Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,169 members, 7,852,975 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1858720 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tobbie9(m): 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
its been a looooong time, glad this thread is still alive
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cajole: 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
Tobbie9:
its been a looooong time, glad this thread is still alive
sure....by God's grace.... u wlc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
y do medical students regret doing medicine after graduating
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
comfort48:
Because of the state of the nation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fab001: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
Study dentistry, you won't regret it.
They are more successful and quite richer than medical doctors.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
Fab001:
To ur tent o Israel!!

No need for the discrimination sire

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
cool cool cool
Fab001:
Tell em brother #BDS grin grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
angiography:
To ur tent o Israel!!

No need for the discrimination sire
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
comfort48:
I've asked similar question (not on "regret" tho) on this thread, but got no cogent reply.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
Is it possible study dentistry tru DE with a Degree in Zoology?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cajole: 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
Fab001:
wat do u mean by they are more successful?.... m quite sure u dont knw d meaning of being successful.....den u won't av bin sayin dat....by d way u r more interested in wat to take not wat to giv out....

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HighIQ(m): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
cajole:

wat do u mean by they are more successful?.... m quite sure u dont knw d meaning of being successful.....den u won't av bin sayin dat....by d way u r more interested in wat to take not wat to giv out....
what is this one saying

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khan1993: 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
Please lets not start an e-brawl on that topic. #RepBDS tho
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
MDCN rejects NUC guidelines on minimum standards of medical Education in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tcrown01(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
comfort48:

Did u just say regret?
Well, it depends on why you chose medicine field, if you choose to be a doc coz of the pay, u surely gonna regret it but if you've chosen to be a doctor coz of the pleasure you derive in helping others(health) I don't think you gonna regret it

You can't regret what you enjoy doing

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tcrown01(m): 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
Fab001:
Study dentistry, you won't regret it. They are more successful and quite richer than medical doctors.
Its not all about money

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Docphil(m): 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
pls does ui take combination of neco and waec 4 course like mbbs??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 11:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
Docphil:
98% of schools don't take two sittings for medicine.UI will definitely not take two sittings,not even for other courses
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 11:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
Docphil:
98% of schools don't take two sittings for medicine.UI will definitely not take two sittings,not even for other courses.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 3:33am On Nov 10, 2015
Atogirl:
98% of schools don't take two sittings for medicine.UI will definitely not take two sittings,not even for other courses.
. *Seconded
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 4:20am On Nov 10, 2015
Docphil:

For mbbs and pharmacy one sitting only. Im sure the same tin applies to dentistry. For every other dept 2 sittings is allowed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by heykims(m): 7:03am On Nov 10, 2015
Fab001:
Can u pls explain how they are more successful and richer, because I've seen a few of them and sincerely, they don't impress..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by heykims(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2015
comfort48:
They don't regret, they may lament though simply because they are not appreciated in this country. Go to d developed nations and see how doctors live, some consultants can even afford private jets.
I studied in Nigeria, spent 9 yrs in school without repeating a class. Yet with d situation of things in this country, if I were to start all over again, Id still go for medicine.

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 10, 2015
heykims:

Can u pls explain how they are more successful and richer, because I've seen a few of them and sincerely, they don't impress..
seriously. Mayb you mixed a dental hygienist for a dentist. Cos that not possible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by heykims(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2015
ojingbe:
seriously. Mayb you mixed a dental hygienist for a dentist. Cos that not possible
I know what Im saying and Im not mistaking anyone for d other. Is it that they are paid more than doctors in hospitals or private practice fetched them more than doctors. In fact, dental procedures are always very cheap compared to surgical procedures carried out by doctors., so there's no way dentists will make more than doctors in private practice and Im speaking from experience here. Lets just not blow the trumpet here because it is not needed, just wanna reply ur ignorant blabbing.

And if u insist, explain what u mean by they being richer and more successful..

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 7:43am On Nov 10, 2015
heykims:

They don't regret, they may lament though simply because they are not appreciated in this country. Go to d developed nations and see how doctors live, some consultants can even afford private jets.
I studied in Nigeria, spent 9 yrs in school without repeating a class. Yet with d situation of things in this country, if I were to start all over again, Id still go for medicine.
thanks dear.God bless u.I nid dis kind of positive minds arud me.u just gave a spirit a lift
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 10, 2015
heykims:

I know what Im saying and Im not mistaking anyone for d other. Just explain what u mean by they being richer and more successful..
from statistic dentist are richer than physicians but not visible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2015
tanx everyone for ur replies.I asked dat question becus any medical doctor or students from 400l dat I asked for advice on hw to scale tru in d medical skul since I just got admission in medicine after graduating frm physiology dey always discourage me telling me to go for masters .Dey say d senior doctors wont allow d younger ones to grow or no money in d profession or d national health sector is filled wit hatred.I was tired so I decided to bring it here. But I hv passion for it so am going for it.tanx all.more advice needed on hw to scale tru med skul.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by heykims(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2015
ojingbe:
from statistic dentist are richer than physicians but not visible
Just ignorance, go to Google and check the highest paid profession in U.S.A. Almost d top 10 is dominated by doctors in various disciplines. I doubt if dentists even made the first 50 on d list. U think say na 5000 or 10000 naira dental procedures money go come...
Abeg no let us derail the thread jare, I see all these as inferiority complex...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2015
heykims:

Just ignorance, go to Google and check the highest paid profession in U.S.A. Almost d top 10 is dominated by doctors in various disciplines. I doubt if dentists even made the first 50 on d list. U think say na 5000 or 10000 naira dental procedures money go come...
Abeg no let us derail the thread jare, I see all these as inferiority complex...
lol really. I should ask you to check your google again so you can confirm. An average dentist earn more than d prime minister of the uk. Dentist tops the highest earnings in the US. Google it yourself. You think say nah beans to send person go dental school. D money used to train a dentist will send 10 phyisicians to medical school.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:17am On Nov 10, 2015
comfort48:
tanx everyone for ur replies.I asked dat question becus any medical doctor or students from 400l dat I asked for advice on hw to scale tru in d medical skul since I just got admission in medicine after graduating frm physiology dey always discourage me telling me to go for masters .Dey say d senior doctors wont allow d younger ones to grow or no money in d profession or d national health sector is filled wit hatred.I was tired so I decided to bring it here. But I hv passion for it so am going for it.tanx all.more advice needed on hw to scale tru med skul.
Don't mind them. Make your passion your profession.

#

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by heykims(m): 8:50am On Nov 10, 2015
ojingbe:
lol really. I should ask you to check your google again so you can confirm. An average dentist earn more than d prime minister of the uk. Dentist tops the highest earnings in the US. Google it yourself. You think say nah beans to send person go dental school. D money used to train a dentist will send 10 phyisicians to medical school.
I just wanna post d link here but my phone is giving me serious issue.
U may help us wt a link to d site that says d dentists are d highest earners in d US.
Readers should pls google and see who's lying here...

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (907) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.