Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,078 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1834789 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
daisy14:
Hello please is it possible to do change of course from biochemistry to medicine at uil after 100 level?

UI or Unilorin?
If its UI then yes it's possible.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
OJABS1:
A woman consulted a physician because her son was born with the inferior surface of his tongue attached to d floor of his mouth.
(1) What is this condition called?

(2) Briefly elucidate the embryological cause of this anomaly.

(3) what can be the potential complication of this condition?

(4) what is d functional significance of this defect?

(5) "Supposing" you are the physician in question, what would had been your treatment? why?

Feel free to share your views.

1. Ankyloglossia(tongue-tie)
2. It is mostly congenital and hereditary.
3. Severe pain and oral/speech problems.
4. Pain and difficulty in breasfeeding and mobility of the tongue.
5. Will refer to a dental/pediatric surgeon.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by enny234: 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
Arolejesu111:
Hmmmm!!! Weneva i see medical student i envy dem and sometin triggers me dat i can still get there, ave writted jamb 4times now al in d'name of medicine but to no avail, i finally ended up at a poly where i did slt now wanna go for microbiology...Hnd level but still got flare for medicine, how can i go abt it , and which of d'skul is a sure bait for me . Tnks
You didn't write ur state of origin, but LASUCOM is good, so u can try LASU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
Guys pls how can one use unilorin remedial programme to gain admission for mbbs? Because there is no mbbs in their remedial programme.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:47am On Dec 13, 2015
smartsammie:

Thanks a lot. If u dont mind can u drop ur contact. I am a 200L student of biochemistry in OAU. I want to write another UTME and combine both program together. Its only the practicals that might give me issues. All other courses there will be a walkover by God's Grace.

Once again. Thanks a lot. I appreciate
You're welcome bro. Strictly Whatsapp, thanks.

PS: 07068659905
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2015
Drguzzykola:

u welcome boss,, also get GMAT job aptitude textbook, the generally recommended text for scholarship exams.
Success !
Good day boos.
Sir, can u please send me the scholarship text? Please sir. Here's my email: ugohikem@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OJABS1: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Jesumed:

1. Ankyloglossia(tongue-tie)
2. It is mostly congenital and hereditary.
3. Severe pain and oral/speech problems.
4. Pain and difficulty in breasfeeding and mobility of the tongue.
5. Will refer to a dental/pediatric surgeon.
Good job bro. I like your views. 1 & 2 are now settled already. But your number 4 answer is actually part of number 3.
(3) Makes breast feeding difficult. May also lead to difficulty in speech.
(4) The condition is of no functional significance.
(5) I would had referred the mother to the pediatrician for good counselling which should also include adequate feeding for the child until the condition gets better. The reason is, since condition is mostly characterized by short lingual frenulum around the tip of the tongue, short frenulum stretches with time by itself, making the surgical correction of this anomaly unnecessary (hence a dental surgeon is not necessarily needed).
More views are still welcome (if any). Nice attempt.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cana882(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
Pls I'm a graduate of biochemistry & have completed my NYSC. I'm 25yrs but still want 2 study medicine. There's a program dat give graduates admission into yr3 of medical school. Pls I need advice if I should pursue it because it's nt jst about fulfilling my dream, bt about a brighter future. God bless u all

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
cana882:
Pls I'm a graduate of biochemistry & have completed my NYSC. I'm 25yrs but still want 2 study medicine. There's a program dat give graduates admission into yr3 of medical school. Pls I need advice if I should pursue it because it's nt jst about fulfilling my dream, bt about a brighter future. God bless u all
Sorry to disturb, but what program is that? Can I get info on it?.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OJABS1: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
cana882:
Sir, pls pursue it. If u can bravely keep striving, u can reach the heights u thought were beyond u. An actress Loren observed, "Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself..." You just have to belief in urself. You are responsible for every choice u take in life, weather +ve or -ve. It requires courage to make difficult choices in life. You have every reason to be what you want to be in life. You have every reason to give yourself the bright future that u want. u must only learn to refuse being distracted by anything, not even by ur age...25yrs isn't bad. The future is still bright.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cana882(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
OJABS1:

Sir, pls pursue it. If u can bravely keep striving, u can reach the heights u thought were beyond u. An actress Loren observed, "Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself..." You just have to belief in urself. You are responsible for every choice u take in life, weather +ve or -ve. It requires courage to make difficult choices in life. You have every reason to be what you want to be in life. You have every reason to give yourself the bright future that u want. u must only learn to refuse being distracted by anything, not even by ur age...25yrs isn't bad. The future is still bright.
tnx vry mch sir.. won't gv up

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cana882(m): 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
Millex:

Sorry to disturb, but what program is that? Can I get info on it?.
a program in Ghana (legon). PM me 4 more info
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Study4christ: 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samsolite(m): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hello everyone.

I've been hearing about IJMB A-Levels program and I've gone through their website to know more ijmb .

I'd like to know if there are members of this forum that got admitted to medical school via IJMB and what university you applied to, and also is there a cut off point required for medical school.

I'm considering enrolling for the IJMB program. What advice would you give me?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
The University of Ibadan school fee structure medicine and surgery /dentistry 100 level.
Acceptance fees:20000
Bank Commission on acceptance fees:200
School fees:22800
Accommodation:14000
Note: accommodation is not compulsory
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
Vcojuro:
The University of Ibadan school fee structure medicine and surgery /dentistry 100 level.
Acceptance fees:20000
Bank Commission on acceptance fees:200
School fees:22800
Accommodation:14000
Note: accommodation is not compulsory
are you on whatsapp?, if yes, your number?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OJABS1: 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
cana882:
tnx vry mch sir.. won't gv up
You are welcome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OJABS1: 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2015
samsolite:
Hello everyone.

I've been hearing about IJMB A-Levels program and I've gone through their website to know more ijmb .

I'd like to know if there are members of this forum that got admitted to medical school via IJMB and what university you applied to, and also is there a cut off point required for medical school.

I'm considering enrolling for the IJMB program. What advice would you give me?
Remember to also write utme. It increases ur chances.
Do ur IJMB program in the institution u want to study. It will be an advantage.
Score at least 13pnts. You will stand a better chance.
And don't forget to pray. Prayer will go a long way.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
Pls,I need your advice oo....Is Bingham University good to study medicine?....I need answers please.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
prahcetomi:
Pls,I need your advice oo....Is Bingham University good to study medicine?....I need answers please.
I can't say it's good or bad. But I don't like the place personally, for no reason. If you really want to enjoy studying medicine I'll advise you to go for a federal university. My opinion.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by severus(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
For those like me who are interested in sponsorship for your schooling, i found this program online, www.schoola.cf they have plenty of scholarship programs and loan for sponsorship also you can get small work to do while in school. its really cool

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

I can't say it's good or bad. But I don't like the place personally, for no reason. If you really want to enjoy studying medicine I'll advise you to go for a federal university. My opinion.

Thanks......I'm viewing it as a potential second choice.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samsolite(m): 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
OJABS1:

Remember to also write utme. It increases ur chances.
Do ur IJMB program in the institution u want to study. It will be an advantage.
Score at least 13pnts. You will stand a better chance.
And don't forget to pray. Prayer will go a long way.

Well, going by the information I got from www.nairaland.com/1915103/ijmb-scam I don't think it'll be worth my time and resources going through IJMB.

Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:11am On Dec 15, 2015
prahcetomi:
Thanks......I'm viewing it as a potential second choice.
Nice. The school is ok tho, you can get admission easily as long as you have the required points. I have a friend there that wrote their putme and got medicine without choosing them in jamb. So do not relent in your efforts, struggle to achieve that feat.
Good luck to you!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 1:00am On Dec 15, 2015
I need scholarship past questions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 7:53am On Dec 15, 2015
Scholarship is awarded to the top five scorers in the University of Ibadan post utme.
And it started two years ago.
The scholarship covers your school fees, accommodation,and the likes till graduation.
Remember the cutoff mark is gotten from post utme only.
It is not an aggregate of post utme and utme.
For the 2015/2016 session the five top scorers, three males and two females, who are Adetunji AbdulRaham (86 per cent for law), Amaji Obinna Charles (86 per cent for medicine and surgery), Adebiyi Tijesunimi, (85 per cent for electrical and electronics engineering), Oke Dorcas Odunayo (83 per cent in medicine and surgery), Olowosulu Cassandra Olawumi (83 per cent for medicine and surgery) have been awarded automatic scholarship by the institution

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2015
Vcojuro:
Scholarship is awarded to the top five scorers in the University of Ibadan post utme.
And it started two years ago.
The scholarship covers your school fees, accommodation,and the likes till graduation.
Remember the cutoff mark is gotten from post utme only.
It is not an aggregate of post utme and utme.
For the 2015/2016 session the five top scorers, three males and two females, who are Adetunji AbdulRaham (86 per cent for law), Amaji Obinna Charles (86 per cent for medicine and surgery), Adebiyi Tijesunimi, (85 per cent for electrical and electronics engineering), Oke Dorcas Odunayo (83 per cent in medicine and surgery), Olowosulu Cassandra Olawumi (83 per cent for medicine and surgery) have been awarded automatic scholarship by the institution
UI too good
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2015
Guys pls how can one use unilorin remedial
programme to gain admission for mbbs?
Because there is no mbbs in their remedial
programme.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 10:59am On Dec 15, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

Nice. The school is ok tho, you can get admission easily as long as you have the required points. I have a friend there that wrote their putme and got medicine without choosing them in jamb. So do not relent in your efforts, struggle to achieve that feat.
Good luck to you!
Thanks a lot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2015
prahcetomi Sir... You are welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Okmartins(m): 2:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PilotOz(m): 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

What about a state University? cos i filled in for AAU becos i dnt want any delay or admission Bleep up, between my O level is at 2 sittings which would even disqualify me frm Uniben regardless...

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.