Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1843633 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 11:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
Profcamsey:
can you read the post again? He didn't say there is finrl accreditation yet. The school is not admitting, chikenna
You're the bemused fellow here.Read his posts again!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Profcamsey:
can you read the post again? He didn't say there is finrl accreditation yet. The school is not admitting, chikenna
You're the bemused fellow here.Read his posts again.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
Drdonzeez:
You're the bemused fellow here.Read his posts again.
That's my school, you can't be whiter than the whites. You ve sound offended. Egbon you can come and have the car .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zellie: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:
1. After being thrown from a motorcycle moving
at high speed, a 16-year-old female was
found to have a paralyzed right pectoralis
major muscle. Which set of movements at
the shoulder joint would be found greatly
weakened?
Abduction and extension
Abduction and lateral rotation
Adduction and flexion
Lateral rotation and extension
2.After a jarring blow to the left anterior
shoulder region, a young field hockey player
was told by an examining physician that she
had a muscle tear that resulted directly from
the superolateral distraction of a fractured
coracoid process. Which muscle was torn?
Deltoid
Pectoralis major
Pectoralis minor
Serratus anterior
Subclavius
3. During a fight a man is stabbed in the lateral
chest beneath the right arm. The wound does
not enter the chest cavity. Physical
examination reveals that the vertebral (medial)
border of the patient's scapula projects
posteriorly and is closer to the midline on the
injured side. On return visit the patient
complains that he cannot reach as far forward
(such as to reach for a door knob) as he
could before the injury. The nerve injured
which caused these symptoms is the:
axillary
long thoracic
musculocutaneous
radial
suprascapular
4. While observing a mastectomy on a 60-year-
old female patient, a medical student was
asked by the surgeon to help tie off the
arteries that supply the medial side of the
breast. The artery that gives origin to these
small branches is the:
Internal thoracic
Musculophrenic
Posterior intercostal
Superior epigastric
Thoracoacromial
5.A woman with breast cancer subsequently
develops metastases in her vertebral column.
The most direct route for spread of the tumor
to the vertebral column was via:
branches of the cephalic vein
branches of the lateral thoracic vein
branches of the thoracoacromial veins
lymphatic vessels draining into the axilla
branches of the intercostal veins
6. A man suffers a penetrating wound through
the anterior axillary fold, with resulting
damage to one of the main terminal branches
of the brachial plexus. Among the effects is a
significant weakening of flexion of the elbow.
One or more other effects to be expected is
(are):
a)Loss of cutaneous sensation on the tips
of several fingers
b)Only loss of cutaneous sensation on the
anterolateral surface of the forearm
c)Only weakening of flexion at the shoulder
Weakening of flexion at the shoulder and
d) loss of cutaneous sensation on the
anterolateral surface of the arm
e)Weakening of flexion at the shoulder and
loss of cutaneous sensation on the
7. A person sustains a left brachial plexus injury
in an auto accident. After initial recovery the
following is observed: 1) the diaphragm
functions normally, 2) there is no winging of
the scapula, 3) abduction cannot be initiated,
but if the arm is helped through the first 45
degrees of abduction, the patient can fully
abduct the arm. From this amount of
information and your knowledge of the
formation of the brachial plexus where would
you expect the injury to be:
axillary nerve
posterior cord
roots of plexus
superior trunk
suprascapular nerve.
Good night u all.
Zellie I've tried sending the textbooks but I haven't been able to get them through. The files are large and they don't upload for me to send. I was thinking of sending u the links were u can download directly since u'll still need to download even after I send the documents to ur email. Just decided to tell u first if it will be okay by u.
You can send the links. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 11:06am On Jan 03, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:
1. After being thrown from a motorcycle moving
at high speed, a 16-year-old female was
found to have a paralyzed right pectoralis
major muscle. Which set of movements at
the shoulder joint would be found greatly
weakened?
Abduction and extension
Abduction and lateral rotation
Adduction and flexion
Lateral rotation and extension
2.After a jarring blow to the left anterior
shoulder region, a young field hockey player
was told by an examining physician that she
had a muscle tear that resulted directly from
the superolateral distraction of a fractured
coracoid process. Which muscle was torn?
Deltoid
Pectoralis major
Pectoralis minor
Serratus anterior
Subclavius
3. During a fight a man is stabbed in the lateral
chest beneath the right arm. The wound does
not enter the chest cavity. Physical
examination reveals that the vertebral (medial)
border of the patient's scapula projects
posteriorly and is closer to the midline on the
injured side. On return visit the patient
complains that he cannot reach as far forward
(such as to reach for a door knob) as he
could before the injury. The nerve injured
which caused these symptoms is the:
axillary
long thoracic
musculocutaneous
radial
suprascapular
4. While observing a mastectomy on a 60-year-
old female patient, a medical student was
asked by the surgeon to help tie off the
arteries that supply the medial side of the
breast. The artery that gives origin to these
small branches is the:
Internal thoracic
Musculophrenic
Posterior intercostal
Superior epigastric
Thoracoacromial
5.A woman with breast cancer subsequently
develops metastases in her vertebral column.
The most direct route for spread of the tumor
to the vertebral column was via:
branches of the cephalic vein
branches of the lateral thoracic vein
branches of the thoracoacromial veins
lymphatic vessels draining into the axilla
branches of the intercostal veins
6. A man suffers a penetrating wound through
the anterior axillary fold, with resulting
damage to one of the main terminal branches
of the brachial plexus. Among the effects is a
significant weakening of flexion of the elbow.
One or more other effects to be expected is
(are):
a)Loss of cutaneous sensation on the tips
of several fingers
b)Only loss of cutaneous sensation on the
c)Only weakening of flexion at the shoulder
Weakening of flexion at the shoulder and
d) loss of cutaneous sensation on the
anterolateral surface of the arm
e)Weakening of flexion at the shoulder and
loss of cutaneous sensation on the
7. A person sustains a left brachial plexus injury
in an auto accident. After initial recovery the
following is observed: 1) the diaphragm
functions normally, 2) there is no winging of
the scapula, 3) abduction cannot be initiated,
but if the arm is helped through the first 45
degrees of abduction, the patient can fully
abduct the arm. From this amount of
information and your knowledge of the
formation of the brachial plexus where would
you expect the injury to be:
axillary nerve
posterior cord
roots of plexus
superior trunk
suprascapular nerve.
Good night u all.
Zellie I've tried sending the textbooks but I haven't been able to get them through. The files are large and they don't upload for me to send. I was thinking of sending u the links were u can download directly since u'll still need to download even after I send the documents to ur email. Just decided to tell u first if it will be okay by u.
Mehn!!!I did upper limb early last year, yet I would give it a try.
1-C
2-C
3-B
4-A
5-D
6-B
7-A
Wishing all medical students on this forum a blessed new year. Also wishing aspirants success so we can fully welcome you guys on board.
Now to my question. Sodium is not really a stimulus for the release of Aldosterone (Potassium has a strong effect). What would actually explain the release of Aldosterone from the zona glomerulosa of the Adrenal cortex in relation to severely reduced Sodium concentration in the ECF (blood plasma).

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
ikevin:

1-C
2-C
3-B
4-A
5-D
6-B
7-A
Wishing all medical students on this forum a blessed new year. Also wishing aspirants success so we can fully welcome you guys on board.
Now to my question. Sodium is not really a stimulus for the release of Aldosterone (Potassium has a strong effect). What would actually explain the release of Aldosterone from the zona glomerulosa of the Adrenal cortex in relation to severely reduced Sodium concentration in the ECF (blood plasma).
Mehn!!! U're good o.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deedrizzie: 5:20am On Jan 05, 2016
Thewhizzkid1 pls can u post the link for those upper limb questions?.... that's wah I'm doing now... and Gross is tryna be Cross
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oceangabriel: 6:34am On Jan 05, 2016
study in the philippines less tuition fee, whatsapp us on +639266769146 whatsapp only
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
deedrizzie:
Thewhizzkid1 pls can u post the link for those upper limb questions?.... that's wah I'm doing now... and Gross is tryna be Cross
These are the links.
http://www.med.umich.edu/lrc/coursepages/m1/anatomy2010/html/musculoskeletal_system/axilla_questions.html.

http://www.med.umich.edu/lrc/coursepages/m1/anatomy2010/html/musculoskeletal_system/pectoral_questions.html

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
Zellie:
You can send the links. Thanks
Sent.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
ikevin:

1-C
2-C
3-B
4-A
5-D
6-B
7-A
Macula densa detects low sodium concentration which then stimulates the secretion of renin by the granular cells of the JGA. Renin cleaves angiotensinogen-plasma protein- into angiotensin I. Angiotensin I is converted to angiotensin II by ACE. Angiotensin II (which has diverse effects) stimulates the zonal glomerulosa of the adrenal cortex to secrete aldosteone

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
Pls can you still remember the topics u did in histology? cc: ikevin, jargo89, ebsuguy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:
Pls can you still remember the topics u did in histology?
cc: ikevin, jargo89, ebsuguy.
No.But you will start with the Basic tissues(Connective,muscle,epithelial and nervous) then you will do all the systems.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by phenom57(m): 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
Please doctors,I want to know at what levels you write the MB exams. And what courses are taken at each level?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nadisms: 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
I'm a medical student AT ULI CAMPUS. Pls add me in ur whatsapp group at 08069736894
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zellie: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

Sent.
seen it, thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:
Pls can you still remember the topics u did in histology?
cc: ikevin, jargo89, ebsuguy.

1st semester: Basic tissues (epithelial, muscular, connective and nervous tissues).
2nd semester: respiratory sys, GIT and cardiovascular sys.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
angiography:

from university of Michigan??
Yes bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
ikevin:

1st semester: Basic tissues (epithelial, muscular, connective and nervous tissues).
2nd semester: respiratory sys, GIT and cardiovascular sys.
Thanks a lot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
ebsuguy:

No.But you will start with the Basic tissues(Connective,muscle,epithelial and nervous) then you will do all the systems.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bencharlie001: 8:07am On Jan 06, 2016
does lautech accept two olevel sittings for nursing or MLS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by larahmide: 8:40am On Jan 06, 2016
Yes, Lautech does accept two sittings 4 both courses
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rexceedo: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2016
Pls Docs, Pre-Docs or anyone with a known solution in the house; a friend of mine have been snoring right from her childhood till date, irrespective of her sleeping position.
She's @21 now.
Some said dat she heredited it from her dad who snores.
From the deduction I got from google it seems she's suffering from Obstructive Sleeping Apnea.
Pls, what can be done about it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deedrizzie: 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Rexceedo:
Pls Docs, Pre-Docs or anyone with a known solution in the house; a friend of mine have been snoring right from her childhood till date, irrespective of her sleeping position.
She's @21 now.
Some said dat she heredited it from her dad who snores.
From the deduction I got from google it seems she's suffering from Obstructive Sleeping Apnea.
Pls, what can be done about it
lwkmd... coincidentally... .. I'm studying genetics right now... and there's no "pattern of inheritance" that transmits "snoring"... personally i don't even think snoring is a disease
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Removes cobwebs How una dey?? It's been a while......
Una still remember this NICK so...?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2016
Merry Christmas and Happy New year All

I'm fully back...!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vicjay1(m): 9:37am On Jan 07, 2016
ikevin:

1-C
2-C
3-B
4-A
5-D
6-B
7-A
nice one bro
but i will go for number
6. E
7. E

no 6. The suspected injured terminal nerve is musculocutanous nerve and it innervates the biceps brachii muscle, which is also a slight flexor at the shoulder joint so its paralysis will weaken the flexion at the shoulder. the nerve continues as the lateral cutaneous nerve of forearm, so cutaneous sensation at the antetolateral part if the forearm would be lost.

no 7. the Supraspinatus muscle initiates abduction ie from 0° - 15° and lateral fibres of deltoid muscle from 15° - 90° while serratus anterior abducts above 90°.
so since initiation. of abduction is lost it is as a result of paralyses of Supraspinatus.
and supraspinatus is innervated by Suprascapular nerve(from the upper trunk)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vicjay1(m): 9:40am On Jan 07, 2016
Thewhizkid1 are u still in AAU ekpoma, cos I have never seen u..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vicjay1(m): 9:43am On Jan 07, 2016
phenom57:
Please doctors,I want to know at what levels you write the MB exams. And what courses are taken at each level?
you write your first MB at the end of 300L
courses taken includes Anatomy (gross, histology, embryology and neuro), physiology and medical biochemistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Vicjay...
Thank God you online....... Please , wha department are you and level precisely.... Please..!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.