Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1837662 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Onuh4real: 4:11am On Dec 10, 2015
pls. i will like to get DE form for UNN. when should i go for it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adebolade(m): 6:28am On Dec 10, 2015
Drguzzykola:

Whats ur email I/d sir
thank you sir God bless you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dharmmy007(m): 6:46am On Dec 10, 2015
Drguzzykola:

u welcome boss,, also get GMAT job aptitude textbook, the generally recommended text for scholarship exams.
Success !
Pls sir, I'm in need of some scholarship past question.. I'd love it if you could help me out
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dharmmy007(m): 6:47am On Dec 10, 2015
Drguzzykola:

u welcome boss,, also get GMAT job aptitude textbook, the generally recommended text for scholarship exams.
Success !
Pls sir, I'm in need of some scholarship past question.. I'd love it if you could help me out, my email - damvikky@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prec1ous(m): 7:14am On Dec 10, 2015
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS FOR ALL NIGERIANS AND AFRICANS, APPLICATIONS ARE ON

Brief description: The Science in Foreign Service (SFS) at Georgetown University USA is offering a full-tuition scholarship for a talented students from sub-Saharan Africa 2016/2017

Follow the link below to begin your application and submit immediately:

MSFS Scholarship for African Students at Georgetown University USA 2016/2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gameboi: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2015
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartsammie(m): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2015
Pls... Can u tell me the courses 100L medical student in UI offers. I need urgent answers pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Drguzzykola:

Whats ur email I/d sir
Boss, kindly send the past questions to donpresh4@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NeonDee(m): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Onuh4real:
pls. i will like to get DE form for UNN. when should i go for it?
JAMB DE form normally comes out after UTME has been written. So, relax and check back on JAMB portal come feb. next year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
lomaxx:
Chief Lagusta abeg you still dey KD? Theres a car dealer here on nl thats based in kd. I like his prices but i dont wanna miss anything. i go need ur help abeg.

bro im so sorry for the late reply Abeg....

shoot me a WhatsApp, lets talk....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dharyhor: 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
Drguzzykola:
sent
Hello Dr, pls im also in need of NNPC/MPM past question. omotosomaleek@gmail.com Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by estybae(f): 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hi everyone, which of these schools are best for medicine DELSU or NDU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by estybae(f): 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hi everyone, pls which of these schools are best for medicine DELSU or NDU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Can anyone recommend best textbooks to use in preparing for Jamb and post utme, for physics, chemistry, biology, Maths and English. Thanks m
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
Drguzzykola Please help me send any scholarship past questions that you have.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartsammie(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
estybae:
DELSU is way better!! If I may ask is it mandatory to go to any of these schools?? Why not try other federal universities. If u don't like federal universities owing to competition and other reasons best known to you. I will strongly recommend lasu one of the best in medicine. Some of their lecturers are white and highly experienced as well as dope teaching hospital. My candid advice.

Feel free to ask further questions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartsammie(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Millex:
Can anyone recommend best textbooks to use in preparing for Jamb and post utme, for physics, chemistry, biology, Maths and English. Thanks m
I will recommend Udem biology text book not really sure of the name it is written by a lecturer in Uniben. For Chemistry I vehemently recommend Comprehensive Certificate Chemistry by GNC Ohia, GI Amasiatu, JO Ajagbe, G. O Ojokuku, U Mohammed and lamlad chemistry as well as Practice questions. for physics lamlad and consult PN okeke. For English I don't know ooo.. I detest that course ooooo.. I only use residual knowledge it was lowest in WASSCE I had C4. Even in 100L it was God that saved me I had 40E on dot. Tho it doesn't add to ur CGPA and more over its a sessional course. But I promise to get back to you

I have guurus who tutor English and have even authored some mini books

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartsammie(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Millex:
I will recommend Udem biology text book not really sure of the name it is written by a lecturer in Uniben. For Chemistry I vehemently recommend Comprehensive Certificate Chemistry by GNC Ohia, GI Amasiatu, JO Ajagbe, G. O Ojokuku, U Mohammed and lamlad chemistry as well as Practice questions. for physics lamlad and consult PN okeke. For English I don't know ooo.. I detest that course ooooo.. I only use residual knowledge it was my lowest in WASSCE I had C4. Even in 100L it was God that saved me I had 40E on dot. Tho it doesn't add to ur CGPA and more over its a sessional course. But I promise to get back to you

I have guurus who tutor English and have even authored some mini books
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
Dbrainiac1:
Drguzzykola
Please help me send any scholarship past questions that you have.
ur mail sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
Drguzzykola:
ur mail sir
Dbrainiac1@gmail.com Thanks sir

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
Drguzzykola:
ur mail sir
if you don't mind; LDRZED@GMAIL.COM
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
smartsammie:
Pls... Can u tell me the courses 100L medical student in UI offers. I need urgent answers pls
1st Semester 100L

* ZOO111: Principles of animal biology(3 units)
* PHY114: Mechanics(3units)
* CHE157: Physical Chemistry(4units)
* PHY115: Thermodynamics(3units)
* PHY118: Practicals(3units)
* CHE195: Practicals(2units)
* GES107: Reproduction, Sexual Health and Human Immunodeficiency Syndrome(2units)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
estybae:
good evening, if you're a deltan I think you should just pick Delsu. If not, choose your state sch if it offers medicine, if not check for federal schools with a higher level of merit list. If you keep checking for which school offers the best, my dear........just my humble thoughts.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Arolejesu111(m): 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmm!!! Weneva i see medical student i envy dem and sometin triggers me dat i can still get there, ave writted jamb 4times now al in d'name of medicine but to no avail, i finally ended up at a poly where i did slt now wanna go for microbiology...Hnd level but still got flare for medicine, how can i go abt it , and which of d'skul is a sure bait for me . Tnks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by iXavier: 6:44am On Dec 11, 2015
Please, anyone that has links to soft copies of textbooks for preclinicals should please send them to my email ezemaxavier@gmail.com..

Soft copies of everything even for dental anatomy

We are starting next year, I hope I enjoy myself cause the stories are not funny at all cry
Thanks and I appreciate

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 8:53am On Dec 11, 2015
Vcojuro:
If u want to study medicine and enter hitch free without any delay in admission it is advisable u pick the University of Ibadan.
Their merit quota is very high it is like 95 percent.
A total of 109 students were selected on merit for medicine that was when the cutoff was 74 for mbbs.

After that the cutoff was further reduced to 72 though not official, 37 candidates were selected.
I knew a lot of guys who had 72 and 73 that were selected. These guys didn't use influence neither did they pay any dime they were just hoping onto God.
There are 147 newly admitted set of mbbs students and it is very certain that at least 130 students had above the cutoff .
There was a guy who scored 72 and he thought the admission board won't reduce the cutoff to 72 for medicine.
so he applied for change of course to physiology when the supplementary list came out he was admitted for medicine.
If anyone tell you that most Universities don't have a merit quota that person is lying.
In fact all Universities have a merit quota but the merit quota for most Universities is very small, some are not even up to 30 percent of the Class.
In the process u waste ur time, energy and money especially your time .
And one might suffer psychologically and the experience may be traumatizing leading to erosion of confidence and low self esteem
Some school will tell you that they are the best but go and check the merit quota for their top courses like medicine, law and accounting and compare it with those they admit through influence, lobbying and long legs.
You will see that those of influence far out numbers those on merit.
A year wasted is an opportunity wasted.
Don't say you were not informed.
So wise up.
You have no excuse for not studying medicine if that is your passion.
I repeat NO EXCUSE
You are very correct my brother, but I rep Obafemi Awolowo University any day, any time, any moment.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 9:53am On Dec 11, 2015
Arolejesu111:
Hmmmm!!! Weneva i see medical student i envy dem and sometin triggers me dat i can still get there, ave writted jamb 4times now al in d'name of medicine but to no avail, i finally ended up at a poly where i did slt now wanna go for microbiology...Hnd level but still got flare for medicine, how can i go abt it , and which of d'skul is a sure bait for me . Tnks
we will continue to advocate the University of Ibadan admission policy into medicine and surgery program.
Emphasis is placed on merit.
They are the school with the highest merit quota in Nigeria.
The University college hospital popularly known as uch is the best teaching hospital in Nigeria.
A total of 147 were admitted into this year mbbs program out of which 137 were selected on merit.
There is nothing like catchment and locality in the admission process because all the 36 state are within it's catchment.
I don't think there is any school that has 90percent or more dedicated to merit.
The most u can get is 75 percent that is unilag and UNN.
Medicine in most Nigeria Universities is politics. It is no longer about whether you are knowledgeable or not.
So if you don't want anybody to stop your dream of becoming a doctor I will advise you to pick Ui.
The basic requirements is having a jamb score of 200 and you are good to go.
It is the post jamb score and only the post jamb score is been used for the cutoff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eli360(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2015
please any one with any scholarship past Questions should held me with it...elishakuje03@gmail.com.thanks in advance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartsammie(m): 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
horpeyemmi66:

1st Semester 100L

* ZOO111: Principles of animal biology(3 units)
* PHY114: Mechanics(3units)
* CHE157: Physical Chemistry(4units)
* PHY115: Thermodynamics(3units)
* PHY118: Practicals(3units)
* CHE195: Practicals(2units)
* GES107: Reproduction, Sexual Health and Human Immunodeficiency Syndrome(2units)

Thanks a lot. If u dont mind can u drop ur contact. I am a 200L student of biochemistry in OAU. I want to write another UTME and combine both program together. Its only the practicals that might give me issues. All other courses there will be a walkover by God's Grace.

Once again. Thanks a lot. I appreciate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]

Guys pls how can one use unilorin remedial programme to gain admission for mbbs?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]

Guys pls how can one use unilorin remedial programme to gain admission for mbbs?
Because there is no mbbs in their remedial programme.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OJABS1: 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
A woman consulted a physician because her son was born with the inferior surface of his tongue attached to d floor of his mouth.
(1) What is this condition called?

(2) Briefly elucidate the embryological cause of this anomaly.

(3) what can be the potential complication of this condition?

(4) what is d functional significance of this defect?

(5) "Supposing" you are the physician in question, what would had been your treatment? why?

Feel free to share your views.

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: mete3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.