Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833862 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jjagz: 8:18am On Jan 13, 2013
wu is a doctor? a doctor is sumone wu kills ur ills wit his pills nd den kills u wit his bills. wadup pple grin haha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emergency2: 8:48am On Jan 13, 2013
Hello everybody, its good to be here. I stumbbled on this and I feel great. I am a med doc, graduated from OAU medical school in 2011, completed my housemanship in OAUTHC. I am going for my nysc in march.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2013
emergency2: Hello everybody, its good to be here. I stumbbled on this and I feel great. I am a med doc, graduated from OAU medical school in 2011, completed my housemanship in OAUTHC. I am going for my nysc in march.
wellcome doc to this thread created by our boss...lagusta presently in his finals....am still in preclinics though preparing for mb....so feel free to share the experiences u've had all through...once more wellcome Doc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 9:51am On Jan 13, 2013
emergency2: Hello everybody, its good to be here. I stumbbled on this and I feel great. I am a med doc, graduated from OAU medical school in 2011, completed my housemanship in OAUTHC. I am going for my nysc in march.
U are highly welcom...nice to hav u here.Am a newly admitted medical studnt to OAU.pls i would like if u can share ur experience with us.Can't wait...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sportyblinks: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
tayyibb: U are highly welcom...nice to hav u here.Am a newly admitted medical studnt to OAU.pls i would like if u can share ur experience with us.Can't wait...
luv 2 meet 2 u here@emergency, jst got ma admisn too in2 OAU, xo glad if u cn enlighten us d more
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
emergency2: Hello
everybody, its good to be here. I stumbbled on this and I feel great. I
am a med doc, graduated from OAU medical school in 2011, completed my
housemanship in OAUTHC. I am going for my nysc in march.

hey welcome senior colleague!!!

i cant wait to join you guyz meeeeeehn......

and i pray WE ALL make it, no resits, no repeats, and no retrenchments, make we jus dey pass dey gooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
and i also have to admit that i was very wrong concerning northern universities.... many apologies to anyone hurt or annoyed with the statements made... thanx!!!

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mubaraq95: 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
Xo api 2 finally c a place 2 belong 2...9ce 2 meet u guyz jst a newly admitted med student in ui
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mubaraq95: Xo api 2 finally c a place 2 belong 2...9ce 2 meet u guyz jst a newly admitted med student in ui
me 2 u're welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emergency2: 10:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
I entered OAU medical school in 2004, I felt very great and happy that I was eventually admitted to my desired course,and I have heard so much about medicine so I have prepared my mind for them.
Preclinical days were wondarful,I did anatomy,biochemistry,physiology and pharmacology. Physiology was my best course then, and I got my Nickname (emergency) from my Biochemistry professor(prof Fakunle).They were very challenging, but if you apply yourself to them both in class and through your personal reading, you will discover that they are not hard to understand. What you need is consistency, since they are volatile.
Many things will be there to discourage you, but you just need to keep the dream alive.
Clinical years(400-600) are practical experience and they are easier, even though there are more work and its tougher, you are matured and have more confidence in yourself, so its generally easier.
One thing to note is that, you need to discover yourself early in medical school, don't ever follow someones footstep, it is usually disastrous.
Know the time you assimilate best and stick to it, know how long you can read at a stretch.
Love the Lord your God and believe in yourself. Medical school will be a work over for you.
I wish you all the very best.Cheerz

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mubaraq95: 10:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
Tolu k: me 2 u're welcome
tenx a bunch
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
emergency2: I entered OAU medical school in 2004, I felt very great and happy that I was eventually admitted to my desired course,and I have heard so much about medicine so I have prepared my mind for them.
Preclinical days were wondarful,I did anatomy,biochemistry,physiology and pharmacology. Physiology was my best course then, and I got my Nickname (emergency) from my Biochemistry professor(prof Fakunle).They were very challenging, but if you apply yourself to them both in class and through your personal reading, you will discover that they are not hard to understand. What you need is consistency, since they are volatile.
Many things will be there to discourage you, but you just need to keep the dream alive.
Clinical years(400-600) are practical experience and they are easier, even though there are more work and its tougher, you are matured and have more confidence in yourself, so its generally easier.
One thing to note is that, you need to discover yourself early in medical school, don't ever follow someones footstep, it is usually disastrous.
Know the time you assimilate best and stick to it, know how long you can read at a stretch.
Love the Lord your God and believe in yourself. Medical school will be a work over for you.
Prof Fakunle!!!!!! Angel of Chemistry!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2013
tayyibb: U are highly welcom...nice to hav u here.Am a newly admitted medical studnt to OAU.pls i would like if u can share ur experience with us.Can't wait...
tayibb'plz lemi av ur 2go usernam
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 14, 2013
Lagusta:

hey welcome senior colleague!!!

i cant wait to join you guyz meeeeeehn......

and i pray WE ALL make it, no resits, no repeats, and no retrenchments, make we jus dey pass dey gooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same with me final year laboratory medicine,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 12:21am On Jan 14, 2013
emergency2: I entered OAU medical school in 2004, I felt very great and happy that I was eventually admitted to my desired course,and I have heard so much about medicine so I have prepared my mind for them.
u r so so on point....dropping it as it's hot...thanks boss.....what left now is application
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 14, 2013
A
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:09am On Jan 14, 2013
[quote
author=Abeycity97]Guys pls pray for us! Things are not easy here at OAU
medical sch.Final Part2 result was released nd half of d class were
either in withdraw or repeat or resit category in medicine while in
Dentistry only 3 studnts passed d rest of d class were either in
withdraw or repeat or resit category.Part 3 result was just something
else in both medicine nd Dentistry.Guys dis OAU tire me o na
everysession dem dey change there system.[/quote]

boss, its EVERYWHERE!!!!!

come to unilorin, u'll thank God!!!

but dont worry, the LORD GOD will see you through, no repeat, no resit and no withdraw!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:09am On Jan 14, 2013
[quote
author=Abeycity97]Guys pls pray for us! Things are not easy here at OAU
medical sch.Final Part2 result was released nd half of d class were
either in withdraw or repeat or resit category in medicine while in
Dentistry only 3 studnts passed d rest of d class were either in
withdraw or repeat or resit category.Part 3 result was just something
else in both medicine nd Dentistry.Guys dis OAU tire me o na
everysession dem dey change there system.[/quote]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NiceHans: 7:37am On Jan 14, 2013
Medschool, u hv 2 make use of every freaking second, esp when exams r less than a month away
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 14, 2013
Abeycity97: Guys pls pray for us! Things are not easy here at OAU medical sch.Final Part2 result was released nd half of d class were either in withdraw or repeat or resit category in medicine while in Dentistry only 3 studnts passed d rest of d class were either in withdraw or repeat or resit category.Part 3 result was just something else in both medicine nd Dentistry.Guys dis OAU tire me o na everysession dem dey change there system.

Great Ife!!! I hail thee. @Abeycity97, which part2 is dt cos i think OAU shld be finishing their examz dis mnth, is d college of health sciences agenda faster than the whole school's own
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emergency2: 10:14am On Jan 14, 2013
Abeycity97: Guys pls pray for us! Things are not easy here at OAU medical sch.Final Part2 result was released nd half of d class were either in withdraw or repeat or resit category in medicine while in Dentistry only 3 studnts passed d rest of d class were either in withdraw or repeat or resit category.Part 3 result was just something else in both medicine nd Dentistry.Guys dis OAU tire me o na everysession dem dey change there system.

I feel for you and i understand what you are passing through. medical school comes with a lot of mixed feeling, happy at one end that you made it and very sad at the other end that some of your friend couldnt. please one thing that you need to understand is that they are bound to happen. just make sure right from day 1, work hard to be among the leading majority, for instance if your class is 200 students, i always advice that you make sure you are within the average in every incourse or end of postings. In oau med school, part 2 and part3 are the most dreaded years because of the rate of withdrawer and this can be averted from the first day.
please if your incourse score have been below the average of the class, then you need to seek help early. do not keep hoping they will come up,look for a reading partner or someone who can put you through, form a discussion group comprising of the brilliant ones.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 10:42am On Jan 14, 2013
Is everywhere...Path&Pharm result was released last week and 50 were withdrawn....few resited and some repeated...only about half d class passed....This is med.sch for you...casualty are bound to happen.....JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT A CASUALTY

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 14, 2013
A
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
buzyguy: tayibb'plz lemi av ur 2go usernam
my 2go id is Temitopetoyib.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
Abeycity97: Here in OAU only part1 studnts of d college of health sci follow d normal sch calendar nd dey ar writing dia 2nd semesta exams presently with other faculties.its nt dat d college calendar is faster its because we av no brk once we begin a session so dia is notin called semesta here, so most times d preclinical classes write exam b4 d whole sch wil be writing exam.But for d clinical classes it seems dia calendar is longer dan d normal sch calendar because most times dey write dia final exams wen d sch has resumed a new session.

Dt mins d issue affected most of my friends. Can't bliv just 3 of dem came out in flying colours. embarassed embarassed embarassed Very bad! @Abeycity97, pls, make suo u're one of d few best. Wish you luck!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
Dr emergency thank u for 4 sharing such an invaluable xprience...gr8 to hav ppl like u here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by survivor10(m): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
ebsuguy:
Is everywhere...Path&Pharm result was released last week and 50 were withdrawn....few resited and some repeated...only about half d class passed....This is med.sch for you...casualty are bound to happen.....JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT A CASUALTY
u r just on point. As of last session, many part2 n 3 were forced to repeat in nauth(they didn't fail any exam o). Just saw headline dt imsuth med stdnts protestd n d rest. 7yrs in med schl dis days na by God's grace! Med council dn tidy men finish.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sportyblinks: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hmmmn'....advice 2 d newly admitd medics: D pace of a race starts once d whistle iz blown....we mst join d strugle ryt frm our 1st day in skul nd may God help us al....plz watz d basis of placin medics on withdraw, repeat nd resit nd does dt mean doz wt repeat wil b a yr jnr 2 dia mates?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hello greatest medics and paramedics,make una attract paramedics in this forum,like pharmacist peepz,physiotherapist,radiologist let them share info as regards to there profession.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 1:49am On Jan 18, 2013
HELLO all,im a Foreign Medic.i love the thread.Took the time to go through the pages.
Keep it up guys
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 18, 2013
D_BestDoc: HELLO all,im a Foreign Medic.i love the thread.Took the time to go through the pages.
Keep it up guys

U're welcum!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docmayor: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2013
Hi docs, dis is d mayowa ,200level mbbs unilag. Hapi 2 be on dis thread.2 dr lagusta , i wish u success in ur final mb exam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.