Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833855 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 05, 2013
Why is it that all our medical textbooks are "not to be sold in the Usa, Europe and Caribbean"? It is written boldly on all of them.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saganuwa: 8:15am On Feb 05, 2013
abeg tell me about house job in ilorin. how waz it like 4 u?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2013
adeaugustus: Why is it that all our medical textbooks are "not to be sold in the Usa, Europe and Caribbean"? It is written boldly on all of them.

Because they were printed on a low budget for africa and india

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
saganuwa: abeg tell me about house job in ilorin. how waz it like 4 u?

I am still a final year student, writing my finals soon...

But I don't think I will do my house jb in ilorin, I love traveling, so I wanna extend my tentacles to other states....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by decode55(m): 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
any pre-clinical 1 student here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saganuwa: 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
Lagusta:

I am still a final year student, writing my finals soon...

But I don't think I will do my house jb in ilorin, I love traveling, so I wanna extend my tentacles to other states....
same here! when exactly are you grauating?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
saganuwa: same here! when exactly are you grauating?

Will be writing my final MB on the 25th of this mth...

U nko??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hi peeps, what's up
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:44pm On Feb 07, 2013
Everybody has gone to read, let me also go too....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
Lagusta: Everybody has gone to read, let me also go too....
lol funny buh na true ooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2013
ebsuguy: lol funny buh na true ooo

Hehehe, abi ooo!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
Med&sur the best course, all other courses my foot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by survivor10(m): 6:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
Messilo: Med&sur the best course, all other courses my foot
am a medic bt i doubt if its d best course. Medsurg is a noble profession bt dnt undermine other professions. We all share diff callings!

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2013

Hahaha, I feel u bro...

But other courses are good nah, for example, an architect plans the hospital, an engineer builds it, a pharmacist makes the drugs, a nurse cares for the patient....

In fact, a doctor must have a good and strong lawyer to defend him, in case "kasala burst" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:09am On Feb 09, 2013

pls, tell me you're joking
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:37am On Feb 09, 2013
alutacontinua:

pls, tell me you're joking

No, he's just MOTIVATED!!!! grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ibraheem009(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hello! I greet all d Medics in the room starting from His Excellency Lagusta to others.... I am very happy to see this thread. I am a 200-level Medical student of OAU. Nice to meet you all.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
[quote
author=Ibraheem009]Hello! I greet all d Medics in the room starting
from His Excellency Lagusta to others.... I am very happy to see this
thread. I am a 200-level Medical student of OAU. Nice to meet you
all.[/quote]

you are highly welcome, but plss delete that 'excellency' part before the SSS tracks me down grin

we also have some OAU medics here.... Don't know where they are tho...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ibraheem009: Hello! I greet all d Medics in the room starting from His Excellency Lagusta to others.... I am very happy to see this thread. I am a 200-level Medical student of OAU. Nice to meet you all.

My chairman sir, I am a newly admitted medic of the same school and I wish to hook up with you in respect of ur old notes most especially the zoos and bots. I will just make copies and return. pls,mail me on how to meet you. my email addy is morufoye@gmail.com.

thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
Lagusta:

you are highly welcome, but plss delete that 'excellency' part before the SSS tracks me down grin

we also have some OAU medics here.... Don't know where they are tho...
here I am boss...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 10:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ibraheem009: Hello! I greet all d Medics in the room starting from His Excellency Lagusta to others.... I am very happy to see this thread. I am a 200-level Medical student of OAU. Nice to meet you all.
u are welcom...am a newly admitd medic to OAU.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 10:21pm On Feb 09, 2013
morufoye:

My chairman sir, I am a newly admitted medic of the same school and I wish to hook up with you in respect of ur old notes most especially the zoos and bots. I will just make copies and return. pls,mail me on how to meet you. my email addy is morufoye@gmail.com.

thanks
longest tym bros...how is preparatn 4 resumptn
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2013
It seems only oau is now on holiday...not too bad sha.Let keep dis thread lively.dr lagusta,dr alutacontinua and odas more power to ur elbow u hav always been a strength to dis thread.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by uchbabybaby: 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
Lagusta:

A physiotherapist deals with the rehabilitation of the human musculoskeletal system, just an adjunct to an orthopedic surgeon... I think its 5 or 6 yrs but I don't kno whether they do internship...
. Phyysiotherapists are health care professionals concerned with human function and movement and maximising potential. They use physical approaches to promote ,maintain and restore physical , psychological and social well being. Physiotherapists use physical approaches to treat/manage diseases,injuries etc. Physiotherapy have many specialties like orthopaedics,neurology,peadiatrics,cardiopulmonary, geriatrics,O and G,community based physiotherapy etc . It is a 5 year course with a compulsory 1 year internship . So my dear, physiotherapy is not an adjunct to any orthopedics. Its a field of its own. Orthpeadics is jst a branch of physiotherapy. Physiotherapists also run/ manage clinics of their own.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:14am On Feb 10, 2013
uchbabybaby: . Phyysiotherapists are health care professionals concerned with human function and movement and maximising potential. They use physical approaches to promote ,maintain and restore physical , psychological and social well being. Physiotherapists use physical approaches to treat/manage diseases,injuries etc. Physiotherapy have many specialties like orthopaedics,neurology,peadiatrics,cardiopulmonary, geriatrics,O and G,community based physiotherapy etc . It is a 5 year course with a compulsory 1 year internship . So my dear, physiotherapy is not an adjunct to any orthopedics. Its a field of its own. Orthpeadics is jst a branch of physiotherapy. Physiotherapists also run/ manage clinics of their own.

Hi,

Sorry for any errors, but we were taught that orthopedics is a branch of SURGERY, not physiotherapy...

I know its a field on its own, with its specialties, but when you say orthopedics is a branch of physiotherapy, hmmmm....

Please where are the clinical students to back me up??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by uchbabybaby: 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
Lagusta:

Hi,

Sorry for any errors, but we were taught that orthopedics is a branch of SURGERY, not physiotherapy...

I know its a field on its own, with its specialties, but when you say orthopedics is a branch of physiotherapy, hmmmm....

Please where are the clinical students to back me up??
. You are right orthopedics is a branch of surgery of course. Wat am trying to tell you is that in physiotherapy, we have orthopedics physiotherapy just as we have other specialties in physiotherapy. Orthopedics is under surgery postn 2 in physiotherapy just the same way neurology etc is under medicine .I meant to say dat orthopedics is jst a branch in physiotherapy. Just understand that physiotherapy have other specialties that's all.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
bros, I hail o. I am good to go as per resumption. you nko?

tayyibb: longest tym bros...how is preparatn 4 resumptn
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2013
morufoye: bros, I hail o. I am good to go as per resumption. you nko?

yes broda, infact am hyper-ready 4 resumptn.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
uchbabybaby: . You are right orthopedics is a branch of surgery of course. Wat am trying to tell you is that in physiotherapy, we have orthopedics physiotherapy just as we have other specialties in physiotherapy. Orthopedics is under surgery postn 2 in physiotherapy just the same way neurology etc is under medicine .I meant to say dat orthopedics is jst a branch in physiotherapy. Just understand that physiotherapy have other specialties that's all.

Oh, ok, welcome...

Are you a student physiotherapist??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gleefreak125(m): 11:59pm On Feb 10, 2013
Pls lagusta, i'd lyk 2 knw d criteria 4 studyin medicine n surgery in unilorin though I knw its 240 n above 4 jamb wat abt 4 postutme. Also, why is it dat unilorin neva considers one's 2nd choice he d skul is chosen by a person 4 1st n 2nd choice, its happened 2 of 2ce, I 1ce scored 265 n 68% n neva considered n also 239 n 76% n wasnt considered 4 any course in both yrs, pls I jst nid u 2 put me 2ru n I'd luv u 2 debrief me on d questions 2.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gozzzy(m): 3:25am On Feb 11, 2013
Xup hommies...... Am a 5th year medical student in ABSUTH...... Not easy though, but quite fun.......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gozzzy(m): 3:30am On Feb 11, 2013
Abeg una o...... Is there any scholarship program, that allows undergraduates from all the levels in medicine and surgery...... Abeg treat this question with utmost importance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.