Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836440 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
shocked shocked shocked even if you get first class upper. Kut. No.
lolz oh.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
yemiosinbajo:

No, with a First Class in Biochemistry, he would get admitted to 300 level Medicine and Surgery via direct entry.
not possible.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kenneczy: 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hehehe.goodmorning retired graduate of anatomy and physiology.i've been hearing report of the very bad reputation giving to this course.please,should i follow your footsteps or wait for jamb.am a dead serious science student and i want to study medcine,but unfortunately,i score 217.5 .(UNN).i did not see my name on the admission list,so,i need you help.''SHOULD I GO FOR ANATOMY OR PHYSIOLOGY AND IS IT POSSIBLE TO MIGRATE TO MEDCINE AND SURGERY VIA ANATOMY IN 200LEVEL?''.i just finished my secondary school and i thought getting admission was just like passing a common entrane examination.please help me HIGHLY EXPERIENCED PROFILED ANATOMIST,DOCTORS,PHARMACIST.PHYSIOLOGIST.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by olokuntemidayo(m): 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=pheyii post=27618428][/quote]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adebolade(m): 8:17am On Oct 10, 2016
Kenneczy:
Hehehe.goodmorning retired graduate of anatomy and physiology.i've been hearing report of the very bad reputation giving to this course.please,should i follow your footsteps or wait for jamb.am a dead serious science student and i want to study medcine,but unfortunately,i score 217.5 .(UNN).i did not see my name on the admission list,so,i need you help.''SHOULD I GO FOR ANATOMY OR PHYSIOLOGY AND IS IT POSSIBLE TO MIGRATE TO MEDCINE AND SURGERY VIA ANATOMY IN 200LEVEL?''.i just finished my secondary school and i thought getting admission was just like passing a common entrane examination.please help me HIGHLY EXPERIENCED PROFILED ANATOMIST,DOCTORS,PHARMACIST.PHYSIOLOGIST.
my npinion take jamb again, if admiission is giving this year grab it like life depend on it .no knowledge is lost.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kenneczy: 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
i'l do just that.thanks for you opinion.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Olarewajub: 1:30am On Oct 12, 2016
So the top 10 students in the department of physiology and anatomy (Unilorin) have the liberty to cross to MBBS, isn't this risk worth taking?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
There's a WhatsApp group for MBBS exam preparation. If you're interested, drop your number so you can be added.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rexceedo: 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:
There's a WhatsApp group for MBBS exam preparation. If you're interested, drop your number so you can be added.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Omonoba1: 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
lomaxx:

Gross Anatomy: Snell's Clinical Anatomy By Regions

Histology : BRS Histology + Di Fiore's Atlas of Histology

Embryology : BRS Embryology

Physiology : NMS Physiology plus/minus Fox Physiology

Biochemistry : MN Charteajea Textbook of Medical Biochemistry

The books I recommend to medical students are often looked down upon. They are indeed risk adventures. Most medical students I recommend books to end up not using them. Why? Because they're not the usual books. Medical students are used to the books generations ahead of them used and prefer spending long grueling hours on huge endless textbooks. To some of them, that's the drill.

But one girl attempted to use of of the books I recommended in her Pathology exam. Her classmates were studying Almighty Robbins and Cortran Pathologic Basis of Disease. I told her not to use it. My reason: the book was too detailed and time wasting. I offered her a trio of Pathology Secrets+Pathguy.com+Some lecture notes I emailed her. The results was out last week- she topped the class with a distinction mark. They still think she's a genius.

Happy weekend.
Thanks for this recommendation back then.. I had a great time with Snell's clinical anatomy though the osteology was not too detailed... Pls I would appreciate if you can send me the pathology and pharmacology recommendations.. My email is acidosis101@gmail.com. thanks!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by James150: 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dalyjay(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pemale(m): 4:26am On Oct 13, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JeccyYang: 8:23am On Oct 13, 2016
hi, i am in my last year of senior high school in India, and i want to learn MBBS in China when i graduate. if i cant speak chinese, can i still study MBBS program in China? who is now studying in China for mbbs and can you give me some information about scholarship and fee structure studying mbbs program in china universities? thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ahmedicine10(m): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

Pls add me 09054970335
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by atakitisam1(m): 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
Ahmedicine10:
Pls add me 09054970335
Ahmedicine10:
me 09054970335
Pls add me to the group 09039267964
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by feyibada520: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hello docs.. I intended to study medicine and surgery at the University of ibadan but my weighted score was not high enough.. It looks like I would be offered physiology.. Do you think it's possible to cross to mbbs after my 100l.. I heard that UI stopped allowing students to cross to mbbs.. How true is that??.. Thanks a lot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
feyibada520:
Hello docs.. I intended to study medicine and surgery at the University of ibadan but my weighted score was not high enough.. It looks like I would be offered physiology.. Do you think it's possible to cross to mbbs after my 100l.. I heard that UI stopped allowing students to cross to mbbs.. How true is that??.. Thanks a lot
it's false. They still do. Just don't go for Med lab science if you want to cross. You won't be allowed to from that dept.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by feyibada520: 11:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
dearpiriye:
it's false. They still do. Just don't go for Med lab science if you want to cross. You won't be allowed to from that dept.

Oh.. Alright.. Thanks..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by feyibada520: 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
Uhmmm but could you please tell me the procedures involved
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drajjay: 7:25am On Oct 15, 2016
You guys should join me celebrate by clicking the like button as I passed my part 1 Mbbs first sitting.

22 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 15, 2016
Hello everyone
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2016
Freshemzy:
Hello everyone am an undergraduate currently in my first year studying medical laboratory science but want to be a medical doctor since its my childhood dream. The question is can i go for medicine as a second degree and how is it possible
you can only go for medicine as a 2nd degree by starting all over from jamb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2016
dearpiriye:

sis, have you ever heard anyone cross to courses like mbbs, bds from the chemistry department?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:27am On Oct 15, 2016
Shabib:

sis, have you ever heard anyone cross to courses like mbbs, bds from the chemistry department?
hmm, I don't think private university will want to allow that,
even with good connection
Am not disputing the fact of ( nothing is impossible o) though

the shortest and the legit recognised way is thru jamb> pre degree if u gat some liver> direct entry from courses under college of Health@ Anatomy, physiology, Biochem majorly.

I ll advise u to take prdegree form asap , get Ur jamb form and do the needful
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NelsonObas(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
lomaxx:
Good evening everyone.

Straight to the point. In all my years of med school, I must say this is the only place I've both been appreciated for my efforts into ensuring we all succeed. One would assume that the medical students in my school would be primary beneficiaries, but that's story for another day.

Some weeks ago, I discovered some textbooks in Internal Medicine and Surgery that will certainly make your journey in Clinicals very easy. They're very straight to the point and contain relevant details that will be required of you. This would be the only place I will give those books to anyone.

Send me a pm using your mail to request for them, and I'll forward it to those interested.

....... please guy send to nelsonobatarhe101@gmail.com, tanx alot 4 sharing
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by slimzyguy(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:
07015501521. pls add
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
Shabib:

sis, have you ever heard anyone cross to courses like mbbs, bds from the chemistry department in UI?

Bhuumhite
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bhuumhite(f): 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
Shabib:

Bhuumhite
yes,chemistry students do cross to MBBS but as at now,the 100lvl chemistry students can't cross to any dept when they were not allowed to offer the courses that would enable them cross,so it's either they are in or nowhere,cos it's only if they fail that they can get out....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
Bhuumhite:
it's either they are in or nowhere,cos it's only if they fail that they can get out....

thanks. So, what courses can crossover with no 'not wanting best student to go ish'?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfortorubo: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.