Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823802 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ifunanya2411(f): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lagusta:

Congrats dear.....

I'm sorry I'm not in Ilorin anymore..... I've graduated, d,one my house job, served my country and now in Lagos working in a private hospital.....

I'm so sorry, all my friends I know have all graduated and aren't in unilorin anymore.....

But u can contact any of the christian fellowships in the place, they will surely find a solution to your plight....

Once again, congrats.....
thank you ☺️

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by maxxG: 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
I'm an aspirant of medicine/surgery. Between Unizik and Uniben, which will be a better place to study medicine? Pls I need answers.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicmed1(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Graceist:
Hello vicmed,i am an aspirant of med sug in esut...
I had 283 in d utme and 7B's(mixture of b2&b3) and 2c's and my bro had 251,with 6b's and 3c's and we are both from enugu..so whats our chances of getting med sug xpecialy 4 med sug? And pls hw was d aggregate of last yr calculated....ild like to get other info 4rm u als...hope u dont mind giving me ur contact?thanks in anticipation
you and your brother are good to go from the calculation. method of calculating esut screening score is u multiply ur jamb score by 0.6 which gives you x and in ur olevel a1 is 100 b2 is 90 b3 is 70 and so on,then u add for ur subjects u registered for jamb and get ur and multiply by 0.4 to get y, finally add up x and y to get ur screening score. if your screening score is more than 275 then u'll get it. my number is 07089204360
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
maxxG:
I'm an aspirant of medicine/surgery. Between Unizik and Uniben, which will be a better place to study medicine? Pls I need answers.
Both UNIs are cool..
Buh uniben has higher compettition than unizik.. Unizik offers igbo in year one as a Gss course. Now it is left for u to decide.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordmavidon(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
Drguzzykola:

u said u hd 292 and i said i see the light ..
ur friend with 283 too. good to go..

DONT HOLD ME WORD FOR WORD O..
AM NOT PART OF ADMISSION COMMITTEE
Maybe i should make it clear..
only those doing the admission statistic(admission board) knows the cut off they use and how they arrive weather waec was used or not.. nobody knows...but they requested for waec during screening ..nobidy knows weather it was part of calc exept admin board which was hidden to the public
last year cut off wasnt known. everybody are just tryna guess.

Am just saying the talk of 280 as last yr cut off.. cant say much coz post ume 280 was the general cut off for merit @2015.
just saying maybe thats where the rumour of 280 comes..
u know how rumour spread na..

BASIC STUDY
1.. Guy stop am..better stop that lie from the pit of hell..
i can swear that out of 28 that was admiited in 2015 basic program..15 from rivers and 13 non indigens ... non of us paid a dime...who are those ur friend that told u non indigene must pay.. now they made u change to anatomy..nawa o
half of the list was indigen on merit..
..remaining half was non indigen with merit scores...

dnt paint uniport black o..
i dnt say its corruption free but uniport is trying to reward excellence esp MBBS admission.

Thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Graceist: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
vicmed1:
you and your brother are good to go from the calculation. method of calculating esut screening score is u multiply ur jamb score by 0.6 which gives you x and in ur olevel a1 is 100 b2 is 90 b3 is 70 and so on,then u add for ur subjects u registered for jamb and get ur and multiply by 0.4 to get y, finally add up x and y to get ur screening score. if your screening score is more than 275 then u'll get it. my number is 07089204360
tx vicmed,ild contact u via ur number for futher info's
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Pls any ebony state university student, pls signify.. Wanna ask few question that needs an urgent answer plsss.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Charleymed, I sighted u peeping..
Plss, are u a medical student in UNN?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ifunanya2411:
hello please I am a foreign trained doctor and I will be writing mdcn in unilroin by November this year,is there by any chance I could get hold of your past questions and also meet you too for some study advice? How possible is to to get accommodation too because I will be staying for 3 months?

Congrats Dr...
For the past questions, I could easily talk to the doctors I know here and get most of them for you...

Regarding accommodation... there are a couple vacant rooms in the Dr's quarters u could lodge for the period of your exams... it would be imperative though, to arrive earlier so as to secure one... Fellowships would gladly cater for u pending that. Congrats once again!

Am a 4th year Unilorin med student.

Dr Lagusta ✋, why you press pause on your diaries now?

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by benoinstrull: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
guys pls is uniosun accredited for medicine and can secure admission placing dem at second choice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
Been a while in here... One word to all aspirants here....
TAKE A MOMENT TO REFLECT DEEPLY ON YOUR DREAMS AND DECISIONS AND THE TRUE MOTIVE(S) BEHIND THEM... PASSING THROUGH THE RIGOROUS TRAINING WITHOUT TRUE DESIRE AND PASSION IS NOT WORTH IT AT THE END...AT ALL!!!

All unilorin medical aspirants should Kindly drop any questions they have here... I will be glad to help?�

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ifunanya2411(f): 12:19am On Jul 31, 2017
bethedoski:

Congrats Dr...
For the past questions, I could easily talk to the doctors I know here and get most of them for you...

Regarding accommodation... there are a couple vacant rooms in the Dr's quarters u could lodge for the period of your exams... it would be imperative though, to arrive earlier so as to secure one... Fellowships would gladly cater for u pending that. Congrats once again!

that would be awesome, but how do I keep in touch when I get there
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Awesome835(m): 5:48am On Jul 31, 2017
ISISs:
Waec?
Eng A1 Maths A1 Phy B3 Chem A1 Bio B2
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2017
Awesome835:

Eng A1
Maths A1
Phy B3
Chem A1
Bio B2
For unn, according to last year, ur aggregate is 310. Congrats.
Just pray UNNs cut off favours u this year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ifunanya2411:
that would be awesome, but how do I keep in touch when I get there

Kindly send me a mail ma...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by maxxG: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
ISISs:

Both UNIs are cool..
Buh uniben has higher compettition than unizik.. Unizik offers igbo in year one as a Gss course. Now it is left for u to decide.
Thing is I'm not bothered about Igbo language, I only care about the standard of the school. I dunno much about Unizik and it seems you do. So how will you rate both in terms of standard?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by benoinstrull: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
maxxG:
Thing is I'm not bothered about Igbo language, I only care about the standard of the school. I dunno much about Unizik and it seems you do. So how will you rate both in terms of standard?
in terms of standard uniben is far better, but the sch is very competitive, even guys with 300+ often don't get admission, cos dey use only jamb score for admission so if u have like 320 or above in jamb irrespective of ur waec score u are gud and beside d fees is beta compared to unizik

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 2:31am On Aug 01, 2017
ISISs:
Charleymed, I sighted u peeping..
Plss, are u a medical student in UNN?

No sir, I'm not a UNN student. I'm a student of unijos, but my younger brother applied for unn... Average according to last year's calculation 302.2. But there is this rumour that unn might not be using the point system this year, maybe only jamb or they will go back to post ume, reason being that, the performance of of the students admitted last is terrible

I don't know my brothers chances, though his jamb score is 284

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 8:11am On Aug 01, 2017
derrick015:
Hi good evening i will be suspending my pursuit of medicine to get money, Nysc and to be fully prepared for the challenges ahead. I believe next year is my year either thru jamb or D.E. So help me God.
I've been following you for a while. I sincerely wish you all the best. Do not let anyone discourage you. They'll tell you that they're being rational all the while discouraging you. Telling you to do a PhD instead and all that. Ignore all the noise. Just stay focused. Your service year is more than enough to prepare for jamb and direct entry. It's the same type of questions. Answer all the jamb past questions you can find from 1988 to date. Apply for both jamb and direct entry. You must not school in the west. Don't limit yourself. God bless you dear. You'll do well.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ifunanya2411(f): 9:17am On Aug 01, 2017
bethedoski:

Kindly send me a mail ma...
please what's your email?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 9:55am On Aug 01, 2017
STORM2:

I've been following you for a while. I sincerely wish you all the best. Do not let anyone discourage you. They'll tell you that they're being rational all the while discouraging you. Telling you to do a PhD instead and all that. Ignore all the noise. Just stay focused. Your service year is more than enough to prepare for jamb and direct entry. It's the same type of questions. Answer all the jamb past questions you can find from 1988 to date. Apply for both jamb and direct entry. You must not school in the west. Don't limit yourself. God bless you dear. You'll do well.

Dr storm, pls contact me via my signature. Got some advice needed from ya. Whatsapp only
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Feanah(f): 11:25am On Aug 01, 2017
bethedoski:

Congrats Dr...

Hello Doctor,I'm also a foreign trained Doctor..I'll be interested in the question papers too pls and can one secure the Doctors quarters accomodation before heading there?Like have it reserved for him or her.And what are other options for accomodation pls?Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oloniyan(m): 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
Folsy:

OK. Which 1s?
Send me a pm @ link2_fola@yahoo.com.

hello sis. sent you a pm and tried reaching through this email but it seems to have an issue.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 9jaCrib(m): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2017
How to Apply for the King’s College London Scholarship 2018

Award Providers: King’s College London(KCL)

About the Award: One award for entry onto ONE of the following full-time Undergraduate programmes:

BSc in Global Health & Social Medicine
BA in Global Health & Social Medicine

Application Deadline: 15th January 2018

Eligible Countries: UK, EU and International(Nigeria inclusive)

To Be Taken At (Country): UK

King’s College London Undergraduate Medical Scholarship 2018
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
Ifunanya2411:
please what's your email?

beNsurgchukwu@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
Feanah:

Hello Doctor,I'm also a foreign trained Doctor..I'll be interested in the question papers too pls and can one secure the Doctors quarters accomodation before heading there?Like have it reserved for him or her.And what are other options for accomodation pls?Thank you

Hi Dr, Will be glad to get them for you too .
There are many nice hostels off-campus you could easily afford for your intended duration of stay(at the agent's discretion of course).
I can't guarantee that of the Dr's quarters reservation but will be sure to make enquiries. Congratulations Dr
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by maxxG: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
benoinstrull:
in terms of standard uniben is far better, but the sch is very competitive, even guys with 300+ often don't get admission, cos dey use only jamb score for admission so if u have like 320 or above in jamb irrespective of ur waec score u are gud and beside d fees is beta compared to unizik
Thanks man! I'm quite worried cos I changed my school to Unizik and I'm suddenly feeling like I've made a bad decision cos my score would have taken me to Uniben and just recently I discovered I passed Unn's medicine cut off mark for last year(my average being 315).

I read change of school can now be performed twice. Do you think it's worth changing it again?(if it can be done)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chineduisaac(m): 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
please I need the help of any medical laboratory science student in unizik..
Need to ask a few questions
here is my whatsapp number: _ or you can drop your number
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Feanah(f): 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
bethedoski:

Hi Dr, Will be glad to get them for you too .
There are many nice hostels off-campus you could easily afford for your intended duration of stay(at the agent's discretion of course).
I can't guarantee that of the Dr's quarters reservation but will be sure to make enquiries. Congratulations Dr

Thanks Doc,will be waiting for feedback....thanks alot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2017
STORM2:

Well said Dr. storm2... thanks for those suiting words towards that dude.. also I still believe finances shouldnt be a hindrance to one's pursuit towards his/her dreams... ideas and rational reasoning also plays a major role.. some persons aren't financially stable before venturing into medsch but I tell you a lot of them are now sending money homes from multiple scholarships they acquired... your dream first
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Theyoungmaster(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Hello. I had 271, 3A(math, agric, igbo) ,4B(bio, eng, geography, economics) ,2C(physics and chemistry) in waec. What's my
chances of getting medsurg in unizik?

What was the cut off mark last year and how is it calculated?

I'm from imo state.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maravel(m): 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Tochipamela(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.