Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835605 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1050mu(m): 9:37am On Jan 07, 2013
Lagusta:

The only university that I trust in the north is Ahmadu Bello university, zaria. Then maybe Bayero University, kano.....

Trust as in... U r a member of mdcn abi.. U hv nt bn to any of d aforementioned skul,bt u r olready showing bias attitude 2wards dem...smh4u

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deltadegre: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2013
1050mu:

Trust as in... U r a member of mdcn abi.. U hv nt bn to any of d aforementioned skul,bt u r olready showing bias attitude 2wards dem...smh4u
i still repeat myself lets leave all this big name schools what is important is your personal determination that really counts trust me school only give you an edge but if you dont develop urself you would have yoursef to blame after graduation. if you doubt m ask practicing doctors
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
1050mu:

Before I reply your post, I wanna ask some. questions...

1) Are you a medic, nurse, or even in the medical line....

2) Which school do you attend??

3) What level are you??

Cos I have never seen a medic talk like this!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
deltadegre:
i still repeat myself lets leave all this big name schools what is important is your personal determination that really counts trust me school only give you an edge but if you dont develop urself you would have yoursef to blame after graduation. if you doubt m ask practicing doctors

Now let me tell you something...

If you want to be a good doctor, you need to attend a good medical school, where there are seasoned lecturers, well equiped practical labs with good instructors, and a wide variety of specialties!!!

If there is NO neurosurgeon, plastic surgeon or even an orthopedic surgeon in a teaching hospital, then you need to be careful...

BTW, why do some teaching hospitals still refer to others for kidney transplant or MRI scan

That's the only way you can develop yourself!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1050mu(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lagusta:

Before I reply your post, I wanna ask some. questions...

1) Are you a medic, nurse, or even in the medical line....

2) Which school do you attend??

3) What level are you??

Cos I have never seen a medic talk like this!!!

Hey medics r nt nerds.. They don't have a particular way they talk.
I v bn following this thread for a while, ur contributions are quite superb, but by u saying u don't trust those other schools when u ve never bn there is really sad..bros that's y this cn3 is in ds state..
FYI , I m a medic too. 500lvl frm abu..
@ aluta I v heard u..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
I have heard all u have said. The reason why i asked the question was because i think those schools are being marginalized hence the reason why most people tend to put in for southern unis. @ oga Lagusta I saw many meanings into what u said about neurosurgeons and co, am gonna run a background check on some of them, i mean northern unis to know the capacities of their staff. Keep the spirit rolling!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
1050mu:

Hey medics r nt nerds.. They don't have a particular way they talk.
I v bn following this thread for a while, ur contributions are quite superb, but by u saying u don't trust those other schools when u ve never bn there is really sad..bros that's y this cn3 is in ds state..
FYI , I m a medic too. 500lvl frm abu..
@ aluta I v heard u..

Ok, does your school hav a neurosurgeon, plastic surgeon, CAT scan, MRI, mammograph... Have they ever performed a successful kidney transplant

Is there any northern school with the above posts

If yes, then I'll review my post..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1050mu(m): 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lagusta:

Ok, does your school hav a neurosurgeon, plastic surgeon, CAT scan, MRI, mammograph... Have they ever performed a successful kidney transplant

Is there any northern school with the above posts

If yes, then I'll review my post..

Mehn ur question is ridiculous.. If a teaching hosp does not have any of this .is it qualified to b termed as one?
The media has brainwashed u guys.. Thinkn d north is stil in the stone age era abi... This sad mehn .
Ask ur frnd or any doc dt has bn 2 any of ur aforementioned hosp.. Or wen u r on brk go to any of d teaching hosp f ur choice n c for ursef....
Don't modify your post sir, u r entitled to your own opinion.. Its really sad... Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prodigy2k(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lagusta:

I think you may be wrong... In my class for example, the ratio of christians to muslims is roughly 1:1.5, which is just a narrow margin, religion has nothing to do with medicine, moreover our provost is a christian...

Like I said, unilorin needs 240 jamb, about 70 post jamb and strong connections, with powerful prayers that's all...
CONNECTION? Aft trying to score 240,70 respectivly! Beta by stress indeed!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
1050mu:

Mehn ur question is ridiculous.. If a teaching hosp does not have any of this .is it qualified to b termed as one?
The media has brainwashed u guys.. Thinkn d north is stil in the stone age era abi... This sad mehn .
Ask ur frnd or any doc dt has bn 2 any of ur aforementioned hosp.. Or wen u r on brk go to any of d teaching hosp f ur choice n c for ursef....
Don't modify your post sir, u r entitled to your own opinion.. Its really sad... Thank you

Boss, abeg no vex ooo, I no kno say e go vex you like this.....

Well, you may be right... Maybe the northern medical schools are well equipped, with a lot of scholars as lecturers and tutors...

I even want to do my housejob there...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1050mu(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lagusta:

Boss, abeg no vex ooo, I no kno say e go vex you like this.....

Well, you may be right... Maybe the northern medical schools are well equipped, with a lot of scholars as lecturers and tutors...

I even want to do my housejob there...

Sorry o.. Best f luck as u write ur final mb
.. Wishn u d very best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
1050mu:

Sorry o.. Best f luck as u write ur final mb
.. Wishn u d very best.

Thanx boss!!! That's what I really need now... YOUR PRAYERS!!!

Thanx again!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
@ Integrity Tobi.
4 d last admision I'm nt sure if dey aceptd neco bt i tink dey did.i bliv dat it was jamb score dat was used(some pple wil argue against dis) 2 shortlist candidates 4 d postume so u don't realy nid 2 av As. Dey didn't do oral interview. T'was written. D 4 jamb subjects 100 questions.no calculator.d cut off was 64. U.i is unpredictabl. Dey myt change d critera dis yr.so just pray 4 God's help and read hard to av excelent results in both jamb and waec.make sure u cover d whole sylabus.i wish u suces.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lagusta:

Thanx boss!!! That's what I really need now... YOUR PRAYERS!!!

Thanx again!!!
Lagusta i wish u success in your final MBBS exams, i trust u , i know you can do it,now go out there and make us proud
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zinnyluv(f): 1:34am On Jan 08, 2013
Hi grt doc, i cn c seems u̶̲̥̅̊​ guyz hav 4goten abut ur wifes i mean d nurses any way shaaaa Lyk wat u̶̲̥̅̊​ guyz r doin in diz room. Luv ur conversation and hw u̶̲̥̅̊​ guyz get along wit d upcomin doc's. Am a student nurse 400 level nw . Madonna uni . Luv 2hav d Medical Docs as ma frinds . Email mε̲̣̣̣̥ Precios5luv@yahoo.com lez get chart 1 on 1 . Plz i nid d final yr doc,s nt d jambitos . No vex plz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 08, 2013
Lolzzzzz....*laughing.*
*e no easy*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 08, 2013
zinnyluv: Hi grt doc, i cn c seems u̶̲̥̅̊​ guyz hav 4goten abut ur wifes i mean d nurses any way shaaaa Lyk wat u̶̲̥̅̊​ guyz r doin in diz room. Luv ur conversation and hw u̶̲̥̅̊​ guyz get along wit d upcomin doc's. Am a student nurse 400 level nw . Madonna uni . Luv 2hav d Medical Docs as ma frinds . Email mε̲̣̣̣̥ Precios5luv@yahoo.com lez get chart 1 on 1 . Plz i nid d final yr doc,s nt d jambitos . No vex plz

madam nurse u funny o o o hahahaha,what about us wey no be docs,laughing in spanish,well wishing you all the best,kudos.oya dr lagusta and co add our madam nurse sharpely.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardmanvicky(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2013
I wanna ask u great minds a question. Assuming I am given admission to ui to start at 100lvl and lautech 200 lvl. Wich one shld i take
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardmanvicky(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2013
I wanna ask u great minds a question. Assuming I am given admission to ui to start at 100lvl and lautech 200 lvl. Wich one shld i go for.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shakidor: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
Pls, if a graduate of
any clinical or basic medical stdnt
like; physiology, medical lab,
physiotherapy, anatomy etc,
want to further in medicine after
graduation, aw will dey do it and
in wat level wi dey b placed in
medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by godstino(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
Shakidor: Pls, if a graduate of
medicine?
you can apply for direct entry, if admitted u will be placed in 200l or u can rewrite the UTME to start from 100l again...thats what i know ooo bt my bros(lagusta) or others go clarify you soon
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
@TOLU K Thanks 4 the update and ur reply,i appreciate it.Dat mean UI is no more using oral interview or wat,wao n av discourage som of my pals nt 2 choose UI cos i believe in written aside speaking big grammar 2 Prof. 4 interview.Sincerely this forum is adding value to people life ask me y... do u knw some folks ar jst viewing our conversation in d forum and gaining a lot.Am using dis medium 2 commend d effort of vry1 here.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
My own take on dis is dat 1)if both give u admission,u have to consider,analyse d course u ar given very well nd go 4 d best course u suggest 2)if only 1 of dem give u admission,go 4 it bt perhaps u ar nt satisfy wit d course purchase another jamb form.Dont turn down d previous,move on&if d new jamb work out u can go 4 it.Pray aswell.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hello dr hesjay,do u check your email? Try check your inbox.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Really!!! Gbam Gbam
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
INTEGRITY TOBI: Hello dr hesjay,do u check your email? Try check your inbox.
done
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
Evening Medics.... How was your day? Pretty dull over here.
Shakidor: Pls, if a graduate of
medicine?
You either go with the DE option and start from 200L or sit for JAMB again.... The advantage in my school is just that you don't have to sit for the course you had your first degree certificate during MBBS PART 1. i.e if you hold a degree in anatomy, then you wont write Anatomy Exam in your first MBBS exam (That's my school oo, i don't know how it operates elsewhere).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shakidor: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
adeaugustus:
You either go with the DE option and start from 200L or sit for JAMB again.... The advantage in my school is just that you don't have to sit for the course you had your first degree certificate during MBBS PART 1. i.e if you hold a degree in anatomy, then you wont write Anatomy Exam in your first MBBS exam (That's my school oo, i don't know how it operates elsewhere).
Thanks alot doc. God will empower you o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
Shakidor:
Thanks alot doc. God will empower you o
You're welcome. Am not a doctor though. Am more of a scientist, PhD in the making.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.