Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836098 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:38am On Feb 17, 2017
Dellybanky:
pls can dentistry students be also called medical students
Sure. Dentistry is a branch of medicine. And according to an English Dictionary pronunciation
(IPA): /ˈdɛntɪst/
noun (plural dentists)

A medical doctor who specializes in dentistry.

translations (specialized medical doctor)

So a student of dentistry can also be called a medical student.

Anyway. Just call us dental students. smiley grin

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dellybanky(m): 8:59am On Feb 17, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
Sure. Dentistry is a branch of medicine. And according to an English Dictionary pronunciation
(IPA): /ˈdɛntɪst/
noun (plural dentists)

A medical doctor who specializes in dentistry.

translations (specialized medical doctor)

So a student of dentistry can also be called a medical student.

Anyway. Just call us dental students. smiley grin

tankz Dr
was just curious when a friend said he is a medical students- dental surgery major
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bimbotua(f): 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
Good evening guys, how's the day going?
Please, I need help with my physiology -CVS precisely - I would so much appreciate it if I can be helped o...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
Dellybanky:

tankz Dr
was just curious when a friend said he is a medical students- dental surgery major
Welcome wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
bimbotua:
Good evening guys, how's the day going?
Please, I need help with my physiology -CVS precisely - I would so much appreciate it if I can be helped o...

What exactly do you want from CARDIOVASCULAR PHYSIOLOGY??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bimbotua(f): 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
Oogway:

What exactly do you want from CARDIOVASCULAR PHYSIOLOGY??
I only understand the introduction...i don't really understand the rest.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
bimbotua:

Try reading it up. Jot down the areas u don't understand and pm me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bimbotua(f): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
Oogway:

okay, I'll do that... thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Friedyokes: 11:01am On Feb 18, 2017
Hello everyone I'm from Benue state and I'm aspiring to be a medicine student ...I want to know which universities would be my best choice

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Friedyokes:
Hello everyone I'm from Benue state and I'm aspiring to be medicine student ...I want to know which universities would be my best choice
ABU zaria bro, or Nnamdi Azikiwe unibersity.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Minainyo(m): 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
Drguzzykola:

that moment wen the flame is abt to enter ya side
grin
is well sha...u guys should chill abeg.
DRguzzykola...Ts been a while, Ermm have U resume? I'd like to meet with U Cos I really need U to put me thru and share some hints that may B of help to me in school. Do U come around college hall?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
Minainyo:

DRguzzykola...Ts been a while, Ermm have U resume? I'd like to meet with U Cos I really need U to put me thru and share some hints that may B of help to me in school. Do U come around college hall?

sure..college hall and histology lab...

pm me or what ur phone no .lemme add u on whatsap.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
Friedyokes:
Hello everyone I'm from Benue state and I'm aspiring to be a medicine student ...I want to know which universities would be my best choice
your best choice would be the one you can easily get admitted into, that depends on your intelligence and how intelligent your competitors are. Also pick a university where your state is catchment, could help.

Goodluck choosing!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Minainyo(m): 4:04am On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Drguzzykola post=53839355]

sure..college hall and histology lab...

pm me or what ur phone no .lemme add u on whatsap. [/quote

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rexceedo: 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
Friedyokes:
How good is BSU?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bimbotua(f): 12:29am On Feb 21, 2017
Oogway:

triple response, capillary circulation, regional circulation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2017
bimbotua:
triple response, capillary circulation, regional circulation

PM me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faybobby(m): 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dellybanky:
pls can dentistry students be also called medical students

Yes. Dental students are also called medical students since they are both receiving the same training during clinical years.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ximenez(m): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
faybobby:

Yes. Dental students are also called medical students since they are both receiving the same training during clinical years.
Dental students is the correct and more appropriate one, don't you think?

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 7:43am On Feb 22, 2017
bimbotua:

what textbook do you use?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bimbotua(f): 8:31am On Feb 22, 2017
laryom1:
what textbook do you use?
Guyton
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
bimbotua:

Guyton
Read sembuligham, also try discussing it with colleagues and videos, theres lots of explanatory videos plus keep reading most times you harsly understand after first reading but when you discuss it, think over it, watch videos it tends to stick.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 3:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
bimbotua:

Guyton
Oh! Try Ganong's review and try me later.. If u have time, combo with Sembulingam would be superb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hi guys any one interested in the lymphatic vascular system?...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bimbotua(f): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
Millex:

Read sembuligham, also try discussing it with colleagues and videos, theres lots of explanatory videos plus keep reading most times you harsly understand after first reading but when you discuss it, think over it, watch videos it tends to stick.
okay thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bimbotua(f): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
laryom1:
Oh! Try Ganong's review and try me later.. If u have time, combo with Sembulingam would be superb
ok...thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
masperano:
Hi guys any one interested in the lymphatic vascular system?...
Not sure i get you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faybobby(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ximenez:
Dental students is the correct and more appropriate one, don't you think?

SURE BRO.
DENTAL STUDENTS TO BE PRECISE.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
Millex:

Not sure i get you

I meant if anyone is willing to discuss the anatomy, physiology and pathology of the lymphatic vascular system. ..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
Good evening docs. Please who can help me with the soft copies of any useful anatomy, biochemistry and physiology textbooks. My email is bgolohor@yahoo.com. thanks in advance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
masperano:

I meant if anyone is willing to discuss the anatomy, physiology and pathology of the lymphatic vascular system. ..
Well what i know is lymphatic vessels help drain tisssues and empty into ducts finally veins but not after some cleaning has been done by lymphocytes and macrophages also lymphatics are important in reducing interstitial fluid and blocked lymphatics causes edema as in cases of elephantiasis....
Also the lower limb and much of the abdomen and left side lymphatics drain into the thoracic ducts and left lymphatic ducts abd right side of body from upper limbs and head and neck drains into right lymphatic ducts and on to veins via jugular and carotid veins ...
Thats the lil i know
About pathology i guess its edema.. Thats kibda like what happens when ur toilet is blocked and shit thats supposed to flow to the septic tank comes back to the wc nd u know what that means... Now imagine that happening in body first waste isn't drained out nd the waste nd fluids comes back to interstitial compartment bd thats a deviation from normal so pathology.

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.