Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,757 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1859125 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
simba1:
Pls, can I get ur contact, abeg?
.ok.pls wen u hv collected it let me knw so I remove d number since its a public forum.tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
comfort48:
.ok.pls wen u hv collected it let me knw so I remove d number since its a public forum.tanx

THANK U! PLS DO REMOVE!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
simba1:
THANK U! PLS DO REMOVE!
unquote d post dat has my number and remove d number

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
pls I need a clarification on this new NUC policy.I saw in d post dat if u already hv a degree in d basic medical sciences u will be required to spend 4yrs for mbbs.now wat am asking is will d policy take effect as frm 2015/2016 session or 2016/2017 becus I applied for direct entry wit my b.sc physiology dis yr and d list is nt out.pls I nid ur answers.Godbless u all.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
comfort48:
pls I need a clarification on this new NUC policy.I saw in d post dat if u already hv a degree in d basic medical sciences u will be required to spend 4yrs for mbbs.now wat am asking is will d policy take effect as frm 2015/2016 session or 2016/2017 becus I applied for direct entry wit my b.sc physiology dis yr and d list is nt out.pls I nid ur answers.Godbless u all.
2016/2017 session.
www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2015/11/nuc-approves-four-year-career-change-mbbs-program-for-non-medical-health-professionals
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
Would that mean that for other BSc non-basic medical sciences Direct entry we would graduate having 3 degree?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
Millex:
Would that mean that for other BSc non-basic medical sciences Direct entry we would graduate having 3 degree?
Yes.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

Yes.
That means no more admission into medical schools as from next year?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
ARE ZOOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY PARAMEDICALS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
Drdonzeez:
Bro read well. There are gonna be admitted as MEDSURG, but options in ANAT, PHYSIO OR BIOCHEM, just like SCIENCE LAB. TECH. IN POLY
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
simba1:
Bro read well. There are gonna be admitted as MEDSURG, but options in ANAT, PHYSIO OR BIOCHEM, just like SCIENCE LAB. TECH. IN POLY
hmm..sign of releif
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
Drdonzeez:
You will be admitted by DE if you are a qualified graduate of Nursing, Pharmacology, Physiotherapy, Image Science, Paramedics, Anatomy, Biochemistry and pharmacy...for a four year course leading to MBBS/BDS(dats for DE). But if u r starting from d core through UTME, u have to a basic medical science course either Anatomy, Biochemistry or Physiology for 3 years 4 years, in wic u will be awarded a B. Med. Science or B. Dental science... after then if u meet d certain requirements u will be admitted for a four Three year course leading to the award of MBBS or BDS

modified
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

You will be admitted by DE if you are a qualified graduate of Nursing, Pharmacology, Physiotherapy, Image Science, Paramedics, Anatomy, Biochemistry and pharmacy...for a four year course leading to MBBS/BDS(dats for DE). But if u r starting from d core through UTME, u have to a basic medical science course either Anatomy, Biochemistry or Physiology for 3 years, in wic u will be awarded a B. Med. Science or B. Dental science... after then if u meet d certain requirements u will be admitted for a four year course leading to the award of MBBS or BDS
IS THAT HOW U UNDERSTOOD UR OWN? SMH
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

You will be admitted by DE if you are a qualified graduate of Nursing, Pharmacology, Physiotherapy, Image Science, Paramedics, Anatomy, Biochemistry and pharmacy...for a four year course leading to MBBS/BDS(dats for DE). But if u r starting from d core through UTME, u have to a basic medical science course either Anatomy, Biochemistry or Physiology for 3 years, in wic u will be awarded a B. Med. Science or B. Dental science... after then if u meet d certain requirements u will be admitted for a four year course leading to the award of MBBS or BDS
so wat if u already hv b.sc nw can u apply as frm nxtyr?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

but Anatomy,physiology n biochem last for four years?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
simba1:
pls explain better
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
Drdonzeez:
In the case that it's a separate programme... yes. But the Bachelor of medical science in any of em is 3yrs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
simba1:
Shake am wella, but be careful let it not fall of... u need it to get dat BDS... grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
comfort48:
so wat if u already hv b.sc nw can u apply as frm nxtyr?
Absolutely yes.
If you apply dis year it's gonna be a five year programme... so I don't think there's any difference applying this year or the next.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

In the case that it's a separate programme... yes. But the Bachelor of medical science in any of em is 3yrs
Bro, re-read with glasses, lol! Once u r admitted to MED, u spend 7yrs in total. 4yrs BSc. with options in ANAT, PHYSIO AND BIOCHEM, then 3yrs for clinical medicine. Then already graduates would spend 4yrs.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

Isn't it similar to writing 1st mb exam in which successful candidates will proceed to clinical postings?maybe,they wanted clinical years to be spent a minimum of 4 years..because,from what I read,it seems they are not admitting as from next year into MBBS/BDS but rather,into anatomy,physiology e.t.c
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
Wat level would BSC biological science enter for DE? 6 years from Basic medical or 4years program
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
Millex:
Wat level would BSC biological science enter for DE? 6 years from Basic medical or 4years program
someone should answer please.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kalimera101: 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hmmm.
Can a graduate of Forestry and Wildlife gain admission into medicine via DE?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
simba1:
does that mean medicine is still going to be available In jamb?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
Millex:
6 years since u have no knowledge of anatomy, physiology n med biochemistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

wait . .this 7yrs policy,will it take effect from this year or next year?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:04am On Nov 05, 2015
Drdonzeez:
Isn't it similar to writing 1st mb exam in which successful candidates will proceed to clinical postings?maybe,they wanted clinical years to be spent a minimum of 4 years..because,from what I read,it seems they are not admitting as from next year into MBBS/BDS but rather,into anatomy,physiology e.t.c
Yes it is
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:06am On Nov 05, 2015
Drdonzeez:
Sorry, my bad... yes four years
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:06am On Nov 05, 2015
simba1:
Bro, re-read with glasses, lol! Once u r admitted to MED, u spend 7yrs in total. 4yrs BSc. with options in ANAT, PHYSIO AND BIOCHEM, then 3yrs for clinical medicine. Then already graduates would spend 4yrs.
Thanks bro. No mind me... hyper mode
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2015
RoastedCorn:
wait . .this 7yrs policy,will it take effect from this year or next year?
Yep. 2016/17 session
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 05, 2015
lomaxx:
The last thing medical and dental students should do is create rivalry among themselves for any reason. Be grateful you have an opportunity to be useful to humanity and yourself, irrespective of where it is done. Few years into the system you'll realize the challenges facing the Nigerian doctor is enormous. The wahala plenty. One post would not be enough to enumerate the issues. The least we can do for ourselves is to be united and sustain a common interest so that the profession will be preserved.

We're very backward in this place. The masses don't like you. They only like you when they are ill, and you're bound by oath to help them. If you're make any mistake, nobody would want to know whether you are Harvard or ANSU, they will stone you with their words.

We need to protect our interest collectively, and it should be fostered at the level of our medical training so we maintain the tempo when we're done. The future of healthcare in this country lies in your hands. A lot of people don't care( including your patients) but they would blame you if something goes wrong. Let's just try not to allow the little differences outweigh the higher purpose.
The return of Dr. Lomaxx!

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (907) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.