCCESS OR MUST HAVE GOTTEN A LOWER COURSE, SAY BSC, WHY DON'T YOU ACCEPT IT, GRADUATE WITH IT AND GO FOR D.E, YOU WON'T JUST KNOW HOW THE YEARS RUNS.
EXAMPLE, I KNOW OF A DUDE WHO HAS SPENT ABOUT 6YRS SEEKING MEDICINE, HE HAD OFTEN TIMES GOTTEN RELATED, BUT REFUSED IT.
IF HE HAD ACCEPTED, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A GRADUATED BY NOW, AND A D.E ASPIRANT.
PLEASE WE KNOW YOU LOVE THE COURSE, BUT THE QUOTA IS SLIM WHEN COMPARED TO THE ASPIRANTS.
LEARNING NEVER STOPS, TIME IS NO LONGER AWAITING YOU.
SOME PEOPLE MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO BEAT THEIR COMPETITORS VIA JAMB, BUT THEY MAY BECOME THE BEST DOCTORS LATTER IN LIFE.
YOU JUST HAVE TO APPLY COMMON WISDOM.
HAVE YOU PICTURED, DOING ANATOMY FOR FOUR YEARS THEN GO FOR UR NYSC, THEN D.E TO 200L MEDIICNE? AT LEAST YOU ARE DONE WITH NYSC, AND A GRADUATE.
EXAMPLE, Ola is 16yrs old, he gained admission to study Human Physiology for four years, he graduates at 20yrs, Nysc @21yrs, Medicine 200l @22yrs, finished medicine @27yrs.
You see?? Even @27, he has two degrees.
Whereas many peeps @27 are even still seeking admission to Medicine.
Please understand me. Thanks!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by muta1996(m): 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
simba1:

HERE IS A TIP, YOUR CALLING CAN NEVER BE A STRESS TO YOU, YOU CAN'T BE STRUGGLING WITH YOUR CALL.
Please how are you so sure about this? Am not sure maybe this is what you mean,that is anyone who is yet to get medicine after few years of trying is not meant to be in medicine(Not his/her call) or what?
Am very sorry because i dont really know what the statement implies just guessing.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
That's not what I mean bro, remember, great people are not those who succeeds at first, they are those who has failed many times but refused to give up.
Pls. I will expansiate later, meanwhile, re-read again, u may get ur answer.
muta1996:

Please how are you so sure about this? Am not sure maybe this is what you mean,that is anyone who is yet to get medicine after few years of trying is not meant to be in medicine(Not his/her call) or what?
Am very sorry because i dont really know what the statement implies just guessing.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
All glory to God.Thank you airell and mesoade and congrats to you both also
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Airell: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
Atogirl:
All glory to God.Thank you airell and mesoade and congrats to you both also
Looking forward to see you in school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by akinzyakinz(m): 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
dearpiriye:

Some northern unis take slt...i dnt tink u can be given a course in d college tho...some unis will take u for mcb or biochem...but ensure u do ur research very well before applying
Thanks. I appreciate it

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:51am On Oct 12, 2015
dtyla:
hello everyone,i find it hard to read for long,i just want to knw how i can study effectively for a long period consistently....personnal experiences would be appreciated.
I think studying with breaks between the hour helped me stay in focus.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2015
Airell:
Looking forward to see you in school.
Same here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Lol. Why are u feeling guilty na? U didn't do anything really wrong to be feeling dat kind of guilt. It's just that you would have simply asked one question that would have given you your answer directly but you decided to take it bit by bit in a rather indirect approach(which will surely frustrate your answerers) . I like your style though. But anyway,
I still believe your question is not yet answered.
Seems u're one of those who understands me nd whr i'm driving at. Tnx, bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
simba1:
HAVE YOU PICTURED, DOING ANATOMY FOR FOUR YEARS THEN GO FOR UR NYSC, THEN D.E TO 200L MEDIICNE? AT LEAST YOU ARE DONE WITH NYSC, AND A GRADUATE.
EXAMPLE, Ola is 16yrs old, he gained admission to study Human Physiology for four years, he graduates at 20yrs, Nysc @21yrs, Medicine 200l @22yrs, finished medicine @27yrs.
Bro simba1, u're 1 of those i love on this thread. More grease to ya elbows.
Can u pls list all courses one can use for that mbbs de u're talking abuh?
Do the courses differ with the type of uni?
No vexx, abeg.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
Bros. The minimum requirement for D.E into Medicine is a B.sc, meaning B.Ed, B.Tech, N.D, H.N.D etc cannot go for D.E medicine.
Here are some of the prominent course that goes for D.E medicine.
Biochemistry
Microbiology
Anatomy
Physiology
Chemistry
Biology
Med. Lab
Optometry
Med. Rehab
Zoology
Vet. Med.
Dentistry(a special kind though, 2yrs)
Human Nutrition
Nursing
Optometry
Pharmacy
Radiography

Shabib:

Bro simba1, u're 1 of those i love on this thread. More grease to ya elbows.
Can u pls list all courses one can use for that mbbs de u're talking abuh?
Do the courses differ with the type of uni?
No vexx, abeg.
I stand to be corrected though.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
simba1:
Bros. The minimum requirement for D.E into Medicine is a B.sc, meaning B.Ed, B.Tech, N.D, H.N.D etc cannot go for D.E medicine.
Biochemistry
Microbiology
Anatomy
Physiology
Chemistry
Biology
Med. Lab
Optometry
Med. Rehab
Zoology
Vet. Med.
Human Nutrition
Nursing
Optometry
Pharmacy
Radiography

It depends on 1 cgpa/class one graduates with, right?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yakflowz(m): 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
Have been following this thread for quite some time. Its really encouraging. God Bless You All. Waiting for admission list nd really need your prayers
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
simba1:
Biochemistry
Microbiology
Anatomy
Physiology
Chemistry
Biology
Med. Lab
Optometry
Med. Rehab
Zoology
Vet. Med.
Human Nutrition
Nursing
Optometry
Pharmacy
Radiography[/s]

A'level cert is also welcome.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
smartdave1:

A'level cert is also welcome.

Nursing isnt allowed? Dnt tink dey will take chemistry too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
simba1:
Biochemistry
Microbiology
Anatomy
Physiology
Chemistry
Biology
Med. Lab
Optometry
Med. Rehab
Zoology
Vet. Med.
Human Nutrition
Nursing
Optometry
Pharmacy
Radiography

So, are u saying dat Btech in Microbiology cannot be used to apply for D.E into Medicine? like us here at LAUTECH?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
hii, I am new here. I got admitted to study MED. Plz is there any uniben medical student or aspirant here?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
simba1:
Biochemistry
Microbiology
Anatomy
Physiology
Chemistry
Biology
Med. Lab
Optometry
Med. Rehab
Zoology
Vet. Med.
Human Nutrition
Nursing
Optometry
Pharmacy
Radiography

Some northern unis do accept ND and HND for medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
dearpiriye:

Some northern unis do accept ND and HND for medicine
Like??

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.