Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833547 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fidelismaria: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=tonero63 post=40737322] I have another question,
Why do hospitals ask for police report before treating a gunshot injury instead of saving the life of the patient first?
A lot of people have died due to this kind of thing
I thought the doctors took an oath
[/quo

not anymore
d current IG OF POLICE has given an order dat hospitals shud treat d patient first b4 askin for police report
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zellie: 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
PilotOz:
Pls, Does Uniben accept O level result at two sittings for
med&surg??
nope
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sarzai: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
pls can a graduate with bsc nursing do d.e to MBBS,if possible,wat level would one resume to.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sarzai: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
uhmm..and pls how strict is schooling in unilorin,I heard if ur a 100l student of MBBS and u fail a course,you'll b withdrawn or given a useless course.I need to know b4 filling for it in jamb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
sarzai:
uhmm..and pls how strict is schooling in unilorin,I heard if ur a 100l student of MBBS and u fail a course,you'll b withdrawn or given a useless course.I need to know b4 filling for it in jamb
For a 100l MBBS student in Unilorin to cross to 200l, the following minimum requirements must be met:

1. Must have a CGPA of 3.0 above
2. Must not score less than 50 in 3 courses.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PilotOz(m): 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
Zellie:
nope
Na wa... See Uniben dream dashed. Well i'll just opt in for AAU. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by guiltless(m): 7:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
viviblinks:

good morning everyone I have two questions to ask. Please I need authentic answers and clarifications.

1. I am a jambit aspiring for medicine but am so confused because I don't know d particular university to choose. I really need a university dat is fair in there admission process. I don't want university dat allocate more quote to indigen and lesser quota to non indigen dat means state owned universities are ruled out. my question now is.. which of the Federal universities in Nigeria is very fair in medicine admission process and its not among d most sort after institution. I have heard lots of medical students say dat dia admission was pure and dia state is not among the university catchment area. ..and I hav been asking for d secret of such success. Still no tangible answers.

2. presently I am undergoing an A level program called IJMB I hav checked online to see universities dat accept it for medicine admission and d particular point dat is required by d universities. I saw universities like: unilorin Requires minimum of 13pts in IJMB for Medicine. Ahmadu Bello university (A.B.U). Accepts 10pts and above for Medicine. in Unijos 8pts and above is required for any course in college of Medicine. unizik- 6pts into Faculty of Medicine and all northern universities accepts IJMB.
I don't know how authentic dis is...Please I will like to hear from the horse's mouth. I believe that dis is d only thread I can get real information concerning medical institutions becos most people hear are experienced. thanks in anticipation.

Bro, I kinda reason wit u......if u're quite sure of yourself, I mean academically nd also with God on your side, i'd recommend u choose either U.I or UNN......speaking 4rm close associates xperience........those schools mentioned above admit strictly by merit.....I don't really know much of other schs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sarzai: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
OK thnx laryomi bt those 3 courses can b any course or is there specific ones
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
are olabisi onabanjo university, Niger delta university, and ondo state university of medical sciences good schools to study medicine/ surgery, are they accredited by MDCN
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
sarzai:
pls can a graduate with bsc nursing do d.e to MBBS,if possible,wat level would one resume to.
Yes,200l
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
sarzai:
OK thnx laryomi bt those 3 courses can b any course or is there specific ones
*laryom1
Yeah..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NeonDee(m): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
ultron1234:
are olabisi onabanjo university, Niger delta university, and ondo state university of medical sciences good schools to study medicine/ surgery, are they accredited by MDCN
OOU and NDU are accredited by MDCN, but Unimed, Ondo isn't accredited yet.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NeonDee(m): 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
viviblinks:

good morning everyone I have two questions to ask. Please I need authentic answers and clarifications.

1. I am a jambit aspiring for medicine but am so confused because I don't know d particular university to choose. I really need a university dat is fair in there admission process. I don't want university dat allocate more quote to indigen and lesser quota to non indigen dat means state owned universities are ruled out. my question now is.. which of the Federal universities in Nigeria is very fair in medicine admission process and its not among d most sort after institution. I have heard lots of medical students say dat dia admission was pure and dia state is not among the university catchment area. ..and I hav been asking for d secret of such success. Still no tangible answers.
It's not only state owned universities that do indigen consideration, it is even worst in most federal unis. since they give preferencial treatment to candidates from catchment areas and ELDs; UI don't do catchment-ish though, and their admission criterion is p. UTME score only. So i guess their admission process is quit fair...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sarzai: 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
laryom1:
*laryom1 Yeah..
oh aiit thnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
Chief Lagusta abeg you still dey KD? Theres a car dealer here on nl thats based in kd. I like his prices but i dont wanna miss anything. i go need ur help abeg.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jorrn: 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
Please I need help and a bit of explanations to these questions
1) The radicle of a bean seedling grows most rapidly In the region
A. Of the root tip
B. Just above the root tip
C. Just around the root tip
D. Just below the root
--------------------------------

2. A red coloured flower when crossed with a white coloured one produced pink flowers. This is an example of?
A. Complete dominance
B. Blending inheritance
C. Interaction of genes
D. Back crossing

Please review and answer with lucid explanations. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 11:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
If u want to study medicine and enter hitch free without any delay in admission it is advisable u pick the University of Ibadan.
Their merit quota is very high it is like 95 percent.
A total of 109 students were selected on merit for medicine that was when the cutoff was 74 for mbbs.

After that the cutoff was further reduced to 72 though not official, 37 candidates were selected.
I knew a lot of guys who had 72 and 73 that were selected. These guys didn't use influence neither did they pay any dime they were just hoping onto God.
There are 147 newly admitted set of mbbs students and it is very certain that at least 130 students had above the cutoff .
There was a guy who scored 72 and he thought the admission board won't reduce the cutoff to 72 for medicine.
so he applied for change of course to physiology when the supplementary list came out he was admitted for medicine.
If anyone tell you that most Universities don't have a merit quota that person is lying.
In fact all Universities have a merit quota but the merit quota for most Universities is very small, some are not even up to 30 percent of the Class.
In the process u waste ur time, energy and money especially your time .
And one might suffer psychologically and the experience may be traumatizing leading to erosion of confidence and low self esteem
Some school will tell you that they are the best but go and check the merit quota for their top courses like medicine, law and accounting and compare it with those they admit through influence, lobbying and long legs.
You will see that those of influence far out numbers those on merit.
A year wasted is an opportunity wasted.
Don't say you were not informed.
So wise up.
You have no excuse for not studying medicine if that is your passion.
I repeat NO EXCUSE

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 12:00am On Dec 08, 2015
Vcojuro:
If u want to study medicine and enter hitch free without any delay in admission it is advisable u pick the University of Ibadan.
Their merit quota is very high it is like 95 percent.
A total of 109 students were selected on merit for medicine that was when the cutoff was 74 for mbbs.

After that the cutoff was further reduced to 72 though not official, 37 candidates were selected.
I knew a lot of guys who had 72 and 73 that were selected. These guys didn't use influence neither did they pay any dime they were just hoping onto God.
There are 147 newly admitted set of mbbs students and it is very certain that at least 130 students had above the cutoff .
There was a guy who scored 72 and he thought the admission board won't reduce the cutoff to 72 for medicine.
so he applied for change of course to physiology when the supplementary list came out he was admitted for medicine.
If anyone tell you that most Universities don't have a merit quota that person is lying.
In fact all Universities have a merit quota but the merit quota for most Universities is very small, some are not even up to 30 percent of the Class.
In the process u waste ur time, energy and money especially your time .
And one might suffer psychology and the experience may traumatizing leading to erosion of confidence and poor self esteem
Some school will tell you that they are the best but go and check the merit quota for their top courses like medicine, law and accounting and compare it with those they admit through influence, lobbying and long legs.
You will see that those of influence far out numbers those on merit.
A year wasted is an opportunity wasted.
Don't say you were not informed.
So wise up.
You have no excuse for not studying medicine if that is your passion.
I repeat NO EXCUSE
How about their DE?, did they use merit for that too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 11:02am On Dec 08, 2015
jorrn:
A. Of the root tip
D. Just below the root

2. A red coloured flower when crossed with a white coloured one produced pink flowers. This is an example of?
A. Complete dominance
B. Blending inheritance
C. Interaction of genes
D. Back crossing

My bros,, don't be so surprise medics aren't replying all this biological questions, 80% of medics here are now medically inclined ,Chewing Anatomy><Pharmacology and co inside bush*open teeth*,,, they forgot the old biology jamb days ,, its been long , I ll wish u search and like some biological pages on Facebook, u get a better answer there.
Suppose ur questions are like( what causes heart failure , diabetes and ko ), hmmm I trust my Oga @d top, they will chew it for u.
The help aspirant can benefit here are motivating passion, making the right decision of which school to choose , listen to medical tongues that ll challenge /inspire u, et ' al.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tygg: 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
jorrn:
A. Of the root tip
D. Just below the root

A. Complete dominance
B. Blending inheritance
C. Interaction of genes
D. Back crossing

no1 ...is B ,, just above d root tip ,,go to idodo umeh or modern biology,,,I think no2 is B ,,,,,,,abeg no vex I no get strength type long explanation ,,,its all in d aforementioned textbooks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
lomaxx:
Chief Lagusta abeg you still dey KD? Theres a car dealer here on nl thats based in kd. I like his prices but i dont wanna miss anything. i go need ur help abeg.
Sir Lomaxx,,chief boss Dr Lagusta no dey peep this page like before , ordinary HI , he won't post us , how I wish we can hold his trouser for waist and drag him back here, his mostly current on Facebook this days.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Drguzzykola:

Wow, good scores ,,
I understand u didn't do it in sec , Hope u remember our boss here sir Dr Lomaxx , he finished sec sch as an art student , changed mind and chewed all science text within a year( he's a stubborn bookchewer) ,, grin
now in his clinical.

How can I meet that boss sir?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Durentt:
thx. I didnt do biology in sec sch, i studied it on my own bcuZ i wanted to do medicine but it reduced my jamb score
English- 75
Physics- 66
chemistry- 79
Biology- 40

How come you never did Biology when you did Physics and Chemistry?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jesumed:

How come you never did Biology when you did Physics and Chemistry?
i went to a science and technical school. I was a technical student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Durentt:
i went to a science and technical school. I was a technical student

Okay, I never knew Biology was not studied in technical schools o. Well, luckily for you, Biology is the only subject you can study on your own without the aid of a tutor, unlike Physics and Chemistry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jesumed:

Okay, I never knew Biology was not studied in technical schools o. Well, luckily for you, Biology is the only subject you can study on your own without the aid of a tutor, unlike Physics and Chemistry.
yea.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hello. Who can help mr with nnpc/mpn past questions? You are blessed as you help ur younger brother.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jorrn: 11:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
Drguzzykola:

My bros,, don't be so surprise medics aren't replying all this biological questions, 80% of medics here are now medically inclined ,Chewing Anatomy><Pharmacology and co inside bush*open teeth*,,, they forgot the old biology jamb days ,, its been long , I ll wish u search and like some biological pages on Facebook, u get a better answer there.
Suppose ur questions are like( what causes heart failure , diabetes and ko ), hmmm I trust my Oga @d top, they will chew it for u.
The help aspirant can benefit here are motivating passion, making the right decision of which school to choose , listen to medical tongues that ll challenge /inspire u, et ' al.
. It is true! "Runs to my physiology text" be right back with questions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
Profcamsey:
Hello. Who can help mr with nnpc/mpn past questions? You are blessed as you help ur younger brother.
Whats ur email I/d sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gameboi: 12:29am On Dec 09, 2015
lomaxx:
gameboi

It's been a while we corresponded. How're you doing?

Yeah! It's been a while.
I'm normal. How about you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 12:42am On Dec 09, 2015
Drguzzykola:

lol!!!as in ehn, where would I start from? Anyways, its all good.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 4:53am On Dec 09, 2015
Millex:

How about their DE?, did they use merit for that too
Yes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: UNNGRADUATEEE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.