Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,980 members, 7,852,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1858248 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
ewawumi:
Am a paramedical student I.e prosthetics n orthotics at federal college of orthopedic technology
At igbobi, huh? What level are you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JOACHINpedro: 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
Can one study medicine and surgery with only neco result?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 14, 2015
Good day every one, new here. I am thinking of dropping out of microbiology and then write jamb again for medicine. I am not feeling fulfilled at all studying microbiology. useful advice and insights would be appreciated Thanks. Cc lagusta, Lomaxx and every other great mind.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2015
JOACHINpedro:
JOACHINpedro:
Yes you can so far you passed it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:03am On Oct 14, 2015
DrAdeolu:
Good day every one, new here. I am thinking of dropping out of microbiology and then write jamb again for medicine. I am not feeling fulfilled at all studying microbiology. useful advice and insights would be appreciated Thanks. Cc lagusta, Lomaxx and every other great mind.
Bro wat level are you? Why not finish nd have a degree first then apply DE after university that just my opinion cus a bird at hand is
worth many more I can understand how you feel, I recently just finished my first degree in Zoology and I applied via DE for medicine... nd am done with service already oh.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 14, 2015
Millex:

Bro wat level are you? Why not finish nd have a degree first then apply DE after university that just my opinion cus a bird at hand is
worth many more I can understand how you feel, I recently just finished my first degree in Zoology and I applied via DE for medicine... nd am done with service already oh.
Going to 200level this December. Thanks for the advice and good luck with your admission.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 14, 2015
DrAdeolu:

You can become anything you want to become in this world.
It all depends on how badly you want it.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 14, 2015
oluafolabi:

You can become anything you want to become in this world.
It all depends on how badly you want it.
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
DrAdeolu:

Going to 200level this December. Thanks for the advice and good luck with your admission.
That's still early tho but up to you, you can chose to finish or take jamb again the choice in urz.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
I'll really like those that have taken this path before to comment. Thanks in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
DrAdeolu:

This is good advice below.

Millex:

But sometimes good advice doesn't bring good results.
I dropped out of anatomy to come back to medicine. When you're tired, you're tired and motivating yourself is a serious challenge.
Just try as much as possible to keep getting good grades but write jamb again. When you get admitted to do medicine, just leave the microbiology and never look back.
You're likely to give medicine up when you graduate and don't get admission after a few years as there'll be pressure on you to get a job and be independent.
Many people will never understand but will eventually come to accept your decision and you'll be happy every single day for being courageous enough to follow your heart.
It's a risk and there are uncertainties but who has ever achieved anything without taking risks?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
ewawumi:
Am a paramedical student I.e prosthetics n orthotics at federal college of orthopedic technology
this is under faculty of dentistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
Teggi:
hii, I am new here. I got admitted to study MED. Plz is there any uniben medical student or aspirant here?
how are you. And are you preparing for resumption
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
Chartey:

This is good advice below.

But sometimes good advice doesn't bring good results.
I dropped out of anatomy to come back to medicine. When you're tired, you're tired and motivating yourself is a serious challenge.
Just try as much as possible to keep getting good grades but write jamb again. When you get admitted to do medicine, just leave the microbiology and never look back.
You're likely to give medicine up when you graduate and don't get admission after a few years as there'll be pressure on you to get a job and be independent.
Many people will never understand but will eventually come to accept your decision and you'll be happy every single day for being courageous enough to follow your heart.
It's a risk and there are uncertainties but who has ever achieved anything without taking risks?
Like you knew how I was feeling yesterday (the motivation part) Thanks for the advice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ewawumi(f): 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
ojingbe:
this is under faculty of dentistry
no, its under health sciences n medical rehabilitation alongside physiotherapy, biomedical engineering n biotechnology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ewawumi(f): 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
smartdave1:

At igbobi, huh? What level are you?
Jst finished nd2. My internship starts november
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
ewawumi:

no, its under health sciences n medical rehabilitation alongside physiotherapy, biomedical engineering n biotechnology
but it's dentistry aspect sha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ewawumi(f): 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
mesoade:
haven't heard the name of the school and the course isn't familiar, enlighten me please . .what other courses does the school offer??
d school is inside national orthopedic hospital, igbobi lagos. Dey award nd n hnd in d course. Its a monotechnic so dats d only course although dia r pda schools inside d compound offering other medical courses.
d course is majorly abt d fabrication of artificial but functional body parts for amputees n assistive devices to compensate for neuromuscular n musculoskeletal body deficiencies n anomalies.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ewawumi(f): 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
ojingbe:
but it's dentistry aspect sha
Nope, d entire body except d teeth as dat is under dental technology.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
ewawumi:

Nope, d entire body except d teeth as dat is under dental technology.
wow. I will like that course o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JOACHINpedro: 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
DrAdeolu:

Yes you can so far you passed it

thanks but do u knw if uni zik dey acept am?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
DrAdeolu:
I'll really like those that have taken this path before to comment. Thanks in advance

I have.
I'm much happier now smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
DrAdeolu:
am a product of ( anything is possibel , don't biliv in obstacles,) I option. for mech engine, was given geology( lost accreditation), took another jamb and was given mech engine,
it got to a time I wasn't myself even wen am clearing papers in year 1 , just know am in a wrong direction of study, I dreamt of MBBS from childhood but my parent pressure and entice me to engineering just because am good in calculations/ math.
Took another jamb without my parent awareness, dis time for medicine, was given ABE, never,
took the recent jamb again , was fervent in prayer, saw enough frustration, and now, I got wat I want I ll never of the step I took,
Adeolu, u may not ave d charisma/ ginger to make decision like i do, but if u really know what u want , u give all ur best as if ur live depend on it.,
Rep MEDIPORT
skillfull hands, great spirit/mind,vast knowledge ,Tenatious men
They are called DOCTORs.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Drguzzykola:

am a product of ( anything is possibel , don't biliv in obstacles,) I option. for mech engine, was given geology( lost accreditation), took another jamb and was given mech engine,
it got to a time I wasn't myself even wen am clearing papers in year 1 , just know am in a wrong direction of study, I dreamt of MBBS from childhood but my parent pressure and entice me to engineering just because am good in calculations/ math.
Took another jamb without my parent awareness, dis time for medicine, was given ABE, never,
took the recent jamb again , was fervent in prayer, saw enough frustration, and now, I got wat I want I ll never of the step I took,
Adeolu, u may not ave d charisma/ ginger to make decision like i do, but if u really know what u want , u give all ur best as if ur live depend on it.,
Rep MEDIPORT
skillfull hands, great spirit/mind,vast knowledge ,Tenatious men
They are called DOCTORs.
Wow. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
DrAdeolu. Almost everyone here is telling you to abandon Microbiology and go for MBBS.

I hope the plan is not to throw away a bird in hand because of a much more bigger bird in View?

If I was in your shoes, I would face my studies, Graduate, before applying for MBBS through Direct entry.

Think about it. You did not get MBBS when you had more than enough time at home to study for Jamb and Putme.
Is it now that you're an undergraduate, struggling to maintain a good CgpA and Reading for Jamb at the same time?

N.B Am not belittling your academic abilities. Just pointing out some things I think you should put into consideration.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
ewawumi:
Jst finished nd2. My internship starts november
Thats a good one. I heard there is no HND programe yet; so whats up after the internship?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ewawumi(f): 9:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
smartdave1:

Thats a good one.
I heard there is no HND programe yet; so whats up after the internship?
there is hnd now o. Infact 2nd set of HND students will be resuming soon.
one can also proceed to futo oweri d course is dia too just that am not sure if dey have practical facilities or not.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ewawumi(f): 9:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
ojingbe:
wow. I will like that course o
okay that's good
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
ewawumi:

there is hnd now o. Infact 2nd set of HND students will be resuming soon.
one can also proceed to futo oweri d course is dia too just that am not sure if dey have practical facilities or not.
Wow! Datz cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ewawumi(f): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
smartdave1:

Wow! Datz cool
Yeah

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Millex:

Can I have ur contact pls?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
Catalyst4real:
DrAdeolu. Almost everyone here is telling you to abandon Microbiology and go for MBBS.

I hope the plan is not to throw away a bird in hand because of a much more bigger bird in View?

If I was in your shoes, I would face my studies, Graduate, before applying for MBBS through Direct entry.

Think about it. You did not get MBBS when you had more than enough time at home to study for Jamb and Putme.
Is it now that you're an undergraduate, struggling to maintain a good CgpA and Reading for Jamb at the same time?

N.B Am not belittling your academic abilities. Just pointing out some things I think you should put into consideration.

DrAdeola, I concore with dis guy. 4yrs is just like four days, then u serve, become a graduate, age wud still b on ur side. Imagine u get d medicine next yr, it also means u wud hv been 300l MCB. U see? Time flies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (907) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.